Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,319 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN (20044 Views)

Twist In Regional Competition As New Airport Opens In Anambra / Lagos-Ibadan Railway Will Be Ready In February 2019, See Photos From The Site / US: Why We Rejected 44.9% Of Nigerian Nonimmigrant B Visa Applications In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by Ola9ja23: 4:48pm On Nov 05, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

Billionaire boys your single state a not bought a coach not to talk to rail line,God will we be alive to see it on this platform

🀣🀣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by DeLaRue: 4:53pm On Nov 05, 2023
Coming from Lagos, vehicular traffic drops dramatically after Ibadan. Between Ibadan and Osun, the highway is not busy at all.

Between Osun and Ondo State, there are so few cars on the highway, that you wonder if people don't travel between these states.

Even if you travel from Lagos via Lagos - Benin expressway, that expressway, which is supposed to be one of the busiest roads in Nigeria is not busy at all despite linking to Benin, the South South, and South East.

And once you cross into Ondo state from Ore, you can count the number of vehicles between Ore and Ondo city. Ondo city to Akure is also not busy at all.

So how in the world did politicians determine that any city/town after Ibadan in the SW needs rail. To carry what exactly

Did the people tell you rail is their priority sad

Deceitful, misplaced, illogical, ill informed and fraudulent priorities.

It is no surprise the country is littered with uneconomical white elephant projects.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by demmie1: 4:59pm On Nov 05, 2023
tollyboy5:

There is no regional project ongoing in southwest as we speak.
Even Lagos has not fully completed many project she intended to, embarking on a regional project is unrealistic. Not until Lagosians get 24hours electricity and 5 metro rails including 4rth mainland bridge. Any big project joining other southwest is a no and it wont stand grin .
When they start go and stop them. Nonentity

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by DeLaRue: 5:10pm On Nov 05, 2023
I was I'm Benin last week for a few hours and was quite impressed. Though I was in the GRA, Airport road area which I understand were some of the best areas.

You can't say that of any part of Akure, Ado Ekiti, Oshogbo and even Abeokuta.

Many SW people are deluded, thinking they're somehow ahead.

I am not well travelled in Nigeria, but I was in Kano 2 years ago, and I was very impressed.

These internet kids need to wake up and accept that most of the SW are backwards. Don't let politicians deceive you about fake promises of projects they know will never see the light of the day.

We need to wake up. Outside of Lagos and Ibadan, there is nothing.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by DeLaRue: 5:10pm On Nov 05, 2023
I was in Benin last week for a few hours and was quite impressed. Though I was in the GRA, Airport road area which I understand were some of the best areas.

You can't say that of any part of Akure, Ado Ekiti, Oshogbo and even Abeokuta.

Many SW people are deluded, thinking they're somehow ahead.

I am not well travelled in Nigeria, but I was in Kano 2 years ago, and I was very impressed.

These internet kids need to wake up and accept that most of the SW is backward. Don't let politicians deceive you with fake promises of projects they know will never see the light of the day.

We need to wake up. Outside of Lagos and Ibadan, there is not much development.

Outside of the SW, I've only been to Benin, Kano, and Abuja. So I can't say I have the full picture of what's happening in other regions.

But those other regions are not my priority, though I wish them well indeed.

But the SW that Awolowo left has not made much progress. Full stop.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by DeLaRue: 5:29pm On Nov 05, 2023
Ola9ja23:

With this mindsets, I don't blame your governors in SadEast for sharing kerosene as dividends of democracy πŸ˜€πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ€£

You and your Bhiafuro shall remain stagnant and retrogressive till Jesus comes. Na so you will remain till Western will come and colonize you again πŸ€£πŸ˜€πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£

Hmm..I a South West man o. Never travelled past Benin. I am not from the East, and I see nothing wrong in being from there.

My comments are just about my region. I am interested in the truth, and I want it to get better. Lagos, Ibadan, Abeokuta are doing well. But, that's it.

Many of you internet warriors are too taken by rivalries with people from other regions.

I am not interested in that.

I know some of these SW leaders personally, and I am telling you they lack the nous to govern.

Promise of rail to 44 cities is just that. Promise, nothing more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by forgiveness: 5:29pm On Nov 05, 2023
Monsignor22:
"44 cities"

LMFAOOOO nice joke grin cheesy grin grin

1. Eko
2. Ikeja
3. Lekki
4. Ibadan
5. Abeokuta
6. Oshogbo
7. Ilorin
8. Akure
9. Ado Ekiti
10. Ikorodu
11. Sagamu
12. Ijebu Ode
13. Sango- Ota
14. Epe
15. Badagry
16. Ife
18. Ondo
19. Owo
20. Ojo
21. Ogbomosho
22. Ilesha
23. Ore
24. Oyo
25. Iwo
26. Ede
27. Arepo
28. Agbara
29. Mowe
30. Ibafo
31. Eko Atlantic
32. Ede
33. Iperu/Ilisan/Ogere axis
35. Ilaro
36. Offa
37. Kabba
38. Lokoja

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by DeLaRue: 5:39pm On Nov 05, 2023
forgiveness:

1. Eko
2. Ikeja
3. Lekki
4. Ibadan
5. Abeokuta
6. Oshogbo
7. Ilorin
8. Akure
9. Ado Ekiti
10. Ikorodu
11. Sagamu
12. Ijebu Ode
13. Sango- Ota
14. Epe
15. Badagry
16. Ife
18. Ondo
19. Owo
20. Ojo
21. Ogbomosho
22. Ilesha
23. Ore
24. Oyo
25. Iwo
26. Ede
27. Arepo
28. Agbara
29. Mowe
30. Ibafo
31. Eko Atlantic
32. Ede
35. Ilaro
36. Offa
37. Kabba
38. Lokoja

O Lord, help us.

