Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,476 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Should I Continue Or Should I Quit - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Should I Continue Or Should I Quit (347 Views)

How A Man Quit Forex Trading, Now Making Real Cash With It (FOLLOWING GUIDE) / Read Before You Quit Forex Trading / I Want To Quit Teaching Job For Farming. Please I Need Your Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Continue Or Should I Quit by Centpico: 11:54am On Nov 03, 2023
As at 2019,i had worked for 7 years without any evidence,woke up by 5am everyday to prepare for workby 7 till around 6pm when we closed and even had to work on some saturdays. Hoped on buses every single day to and from work. Everyday was painful, annoying even and always felt like there was no way out even when i was begging for one.

I thought of quitting but quickly shoved it off my mind when i realised how saturated the job market was. I also thought of switching to another field but that would require money and time and i didn't have any. I prayed for a way out every single day, to just be out of the misery i was facing at that time.

Fastfoward to 2020, things got worse with the pandemic, fortunately i was not laid off but we weren't paid since we weren't working, it was around that time i stumbled upon trading, a colleague had told me about it before but i didn't take it seriously until i realisee i had to earn in another way from a regular job. 

I paid a mentor about 50k to teach me everythingabout it, i had to plead for him to accept that since i didn't have much at that time and i also wasn't expecting any salary. After about a month of intensive training i started trading fully.

It wasn't easy for the first month, had some losses but after that i started getting my wins. Got about 4million in my first 8 months, and continued from there.

For about 3 years i have been able to make about 30 million and yes i lost many prop firm accounts and trades too especially for the unprofitable months but overall it has been rewarding.

My problem now is the amount of time i put in nowadays,  it's not been fun at all. Yes the reward is good, the work put in has really been hectic. In fact its almost harder than my former job. Most people think because i work from home , i don't stress very much which is a very big myth. There are some days i feel like calling it quit and doing something else thats as rewarding but not as tasking as trading. It's not as easy as most people picture it will be. Awake for almost the whole day backtesting, fowardtesting, teachind and also mentoring.

Please if you have something else that's as rewarding but not as tasking would love to know about it. Thanks
Re: Should I Continue Or Should I Quit by garriAndsugar: 11:59am On Nov 03, 2023
sporty bet
Re: Should I Continue Or Should I Quit by hustler2828: 12:15pm On Nov 03, 2023
Have you considered automating most of your daily trading routines? Or have you considered creating a team and splitting tasks among yourselves? Or even having workers that will be on monthly or weekly pay?

Your complaints are not about you not making money from your business. Rather it is about the stress and time toll on you. There are lots of options to explore to solve your current challenge.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue Or Should I Quit by cyanohydrin: 4:14pm On Nov 03, 2023
Have you considered automating most of your daily trading routines?

Don't waste your advice, he is a scammer. He even included his phone in his profile hoping a potential victim will call him
Re: Should I Continue Or Should I Quit by Centpico: 7:18pm On Nov 03, 2023
hustler2828:
Have you considered automating most of your daily trading routines? Or have you considered creating a team and splitting tasks among yourselves? Or even having workers that will be on monthly or weekly pay?

Your complaints are not about you not making money from your business. Rather it is about the stress and time toll on you. There are lots of options to explore to solve your current challenge.

I have actually but its actually not same as trading by yourself, people can hardly see the market like you do especially when they don't have as much experience
Re: Should I Continue Or Should I Quit by kristian98(m): 8:51am On Nov 04, 2023
You have something profitable that has made you over 30million and now you’re looking for something else to do?
Weird
Re: Should I Continue Or Should I Quit by Centpico: 8:54am On Nov 04, 2023
kristian98:
You have something profitable that has made you over 30million and now you’re looking for something else to do?
Weird

That's total of everything i have made, there's a place for reinvesmemts and losses too. You should know this though

(1) (Reply)

About US / Spendings For Christmas & New Year / Save More This Black Friday From Jumia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.