Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

"I Did Not Promise Nigerians Eldorado From The Beginning!" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Did Not Promise Nigerians Eldorado From The Beginning!" (645 Views)

I Did Not Promise To Build New Schools - Peter Obi Replies Reno (Video) / Tinubu Not A Magician, APC Did Not Promise ‘miracle,’ Says Oshiomhole / I Should Be Held Responsible For What I Promise Nigerians, If Elected - Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Did Not Promise Nigerians Eldorado From The Beginning!" by z07ion: 9:51pm On Nov 04, 2023
President 'Bola Tinubu in his first impromptu but very insensitive reaction to the Supreme Court's verdict which affirmed his candidature as the 16th President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, told Nigerians to have " a change of mind set; let us be positive for our country... develop spirit of more work, dedication, patriotism, after all we did not promise an ELDORADO from the beginning.... we need to contribute in all ways possible ... it’s time for work.. more hard work... not for our self aggrandizement .... but do this for the coming generation .... of our children and grandchildren....!

An Eldorado is an illusion, mirage of the existence of a well- endowed country in the South America which had all resources - especially abundant gold and where everything works perfectly! Obsessed Spanish explorers never found the nation!
Should Mr.Tinubu add insult to the injuries perpetrated through his gullibility on sudden removal of fuel subsidy without requisite palliatives to cushion the ripple effects of the sufferings on over 130 million multi-dimensional poverty-striken population?

THE SUPREME COURT CONSENSUS JUDGMENT IS REGRETTABLE!

The Nigerian 1999 Military Constitution could be best described as a conglomeration of obnoxious laws and treaties deliberately enacted to further subject socio-economically battered citizens to perpetual suffering by consecutive oligarchic governments forced upon them! Through the controversial document Mr. 'Bola Tinubu has bagged a four-year opportunity to free accommodation, meals, medical tourism, holidays etc. through a consensus Apex Court decision. The Supreme Court on Thursday 26th October 2023 was forced to uphold the victory of President Bola Tinubu in the February 25 Presidential election.
It turned out a hatchet job for the SEVEN SUPREME COURT JUDGES who for the reason of their special number were expected to carry out a perfect national assignment.
Biblically the Number 7 (seven), stands for perfection but their hands were tied due to the provisions of the obnoxious national document which turned out to be their albatross - the "legal working tool" and had no choice than to carry out the legal duties as guided by the extant laws as enacted in the bogus Constitution and the 2020 Electoral Laws as amended! While the learned judges were pained to the heart because the LAW WOULD ALWAYS REMAIN AN ASS, the motley gang of sadists which gathered at the STATE HOUSE ABUJA congratulated their mentor for the final victory and assured him of their solidarity while he in return promised that their jobs were secured.

The political jobbers urge Mr. Tinubu to move forward with a sustained tempo of institutional corruption in spite of the fact that the economy has nose-dived and is on ground zero!
The apex court in its ruling dismissed the appeals by the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Atiku Abubakar and his Labour Party (LP) counterpart Peter Obi.
The seven-judge panel ruled as without merit the opposition appeals over claims of fraud, electoral law violations, and Tinubu’s ineligibility to run for president.
The apex court thrashed all the grounds of appeal of Atiku and PDP on qualification, non-compliance with the Electoral Act, the 25% votes in FCT, and electoral malpractice.

However President Bola Tinubu unlike late President Umar Yar 'Ardua who was voted in similar circumstances in the year 2007, hailed the Supreme Court verdict that upheld his electoral victory at the February 25, 2023 presidential poll. The apex court in its ruling dismissed the appeals by the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar; and his Labour Party (LP) counterpart, Peter Obi.
In the unanimous judgment, the apex court dismissed the petitions. A seven-judge panel ruled as without merit the opposition appeals over claims of fraud, electoral law violations, and Tinubu’s ineligibility to run for President.

TINUBU'S OFFICIALLY-DRAFTED STATEMENT BY HIS SPOKESMAN - AJURI NGELALE!

STATEMENT BY H.E. PRESIDENT BOLA AHMED TINUBU, GCFR
IT IS TIME FOR US TO BUILD OUR GREAT NATION TOGETHER
I welcome the verdict of the Justice John I. Okoro-led Panel of the Supreme Court on the Presidential Election petitions filed by the candidates of the Peoples Democratic Party and the Labour Party, challenging the ruling of the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal.
The court has done justice to all issues put up for consideration in the petitions on the merits of the law, without fear or favour.
There is no doubt, with the profound judgment of today, that our electoral jurisprudence and constitutional democracy are further consolidated and embedded more indelibly in our national identity because of the diligence and undaunted professionalism of the Honourable Justices who presided over the matter.