In what planet are Ore, Owo, Ilesa etc cities.

And Kabba, Lokoja, Offa etc are SW cities? And did people in these towns tell you rail transportation is the priority.

So we need to spend billions to build rail lines to Eko Atlantic so that people who bought billion naira plots and drive Range Rovers, G Wagon, Lexus 600 LX can use train? Or will the train be for their servants and House maids.

Bro, I am telling you many primary & secondary school kids in Osun, Ondo, Oyo, and Ekiti are in 60-plus students classrooms, and some large General hospitals treating thousands of patients per day have less that 5 doctors, you are suggesting the priority should be building railways to Eko Atlantic?

Don't let politicians deceive you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by forgiveness: 5:42pm On Nov 05, 2023
DeLaRue:

O Lord, help us.

And Kabba, Lokoja, Offa etc are SW cities?

So we need to spend billions to build rail lines to Eko Atlantic so that people who bought billion naira plots and drive Range Rovers, G Wagon, Lexus 600 LX can use train? Or will the train be for their servants and House maids.

Bro, I am telling you many kids in Osun, Ondo, Oyo, and Ekiti are 60 plus in windowless classrooms, and some large General hospitals treating thousands of patients per day have less that 5 doctors, you are suggesting the priority should be building railways to Eko Atlantic?

Have you been to Owo, Ore and Ilesa recently?
Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by forgiveness: 5:47pm On Nov 05, 2023
DeLaRue:

O Lord, help us.

And Kabba, Lokoja, Offa etc are SW cities? And did people in these towns tell you rail transportation is the priority.

Bro, I am telling you many primary & secondary school kids in Osun, Ondo, Oyo, and Ekiti are in 60-plus students classrooms, and some large General hospitals treating thousands of patients per day have less that 5 doctors, you are suggesting the priority should be building railways to Eko Atlantic?

Who is the railway for since rich and poor cities don't need it according to you?

2 Likes

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by DeLaRue: 5:47pm On Nov 05, 2023
forgiveness:

Have you been to Owo, Ore and Ilesa recently?

If it is by size, Ilesa might qualify as a city. No disrespect to Ilesa, but you'll have to admit its infrastructure is not that of a modern city.

Owo is an ancient town with a proud history and people. I respect Owo, but it will be hard for anyone to claim it has the attributes of a city. Big town, yes.

As for Ore, I have only driven past it, but it left very little impression on me. No doubt a great place for the people living there, but I doubt it qualifies as a city.

3 Likes

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by forgiveness: 5:50pm On Nov 05, 2023
DeLaRue:

If it is by size, Ilesa might qualify as a city. No disrespect to Ilesa, but you'll have to admit its infrastructure is not that of a modern city.

Owo is an ancient town with a proud history and people. I tespect Owo, but it will be hard for anyone to claim it has the attributes of a city. Big town, yes.

As for Ore, I have only driven past it, but it left very little impression on me. No doubt a great place for the people living there, but I doubt it qualifies as a city.

Have you been there recently?

2 Likes

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by DeLaRue: 5:59pm On Nov 05, 2023
forgiveness:

Who is the railway for since rich and poor cities don't need it according to you?

All I am saying is railways will work in Lagos and Ibadan, or in that triangle between Lagos State, Ogun State and Oyo State.

Osun, Ondo, Ekiti have no need for trains at this point. The roads in these states are mostly empty. They are ok with road transportation for the next 20 - 25years.

The South West development agency should focus on practical priorities of education, health, road repairs and construction etc

Trains are super expensive to construct and maintain. And it is not needed in these other States.

This Chairman guy making all these promises is a Commissioner in Ondo State. That state has been owing civil servants salaries since Mimiko era (8 years), and the backlog has still not been cleared. He is not looking for ways to boost economic growth in his State to increase IGR to pay workers salaries but he is disturbing our peace with fake lies about building railways to 44 imaginary cities

3 Likes

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by Eniitankorede: 6:05pm On Nov 05, 2023
ILoveNG:
Nothing to hate here, but our frustrated brothers are still going to have something to say.

May God help our miserable brothers. it’s hard seeing them like this.

This can never happen in south east because they hate each other. That’s why I want to see what will happen to them in Biafra if given to them. They will finish themselves in no time like tigers devouring each other.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by forgiveness: 6:17pm On Nov 05, 2023
DeLaRue:

All I am saying is railways will work in Lagos and Ibadan, or in that triangle between Lagos State, Ogun State and Oyo State.

