Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,687 members, 7,865,742 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:25 AM

What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines (7135 Views)

Nigeria Now Has 146 Million Active Phone Lines – NCC / Facebook Now Lets You Choose What Happens To Your Account After You Die / 11 Million Phone Lines in Nigeria (teledensity now 9.2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by Fancier(f): 10:01am On Oct 28, 2011
For Airtel users, i think it was a general problem. I experience same on my airtel line, but the moment i got to office to complain, you need to see the queue of people with the same problem. This has nothing to do with register or no register. My Sim is functional now the lady has stopped telling me am blocked from calling any no.
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by walcolm(m): 2:16pm On Oct 28, 2011
registration of sim is not a project that will stop, it will eventually evolve into a call centre activity that must happen before a new simcard is activated on the network.

eventually, numbers that are not registered will be expired and offered on fresh simcards to new subscribers. if you happen to have that number currently and u dont register it against your name, that simcard will become useless and u have to buy a new one but with no guarantee that the number will be available
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by Dabss(m): 4:44pm On Oct 28, 2011
walcolm:

registration of sim is not a project that will stop, it will eventually evolve into a call centre activity that must happen before a new simcard is activated on the network.

eventually, numbers that are not registered will be expired and offered on fresh simcards to new subscribers. if you happen to have that number currently and u dont register it against your name, that simcard will become useless and u have to buy a new one but with no guarantee that the number will be available
gbam!!! Well said.
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 31, 2011
Nigeria sha want become full police state, na by force? them no fit tackle real issue come de require sim registration.
then them need to only sell sims at store locations then, anybody can just put any name to register na? or can't you.
sim registration ko, na passport?
Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 31, 2011
I think you are confused

LEGAL doesn't mean right,
it was illegal for slaves to run away in America, does that make it right?
it was illegal for women to vote , does that make it right?
it is legal to cut of someone's hand for stealing in certain parts of the world,
it is legal to marry a 13 year old in Nigera,

Do you see the problem ?
you don't seem to understand that little things can morph into big things,

soloreal (m)
Dublin-Ireland

Re: What Happens To Unregistered Phone Lines
« #25 on: October 27, 2011, 09:11 AM »
Why is it that most nigerians are lawless? It doesnt take someones life to get your sim registered, why can't we do the right thing for once!!!! , I read most people in the forum bragging that they are not ready to register their sim unless blocked, fools!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Does Mjoy Free Sms Works / MTN Just Gave Me Free 100MB / WIZKID GOT ANOTHER HIT | Camon15 Camera BETTER than IPHONE 11 Pro & INFINIX S5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.