Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

I Just Lost 400k - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Just Lost 400k (42588 Views)

I Just Lost 400k Revisited / Please Help I Just Lost My First Bank And Zenith Bank ATM Card / Business I Can Start With 400k In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Lost 400k by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:42am On Nov 04, 2023
Remove ur money now!

But dollar will soon shoot above #1500 sha, emilokan is capable!
cool
Re: I Just Lost 400k by toluxe0075: 9:42am On Nov 04, 2023
Freelancerr:
Omo! Naso una carry advice give op. She self jump enter fire.

Sometimes I no no if una de pray make con3 better or make e spoil, how una go de pray make dollar enter 1500 or 2k una no wish the con3 well?

OP count your losses and move on.
Secondly don't invest all your money in one particular business.
Economics and the financial world doesn’t play emotional. What is set in motion determines what you gain or lose. It’s left for you to know when to act and when not to.

So You either make profit from the situations while you can or you watch others make profit.
Re: I Just Lost 400k by Angelfrost(m): 9:43am On Nov 04, 2023
People like you have no patience...! So, you shouldn't even be investing at all.

Is it today Dollar started temporarily depreciating against the Naira?!!

Just wait for a few weeks to a month... They can't artificially prop the Naira forever.

If Nigeria remains an import-based economy, the fall of the Naira will never stop.

1 Like

Re: I Just Lost 400k by Centpico: 9:43am On Nov 04, 2023
Wujio:
Smh. I recall stating clearly on the orevious threwd not to biy dollar at all at the current rate that it was too late. Do people ever listen at all?

What advice is that. Did i not clearly say dollar to naira value is in uncertain levels and not to attemot buying it. Many of us kept shouting dont buy dollars anymore una no dey here.

Keep your money in your bank account and thats your best investment for now

I remember giving this advice too but yh people don't listen, they'll rather be driven by greed and lust

1 Like

Re: I Just Lost 400k by sukkot: 9:43am On Nov 04, 2023
Athena6:
Last week I created a thread talking about how my japa plans have been crushed due to the increase in dollar.

Many adviced me to invest in dollar, this was the advice they gave me months ago but I did follow through because I wasn't sure.
My last thread hit front page and 90% of the comments were advising me to invest in dollars, one even quoted that in the past 10 years, the dollar haven't fallen but it increases every year.

One even called me a weak minded person and I am scared to take risks.
After everything I thought to myself, since so many people felt this dollar will keep on rising, maybe I should invest afterall life is all about risks.

Well guess what, dollar have decreased, I invested 3M in buying dollars and now in today exchange rate. I have 2.6M now and I either cash out now or hope it will increase.

Right now, I am very angry.
Those giving me advice should come and contribute the 400k for me o

Another thing, do you think the dollar will increase or should I just cut my loses.
I am so tired 😫
I AM THE ONE WHO TOLD YOU THE DOLLAR WOULD CRASH AND YOU SHOULD PUT YOUR NAIRA IN A FIXED DEPOSIT ACCOUNT

1 Like

Re: I Just Lost 400k by Willie2015: 9:43am On Nov 04, 2023
NothingDoMe:
πŸ’―.

And I buy when it's low for investment. Last I bought dollar was N761. So falling to N800 won't shake me.

Even if it does fall below N700 the investment would serve as a buffer.

She's just speculating without experience.
if it falls to N375, thats 50 percent of your fund.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Lost 400k by EhiDPsalmist: 9:44am On Nov 04, 2023
It will increase again. But uncertain
Re: I Just Lost 400k by jackmrandy: 9:44am On Nov 04, 2023
Athena6:
Last week I created a thread talking about how my japa plans have been crushed due to the increase in dollar.

Many adviced me to invest in dollar, this was the advice they gave me months ago but I did follow through because I wasn't sure.
My last thread hit front page and 90% of the comments were advising me to invest in dollars, one even quoted that in the past 10 years, the dollar haven't fallen but it increases every year.