Osun, Ondo, Ekiti have no need for trains at this point. The roads in these states are mostly empty. They are ok with road transportation for the next 20 - 25years.

The South West development agency should focus on practical priorities of education, health, road repairs and construction etc

Trains are super expensive to construct and maintain. And it is not needed in these other States.

This Chairman guy making all these promises is a Commissioner in Ondo State. That state has been owing civil servants salaries since Mimiko era (8 years), and the backlog has still not been cleared. He is not looking for ways to boost economic growth in his State to increase IGR to pay workers salaries but he is disturbing our peace with fake lies about building railways to 44 imaginary cities

Having a railway that will transverse SW region will bring development to those cities rapidly. Reason is many SW will relocate to more affordable cities while working in another expensive cities.

Likewise, farmers can transport their goods to other cities to sell then return to their city.

Lagos will be decongested if visibly.

You don't seems to understand.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by Makunahatata: 6:32pm On Nov 05, 2023
proeast:
Where are the cities? 44 slums you mean?
use Panadol for the headache πŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by thatigboman: 6:32pm On Nov 05, 2023
Mad people. How many cities are in West Africa not to talk of Nigeria talkless SW Nigeria. The only city in SW is Ibadan, others are towns and villages. Lagos is no man's land.

1 Like

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by thatigboman: 6:33pm On Nov 05, 2023
proeast:
sophisticated mad people
Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by Makunahatata: 6:33pm On Nov 05, 2023
DeLaRue:

Hmm..I a South West man o. Never travelled past Benin. I am not from the East, and I see nothing wrong in being from there.

My comments are just about my region. I am interested in the truth, and I want it to get better. Lagos, Ibadan, Abeokuta are doing well. But, that's it.

Many of you internet warriors are too taken by rivalries with people from other regions.

I am not interested in that.

I know some of these SW leaders personally, and I am telling you they lack the nous to govern.

Promise of rail to 44 cities is just that. Promise, nothing more.

shut up OkoroπŸ˜’

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by Babangidapikin: 6:34pm On Nov 05, 2023
Oga Wike will not see this one ...to seat and develop the South South ... It is to dragging Fabura in the house ...
Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by porthouse7(f): 6:35pm On Nov 05, 2023
South west is moving forward, South East is relocating to to South west vfor better life and security

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by Sleekfingers: 6:36pm On Nov 05, 2023
b3llo:
It's like regional government will be better than State government

Of course, .....

3 Likes

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by shagasha: 6:36pm On Nov 05, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Those people right now

You dey talk like say no be Youruba's/ Nigerians dey award the contract. You think that those guys think about you? Lolsss.... you go soon know

Time will tell!!!

2 Likes

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by harjay1986: 6:38pm On Nov 05, 2023
DeLaRue:

Nigerian politicians like to deceive the people.

44 cities ke? Where is the money going to come from. And where is the need?

Ondo, Osun, Ekiti can barely pay salaries. Pot holes everywhere in their intra city roads. General hospitals with 5 or less doctors.

Yet, politicians who can't fix these basic needs are promising railways that the populace don't need, and which the governments can't afford to build or maintain.

Many SW politicians are so deceitful.

This is not from government, we hope BAT get us to regional government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by thatigboman: 6:40pm On Nov 05, 2023
forgiveness:

1. Eko
2. Ikeja
3. Lekki
4. Ibadan
5. Abeokuta
6. Oshogbo
7. Ilorin
8. Akure
9. Ado Ekiti
10. Ikorodu
11. Sagamu
12. Ijebu Ode
13. Sango- Ota
14. Epe
15. Badagry
16. Ife
18. Ondo
19. Owo
20. Ojo
21. Ogbomosho
22. Ilesha
23. Ore
24. Oyo
25. Iwo
26. Ede
27. Arepo
28. Agbara
29. Mowe
30. Ibafo
31. Eko Atlantic
32. Ede
35. Ilaro
36. Offa
37. Kabba
38. Lokoja
first remove all those towns in lagos. Lagos is a mega city. 1 city. U don't have to name all streets in lagos and call them SW cities individually. Lagos is not, has never, and will never be part of SW. A British protectorate, developed by whitemen and igbos.
Remove all towns in Kogi and Kwara states. They are in NC, not SW. Of the remaining ones, demarcate those that are towns and those that are cities let's see.
Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by pocom35: 6:42pm On Nov 05, 2023
Nice..Lagos already has a fairly good metro system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os7Ov234lYE
Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by porthouse7(f): 6:44pm On Nov 05, 2023
proeast:
the slum ur generation are running to every night

1 Like

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by CoronaVirusPro: 6:45pm On Nov 05, 2023
Mikelh:
God bless Nigeria

God bless you too!
Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by NovusHomo(m): 6:45pm On Nov 05, 2023
b3llo:
It's like regional government will be better than State government

It was, until alcoholic Ironsi conspired with Azikiwe to end regionalism. Awon were.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kaduna Dry Port Begins Container Clearance / One Killed As Dangote Truck Damages Two Cars In Magodo, Lagos / Trailer Veers Off Bridge In Lagos In A Shocking Manner. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.