Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,555 members, 7,823,440 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

I Just Lost 400k - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Just Lost 400k (42669 Views)

I Just Lost 400k Revisited / Please Help I Just Lost My First Bank And Zenith Bank ATM Card / Business I Can Start With 400k In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Lost 400k by Swiftgrp: 3:52pm On Nov 04, 2023
twosquare:
@Athena6 If you are real! You are like this person on the thread below. Keep your moniker active and we will come back to this

https://www.nairaland.com/7426846/crypto-not-just-me-massive

It is meant to shake off weak hands...

Wait till March next year when there will likely be a bull run in the financial markets, and you will see the demand for dollars out of FOMO.

If the person in the thread above had waited instead of crying like you now...he will be in massive profits if he sold around 1300...the next level is 1500 after this correction
From that NL web link of 2022... The economic variables and fundamentals of November 2022 and above from November 2023 are different.

Majorly those refineries are about to commence near-capacity fuel production from Dangote at the end of November 2023 and the other in refinery in PH from the first quarter of 2024. This would lower the demand for fuel imports while boosting USD reserves to the tune of $10 billion per annum. The CBN would also readily get FX from the refineries' fuel export operations.

Whatever "next level" that may occur on those P2P price charts would be one fueled by greed and fear. In any event, a lot of folks who are not experienced in legit arbitraging will lose their hard-earned money in USD due to poorly thought out speculations.

You have to know when to EXIT any asset by gathering functional knowledge through self-research and/or paid research.
Re: I Just Lost 400k by PoliteActivist: 3:52pm On Nov 04, 2023
oliverwrites:
We import fuel using dollars. With Dangote refinery the import and need for dollar reduces or stops ( at least on the fuel front ). The small doubt I have is as a result of saboteurs.

Dangote refinery is a private, profit-maximizing business. Why must they sell you fuel in Naira?
Re: I Just Lost 400k by litaninja(m): 3:54pm On Nov 04, 2023
Buying and holding dollars is not an "investment" sir.

Athena6:
Last week I created a thread talking about how my japa plans have been crushed due to the increase in dollar.

Many adviced me to invest in dollar, this was the advice they gave me months ago but I did follow through because I wasn't sure.
My last thread hit front page and 90% of the comments were advising me to invest in dollars, one even quoted that in the past 10 years, the dollar haven't fallen but it increases every year.

One even called me a weak minded person and I am scared to take risks.
After everything I thought to myself, since so many people felt this dollar will keep on rising, maybe I should invest afterall life is all about risks.

Well guess what, dollar have decreased, I invested 3M in buying dollars and now in today exchange rate. I have 2.6M now and I either cash out now or hope it will increase.

Right now, I am very angry.
Those giving me advice should come and contribute the 400k for me o

Another thing, do you think the dollar will increase or should I just cut my loses.
I am so tired ๐Ÿ˜ซ

1 Like

Re: I Just Lost 400k by seunjungle1(m): 4:06pm On Nov 04, 2023
Enemies of our dear nation...God will expose and shame all of una.
Dollar getting increase is a pain to many million Nigerians and hardship on us. But many of you guys think na so e go dey go.
Your prayer s failed already and una go loose the more IshaAllah + in Jesus name...Amen n Amin!

1 Like

Re: I Just Lost 400k by swiz123(m): 4:06pm On Nov 04, 2023
Athena6:

Thanks for the advice, I guess I will just cut my loses.
It is very painful losing 400k in just a few days ๐Ÿ˜ข

Don't take that Lunatics advice. When has our useless naira gained against the dollar for long. FG cleared FX backlog owed to banks and that's the reason for the fall.

Hold on to your asset, you will ๐Ÿ’ฏ recover and gain.
Re: I Just Lost 400k by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 04, 2023
folake4u:

E come be like say people like us wey nor buy dollar never serious with our life. cheesy
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Just Lost 400k by kellybently(m): 4:18pm On Nov 04, 2023
Dshocker:

Believe me, the dollar will shoot above N1,500 before December.

The reason why the dollar is dropping, is because the CBN is buying higher and selling lower on Binanace, thereby forcing other competitors to sell at their rate.

So obviously, the CBN is spending billions everyday to artificially lower the value of dollar, and the major question is "For How Long"?

CBN told you this or how did you get the information.

