Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,353 members, 7,850,287 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:43 PM

South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN (20133 Views)

Twist In Regional Competition As New Airport Opens In Anambra / Lagos-Ibadan Railway Will Be Ready In February 2019, See Photos From The Site / US: Why We Rejected 44.9% Of Nigerian Nonimmigrant B Visa Applications In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by Desusi: 9:08pm On Nov 05, 2023
proeast:
Where are the cities? 44 slums you mean?
Let them mention their names.l still dey wait. O.

1 Like

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by AllDModsAreMaad: 9:10pm On Nov 05, 2023
thatigboman:
u are just an illiterate clown. My grandfather was developing lagos while your grandfather was farming cassava in owo.
Do you know that ikeja was 32km from lagos City when lagos was federal capital?
Lagos is now a city-city state - ikeja and lekki (phase 1) are all now part of lagos city. Who why mentioning ikeja and lekki as if they are different cities that are not part of lagos city. You should kuku add fadeyi, surulere, yaba, oyingbo, vi, ikoyi etc.
Hear it, this osogbo marabout - Lagos has never, is not and will never be part of SW. It's a British protectorate and former federal capital of Nigeria developed by the white man and igbos.

Don't mind these people please.

Imagine, some of them mentioning Ilesha, Ife, Owo etc as cities, towns(the right word should have been villages) that their bursting activities start and end around one road.
Ilesha- Adeti through the roundabout in front of their King's palace to Ife to Ilesha to Akure expressway.
Ife- I won't even say anything about that one, there is nothing city about that place aside the university there.
Owo- LoL, chai make I just ignore them.

1 Like

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by AllDModsAreMaad: 9:14pm On Nov 05, 2023
thatigboman:
just imagine the audacity of someone calling ilesa a city. A town that has only 1 road, one roundabout and 1 hotel.
And Ore that starts and ends at the lagos-benin expressway junction. Not to talk of very backward, very fetish rural osogbo.

LoL πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
Even the road in ilesha is one tiny lane o, infact I used to think Ore starts and ends at the expressway axis because once you turn away from that expressway and enter that tiny road that their governor has managed to renovate and improved, everywhere there becomes an underdeveloped rural area settings.

These people think people are igno rant and people don't travel like them.

Let them keep dec eiving themselves, the truth dey pain.

1 Like

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by 7upnigeria: 9:19pm On Nov 05, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

https://punchng.com/south-west-regional-railway-will-link-44-cities-dawn/

Good one but we need to use our brain as well Foreigners come here, make enough money and became billionaires because we have the infrastructure. They take the money to their countries while our own people are not benefitting much except to brag that we have railways and good infrastructure. Two things:

1. The money foreigners make here SHOULD STAY HERE IN THE SOUTH WEST through tax.

2. After they get taxed, it should be used to better the lives of South west indigenes.

You cant go to Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Israrl and see indigenes suffer in their country. Why should our own people suffer in the midst of plenty.

3 Likes

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by forgiveness: 9:23pm On Nov 05, 2023
thatigboman:
u are just an illiterate clown. My grandfather was developing lagos while your grandfather was farming cassava in owo.
Lagos is now a city-city state - ikeja and lekki (phase 1) are all now part of lagos city. Who why mentioning ikeja and lekki as if they are different cities that are not part of lagos city. You should kuku add fadeyi, surulere, yaba, oyingbo, vi, ikoyi etc.
Hear it, this osogbo marabout - Lagos has never, is not and will never be part of SW. It's a British protectorate and former federal capital of Nigeria developed by the white man and igbos.

Who was your grandfather in Lagos state? Nobody knows him but if I mention mine great grandfather here na everybody sabi am. grin

Your grandfather built bridges, roads, banks, street lights, ports, telephone, etc in 1890s? grin dey deceive yourself.

Whay is his name? grin

Oga, 32km or not, Ikeja was never part of Lagos until Lagos state was formed. So, because Arepo is just 40km from Eko, Arepo is now part of Lagos? Olodo rabata.

