Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) (47608 Views)

Wike: Tinubu Turned Down PDPโ€™s Offer To Sabotage Buhari In 2019 Election / BREAKING: Anonymous Hackers Shut Down Presidential Website / COVID-19: Why Buhari Turned Down Gandujeโ€™s N15 Billion Request โ€“ Femi Adesina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) by AlhajiCSO: 4:06am On Nov 05, 2023
Ms202309:

You should look for attention from your mother and stop disturbing me on the internet

Thanks as you comply
Mynd44 lalasticlala Seun Dominique nlfpmod Mukina2 Rule 2 Rule 19 same person as www.nairaland.com/Ms202310 www.nairaland.com/MS247 www.nairaland.com/Moh227 www.nairaland.com/Moh247 www.nairaland.com/Cruise777 www.nairaland.com/Curse777 etc
Re: Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) by awoluyi(m): 5:21am On Nov 05, 2023
Ridicule is the first and last argument of a fool.โ€- Charles Simmons.

" ....The oppressed man loves and respects only one man, his oppressor, and he has only one dream in life, which is to join the class of oppressors, in order to fulfil his own fantasies." "Pedagogy of the Oppressed"- Paulo Freire, Brazilian Author).

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) by fr3do(m): 5:50am On Nov 05, 2023
APC is a useless party, party of thieves

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) by YourKarma: 5:59am On Nov 05, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Continue crying. cheesy
Guy you're just disgracing yourself on this thread.
No be everything be politics. Sometimes, just shut up and observe.
Na waa o

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) by Ovieemmanuel: 6:22am On Nov 05, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Dis one want kill himself on top Tinubu matter.

Funny thing here is that, he can only scream, curse and insult, but there is absolutely nothing he can do about that. And all those curses, screaming and insults exist only on electronic pages.

Tinubu is not even aware someone is about to commit suicide on his matter.
Na wah oo. Alibaba and his 40 thieves.
Re: Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) by Ms202309: 6:41am On Nov 05, 2023
Enemiesmasquera:
Foolish idiot. You will end up a chronic begger on the street if you don't quit this nonsense you're doing on here

Do you want to get banned?!
Re: Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) by Agwotulumbe1: 6:41am On Nov 05, 2023
Ms202309:

shatap
Re: Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) by Enemiesmasquera: 6:43am On Nov 05, 2023
LeoDeKing:

So las las, no be Tinubu even buy yacht for himself again?

Anyway, cry more. grin
There's no difference between you and the goat you posted
Re: Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) by Enemiesmasquera: 6:44am On Nov 05, 2023
Ms202309:

It doesn't mean anything to me. I have to tell you the truth.
Re: Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) by Ms202309: 6:45am On Nov 05, 2023
Enemiesmasquera:
It doesn't mean anything to me. I have to tell you the truth.

Well it's not totally your fault, you are a product of your mother's home training
Re: Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) by Nauttyprof(m): 6:58am On Nov 05, 2023
seguno2:

You should revisit your English lessons on comparative grammar.
Thank me later.

It has nothing to do with English. It's only childish individuals who lack reasoning stoop so low when it comes to objective discussions. You need to grow up. You are still a baby.
Re: Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) by Mummyfour(f): 7:40am On Nov 05, 2023
Incredible128:
I think I've seen teeth like these somewhere on the internet referencing somebody's own ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜. Are u in any way trying to ridicule a certain employer of yours??๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ I'd advice you quickly delete this so u'll qualify to receive this month's stipend ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜,as our daddy doesn't like things like these๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
you are wicked o ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. What sort of vawulence did you just display here?๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) by obrian888: 7:58am On Nov 05, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Funny thing here is that, he can only scream, curse and insult, but there is absolutely nothing he can do about that. And all those curses, screaming and insults exist only on electronic pages.