While the verdict of today has laid to rest the agitating discourse over who truly won the 2023 Presidential election and met the constitutional requirements as laid out by law, I want to reiterate that my faith in our nation’s judiciary has never been shaken, not even for a moment, because I know that our hallowed courts of law will not fail to administer justice to all Nigerians in all matters and at all times. Despite the fusillade of pressure and attempts at intimidation by some political actors, the judiciary demonstrated its unequivocal commitment to upholding the rule of law for the upliftment and defense of humanity.
It was affirmed once more today, that my party, the governing All Progressives’ Congress, had freely and fairly won the popular mandate of Nigerians, which has since given rise to my leadership of this great nation at a tumultuous period of unprecedented reforms in our history as a nation.
With deep gratitude to God Almighty, I solemnly and humbly accept today’s judicial victory with an intense sense of responsibility and a burning desire to meet the great challenges confronting our people.

The victory of today has further energised and strengthened my commitment to continue to serve all Nigerians of all political persuasions, tribes, and faiths, with honour and total respect for the diverse opinions and uniting values of our citizens.
Our Renewed Hope agenda for a greater and prosperous Nigeria has further gained momentum and I will continue to work from morning to night, every single day, to build a country that meets our collective yearnings and aspirations.
We are all members of one household, and this moment demands that we continue to work and build our country together. The strength of our diversity and the great citizenship that binds us must now compel us forward in directing the energy of our people towards building a virile, stronger, united, and more prosperous country.

In the days and months ahead, I trust that the spirit of patriotism will be elevated into supporting our administration to improve the living conditions of Nigerians. I am prepared to welcome the contributions of all Nigerians to foster and strengthen our collective progress.
I send my immense gratitude to all Nigerians for the mandate to serve our country. I promise again to meet and exceed your expectations in service delivery and good governance, working with my team and trusting in the grace of God.

May God continue to bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Bola Ahmed Tinubu
President and Commander-in-Chief, Federal Republic of Nigeria
October 26, 2023.

THE CITIZENS' VERDICT!!!
The entire litigation process has been an orchestrated charade. It now behoves on Mr. Emi 'lokan to yield to the popular advocacy through REFERENDUM, FOR A UNICAMERAL PARLIAMENTARY SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT TO COME TO FRUITION IMMEDIATELY!
Time is essence!

[WATCH OUT FOR A NIGERIAN PRIME MINISTER – NOT A PRESIDENT IN 2023!]

I am, yours sincerely, THE WATCHMAN Dr. David B.A. Olufon. 08130669886, 08080243066. g-mail-dvdolufon@gmail.
Re: "I Did Not Promise Nigerians Eldorado From The Beginning!" by Ms202309: 10:08pm On Nov 04, 2023
They want a quick fix for 69 years damage
Re: "I Did Not Promise Nigerians Eldorado From The Beginning!" by KingOfAmebo(m): 10:37pm On Nov 04, 2023
Yes na, it is overzealous agbadorians that believe all your lies of transforming Nigeria into Dubai, they believe you are the master strategist, the master planner and the builder of Lagos from scratch.

But we sane Nigerians knew you will only succeed in taking Nigerians back to stone age and it is already happening with bearly 12 months in office.

We sane Nigerians know being President was just your life long ambition and lack the capacity to lead us into prosperity hence you confirmed it with your "emilokan" mantra.

Sane Nigerians are not dissapointed, only agbadorians with high expectations from you are dissapointed.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Did Not Promise Nigerians Eldorado From The Beginning!" by rinzaugustine: 11:49pm On Nov 04, 2023
Would the brain dead idiots listen to advise of mandate thief who they see as prophet Mohamed?…or would they start blaming Peter Obi when hunger starts taking them to mortuaries in quick succession?…but the good thing is they say generational poverty is celebrated by them and part of their culture
Re: "I Did Not Promise Nigerians Eldorado From The Beginning!" by Racoon(m): 11:55pm On Nov 04, 2023
Whao! Admission of failure. When he opened his wide mouth promising Nigeria eldorado with Buhari they thought they were talking to zombies and morons.

4 Likes

Re: "I Did Not Promise Nigerians Eldorado From The Beginning!" by Xhuntra: 12:24am On Nov 05, 2023
Ms202309:

You are a very shameless being . Tueh!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Did Not Promise Nigerians Eldorado From The Beginning!" by onumadu: 12:34am On Nov 05, 2023
Well ...

Re: "I Did Not Promise Nigerians Eldorado From The Beginning!" by Free2Fly: 8:02am On Nov 05, 2023
Ms202309:

Idiot, you promised El dorado before Buhari came in and did same as part of your campaingn for the drugbag.

Why can't they fulfill it?

1 Like

Re: "I Did Not Promise Nigerians Eldorado From The Beginning!" by Elsudani2: 8:10am On Nov 05, 2023
On ya mandate lunatics
Re: "I Did Not Promise Nigerians Eldorado From The Beginning!" by Couldntfigurean: 11:22am On Nov 05, 2023
It’s a lie oo
Tinubu,you built Lagos from scratch according to your brainless online urchins,they have the pictures of you laying the first block in Lagos

So,get to building

(1) (Reply)

‘You Tried To Impose A Candidate’ — Fayemi Hits Oshiomhole Over Edo APC Primary / Anambra Man Lambasted Peter OBI For Donating Borehole To The North / How To Develop Your Psychic Power To Become Great

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.