Ikeja, Lekki, Ikorodu, Epe are different from Eko though they are part of Lagos state. Learn mr man.

Eko now what you call Lagos composes of Lagos Island, V/I, Ikoyi while Surulere, Yaba were suburb of Lagos. Olodo rabata.

They deceive yourself there. Carry Lagos go join your village.

If white man developed Lagos na with ya money? grin

85% investment and properties in Lagos state are owned by the South Westerners. The rest belongs to the rest. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by forgiveness: 9:29pm On Nov 05, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

Just keep deceiving yourself, it is allowed.

Ilesa, a town with just one major road, i.e from adeti through the roundabout in front of their king's palace to the express is a city?

Ore, a town that all its bursting starts and stops at the Lagos-Ore-Benin axis is a city?

Mentioning Owo as a city is the height of dec eit to yourself.

Tell that to someone who has not been to these places.

This topic is is nothing but the usual media paparazzi you people are known for.

What is your definition of major road?

Every city has its strength. If that is Ore strength, does it stop grom being a city? grin

Owo is not a city, abi? grin the same Owo the present governor don turn to London. grin

You have not been there. Stop lying.

3 Likes

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by APCNig: 9:31pm On Nov 05, 2023
tollyboy5:

There is no regional project ongoing in southwest as we speak.
Even Lagos has not fully completed many project she intended to, embarking on a regional project is unrealistic. Not until Lagosians get 24hours electricity and 5 metro rails including 4rth mainland bridge. Any big project joining other southwest is a no and it wont stand grin .

Negativity is an incurable curse

1 Like

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by APCNig: 9:32pm On Nov 05, 2023
proeast:
Where are the cities? 44 slums you mean?

Yes, 44 slums where your brothers are slaving and your sisters are selling their bodies in hotels

4 Likes

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by 7upnigeria: 9:35pm On Nov 05, 2023
ILoveNG:
Nothing to hate here, but our frustrated brothers are still going to have something to say.

May God help our miserable brothers. it’s hard seeing them like this.

They're NOT our brothers.
Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by AllDModsAreMaad: 9:37pm On Nov 05, 2023
forgiveness:

What is your definition of major road?

Every city has its strength. If that is Ore strength, does it stop grom being a city? grin

Owo is not a city, abi? grin the same Owo the present governor don turn to London. grin

You have not been there. Stop lying.

Yes, there are certain standards a place must meet to be called a city.

Yes, Aketi has done quite a number of projects in Owo, the road dualization being the major project and that is prolly because that's his place but that doesn't in anyway give it a status of a city.

Do you even what a city is? Go and read up on that please.

I have not been there? LoL, abeg make we forget that part, you sef know sey you just dey cap with that statement.
Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by forgiveness: 9:44pm On Nov 05, 2023
thatigboman:
just imagine the audacity of someone calling ilesa a city. A town that has only 1 road, one roundabout and 1 hotel.
And Ore that starts and ends at the lagos-benin expressway junction. Not to talk of very backward, very fetish rural osogbo.

Ilesa has one hotel!? shocked why you dey lie?

Let me debunk Ilesa first.

Where are those 3 hotels? In your village? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by thatigboman: 9:48pm On Nov 05, 2023
forgiveness:

Who was your grandfather in Lagos state? Nobody knows him but if I mention mine great grandfather here na everybody sabi am. grin

Your grandfather built bridges, roads, banks, street lights, ports, telephone, etc in 1890s? grin dey deceive yourself.

Whay is his name? grin

Oga, 32km or not, Ikeja was never part of Lagos until Lagos state was formed. So, because Arepo is just 40km from Eko, Arepo is now part of Lagos? Olodo rabata.

Ikeja, Lekki, Ikorodu, Epe are different from Eko though they are part of Lagos state. Learn mr man.

Eko now what you call Lagos composes of Lagos Island, V/I, Ikoyi while Surulere, Yaba were suburb of Lagos. Olodo rabata.