Tifnubu supporters, what kind of brain is in you head sef? is it sawdust or powder? what will the president who lives more 80% in Abuja do with a Yacht for God sake? even if he lives in a water environment, should a Yacht of N5B be his priority for now, that Nigeria is bleeding, people can hardly feed. the wife is going to spend millions of tax payers money for cars for the office of the first lady, that is even illegal and she calls herself a Pastor? is there anyone in the country presently that is not aware of the sufferings in this country? let alone a pastor? o' just like they use to collect money from their church members without pity, is the same thing she wants to do with our collective resources, then she will now lead a prayer to pray for Nigeria, this nation is gone honestly.
Re: Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) by ChristCee: 9:35am On Nov 05, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Same GEJ that approved the phoney P& ID or another one? Smh

Same GEJ administration that approved everything and anything approvable request from the allegedly monumentally corrupt duo of Mrs Diezani and Col Dasuki(rtd) yet didn't approve a naval vessel that if bought then costs ten times less than it costs today in naira. Soroniyen?

FYI, this request from the Nigerian navy dates back to President Obasanjo's tenure who initially approved it as replacement for the old one he approved to be converted to a gun boat in 1999. It's not even about GEJ administration o. Check my signature for free stuffs!
You have not heard of how much Emefiele alone stole under Buhari? How about the Niger Delta saga? You seem to be reasoning with your feet.
Re: Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) by Mboi: 10:46am On Nov 05, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Of course, your support for Tilumbu ends here. Sing his praises from now till 2045, you're still poor. It's because of people like you that I want things to get harder in Nigeria so that you'll keep suffering and praising your slave masters.
Re: Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) by LeoDeKing: 10:49am On Nov 05, 2023
Mboi:

Of course, your support for Tilumbu ends here. Sing his praises from now till 2045, you're still poor. It's because of people like you that I want things to get harder in Nigeria so that you'll keep suffering and praising your slave masters.
Okay shukuma
Re: Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) by Reference(m): 10:58am On Nov 05, 2023
A lot of folks are really at sea (pun intended) when it comes to this matter.
The issue is not about the article in question; A Presidential yacht (or a fleet review platform, whatever anyone chooses to call it).
The issue is all about the economics and the economy, period.
And this critical aspect is for two reasons.

One, the economy of Nigeria right now can/should only lend itself to expenditure centred around productivity, revenue generation and competitiveness. The purchase of a military 'Administrative tool' for pomp and pageantry is hardly the definition of an economic decision.

Two. Over the past two decades the military has consumed huge amounts of resources in the war against terror in many theatres across the country. in most cases robbing other sectors of the economy the needed resources to thrive. Many will argue the campaigns have plunged this country into recession and lasting economic damage as the ECOMOG operations of the late 80's did.

At this point the military itself should be circumspect in its spending, lending itself to purchasing only critical tools of operations and not being relaxed in its new found status as the goose that lays the golden egg, because it simply is not. For though security is paramount to economic survival, the military itself cannot guarantee economic survival. It is one part of the foundation to our prosperity, not the goose itself.

So the long and short of this drama is simple.
The purchase of the yacht was simply misplaced, an unnecessary waste of highly scarce resources and the promoters of such were simply out of touch with the country, the dire economy and the crushing poverty such acts in tandem with others have brought on the people.

It is simply unconscionable that such expenditure be given priority thoughtless of being imposed on the country outside the law of appropriation and if this is a nation of laws the promoters ought to be prosecuted.

All around the world and even in developed nations when there is a recession or economic downturn militaries are not spared cost cutting, retrenchment and mothballing of equipment.

The US had accused NATO members of scaling back military budgets over the years after the Cold War ended to the point now munition stocks are about exhausted courtesy of the Ukraine War. The United Kingdom has scrapped plans to build more ships, planes and submarines many times in recent decades and the same goes for many more countries with far better economies than ours.

People do cut costs everywhere, EXCEPT IN NIGERIA, where leadership is totally disconnected with the realites of the people they lead.
If we cannot find a solution to the security challenges we face and thus put an end to the militarisation of Nigeria as soon as possible and we maintain such insensitive leadership then we risk tipping the scale in favour of full blown anarchy with little or no resources to tackle it.

