Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,426 members, 7,853,849 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:13 AM

People Need to Wake Up - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / People Need to Wake Up (268 Views)

Wake/wake-keep/wake-keeping -- Which One Is Correct? / The Earth Is Flat. Wake Up / A Call For NECO To Wake Up From Slumber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Need to Wake Up by Ebonygeek(f): 6:28am On Nov 04, 2023
The young pastor sat at a corner of his room, mentally noting all the activities he had to do that day. He needed to go to the campus to spread the Word. The youths were getting more and more unruly everyday, and he wondered how he could rectify the situation.

The task at hand looked quite daunting. How could he alone convince all these people that they were asleep and trapped? The only thing the people cared about now was how to make money by any means necessary.

Young men now spent hours on end trying to trick foreigners to send them their hard-earned money, and the ones who weren't clever enough to devise means to deceive innocent people resorted to diabolical ways of acquiring wealth; they would patronize wizards who would make deals with demons on their behalf, to give them wealth in exchange for something valuable. Unfortunately, it never ended well for the men involved.

Equally troubling was the fact that many young girls no longer wore skirts, shorts, trousers, or anything to cover their lower regions. The preacher thought, with dismay, how some daring ones even went as far as walking around in public without underwear. They had no idea that they were unwittingly inviting various non-human entities to inhabit them. People needed the Word now more than ever.

His mind drifted to a conversation he'd had with a young boy the previous day. The boy couldn't have been more than 19 years old, yet he was already into 'keyboarding'. He was leaning on a parked Mercedes CLA 250, and the preacher had known that the car was his, or that he was somehow affiliated with its owner, because he had the keys stylishly displayed on his left pinky finger under his silver iPhone.

Although the preacher knew that some young boys sometimes drove their parent's cars out, this boy was obviously into yahoo because he was dressed in that characteristic way in which keyboarders liked to array themselves. The boy had dyed his short cropped hair a bright yellow, and wore an oversized brown winter jacket with baggy jeans that was ripped at the knees. The pastor found it odd; the way these boys tended to wear large wool jackets in the Nigerian climate.

He had walked up to the boy, smiled at him, and asked him if he could speak to him for a moment. "About what?", the boy had asked. "About the man who came to earth to save you and me", the preacher had replied, still smiling. He always felt happy when he talked about Jesus.

The boy suddenly looked uncomfortable. "Wetin this one dey talk? Abeg I dey wait for person", he said. The young pastor wasn't deterred though.

"Listen friend. I'm here to share the gospel of truth with you. The bible says in John 3:16-18: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. [17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. [18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

In addition, 1 Corinthians 15:34 says: Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God."

"All dis holy holy guys sef", the boy retorted.

"No be holy holy anything my dear. I used to be just like you, even worse. I was living life on the fast lane before God saved me. I thought I was enjoying my life, but I was just ruining myself. Proverbs 14:12 says: There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."

The preacher went on: "People go around doing all sorts of crazy things without thinking of the consequences, but the truth is that everything we do, whether good or evil, will be repaid. Where do you think the law of karma came from?

Romans 2:6-9 says: (God) who will render to every man according to his deeds: [7] To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: [8] But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, [9] Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile.

God is not willing that any of his children should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

"But guy, I don't want to put myself in a cage. Christianity is a cage. Besides, na British colonizers bring Christianity come naija. You think say they go really give you something wey fit help you?"

"Hey friend, the bible is meant to be a guide; a life manual; it teaches us how to live. And, are you aware that the Scriptures existed hundreds of years before the colonizers' ancestors were even born? The British simply used it to their advantage to subdue our ancestors, but that doesn't make the Scriptures false."

"So like this, I no go fit drive my benz again?", the boy asked looking bewildered.

The preacher smiled once again: "What if I told you that you could drive a better car in future and have all your heart's desires as a follower of Christ? Philippians 4:19 says: But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Moreover, ill-gotten wealth typically comes with disadvantages. However. Proverbs 10:22 says: The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it."

The boy looked thoughtful and the preacher hoped he had managed to get through to him. "You've given me a lot to think about", he said. The preacher asked for his phone number and promised to call him later. He really hoped the boy would have a change of heart. It was disheartening to see so many young and promising souls on the pathway to destruction.

The sound of his phone ringing on his bedside table brought his mind back to the present. He had work to do. Inhaling deeply, the young pastor stood up, wore his shoes, and headed for the door.
Re: People Need to Wake Up by Ebonygeek(f): 8:38am On Nov 04, 2023
Wake up
Re: People Need to Wake Up by Ebonygeek(f): 2:51pm On Nov 04, 2023
This world is temporary. Once you're born, you'll live forever.
Re: People Need to Wake Up by Ebonygeek(f): 1:25pm On Nov 05, 2023
We're not here to buy and sell alone. Something's going on.
Re: People Need to Wake Up by Ebonygeek(f): 9:18am On Nov 06, 2023
Are your actions hurting someone or uplifting someone?
Re: People Need to Wake Up by Ebonygeek(f): 2:38pm On Dec 17, 2023
The end is drawing closer very rapidly.

