Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,856 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu (14297 Views)

Tinubu Appointed Betrayers As His Ministers, So "Help Him God" - Shehu Sani / 5 Top People Buhari Snubbed To Be Among His Ministers / Iyke Aaron Supervised The Sharing Of Kerosene In Abia State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by peekspot(m): 7:31pm On Nov 02, 2023
A former Minister of Communications, Adebayo Shittu, says ex-President Muhammadu Buhari “rarely supervised” members of his cabinet.

Shittu, who spoke on Channels Television’s Politics Today programme on Wednesday, said the President Bola Tinubu administration should learn from the past government and do better in terms of the coordination and supervision of his ministers.

Tinubu, on Wednesday, while declaring open, a three-day Cabinet Retreat at the State House Conference Centre in Abuja, challenged his 48 ministers to deliver on their responsibilities or get sacked.

Commenting on the President’s warning to his ministers, Shittu lauded Tinubu for putting his cabinet members on pressure to deliver. The ex-minister said the President should not hesitate to sack ineffective members of his cabinet.

Shittu, who was minister from November 2015 to May 2019, said sacking a minister is not a difficult task in as much as a replacement will be provided from the same state as the dismissed official.

Reminiscing about his time as minister during the first term of the Buhari administration, Shittu said, “Buhari did not give anybody any threat as such. As I said, Buhari is not Tinubu and Tinubu is not Buhari.

What I do know of Buhari, with all due respect to him, is that he is a more reserved person. He’s one person who gives you job (with due respect to him) and he rarely ask how you are going about it. It’s unfortunate but I have to say this in national interest so that government coming after him will learn lessons. Once you are there, you are there.

“In Buhari’s government, if you don’t go and meet him, for the next four years, he probably would not ask of you.

“Every Wednesday, people bring their memos and they are debated and all of that but in terms of policy formulation and supervision, we rarely did have such things and I am happy that President Tinubu is trying to do things differently.

“In his statement today, that is a sign that he (Tinubu) wants to do things differently. What I think he needs to add to it is to create transparent, quantifiable milestones for each ministry.”

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/11/02/buhari-rarely-supervised-his-ministers-says-shittu/

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by successmatters(m): 7:31pm On Nov 02, 2023
What did you all expect before? grin

A man who was kicked out of power and for over 30 years he never read one book, never attended one training programme or ever improved himself in any way possible will suddenly turn and become a good president just because they used hate to campaign and forced out a sitting president?

Are you guys serious?

But I will still praise the man, he's better that the one they selected to replace him.

73 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by EyeCumInPiss: 7:39pm On Nov 02, 2023
Same Buhari Thïefnubu knew was a disaster, but still went ahead to package him for Nigerians, just because of his selfish emilokan ambition. 👋

17 Likes

Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by tamdun: 7:48pm On Nov 02, 2023
No wonder them dey misbehave

1 Like

Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by kokoA(m): 7:57pm On Nov 02, 2023
Buhari never even remembered some ministries/ministers existed.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by festacman(m): 8:33pm On Nov 02, 2023
Monitoring and evaluation are important in any ongoing activity. My advocacy is that making targets and KPIs of ministers public will put pressure on those ministers to perform than just making it internal matter.

However, the question is, with key political heavyweights being ministers, would a president who is looking to secure 2nd term have the balls to do anything drastic? The answer is blowing in the wind. grin

But to think about it. Why should educated adults who are selected out of millions of Nigerians to be ministers lack the passion and dedication to perform for their country unless they are supervised? And knowing that these are former CEOs, former governors, professionals, etc

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by slimfit1(m): 8:45pm On Nov 02, 2023
Because he has no sense

3 Likes

Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by harsysky(m): 8:58pm On Nov 02, 2023

When you pray for your enemies to die by fire, remember that 99% of that prayer is because of what your greedy and wicked leaders have subjected you; let God know that they, the politicians, are the enemies and anything you want to befall your enemies, should befall them, too, starting with that aturu aawusa dura.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by kennyz247(m): 8:59pm On Nov 02, 2023
Tinubu is worst than Buhari