They deceive yourself there. Carry Lagos go join your village.

If white man developed Lagos na with ya money? grin

85% investment and properties in Lagos state are owned by the South Westerners. The rest belongs to the rest. cheesy
u are just a troll. Name ur grandfather, let me name mine. Let's take it from there
Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by forgiveness: 9:57pm On Nov 05, 2023
thatigboman:
u are just a troll. Name ur grandfather, let me name mine. Let's take it from there

Was he in Lagos before 1891 not to talk of 1800? Let's take it from there. If not, he was nobody in Lagos. grin

3 Likes

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by drololaaof: 10:04pm On Nov 05, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

https://punchng.com/south-west-regional-railway-will-link-44-cities-dawn/
With all the story told the network is not mentioned.
It is a pity that some people kill WEMABOD estate, WNDPC etc.
Proceed from cocoa, palm oil and kernel with timber and other agricultural product were used to finance Western region
Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by Abbeytoy(m): 10:07pm On Nov 05, 2023
None of them spends anything less than 100 million to contest the election, and some people will want them to reject what they spent their life savings to get grin grin
Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by Tenshades(m): 10:09pm On Nov 05, 2023
thatigboman:
rural osogbo, ife and ilesa are cities? I pity u. U must have high fever. I don't blame u shaa, u reason as as much as ur brain can carry. Since you have stepped foot out of your rural owo and ore, how will u know what it takes to be a city?

If dem ask u for interview if osogbo na village or city, choose village.

Eranko.
Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by INDOMIE9090(f): 10:13pm On Nov 05, 2023
thatigboman:
that means your grandfather is a slave to people of Lagos.
Only slaves derived joy in developing other peoples land while neglecting his own to rotting.

indi slave d’or

3 Likes

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by forgiveness: 10:13pm On Nov 05, 2023
thatigboman:

Oshogbo is more developed than Umuahia and Abakaliki.

2 Likes

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by forgiveness: 10:16pm On Nov 05, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

Yes, there are certain standards a place must meet to be called a city.

Yes, Aketi has done quite a number of projects in Owo, the road dualization being the major project and that is prolly because that's his place but that doesn't in anyway give it a status of a city.

Do you even what a city is? Go and read up on that please.

I have not been there? LoL, abeg make we forget that part, you sef know sey you just dey cap with that statement.

Ilesa doesn't have major road. According to you, it is not a city. Now, Owo has major roads but not qualify to be a city. Which one you dey?

1 Like

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by Enemyofpeace: 10:23pm On Nov 05, 2023
Igbos will not be happy to read this. Development is a taboo in their region grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by Smartjeezy01(m): 11:28pm On Nov 05, 2023
South western states just laid 5G optic fibre cable to enhance the voice and data services all over the region. First of it kind in Nigeria and powered by odua investment. The installation was handled by ZTE and Mobitec in conjunction with Airtel africa. All the fibre optical cable will connect south western states to the under sea cable by globacom to the rest of the world. Odua investment are on big project to change the face of south western states. Some days ago in ibadan oyo state, a cargo train from lagos with hundreds of containers landed in Ibadan to boost the dry sea port initiative by south western states. Yorubas are very accommodating and friendly and some of my blodas has taken them for granted and cowards. I am pitying you guys, until some day when yoruba will show everyone his/her boundaries. Let enjoy their calmness and omoluwabi trait for now until they spoil our face because of all this littles boys(ewu) typing rubbish here. I love yoruba because they are the greatest and silent achievers! They are the ones holding the unity of this great nation together. Let be wise and respect our yoluba brothers because only God knows when the alarm go blow. Don't let chukwudi and ebuka 75000 android phones to cause problem for us that have businesses in south western states. Election have come and gone, let peace reign and let love leads.

