Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport (14241 Views)

Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate / Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) / Situation Reports On Transport Fares Across The Country This Yuletide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by datola: 9:08am On Nov 04, 2023
hmm
Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 9:08am On Nov 04, 2023
Ronu cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by PHAYOL81: 9:08am On Nov 04, 2023
If need be, then it's got to be
Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by Evolutionism: 9:12am On Nov 04, 2023
What A Good News for the Awalokansgrin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:12am On Nov 04, 2023
The 50% fare reduction was removed to "cushion the effect of fuel subsidy by the federal government as well as the harsh economic situation of the country", question is, have the economic situation of the country gotten better or does government feel the initial aggression of the citizens due to the subsidy removal has doused and they've developed the backbone to bear the hardship?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by Dubetex96(m): 9:12am On Nov 04, 2023
mannobi:
To be candid, Sanwo-Olu tried with that reduction. And many people do not see it as a big deal. Just imagine i journeyed from abule egba to ikorodu on BRT with less than #500 a trip that cost me #1700 on the yellow busses.
Kudos to Lagos state government. This is the real palliative that gets to people not those nonsense rice being shared.

A government is all about mapping out sustainable development plan not the try and error palliative wey Emilokon and Sanwolu is testing

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by HateBigots: 9:13am On Nov 04, 2023
Reportbutton:
God bless Lagos state government..
You have done enough.
Beggar praising his oppressors after they imported Toyota and yatch worth billions but cannot give the poor masses 50% off. 🤣🤣

Born to suffer 🤣🤣

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by oladipuposadeeq(m): 9:14am On Nov 04, 2023
NoToTerrorists:
At least it's Lagos not Anambra. Reality about to hit some people.
reality wey don hit them give some uppercut self

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by wittywriter: 9:14am On Nov 04, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:
i know it wont last, with the train they need to make money
Blackdisciple:
As expected
Racoon:
Another scam! They are done with helping the people with Greek gift. Now the suffering continues.

Masses always not fully considered...any initiative to reduce their suffering always shortened.
Blackdisciple:

They don't care
Sadly !

Wittyness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by Reportbutton: 9:16am On Nov 04, 2023
HateBigots:

Beggar praising his oppressors 🤣🤣
E pain shinedu cheesy
A Man from a state where baby factory na investment grin drugs baron state, cannibalism.
Potopoto region.

OSU 🐷🐽🐖🐖 I sight you

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by XerXers: 9:16am On Nov 04, 2023
Forces of capitalism always triumph. The government buses and trains will not be sustainable in the long run. Just like Nigeria air failed and air peace took over

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:17am On Nov 04, 2023
Smiles...

Na now dem go know what's up...

I pity some people in this country, especially those of una wey dey move outside to vote for these people...

If una no vote anybody, shey the world go end?

Una go start to dey feel the heat gradually...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by Bfly: 9:17am On Nov 04, 2023
If you are not in the government you are on your own. Tinubu na error

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by R0LL0N(m): 9:19am On Nov 04, 2023
Democracy is define as the government for the people and people for the government. Government na big time scamology

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by Enemyofpeace: 9:20am On Nov 04, 2023
Shege reloaded. All of una go suffer

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:22am On Nov 04, 2023
mannobi:
To be candid, Sanwo-Olu tried with that reduction. And many people do not see it as a big deal. Just imagine i journeyed from abule egba to ikorodu on BRT with less than #500 a trip that cost me #1700 on the yellow busses.
Kudos to Lagos state government. This is the real palliative that gets to people not those nonsense rice being shared.

It will now cost you about N800 by BRT from Abule Egba to Ikorodu

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by Enemyofpeace: 9:22am On Nov 04, 2023
Reportbutton:

E pain shinedu cheesy
A Man from a state where baby factory na investment grin drugs baron state, cannibalism.
Potopoto region.

OSU 🐷🐽🐖🐖 I sight you
stfu and face reality

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by Joshcoli(m): 9:23am On Nov 04, 2023
Campaign don end. The bag has being secured via supreme court.

Ladies and gentlemen it's time to feast

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by HateBigots: 9:23am On Nov 04, 2023
Reportbutton:

E pain shinedu cheesy
Potopoto region.

OSU 🐷🐽🐖🐖 I sight you
Noise... same rhetoric "shinedu" remark.
Try something else. Suffer head

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by Cantonese: 9:24am On Nov 04, 2023
mannobi:

How did he try please? Is government there to make life hard and miserable for people?

APC government controlled at the Federal level removed fuel subsidy and the price of petrol skyrocketed. Inflation rose to unbelievable levels in the country. The price of one bag of rice went to 60,000 within the same period. The same government talked about palliatives to make lives better for people. If proper measures were in place, would Nigerians suffer this much? Is government going Nigerians any favour after putting them through such sorrow?

The same Petrol that they supervised the hike in its price, has become a bone in their neck, with running cost of the vehicles.

Now that they have found their footing politically, they have continued with their business of exploiting citizens.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by bonnyhope: 9:24am On Nov 04, 2023
How many people were even benefiting before

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:25am On Nov 04, 2023
Election court case don end, veil of shenanigan has bn unveiled, eyes go start to dey neat 4rm Monday...

I foresee d 1st "Tinubu must go" protest kick off 4rm Lagos... this I have seen!

FalseProphet1

cool

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by SamuelLoch: 9:27am On Nov 04, 2023
transient123:
Was thinking it's gonna b retained till December....

Starting the new year with the standard price would have been much better.
So, what would be the government's palliative for December?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by Blaze14k: 9:27am On Nov 04, 2023
NoToTerrorists:
At least it's Lagos not Anambra. Reality about to hit some people.

What reality are you talking about ?
Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by gbengene1234(m): 9:27am On Nov 04, 2023
It's long overdue. Thank you Lagos.
Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by Reportbutton: 9:27am On Nov 04, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
stfu and face reality
Na you poor face reality
Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by Reportbutton: 9:28am On Nov 04, 2023
HateBigots:

Noise... same rhetoric "shinedu" remark.
Try something thing else. Suffer head
I'm so happy you're pained, tinubu Will rule you for 8 years 😋
Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by thesicilian: 9:28am On Nov 04, 2023
bluefilm:
It will continue to favor them and their families
In trying to be sarcastic, you ended up actually praying for them and excluding yourself and your family.
Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by omoadeleye(m): 9:28am On Nov 04, 2023
harkolat:
This govt cant be trusted, why not make the discount continue. The discount from the onset was just to score some political points, yeye dey smell.

Because say na your papa dey remit the money to Lagos government abi?

Or you think say because na government they can decide to print unlimited money to finance every expenditure?
Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by Enemyofpeace: 9:29am On Nov 04, 2023
Reportbutton:

Na you poor face reality
mumu. Keep praying pretending to be Dangote
Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by Emeka71(m): 9:29am On Nov 04, 2023
mannobi:
Good strategy.
Re: Lagos Government Stops 50% Discount On Transport by rolams(m): 9:30am On Nov 04, 2023
All these useless policies are not sustainable. We should have known this before now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian In France, Hw Good Is D Place / Container Falls Off Moving Trailer In Osun State / Australia: Boeing 787 Suffers Drop Due To Technical Problem. 50 Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.