The clock is ticking to do what is right and do it fast.
Re: Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) by AlhajiCSO: 11:31am On Nov 05, 2023
Ms202309:

You should look for attention from your mother and stop disturbing me on the internet

Thanks as you comply
Mynd44 lalasticlala Seun Dominique nlfpmod Mukina2 Rule 2 Rule 19 same person as www.nairaland.com/Ms202310 www.nairaland.com/MS247 www.nairaland.com/Moh227 www.nairaland.com/Moh247 www.nairaland.com/Cruise777 www.nairaland.com/Curse777 etc
Re: Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) by Geminiivory: 12:10pm On Nov 05, 2023
emmyN:

Acting senseless is what puts food on his table

Too bad
Re: Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) by benjaminlawson(m): 2:02pm On Nov 05, 2023
LeoDeKing:

If your above statement is true of our democracy, it means democracy is doomed, how would someone say that opinion of citizens are not matter in democratic dispensation, if truly it is electorate that elect that individual. You can go ahead and sample the opinion of masses, you will notice that you are an orphan in this matter. You are one of the people that encourage our leaders to misgovern us.
Re: Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) by Generalyemi(m): 5:14pm On Nov 05, 2023
LeoDeKing:

But he is aware you exist.?

Foolishness
Re: Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) by Dybala11(m): 6:20pm On Nov 05, 2023
jeromestarks:
Still his government didn't last.
Leave Jagaban to do what he feels it's the best.
If you're not happy with Jagaban's government, leave Nigeria. Simple!
The corrupt entities your lord took over from never for one second insult the intelligence of Nigerians by telling them to leave the country when asked for accountability. Imagine a supposedly sane individual saying this rubbish you just said when people asked their leaders to be accountable and we're left wondering why the country is retrogressing everyday.
Re: Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) by zoomzoom(m): 9:30pm On Nov 05, 2023
[quote author=LeoDeKing post=126793721]

At least he can complain, but you are dying in SILENCE, because you are one of the enablers of this CRIMINAL GANG that has captured our state.
Re: Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) by emmyN(m): 10:44pm On Nov 05, 2023
naptu2:

You didn't state it that Jonathan rejected the proposal. You ended it with, "the government was roundly criticised". One would think they were the ones championing the idea and had to backtrack when the media raised a ruckus. Your article was either deliberately misleading or dwelled on half-truths.
Re: Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) by naptu2: 2:06am On Nov 06, 2023
emmyN:

You didn't state it that Jonathan rejected the proposal. You ended it with, "the government was roundly criticised". One would think they were the ones championing the idea and had to backtrack when the media raised a ruckus. Your article was either deliberately misleading or dwelled on half-truths.

What kind of nonsense is this? How can anybody think that the government was championing the idea when all through I wrote that the Navy requested for a presidential yacht? Did you actually read the thread?? I EVEN POSTED THE ARTICLE THAT STATED THAT THE NAVY PUT IN A REQUEST TO THE DEFENCE MINISTER AND THIS WAS WHAT CAUSED CONTROVERSY

The whole point of the thread, which I itemised at the beginning was that:

The Nigerian Navy has been asking for a new presidential yacht since Year 2000.
The request always causes controversy.
These are the reasons why it says it needs a new yacht.
These are the reasons why I do not believe that we need a new yacht.
These are our previous presidential yachts.
The last presidential yacht was decommissioned a long time ago
We have had 3 fleet reviews since the last yacht was decommissioned and we havenโ€™t had any problems.
These are the alternatives to a presidential yacht.

I didnโ€™t write what the government said in 2006, I didnโ€™t write what the government said in 2010 and I didnโ€™t write what the government said in 2023 because that wasnโ€™t my focus.

How then will you say that I said that the government wanted it when the whole point of the thread was that it was the Navy that has been requesting for a yacht since Year 2000 and it has not gotten one. Who else would have rejected it when President Jonathan used a Shaldag MK II?

What dirty stinking half truth are you talking about? Can you point out anything in the thread that was not true? Are you sure that you can read at all??

It seems like what you guys are after is partisanship, which is not the focus of my thread and I am not going to join you in that nonsense. Anybody with a brain that read my thread would know what it was about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Policeman That Was Killed By Teargas Explosion In Ebonyi (Photos) / To Your Tents O South East? - Thisday / Ghana: Fulani Elders Offered N350m To Me To Destabilize Taraba/Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.