After everything I thought to myself, since so many people felt this dollar will keep on rising, maybe I should invest afterall life is all about risks.

Well guess what, dollar have decreased, I invested 3M in buying dollars and now in today exchange rate. I have 2.6M now and I either cash out now or hope it will increase.

Another thing, do you think the dollar will increase or should I just cut my loses.
I am so tired 😫

The increase in dollar which you want, will cause more untold hardship to Nigerians and many companies. I quit understand you are running at loss already. But understand something buying another currency with the hope its going to increase in the future is not an investment. Those who advised you, advised you wrongly. there are other investment you could have done . FIXED ASSETS like land is what you should have invested your money into. Buying dollar to keep is like buying cryptocurrency like bitcoin and others. YOU either withdraw your money now and let go of the loss, or if you can take more risk, leave it and see if it will appreciate more again.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Lost 400k by NapoleonHill: 9:44am On Nov 04, 2023
oliverwrites:
I have lost 800k today but note that dollar isn't going high to 1300, unless dangote refinery fails. I am only waiting till it gets to about 1100 and then exit. I forsee dollar going to 750 before March unless Dangote refinery fails.

This is the kind of analysis OP should look at. You can see the details in it. No some guess works.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Lost 400k by Trojan8(m): 9:45am On Nov 04, 2023
yahoodetector:

You are not an investor!

The naira will fall horribly this December at close to N2,000 per $ (I can bet my 2 kidneys to it). Be steadfast.

When BTC was falling, impatient peeps like you cashed out with losses but instead, I put my investments on the stable coin USDT...then one day, the BTC began to soar high and I smiled.

Can we place a bet on this? I don't need your kidney, just play around with a few naira. I hate it when I see comments like this that are not backed with any knowledge just vibes and Insha Allah.

6 Likes

Re: I Just Lost 400k by FlyingKing: 9:45am On Nov 04, 2023
IamAsiri:

Exactly! I was surprised that people advised her to invest in dollars at this point. It surely would have made more sense around that August that she was initially advised. Buying at that time and selling when it peaked would have gotten her huge profits. But that's crying over spilt milk. If OP get mind sha she fit invest like 500k into local rice as I can't see it crashing during festive season; maybe after though.

@OP
There are those who are cashing out when they get very good rice to sell. Don't just buy from anyone if you are interested. And don't buy because it is "cheap".
Wouldn't mention who you shouldn't buy from but I can recommend who you can buy from if you are interested. There are also a host of businesses to invest in that are not as volatile as this Forex market. You can contact @maryam1234 if you want to test it out (even with a very small amount).

Please, let talk business about this Rice business. More interested
Re: I Just Lost 400k by Bizibi(m): 9:45am On Nov 04, 2023
Illegal1:
omoh..........fear not,dollar will kip increasing as long as tinubulation is on the throne.

u shall smile again..
una nor dey hear word.
Re: I Just Lost 400k by tonididdy(m): 9:46am On Nov 04, 2023
Wolfdevil:
Why is everyone complaining.

If you follow the market, this thing happens every year around this time. It will eventually rise even higher. The op should just calm down. It will rise even higher than #1300

You want to cash@ at the expense of your country's downfall grin
Well all na husto...

... But in reality, unless there's a different Nigeria, the naira will summersault again and again.
Re: I Just Lost 400k by Deogratiasfx: 9:46am On Nov 04, 2023
Athena6:

I am so tired 😫

It is like you just want pity party to be organized for u. If u invest in dollar months ago as u claim u should still be in profits, when did dollar hit 1k, just few weeks ago. You mention 10yrs, then dollar was #150. I remember I used to buy 100$ with 17k. CBN is pumping money in forex again, dollar will temporary depreciate against naira, but in few months the real forces of demand and supply will raise it to 2k per dollar.
Disclaimer: you are an adult so take ur decision as it pleases u.