1 Like

Re: I Just Lost 400k by oliverwrites: 4:21pm On Nov 04, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Dangote refinery is a private, profit-maximizing business. Why must they sell you fuel in Naira?
The agreement they had with federal government says so. You are just looking for excuses for things not to work.
Re: I Just Lost 400k by koyeni(m): 4:25pm On Nov 04, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

Or she created this thread to look for gullible people who'll ask for her account number to help her out...
Possibly ooo.
Re: I Just Lost 400k by GeneralDae: 4:36pm On Nov 04, 2023
oliverwrites:
The agreement they had with federal government says so. You are just looking for excuses for things not to work.
They have made it clear they won't sell in naira. I also don't believe Nigeria would supply crude in naira.
Either way, Dangote refinery is still a plus for Nigeria.
Re: I Just Lost 400k by PoliteActivist: 4:40pm On Nov 04, 2023
oliverwrites:

Which agreement? grin Funny guy. See below

Re: I Just Lost 400k by oliverwrites: 4:42pm On Nov 04, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Which agreement? grin Funny guy. See below
You are just one of those retards who are desperate for Nigeria to fail for their own agenda. Where in the images you sent showed dangote will sell in dollars? You are just making a fool of yourself.
Re: I Just Lost 400k by PoliteActivist: 4:47pm On Nov 04, 2023
oliverwrites:
You are just one of those retards who are desperate for Nigeria to fail for their own agenda. Where in the images you sent showed dangote will sell in dollars? You are just making a fool of yourself.

You are the one desperate. I only state reality. Someone didn't have agreement to hire Nigerians but had agreement to sell in Naira - currency that FG can print as they wish. Receive sense
Re: I Just Lost 400k by twosquare(m): 4:52pm On Nov 04, 2023
I can't argue with you. I have only told you what's going to happen...
Swiftgrp:

From that NL web link of 2022... The economic variables and fundamentals of November 2022 and above from November 2023 are different.

Majorly those refineries are about to commence near-capacity fuel production from Dangote at the end of November 2023 and the other in refinery in PH from the first quarter of 2024. This would lower the demand for fuel imports while boosting USD reserves to the tune of $10 billion per annum. The CBN would also readily get FX from the refineries' fuel export operations.

Whatever "next level" that may occur on those P2P price charts would be one fueled by greed and fear. In any event, a lot of folks who are not experienced in legit arbitraging will lose their hard-earned money in USD due to poorly thought out speculations.

You have to know when to EXIT any asset by gathering functional knowledge through self-research and/or paid research.

Re: I Just Lost 400k by pipnator00(m): 4:52pm On Nov 04, 2023
Trojan8:

Oil swaps are normal thing. You think oil are prices are determined on a day to day basis. You sign long term contracts to deliver oil at a certain price and quantity which is basically what future swaps are. In as much as I don't like Buhari, doesn't mean he is the first or would be the last to sign future swaps. That's how the oil market works.

I didn't write it was a bad deal, rather I wrote that Nigeria owes over $3billion from the swap which in turn will affect fx generation.
Next time when you read, understand too!
Re: I Just Lost 400k by BluntCrazeMan: 4:55pm On Nov 04, 2023
Athena6:
Last week I created a thread talking about how my japa plans have been crushed due to the increase in dollar.

Many adviced me to invest in dollar, this was the advice they gave me months ago but I did follow through because I wasn't sure.
My last thread hit front page and 90% of the comments were advising me to invest in dollars, one even quoted that in the past 10 years, the dollar haven't fallen but it increases every year.

After everything I thought to myself, since so many people felt this dollar will keep on rising, maybe I should invest afterall life is all about risks.

Well guess what, dollar have decreased, I invested 3M in buying dollars and now in today exchange rate. I have 2.6M now and I either cash out now or hope it will increase.

Another thing, do you think the dollar will increase or should I just cut my loses.
I am so tired ๐Ÿ˜ซ

You're still too weak to be complaining too quick..

Dollar will still reach โ‚ฆ2,000..

Infact,, it will still climb to โ‚ฆ1,500 before this coming 31st December 2023.
Re: I Just Lost 400k by GeneralDae: 4:57pm On Nov 04, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

You're still too weak to be complaining too quick..

Dollar will still reach โ‚ฆ2,000..

Infact,, it will still climb to โ‚ฆ1,500 before this coming 31st December 2023.
I doubt. Make una dey follow news. You go lose money oo ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: I Just Lost 400k by BluntCrazeMan: 5:02pm On Nov 04, 2023
GeneralDae:

I doubt. Make una dey follow news. You go lose money oo ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜‚
This is not about news.
Naira had been going up and down.
The recent gain is because the FG released more dollars to the banks.
It had still not met the demands for dollar in the FX market.
So, the price will still rise again
Re: I Just Lost 400k by Sheffieldconsul: 5:02pm On Nov 04, 2023
This is an inpermanent lost. I bought 6k USDT this evening. Next stop is #2k per $. Ebola Ahmed is sending the country to the Abyss!
Athena6:

I am so tired ๐Ÿ˜ซ
Re: I Just Lost 400k by Wujio: 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2023
Sheffieldconsul:

This is an inpermanent lost. I bought 6k USDT this evening. Next stop is #2k per $. Ebola Ahmed is sending the country to the Abyss!