Matthew 24:14 KJV
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Churches are walking hard to inform everyone. Please don't die in sin. Jesus came here, not to condemn us, but to save us.
Re: People Need to Wake Up by Ebonygeek(f): 10:49am On Dec 18, 2023
There are only 2 kinds of people in this world; those who know and those who don't.
Re: People Need to Wake Up by LikeAking: 10:53pm On Dec 25, 2023
Ebonygeek:
The young pastor sat at a corner of his room, mentally noting all the activities he had to do that day. He needed to go to the campus to spread the Word. The youths were getting more and more unruly everyday, and he wondered how he could rectify the situation.

The task at hand looked quite daunting. How could he alone convince all these people that they were asleep and trapped? The only thing the people cared about now was how to make money by any means necessary.

Young men now spent hours on end trying to trick foreigners to send them their hard-earned money, and the ones who weren't clever enough to devise means to deceive innocent people resorted to diabolical ways of acquiring wealth; they would patronize wizards who would make deals with demons on their behalf, to give them wealth in exchange for something valuable. Unfortunately, it never ended well for the men involved.

Equally troubling was the fact that many young girls no longer wore skirts, shorts, trousers, or anything to cover their lower regions. The preacher thought, with dismay, how some daring ones even went as far as walking around in public without underwear. They had no idea that they were unwittingly inviting various non-human entities to inhabit them. People needed the Word now more than ever.

His mind drifted to a conversation he'd had with a young boy the previous day. The boy couldn't have been more than 19 years old, yet he was already into 'keyboarding'. He was leaning on a parked Mercedes CLA 250, and the preacher had known that the car was his, or that he was somehow affiliated with its owner, because he had the keys stylishly displayed on his left pinky finger under his silver iPhone.

Although the preacher knew that some young boys sometimes drove their parent's cars out, this boy was obviously into yahoo because he was dressed in that characteristic way in which keyboarders liked to array themselves. The boy had dyed his short cropped hair a bright yellow, and wore an oversized brown winter jacket with baggy jeans that was ripped at the knees. The pastor found it odd; the way these boys tended to wear large wool jackets in the Nigerian climate.

He had walked up to the boy, smiled at him, and asked him if he could speak to him for a moment. "About what?", the boy had asked. "About the man who came to earth to save you and me", the preacher had replied, still smiling. He always felt happy when he talked about Jesus.

The boy suddenly looked uncomfortable. "Wetin this one dey talk? Abeg I dey wait for person", he said. The young pastor wasn't deterred though.

"Listen friend. I'm here to share the gospel of truth with you. The bible says in John 3:16-18: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. [17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. [18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

In addition, 1 Corinthians 15:34 says: Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God."

"All dis holy holy guys sef", the boy retorted.

"No be holy holy anything my dear. I used to be just like you, even worse. I was living life on the fast lane before God saved me. I thought I was enjoying my life, but I was just ruining myself. Proverbs 14:12 says: There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."

The preacher went on: "People go around doing all sorts of crazy things without thinking of the consequences, but the truth is that everything we do, whether good or evil, will be repaid. Where do you think the law of karma came from?

Romans 2:6-9 says: (God) who will render to every man according to his deeds: [7] To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: [8] But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, [9] Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile.

God is not willing that any of his children should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

"But guy, I don't want to put myself in a cage. Christianity is a cage. Besides, na British colonizers bring Christianity come naija. You think say they go really give you something wey fit help you?"

"Hey friend, the bible is meant to be a guide; a life manual; it teaches us how to live. And, are you aware that the Scriptures existed hundreds of years before the colonizers' ancestors were even born? The British simply used it to their advantage to subdue our ancestors, but that doesn't make the Scriptures false."

"So like this, I no go fit drive my benz again?", the boy asked looking bewildered.

The preacher smiled once again: "What if I told you that you could drive a better car in future and have all your heart's desires as a follower of Christ? Philippians 4:19 says: But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Moreover, ill-gotten wealth typically comes with disadvantages. However. Proverbs 10:22 says: The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it."

The boy looked thoughtful and the preacher hoped he had managed to get through to him. "You've given me a lot to think about", he said. The preacher asked for his phone number and promised to call him later. He really hoped the boy would have a change of heart. It was disheartening to see so many young and promising souls on the pathway to destruction.

The sound of his phone ringing on his bedside table brought his mind back to the present. He had work to do. Inhaling deeply, the young pastor stood up, wore his shoes, and headed for the door.

Getat!

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna State School Of Nursing Form For 2015-2016 Is Out Call_08146324420 / The Culture Of Terrorism In Nigeria: Unveiling The Real Terrorist / Online MSBI Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.