1 Like

Re: I Just Lost 400k by pocohantas(f): 9:46am On Nov 04, 2023
I read that thread and I couldn't understand why anyone would advise you to "invest" in dollar. The reason it was flying through the roof was people like you and your advisers in the first place. Some people said $/N1500 by December. I am happy you all are calm now. Feel free to hold on to your dollar or sell it. The latter would help the economy greatly. grin grin

8 Likes

Re: I Just Lost 400k by Biola67: 9:46am On Nov 04, 2023
PissInside:
Sorry my love.

Drop your account details,I'll send you 200k 😘
You wey never chop

2 Likes

Re: I Just Lost 400k by Fugazy2023: 9:46am On Nov 04, 2023
Athena6:

I am so tired 😫

Haha Haha, I'm glad this happened because most of you are naive. Were you not the one I told to diversify and invest some in forex trading? A lot of people were bashing me and calling me scam and all sort because of there level of ignorance. If you had invested in forex trading even if it was $200. Yet you still invested in forex in a very ignorant manner 🀣. Losing almost $400. The mumu people that ask you not to trade in forex as I advised are also the people that ask you to buy dollar. Isn't that also forex trading? 🀣🀣. Dumb people full this social media. Instead of you trading it professionally, you did ignorantly. Mad o. If you had taken to my advice;
1. I would have told you of the impending fall of dollar to naira and advice you dont invest in dollar
2. You would have cash out because I have already cash out from my own investment in FX.

Stay there and be listening to ignorant morons on nairaland till they push you and you lose all your money.

Sebi 90% advice you to invest in dollar abi, well done. Same way over 90% of people lose there money in forex because of mumuism
Re: I Just Lost 400k by aokpanefe: 9:47am On Nov 04, 2023
Yeah I did remember when dey were advicing you on your precious thread to invest in $$$

Dollar will fall a little

But

Dollar will rise in 2 weeks time, let's make a bet!!!!

No CAP

1 Like

Re: I Just Lost 400k by Centpico: 9:47am On Nov 04, 2023
Athena6:

I am so tired 😫

Been in the fx space or sometime now and one thing i know that always burns people's money is buying when its going up, its hardly worked out well for anybody. Will advice you remove about half of it or even 80% and see the other 20 as long term thing and not quick cashout
Re: I Just Lost 400k by ikejohn(m): 9:47am On Nov 04, 2023
It depends on your plan, dollar will still rise again but it might takes longer time, but my advice for you is to cut your loss may be wait for one or two weeks for it to bounce back at 1000 or 1050 and sell.
Re: I Just Lost 400k by okeysoninv: 9:47am On Nov 04, 2023
Athena6:

I am so tired 😫
if you had followed my thread when I said naira will gain straight you won't have the lost. Anyway let me break it down to you more . Naira will fall to #500 this is a Prophecy . If you like take it for granted. Tinubu govt has device means of crashing dollar.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Lost 400k by emerged01(m): 9:48am On Nov 04, 2023
Athena6:

Do you think it will even get to 1100 because I don't want to lose anymore money.

I am just feeling like a failure 😞
Bro,study what is going in Nigeria.

1 If Dangote refineries and other refineries come on board,is transaction going to be in dollars or naira,if it is going to be in Naira,bro cash out. If it is going to be in dollar,dollar is going up.

2 will crude oil companies that are going to supply the refineries demand naira or dollar,if they are going to demand naira,bro cash out.

If things go as planned by the Fg,dollar is going to crash more by December and the beginning of 2024.

Edited: Athena6,I just saw this news below. If it is true go and convert your dollar to naira

2 Likes

Re: I Just Lost 400k by Bouncing2(m): 9:48am On Nov 04, 2023
You went in late…Eish

Cashout now

2 Likes

Re: I Just Lost 400k by Moneyboyz: 9:49am On Nov 04, 2023
400 k and you dey cry.

I lost 8 million already. Wetin man go do?

