Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,486 members, 7,823,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

I Just Lost 400k - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Just Lost 400k (42662 Views)

I Just Lost 400k Revisited / Please Help I Just Lost My First Bank And Zenith Bank ATM Card / Business I Can Start With 400k In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Lost 400k by AJSfan: 1:00pm On Nov 04, 2023
Athena6:

Do you think it will even get to 1100 because I don't want to lose anymore money.

I am just feeling like a failure 😞

Sorry about that dear. Stop taking advice from Nairalander cos many of them can't think outside their political sentiments. In truth they won't do what they are advising you to do

1 Like

Re: I Just Lost 400k by folake4u(f): 1:01pm On Nov 04, 2023
doggedfighter:

You see am grin grin grin

Poco says go buy dip grin

Make dollar come down, make I buy one carton of Caprisun. Na my prayer be that.
Re: I Just Lost 400k by ppogba: 1:03pm On Nov 04, 2023
Deogratiasfx:

Pls give me more education. I am not tired of learning

The only education I can give you is that believing all that the guy said hook, line and sinker as the reason for the appreciation in the value of the Naira is total balderdash.

A bit of knowledge will tell anyone that the CBN effort at clearing the backlog of FX due DMBs in the last few days was a significant reason AND NOT, I insist the maintenance of the interest rate by the Federal Reserve bank in the USA.

You can follow other arguments on this thread especially submissions about the likely effects of the DANG refinery and the securitization of the NLNG funds.

Shalom.
Re: I Just Lost 400k by alimiadedayo1: 1:07pm On Nov 04, 2023
kellybently:

calm down it 'll raise again.
it matter of time. it 'll increase again.
if you good in trading follow up with BTC and take advantage of the bullrun around the Conner to recover
are you a btc trader
Re: I Just Lost 400k by damoobaba: 1:10pm On Nov 04, 2023
Athena6:
Last week I created a thread talking about how my japa plans have been crushed due to the increase in dollar.

Many adviced me to invest in dollar, this was the advice they gave me months ago but I did follow through because I wasn't sure.
My last thread hit front page and 90% of the comments were advising me to invest in dollars, one even quoted that in the past 10 years, the dollar haven't fallen but it increases every year.

One even called me a weak minded person and I am scared to take risks.
After everything I thought to myself, since so many people felt this dollar will keep on rising, maybe I should invest afterall life is all about risks.

Well guess what, dollar have decreased, I invested 3M in buying dollars and now in today exchange rate. I have 2.6M now and I either cash out now or hope it will increase.

Right now, I am very angry.
Those giving me advice should come and contribute the 400k for me o

Another thing, do you think the dollar will increase or should I just cut my loses.
I am so tired 😫

Dollar will still crash.
Re: I Just Lost 400k by bemeruca: 1:13pm On Nov 04, 2023
ppogba:

Sir, with all due respect there is a difference between speculation and risk taking.
Investing in any venture is taking a risk. Not even investing is taking a risk. Speculation is different sir.

There is always risk in investment because you don't have a time machine. You speculate based on the past situations or news of the future... But knowing the past and news about the future is not equal risk free investment.

We are talking about a volatile market here. The risk is high.
Re: I Just Lost 400k by Obagreatdatoye(m): 1:15pm On Nov 04, 2023
oliverwrites:
I am only guessing. I am a digital marketer and earn in dollars. Just got a payment in and I am not converting it till maybe Wednesday. I think it will settle at 750 eventually but that will be dependent on dangote refinery.
I can bet you with my life, dangote or no dangote...price will crash to #500 on or before march, 2024.
Re: I Just Lost 400k by ppogba: 1:16pm On Nov 04, 2023
doggedfighter:

Una don start another one.

She's yet to recover from the one you guys pushed her into.

11 trillion !

You are very funny.
Shey, dem take ankara cloth tie her eyes ni when she wan speculate and take.risk.

How well are you even sure the whole story is no audio?

No be today for Nairaland.
Re: I Just Lost 400k by Bsmarttt: 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2023
Dollar rise is artificial, it may rise in the future but for now it will crash ,
Re: I Just Lost 400k by adewale2011(m): 1:26pm On Nov 04, 2023
Buy the Dip, Thank me later...

Athena6:
Last week I created a thread talking about how my japa plans have been crushed due to the increase in dollar.

Many adviced me to invest in dollar, this was the advice they gave me months ago but I did follow through because I wasn't sure.
My last thread hit front page and 90% of the comments were advising me to invest in dollars, one even quoted that in the past 10 years, the dollar haven't fallen but it increases every year.

After everything I thought to myself, since so many people felt this dollar will keep on rising, maybe I should invest afterall life is all about risks.

Well guess what, dollar have decreased, I invested 3M in buying dollars and now in today exchange rate. I have 2.6M now and I either cash out now or hope it will increase.

Another thing, do you think the dollar will increase or should I just cut my loses.
I am so tired 😫
Re: I Just Lost 400k by Trojan8(m): 1:29pm On Nov 04, 2023
pipnator00:

Also, you must have heard about the Buhari Oil Futures swap deal with major oil companies around the world. At the moment Nigeria owes over 3billion dollars in oil to that deal.

