Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,134 members, 7,849,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:26 AM

Help The Less Priviledged This Christmas Season - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help The Less Priviledged This Christmas Season (958 Views)

In The Village This Christmas / Memories of 2007 Calabar Christmas Season/ Carnival (In Picures) / Helping The Less Priviledged This Christmas. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help The Less Priviledged This Christmas Season by aiijay: 5:02am On Sep 14, 2007
Hello,

The festive period is around the corner, and would very much love to give hope to the hopeless. This would be a great opportunity for us to volunter our selfless support to the orphanage homes, special children etc. Hoping to recieve responses from you all, aiijay
Re: Help The Less Priviledged This Christmas Season by omerese(m): 5:13am On Sep 14, 2007
is there anyway you can itemise what can be put togther, we can work together on this.
Re: Help The Less Priviledged This Christmas Season by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 14, 2007
tell us how much everything gonna cost, maybe we can send u the money or the items doh
Re: Help The Less Priviledged This Christmas Season by aiijay: 11:20pm On Sep 14, 2007
There is no specific amount or item to send, really is what ever u can afford, items like children's clothes, shoes, blankets, crayons, color books, children story books and non perishable food stuff. It would really be great to put a smile on children's faces and show them that people do care about them.
Re: Help The Less Priviledged This Christmas Season by Seun(m): 11:31pm On Sep 14, 2007
The festive period is around the corner, and would very much love to give hope to the hopeless
Are there any specific 'hopeless' persons you have in mind, or are you just trying to make yourself feel good?
Re: Help The Less Priviledged This Christmas Season by omerese(m): 1:54pm On Sep 15, 2007
i would suggest either the SOS Village or children's ward at the general or teaching Hospital. we can donate the items she already listed. alternatively to give the kids a unique christmas we may take them out to the Zoo, Amusement park or beach, something different from nameless faces zooming in and out and leaving gifts. What do you think?
Re: Help The Less Priviledged This Christmas Season by aiijay: 4:03pm On Sep 15, 2007
well, visting the hospitals would not be a bad idea, but those in the hospitals can actually afford their bills so just the physical presence and small gifts and cards would do for them, but for the children at orphanage homes and disabled children, they really have no one except at the mercy of people who do show that they care for them,
Re: Help The Less Priviledged This Christmas Season by aiijay: 12:40am On Sep 16, 2007
Pic of visited home

Re: Help The Less Priviledged This Christmas Season by aiijay: 12:48am On Sep 16, 2007
another pic at the orphanage home

Re: Help The Less Priviledged This Christmas Season by aiijay: 12:59am On Sep 16, 2007
happy kids at the orphanage during one of the visits at Ota in Ogun State

Re: Help The Less Priviledged This Christmas Season by MP007(m): 8:22am On Sep 16, 2007
thanks,
Re: Help The Less Priviledged This Christmas Season by aiijay: 9:57pm On Sep 17, 2007
Omerese, hope the pics are ok for u. i do have more but uploeading one at a time na small stress but would try and post more pics. i would be visiting the orphanage one or before the the end of the month. would definately visit the heart of gold hospice (for children with physical disabilities) and the red cross motherless babies home. hope to hear from u. i hope i would be able to use this medium to communicate with public for donations and/or physical presence to these home during the festive season. thanks for the responses and views.

(1) (Reply)

Canadian Study Permit / I Need Immegration Contact In Egypt Pls! / @ Hadexman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.