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by meum: 8:59pm On Nov 02, 2023
Una Dey mad!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by NuhuAjang71(m): 8:59pm On Nov 02, 2023
That's where he got it wrong. By the way, where was his strength shocked
Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by paxx: 8:59pm On Nov 02, 2023
All the people that supported him are now pretending like they never supported him. I think I hate Nigerians :/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by windofchange: 8:59pm On Nov 02, 2023
Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by Judolisco(m): 8:59pm On Nov 02, 2023
We sabi now.... Buhari dat under his nose his family members were shooting gun up and down at themselves inside Aso rock... Absolutely d worst leader in recent times....to me buhari came to jail dasuki and travel across d globe... Nothing concern am about governance

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by ishowdotgmail(m): 9:00pm On Nov 02, 2023
Buhari won’t like this from Minister

1 Like

Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by Guyman01: 9:00pm On Nov 02, 2023
Buhari had no business becoming president in a complex country like Nigeria. Igbos warned Nigerians but we accused them of been sore losers mourning the electoral loss of GEJ.
Buhari then ensured that they were excluded from his kitchen cabinet as punishment for not having confidence in him.

30 years after leaving office he didn't establish any company, didn't belong to the board of any company, didn't establish any foundation even if its to assist Almajiri, didn't add any new educational qualifications like General Gowon and Atiku.
Didn't have personal money to buy APC ticket.
And many here foolishly voted for him to come and do magic

17 Likes

Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by bluefilm: 9:01pm On Nov 02, 2023
Pesin wey no even get time sef dey supervise another pesin?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by flexyrule(m): 9:02pm On Nov 02, 2023
Okay
Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by Ejyksneh(m): 9:03pm On Nov 02, 2023
God
Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by b3llo(m): 9:04pm On Nov 02, 2023
Hmmm.... Nigeria was on autopilot between 2015 - 2023

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by press9jatv: 9:04pm On Nov 02, 2023
Na now shittu get strength dey talk. Who’s he deceiving?
Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by Alvin212(m): 9:04pm On Nov 02, 2023
Yoruba president must fairl

1 Like

Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by Mrpojj(m): 9:04pm On Nov 02, 2023
Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by themanderon: 9:05pm On Nov 02, 2023
A man that is not aware of anything, what does such a man know that he will be supervising others. He only wanted to become President and he came and ruined everything just like Emilokan is doing presently.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by socialmediaman: 9:05pm On Nov 02, 2023
I think somebody's son is supervising them now grin

He may have been attending FEC meetings to present his report before his father called him out

Una never see anything grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:06pm On Nov 02, 2023
GOD BLESS OUR DARLIN DADDY

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by condralbedez: 9:07pm On Nov 02, 2023
undecided

Tinubu is to continue where Bubu stopped!!! Same partten of administration.
Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by Kobicove(m): 9:13pm On Nov 02, 2023
He did no supervise because he lacked the basic capacity to read and understand simple reports sad
Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by wittywriter: 9:14pm On Nov 02, 2023
kennyz247:
Tinubu is worst than Buhari
socialmediaman:
I think somebody's son is supervising them now grin

He may have been attending FEC meetings to present his report before his father called him out

Una never see anything grin
MANNABBQGR1LLS:
GOD BLESS OUR DARLIN DADDY
condralbedez:
undecided

Tinubu is to continue where Bubu stopped!!! Same partten of administration.

Wittyness.
Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by aQUINandmore: 9:15pm On Nov 02, 2023
Buhari and wahala
If you are a man and need a permanet solution to your your sexual deficiencies within one week, reach me on the number on my signature
Re: Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu by JimohMomoh: 9:16pm On Nov 02, 2023
This is same Buhari the vulturegriller was saying will fix Nigeria.

Buhari used Nigeria's crude to borrow money in advance, meaning we will not receive money from sales of crude till next year.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Treating Our Members As Criminals –PDP / Little WARRI Girl Success Adegor Invited By The US And UK. / PDP Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Alleged Attempt To Impose Minority Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.