Oil swaps are normal thing. You think oil are prices are determined on a day to day basis. You sign long term contracts to deliver oil at a certain price and quantity which is basically what future swaps are. In as much as I don't like Buhari, doesn't mean he is the first or would be the last to sign future swaps. That's how the oil market works.

1 Like

Re: I Just Lost 400k by oliverwrites: 1:35pm On Nov 04, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You keep harping on Dangote refinery. Can you please give an explanation
We import fuel using dollars. With Dangote refinery the import and need for dollar reduces or stops ( at least on the fuel front ). The small doubt I have is as a result of saboteurs.
Re: I Just Lost 400k by Amakamoney: 1:37pm On Nov 04, 2023
https://www.yunusloopdefi.com/?upper=1720688481736351745
Invest your usdt here now. To recover what you have lost. Chat me up to learn more
Make your research or Chat me up to earn now
Re: I Just Lost 400k by sonofthunder: 1:38pm On Nov 04, 2023
Athena6:

I am so tired 😫

I don't remember telling you to buy dollar 💵 but if you are serious about traveling out, leave your money in USD to be used for proof of funds or school fees when you ready.

That way you get more serious and travel to go and meet your money. My 2 kobo
Re: I Just Lost 400k by ogawisdom(m): 1:39pm On Nov 04, 2023
Athena6:

I am so tired 😫

Withdraw your money now

The real crashing is starting on Mon to Fri.

Cut your loses you are naive in forex and was not following the news of CBN paying out billions of USD to people they owed & millions of USD of Abacha loot returned.
The biggest one will be Dangote refinery coming soon hopefully in December.

USD will be less than 700 by Friday. Wait more and have more losses.

I was lucky sha bought at 900 sold at 1175. I could have even sell at 1240 but you can't master the market completely.

Made over 1.2m

If Dangote refinery fails USD will rise again by next month.

1 Like

Re: I Just Lost 400k by GeneralDae: 1:40pm On Nov 04, 2023
Obagreatdatoye:

I can bet you with my life, dangote or no dangote...price will crash to #500 on or before march, 2024.
Definitely, price would crash. Some people nor dey read news.

CBN is expecting 7Bn dollars from NLNG securitization, 3Bn dollars from Qatar, another 3Bn dollars from Afrexim Bank, and 3.5Bn dollars inflow to the Health sector from the World Bank, now 150 million dollars from Abacha.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Lost 400k by Ceasarceasar: 1:40pm On Nov 04, 2023
Hassanmaye:

I Lost 200k Yesterday

Wow..sorry for the loss

1 Like

Re: I Just Lost 400k by sonofthunder: 1:41pm On Nov 04, 2023
Wujio:

Stop giving unreasonable advice. Do you know people loose as much a $1 Billion from these kind of things ?

Does he have anything too lose. Just chasing clout so who ever listens to him na them sabi
Re: I Just Lost 400k by Babanah: 1:42pm On Nov 04, 2023
To all my friends trying to hedge their funds with FX know that the foreign exchange market is very volatile. Even for Financial Institutions, we hedge our FX positions using FX swaps in the short term as we cannot predict long term currency movements.
Twice in my career GBP:USD rate had been 2:1, meaning one Pound would fetch you two Dollars. Today the rate is about 1.2 to the Dollar.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Lost 400k by Squirrel1(m): 1:46pm On Nov 04, 2023
Wujio:

A woman at your stage seeks financial independence. This path is marked with losses and heart breaks. Your scars are proof of your pursuit. As you become more confidence in your approach and learn to master your emotions over value, you will make better moves.

Example, Rule Two, never invest more than 25% of your income as a novice investor.

Rule one : Never lose money, try as much as possible to looose only minimmal.money. Thus mentality guides you to prudence and tames greed replacing greed with risk assesstment. I have stopped losing money for almost three years straight. I hardly lose money unless third parties impact in ways beyond my control. When you stop losing money. You then enter the next stage of money that is management. If you stabilize your money with little loses and consistent profit however little, you can begin to begin to get ahead in the money game

Rule Three : Seek more and more information. Note profit in money making is not dependent on revenge, greed or lust.

If you try any business too soon, it will be out of revenge. Keep your money and be calm. Other profitable opportunities will come.
Op should read the richest man in Babylon.

1 Like

Re: I Just Lost 400k by Rochasstatue(f): 1:47pm On Nov 04, 2023
Sell now and cut your loses.
The backlog of FX has been cleared by the CBN.
That alone was a red flag.
FG raised $10b and are using it to stabilise the ₦..
$150m Abacha stash is being remitted by France..
If you fail to cash out now, you are stuck in sorrow.

1 Like

Re: I Just Lost 400k by Squirrel1(m): 1:47pm On Nov 04, 2023
" Don't take financial and economical advice from the priest " - the richest man in Babylon

2 Likes

Re: I Just Lost 400k by olamilarks(m): 1:48pm On Nov 04, 2023
Nigerians don't love their nation one bit.

