Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,621 members, 7,844,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

‘let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention (243 Views)

Rivers Youths Pull Down Wike Billboards In Port Harcourt (Video) / ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention / ‘Buildings Will Go Down’ — Wike Assumes Office, Vows More Demolitions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

‘let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by Bobloco: 7:18pm On Nov 01, 2023
The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT Nyesom Wike has vowed not to back down in the ongoing power tussle with Rivers State Governor, Siminalayi Fubara.

DAILY POST recalls that Fubara who fell out with Wike, his predecessor, is being impeached by the Rivers State House of Assembly.

Speaker of the Assembly, Martin Amaewhule, who is an ally of Wike, and some other members of the House, had commenced impeachment proceedings against the governor.

Wike’s allies had suspended the Majority Leader of the House, Ehie Edison, who is believed to be Fubara’s loyalist.

Speaking after the governors elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP and the party’s National Working Committee, NWC, met over the crisis in Abuja on Tuesday, Wike insisted that the fight would continue even if heaven falls.

Wike said, “You know I will not agree. If heaven will come down, let heaven come down so that everybody will be at rest.

“Anybody who knows me knows too well: what I’ll never take is threat. You know I will not agree. If heaven will come down, let heaven come down so that everybody will be at rest.

“Let’s do things right. He said they should bring N20 billion every month; that’s politics. But nobody said this when I was fighting. If you like, accuse me.”

This is coming despite reports that President Bola Tinubu has resolved the crisis.

The planned impeachment has caused chaos in the state as party supporters have continued to stage protests in Port-Harcourt, the capital city.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/11/01/let-heaven-come-down-wike-vows-to-fight-fubara-despite-tinubus-intervention/
Re: ‘let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by Iseong: 7:19pm On Nov 01, 2023
E don set grin
Re: ‘let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by YouandiAllofus: 7:20pm On Nov 01, 2023
Yes o... E don set. grin
See the egomaniacs we have as leaders!
It is quite shameful that these politicians have neglected their duties and obligations to the people as mandated by law and have now taken to a fight over bragging rights.
Even those in Abuja are throwing punches at people in Rivers.

And the bitter truth is, majority of our politicians are like this. Only these ones chose to go live in public
Re: ‘let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by GanagiBitrus: 7:22pm On Nov 01, 2023
I'm beginning to dislike this Wike of a man. Just talks anyhow.
Even this his one leg in PDP and one leg in APC is enough to breed confusion.
Re: ‘let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by truthhurtsnaira: 7:23pm On Nov 01, 2023
Look at Foolish Wike…

He thought he was smart..

He sold out his own people for crumbs and it was only a matter of time before his handlers will start to quarrel with him and ease him out.

They did that to Amaechi, to Okorocha, to all of those foolish red cap wearing over Sabi people….

When you are from a place that you dont have an idenity “RIVERS”…. And are glad to call yourself a body of water….. you can NEVER BE TRUSTED..
Re: ‘let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by Nice2023(m): 7:24pm On Nov 01, 2023
God fatherism is one of the threats to democracy.

Shey Wike mocked Amaechi for being an Abuja man...now he's now an Abuja man.

U cant be here and be there.

2billion abi 20billion for what now ?

He who laughs last,laughs the best.
Re: ‘let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by STEWpid(f): 7:35pm On Nov 01, 2023
Chai..
Re: ‘let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by Mynd44: 7:37pm On Nov 01, 2023

(1)

Truly, Edo People Own Lagos State / Udom Emmanuel And Umo Eno Exposed / I Will Contest 2027 General Elections.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.