You want to cry. You think exchange rate is determined by ethic slurs. You will bite your finger in hot tears
Re: I Just Lost 400k by oliverwrites: 5:05pm On Nov 04, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You are the one desperate. I only state reality. Someone didn't have agreement to hire Nigerians but had agreement to sell in Naira - currency that FG can print as they wish. Receive sense
Me desperate? Whether they sell in naira or dollar I gain regardless. I earn my cool dollars unlike you rely on polithievians to pay you stipends.

Re: I Just Lost 400k by PoliteActivist: 5:12pm On Nov 04, 2023
oliverwrites:
Me desperate? Whether they sell in naira or dollar I gain regardless. I earn my cool dollars unlike you rely on polithievians to pay you stipends.

Wow, same Emefiele that as we speak is locked up, or another one?
And how do you reconcile all this with this below in terms of long term prognosis

Re: I Just Lost 400k by GeneralDae: 5:16pm On Nov 04, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
This is not about news.
Naira had been going up and down.
The recent gain is because the FG released more dollars to the banks.
It had still not met the demands for dollar in the FX market.
So, the price will still rise again
And you don't think they would be able to meet the demands before december even with all the dollars they have lined up to receive?
Re: I Just Lost 400k by TheOgaBoss: 5:18pm On Nov 04, 2023
Dshocker:

Believe me, the dollar will shoot above N1,500 before December.

The reason why the dollar is dropping, is because the CBN is buying higher and selling lower on Binanace, thereby forcing other competitors to sell at their rate.

So obviously, the CBN is spending billions everyday to artificially lower the value of dollar, and the major question is "For How Long"?
cbn buy from binance? doubt it.
Re: I Just Lost 400k by alimiadedayo1: 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2023
kellybently:

yes.

pls sir send me your number i want to learn about btc trading
Re: I Just Lost 400k by BluntCrazeMan: 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2023
GeneralDae:

And you don't think they would be able to meet the demands before december even with all the dollars they have lined up to receive?

Now we are both saying thing..

I don't think they would meet up.
They never met since 1985.
It's not now that they would suddenly meet up.
Re: I Just Lost 400k by oliverwrites: 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Wow, same Emefiele that as we speak is locked up, or another one?
And how do you reconcile all this with this below in terms of long term prognosis
Open another thread on inflation and tag me and I will response. What we are talking about here is how dangote refinery will impact the naira. Dumb ass.
Re: I Just Lost 400k by Trojan8(m): 5:24pm On Nov 04, 2023
pipnator00:

I didn't write it was a bad deal, rather I wrote that Nigeria owes over $3billion from the swap which in turn will affect fx generation.
Next time when you read, understand too!

What are you saying? Same way Buhari made some, Tinubu has also made some. It's an almost perpetual cycle, so in reality there's no income lost to the present administration.

There's nothing to read and understand in what you said. Learn and stop trying to be stubborn, you won't die if you admit that you didn't know.
Re: I Just Lost 400k by GeneralDae: 5:24pm On Nov 04, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

Now we are both saying thing..

I don't think they would meet up.
They never met since 1985.
It's not now that they would suddenly meet up.
They are expecting:

7Bn dollars from NLNG securitisation
3 Bn dollars loan from Qatar
3 Bn dollars from Afrexim Bank
150 million dollars from Abacha
3.5 Billion dollars from World Bank to Health sector.

You still think the CBN would not be loaded enough by December to control things?

2 Likes

Re: I Just Lost 400k by falcon01: 5:26pm On Nov 04, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

We are going to 500... you will collapse laslas
Ok
Re: I Just Lost 400k by BigDawsNet: 5:27pm On Nov 04, 2023
Athena6:

I am so tired ๐Ÿ˜ซ

The Naira will appreciate for now... they have taken many solutions into places... go and cash out that 2.6M now before it further crash...
Re: I Just Lost 400k by kellybently(m): 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2023
alimiadedayo1:
pls sir send me your number i want to learn about btc trading

not difficult all it need is patience. is a long time investment also..

vibrantchild01@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

The Ultimate Guide To Selling Your Imported Goods On Konga Marketplace / How True Is This In Nigeria? / Drone Footage Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire In Abuja (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.