1 Like

Re: I Just Lost 400k by reddingtonblack: 1:49pm On Nov 04, 2023
sukkot:
I AM THE ONE WHO TOLD YOU THE DOLLAR WOULD CRASH AND YOU SHOULD PUT YOUR NAIRA IN A FIXED DEPOSIT ACCOUNT

IF you know the rates for Fixed deposit in any bank you won't advice her to go Fix her naira

Infact the most unprofitable decision is keep naira dormant, i bought some shares with a bank way back, i decided to even check the worth recently i almost cried,
Put 3million in Fixed deposit for a year you won't even get up to 150k as ROI.

The best decision is to invest your Naira into any viable business you have profound knowledge about. storing Naira is a shitty move
Re: I Just Lost 400k by jimmyvic(m): 1:52pm On Nov 04, 2023
You took advise from Nairalanders' back benchers without a proper DYOR.

Cry well oo
Re: I Just Lost 400k by SunMusk(m): 1:54pm On Nov 04, 2023
What is stupid saboteurs, everyone speculate on currency all over the world. Just that the dollar is over bought. And as Nigeria our wish is, it should appreciate against the dollar. But don't blame those who do business. The thing is supply and demand. Let our government increase demand and see dollars falls. If can boast half a trillion dollars in our reserve dollar will crush to very very low. Is just about good economy. So nobody is a saboteur.
Elliotwaveforec:
Close the position, you lazy speculator!

If you want to trade Forex, speculate with Eurusd, gbpusd, uscad, uschf; not with your local currency.

Stuuupid saboteurs must lose money.
Re: I Just Lost 400k by ogbonti: 1:57pm On Nov 04, 2023
Athena6:

I am so tired 😫

have you not seen the candlesticks in stock market --- sometimes it goes up and sometimes it goes down
guy never bet against the dollar ---- never ever bet in support of the naira against the dollar
baba- keep your dollars oooo - the FUNDAMENTALS of the US economy is way way stronger than the NIGERIAN economy

there will be a rebound - with all this profligate spending - corruption - poverty and insecurity- you honestly think this initial gra gra
of the naira is sustainable ? now if the government IS NOT corrupt and engaging in borrowing to waste on luxury - then you should
be afraid - BUT since their behavior have not changed, guy keep your dollars oooooo grin

1 Like

Re: I Just Lost 400k by phemmyfour: 2:02pm On Nov 04, 2023
Athena6:

I am so tired 😫
You don't know anything.....relax, It is coming up again. It falls in arithmetic progression while it rises in geometric progression
Re: I Just Lost 400k by leokid866: 2:04pm On Nov 04, 2023
phemmyfour:
You don't know anything.....relax, It is coming up again. It falls in arithmetic progression while it rises in geometric progression
lol continue deceiving oga, be like say you never hear say 150M$ from abacha is on the way.......
Re: I Just Lost 400k by ogbonti: 2:06pm On Nov 04, 2023
ogawisdom:

Withdraw your money now

The real crashing is starting on Mon to Fri.

Cut your loses you are naive in forex and was not following the news of CBN paying out billions of USD to people they owed & millions of USD of Abacha loot returned.
The biggest one will be Dangote refinery coming soon hopefully in December.

USD will be less than 700 by Friday. Wait more and have more losses.

I was lucky sha bought at 900 sold at 1175. I could have even sell at 1240 but you can't master the market completely.

Made over 1.2m

If Dangote refinery fails USD will rise again by next month.

Baba- Dangote refinery is not SUFFICIENT to spike the naira against the dollar

AS LONG as your Senators prefer to drive foreign luxury cars, AS LONG as HAJJ and ISREAL pilgrimage is there, AS LONG as Nigerians
prefer foreign universities to Nigerian Universities, AS LONG as Nigerians want to jappa, AS LONG as Nigerian elites prefer luxury foreign goods items for consumption, AS LONG as Nigerian politicians keep borrowing to spend on frivolities ---- AS LONG as Nigerian politicians love keep their loot in foreign currency for easy laundering overseas - AS LONG as Nigerians will rather vacation in Dubai than go to Obudu - SO LONG will the dollar rise against the naira!
--- it' is simple economics - DEMAND and SUPPLY --

Simple Question: Do we earn enough dollars [SUPPLY] to FUND our needs or wants [DEMAND] ? ----- >>>> then simple answer is NO!

If you want to know how useless the naira is - take a flight to Amsterdam or any European airport - Naira is not accepted there to buy anything in the airport - ZAR South African Rand is accepted there - EPD Egyptian Pound is accepted there - BUT Naira is not... WHY?

No be swear I swear for Nigeria - I no hate Nigeria - na the bitter truth I dey tell you so!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Lost 400k by smasher1(m): 2:06pm On Nov 04, 2023
Athena6:

I am so tired 😫

If you come online and listen to advise online, you take full responsibility for your decision. I have nothing to say on this matter.
Re: I Just Lost 400k by Luckysbab: 2:09pm On Nov 04, 2023
Wujio:

Na who you be ? I send you ?

I'm backing your point. Calm your titties

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

The Ultimate Guide To Selling Your Imported Goods On Konga Marketplace / How True Is This In Nigeria? / Drone Footage Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire In Abuja (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.