Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,076 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Interswitch Loses ₦30 Billion To Chargeback Fraud, Launches Recovery Process - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Interswitch Loses ₦30 Billion To Chargeback Fraud, Launches Recovery Process (17931 Views)

How To Protect Yourself From Unwanted Chargeback? / Zuckerberg Loses $7 Billion In Hours As Facebook Plunges / Election Result: Nigerian Stock Market Loses N85 Billion In 6 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interswitch Loses ₦30 Billion To Chargeback Fraud, Launches Recovery Process by HEBEI: 7:28pm On Nov 02, 2023
Access bank pos terminal nearly killed my business as a result of charge backs. I even suspected that my account officer was working with those scammers. Because the day I told them to invite the said scammer requesting for a charge back to a meeting with me that wa the day they stopped trying the shit with me

It would happen almost every time. A customer would buy goods, pay with his debit card and leave with the goods. And the same customer would visit his bank to request for a charge back and the idiots handling your account would go ahead to honour their request without confirming from you if the request should be honoured or not. Even when they contact you, you have to provide them with your merchant copy of receipt for the said transaction or else they would debit your account with further thoughts.

Thank God for Moniepoint.
Re: Interswitch Loses ₦30 Billion To Chargeback Fraud, Launches Recovery Process by KingRex1(m): 7:54pm On Nov 02, 2023
So can people see where their monies usually hang when they make payments using POS? But every one is quick to blame their banks.

They debited me blah blah.. The switch debited (YOU) the bank and did not transmit your money!
Your bank will now have to harass the switch on your behalf to return their customer's money, the switch tell the bank 5 work days, the Bank tells the customer 5 work days.

My cousin had to explain this to me, infact gave me a direct link to the verve switch and my money was returned the next day.
Re: Interswitch Loses ₦30 Billion To Chargeback Fraud, Launches Recovery Process by IykeChukz(m): 8:37pm On Nov 02, 2023
Charge back errors are due mainly to programming errors and hence can only be resolved by the programmers themselves

If interswitch wants......I can provide a one time solution to this problem

Mathew
Re: Interswitch Loses ₦30 Billion To Chargeback Fraud, Launches Recovery Process by Candidate004: 1:56am On Nov 03, 2023
U
Re: Interswitch Loses ₦30 Billion To Chargeback Fraud, Launches Recovery Process by ilovewater89(f): 3:06am On Nov 03, 2023
I’m financially down and hungry. No food no money. I don't have anything left, I can't sleep due to extreme hunger.
Yesterday evening l develop malaria and neid money to buy drugs in the morning . I beg you sir pls.
May almighty God bless all with good health and abundance.

Opay 9 0 6 7 3 2 9 7 55
Re: Interswitch Loses ₦30 Billion To Chargeback Fraud, Launches Recovery Process by ilovewater89(f): 3:08am On Nov 03, 2023
cry
Re: Interswitch Loses ₦30 Billion To Chargeback Fraud, Launches Recovery Process by BluntCrazeMan: 4:35am On Nov 03, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://techcabal.com/2023/11/02/interswitch-loses-n30bn-fraud/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
[b]The current incident, however, is directly linked to a few former and current Interswitch employees who likely exploited vulnerabilities in the company’s system..[b]

Reminds me of all INEC Staff across the country..
Both permanent and adhoc staff.
Re: Interswitch Loses ₦30 Billion To Chargeback Fraud, Launches Recovery Process by KORLAR(m): 7:09am On Nov 03, 2023
9jvirgin:
The only way out of the problems we are facing as a continent is to have a man like Peter Obi rule the people with sincerity and integrity. Without Peter Obi, Nigeria cannot rise as a nation.

The Anambra he ruled, what came of it?
Re: Interswitch Loses ₦30 Billion To Chargeback Fraud, Launches Recovery Process by lapazi(m): 7:46am On Nov 03, 2023
soccerlite:

Fallacy of generalisation

There are no bad people elsewhere, why don't they inherently have bad leaders as punishment

You read but you didn’t comprehend
Re: Interswitch Loses ₦30 Billion To Chargeback Fraud, Launches Recovery Process by Lonepair1: 7:30am On Nov 09, 2023
Aitee1:

I'm interested but is it free?
send me a pm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Elumelu’s HH Capital Acquires 25.58% In Transcorp Plc / How To Invest Effectively! / Oriflame Business Opportunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.