Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,624 members, 7,955,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:37 PM

What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines (7225 Views)

Nigeria Now Has 146 Million Active Phone Lines – NCC / Facebook Now Lets You Choose What Happens To Your Account After You Die / 11 Million Phone Lines in Nigeria (teledensity now 9.2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by burkutu: 10:23pm On Oct 25, 2011
I want to know if ncc has started blocking unregistered. I have an airtel number i deliberately refused to register just to see what'll happen and how long it'd take for it to happen.well,i noticed i can't make calls today but incoming calls aren't barred.anytime i try to make a call i get this female voice telling me i'm not allowed to call that number.anybody with the same experience on airtel?
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by burkutu: 10:11am On Oct 26, 2011
still can't make calls
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by beejay247: 11:02am On Oct 26, 2011
am experiencing same prob, but I registered my sim
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by Image123(m): 1:55pm On Oct 26, 2011
What amazes me more is that registration is still going on indefinitely. Enter the outlets of these gsm networks and they're ready to register your line again and again even if you've registered it before. I guess they just using it to rake money from the government via number of data entry filled or registered per day or something.
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by highland(m): 3:20pm On Oct 26, 2011
It will be blocked.
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by born2boink(m): 4:19pm On Oct 26, 2011
I never register my two lines and still calling and receiving calls and I will never register except they are block
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by leMuhito(f): 4:25pm On Oct 26, 2011
I experienced same problem this morning on my Glo (Registered), but its working now! cheesy
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by Heck: 4:56pm On Oct 26, 2011
Why not do the right thing
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by Tolulop001(f): 5:26pm On Oct 26, 2011
burkutu:

I want to know if ncc has started blocking unregistered. I have an airtel number i deliberately refused to register just to see what'll happen and how long it'd take for it to happen.well,i noticed i can't make calls today but incoming calls aren't barred.anytime i try to make a call i get this female voice telling me i'm not allowed to call that number.anybody with the same experience on airtel?

airtel was having problems, i had the same issue (my sim is registered) but it was resolved later.

It had nothing to do with registration
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by Koolking(m): 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2011
burkutu:

still can't make calls

general network problems. SIMs are not blocked yet cos the registration is ongoing. The dateline was extended. I am not sure what will happen after the dateline expires. To be on a safer side or not pay to register after the dateline, it is wise to register now
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by Gmmail(m): 5:58pm On Oct 26, 2011
I was tempted to register mine, only to hear it cost N100 I dont think i will register my sim anytime soon.
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by boombell: 5:59pm On Oct 26, 2011
What of those of us outside Nigeria,what can we do to save our line?Cos i have my sim here with me and i still want the number.
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by WebSurfer(m): 6:12pm On Oct 26, 2011
i dey laugh
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by Nickydrake(m): 6:46pm On Oct 26, 2011
I wonder how feasible the idea of placing a deadline on sim registration and blocking of unregistered Sim cards really is, considering that sim cards will still be bought AFTER the close of registration, and they, of course, would not have been pre-registered. What would happen to those? I figure there will always be registration outlets as long as there are sim card sales. This line of thought makes a lot of sense to me, but i could be ignorant of certain technical issues and consequently, wrong grin. I hope i'm right though; I ain't registered mine. cheesy
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by MMM2(m): 6:49pm On Oct 26, 2011
can i register my 9ja mtn line in down town
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by olafemi(m): 7:41pm On Oct 26, 2011
Presently all GSM operators are harmonizing their data base with the NCC and while these process is on you are still allowed to register your existing/new lines, i think the harmonization will be on till second week of November after which if your lines are not been registered SORRY will become your name as you will go buy a new line and still register it!!!!!
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by Agbo2(m): 8:01pm On Oct 26, 2011
born2fuck:

I never register my two lines and still calling and receiving calls and I will never register except they are block

Typical Naija spirit!
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by VoodooDoll(m): 8:25pm On Oct 26, 2011
But why do they want confidential information like Mother's maiden name?

I gave thems fake name because I don't want wahala for myself over a mobile phone!
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by EvilBrain1(m): 1:35am On Oct 27, 2011
I haven't registered any of my lines and I have no intention of doing so. I'm still making and receiving call for now though.

If they eventually block them, I'll either pay someone to register for me or give false information and use superglue to hide my fingerprints. I'm not a criminal but I see no reason why I should give this useless, corrupt government my private info.
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by mrofficial(m): 5:41am On Oct 27, 2011
Register ko, registration ni.
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by Nobody: 5:56am On Oct 27, 2011
There was this thread i created earlier which i recently updated How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered?
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by itiswell1(m): 7:09am On Oct 27, 2011
Evil Brain:

I haven't registered any of my lines and I have no intention of doing so. I'm still making and receiving call for now though.

If they eventually block them, I'll either pay someone to register for me or give false information and use superglue to hide my fingerprints. I'm not a criminal but I see no reason why I should give this useless, corrupt government my private info.

Evil brain indeed.
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by tnthommie(m): 8:14am On Oct 27, 2011
Evil Brain:

u go also use mask cover ya face.
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 27, 2011
Why is it that most nigerians are lawless? It doesnt take someones life to get ur sim registered, why can't we do the right thing for once!!!! , I read most people in the forum bragging that they are not ready to register their sim unless blocked, fools!!!!
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 27, 2011
Blocked shocked
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by EvilBrain1(m): 11:51am On Oct 27, 2011
tnt_hommie:

u go also use mask cover ya face.

My picture is useless to them if they don't have my real name or fingerprints. Face recognition technology is nowhere near accurate enough to recognize me out of the tens of millions of other pictures. Especially considering the rubbish, low-resolution cameras they're using.
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by Oletunow(m): 1:23pm On Oct 27, 2011
Evil Brain:

My picture is useless to them if they don't have my real name or fingerprints. Face recognition technology is nowhere near accurate enough to recognize me out of the tens of millions of other pictures. Especially considering the rubbish, low-resolution cameras they're using.

Your picture is not useless and it will serve the same purpose as the finger hand print. The primary purpose is to be able to match someone to each telephone line, face recognition is not needed to do that. If your phone number came up in some shady deal, all they need is search the database against your phone and voila! Your face will come up the screen and the authorities will have their man.

In developing countries like Nigeria, your picture in a database is worst than your finger hand print. It is easier or authorities to nap their man by using a picture.
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by Peace20: 3:50pm On Oct 27, 2011
I hav registerd my mtn numba 2 times now but it kips sayin not registerd. Any 1 wit same experience?
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by sley4life(m): 6:24pm On Oct 27, 2011
it will be blocked
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by vokalguy(m): 10:56pm On Oct 27, 2011
Can someone explain to me the purpose of registering a phone line? When did this start, why was it implemented?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gionee M6/android Issues / Get Loans From Etisalat From N1000 To N100,000 Naira Directly To Your Bank Accou / The Fall Of Opera Mini.. Any Capable Replacement...???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.