Had 35k when it was above 1200 at over 43 million.

Now it's just 34k.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Lost 400k by LivingSage: 9:49am On Nov 04, 2023
Dollar will crash to #500 very soon.

You all should continue being pessimistic about Nigeria because of personal interest.
Athena6:

Do you think it will even get to 1100 because I don't want to lose anymore money.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Lost 400k by Deogratiasfx: 9:49am On Nov 04, 2023
Fugazy2023:

Haha Haha, I'm glad this happened because most of you are naive. Were you not the one I told to diversify and invest some in forex trading? A lot of people were bashing me and calling me scam and all sort because of there level of ignorance. If you had invested in forex trading even if it was $200.
1. I would have told you of the impending fall of dollar to naira and advice you dont invest in dollar
2. You would have cash out because I have already cash out from my own investment in FX.

Stay there and be listening to ignorant morons on nairaland till they push you and you lose all your money.

Sebi 90% advice you to invest in dollar abi, well done. Same way over 90% of people lose there money in forex because of mumuism

And what makes u think this person understand what he is saying?
Re: I Just Lost 400k by eteebanky: 9:50am On Nov 04, 2023
Imagine

See people hoarding Dollars

Nawa for una oo, y'all are one of those sabotaging this government, economy

I pray Dangote refinery kickstart as promised make naira have some breath

5 Likes

Re: I Just Lost 400k by CLRF: 9:50am On Nov 04, 2023
Athena6:

You are not a failure, greatness is forged through adversity.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Lost 400k by Donedeal1(m): 9:50am On Nov 04, 2023
As a speculating trading you must have a great dose of risk appetite.

So no risk no gain.
Re: I Just Lost 400k by koyeni(m): 9:50am On Nov 04, 2023
skultrick:

Stop listening to that guy he's one of the tinubu praise singers who talk without logic.

The first mistake was tinubu floating the naira for a country that's so dependent on importation.

The rebound you seeing right now is also fueled by fear, people are offloading their dollars only for one big man to mop it all up.

I have traded forex and individuals like you and me don't move the market even in our hundreds of thousands. One big man can mop it all up and determine the price.

So, unless you urgently need money now, sell. Otherwise wait, naira is no match for dollar.

Exactly....all these things happening now .. I'm not moved
Re: I Just Lost 400k by spencekat(m): 9:50am On Nov 04, 2023
Wujio:

A woman at your stage seeks financial independence. This path is marked with losses and heart breaks. Your scars are proof of your pursuit. As you become more confidence in your approach and learn to master your emotions over value, you will make better moves.

Example, Rule Two, never invest more than 25% of your income as a novice investor.

Rule one : Never lose money, try as much as possible to looose only minimmal.money. Thus mentality guides you to prudence and tames greed replacing greed with risk assesstment. I have stopped losing money for almost three years straight. I hardly lose money unless third parties impact in ways beyond my control. When you stop losing money. You then enter the next stage of money that is management. If you stabilize your money with little loses and consistent profit however little, you can begin to begin to get ahead in the money game

Rule Three : Seek more and more information. Note profit in money making is not dependent on revenge, greed or lust.

[/b]If you try any business too soon, it will be out of revenge. Keep your money and be calm. Other profitable opportunities will come[b].
πŸ‘πŸ‘

2 Likes

Re: I Just Lost 400k by samsard(m): 9:51am On Nov 04, 2023
yahoodetector:

You are not an investor!

The naira will fall horribly this December at close to N2,000 per $ (I can bet my 2 kidneys to it). Be steadfast.

When BTC was falling, impatient peeps like you cashed out with losses but instead, I put my investments on the stable coin USDT...then one day, the BTC began to soar high and I smiled.

You claim to be an investor and don't know that naira appreciates in December. Plus, are you even aware of how much was dumped on Binance?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Panic As Bitcoin Crashes, Swallows Millions Of Pounds In Cryptocurrency Markets / Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here / Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.