1 Like

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by tunde1200(m): 12:09am On Nov 06, 2023
Ola9ja23:

We are not talking about killing and eating of human being or Monday sit at home as Ekpa slave πŸ€£πŸ˜€

We are talking about development from slum to metropolitan cities where your people will be obtaining Visa to visit and ride after escaping from Ekpa slavery πŸ˜€πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜€

Lol πŸ˜†
Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by tunde1200(m): 12:11am On Nov 06, 2023
Ola9ja23:

With this mindsets, I don't blame your governors in SadEast for sharing kerosene as dividends of democracy πŸ˜€πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ€£

You and your Bhiafuro shall remain stagnant and retrogressive till Jesus comes. Na so you will remain till Western will come and colonize you again πŸ€£πŸ˜€πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£

Amin
Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by thatigboman: 1:00am On Nov 06, 2023
forgiveness:

Oshogbo is more developed than Umuahia and Abakaliki.
joke of the century. Even nsukka, abiriba and arochukwu, ohaji egbeme, ekwulobia are all more developed than rural osogbo
Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by thatigboman: 1:02am On Nov 06, 2023
forgiveness:

Was he in Lagos before 1891 not to talk of 1800? Let's take it from there. If not, he was nobody in Lagos. grin
was ur grandfather born in 1891 or 1800? I say u are common troll
Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by yormezzy(m): 2:04am On Nov 06, 2023
Come and see Ondo road in akure anytime there's little rain everywhere on the road will be filled with water.... The potholes is an eyesore to watch so pathetic, I don't even see any good roads in the capital from oke aro, bypass, oda, igbatoro, ijoka, oke ijebu and so on.. So what this one is saying about akeredolu administration total failure
Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by wink2015(m): 3:59am On Nov 06, 2023
diggindeep:
More reason why NIGERIA should be divided into regions.

Let every region develop itself instead of using a particular regions wealth to develop one particular region.

From this article, Nigeria is actually better divided than one.

Thanks for stating facts.

1 Like

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by Rolings: 5:40am On Nov 06, 2023
tollyboy5:

There is no regional project ongoing in southwest as we speak.
Even Lagos has not fully completed many project she intended to, embarking on a regional project is unrealistic. Not until Lagosians get 24hours electricity and 5 metro rails including 4rth mainland bridge. Any big project joining other southwest is a no and it wont stand grin .

LAGOS that was begging for years to become member of Odua Group because it realised the importance and was only recently granted membership.
Odua already had a rail transport blueprint since Obj era but couldn't proceed due to the law that's why as the law has changed they now want to implement it.
The Security blueprint was what was used to set up Amotekun all over south west.....Lagos don't have Amotekun because they already have a robust security architecture that incorporated neighborhood watch and security agents.
Lagos has never been an integral part of Odua groups plans ......not even the ports in Lagos. Except maybe the large markets
With or without Lagos....Odua plans is going ahead

1 Like

Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by Olaideolayemi(m): 6:55am On Nov 06, 2023
The state government should work to the realization of the project in the south west region and other regions should work towards the goals,for the country to be great!!!
Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by forgiveness: 7:56am On Nov 06, 2023
thatigboman:
was ur grandfather born in 1891 or 1800? I say u are common troll

My great grandfather was born before then. Olodo rabata. Was your grandfather in Lagos that year? No way.
Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by forgiveness: 8:01am On Nov 06, 2023
thatigboman:
joke of the century. Even nsukka, abiriba and arochukwu, ohaji egbeme, ekwulobia are all more developed than rural osogbo

I lived in the SE for almost a decade and I was incharge of that region and SS hence traveled to all the state capital and some towns.

No single bridge in Umuahia. Nothing dey dere. Abakaliki is even better than Umuahia and all those aforementioned places above but it's behind Oshogbo.
Re: South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN by Antivirus92(m): 9:01am On Nov 06, 2023
forgiveness:

I lived in the SE for almost a decade and I was incharge of that region and SS hence traveled to all the state capital and some towns.

No single bridge in Umuahia. Nothing dey dere. Abakaliki is even better than Umuahia and all those aforementioned places above but it's behind Oshogbo.
do you just build bridge for building sake or do you build where it is needed?

Accept it, oshogbo is a slum like most villages in the south west. We have also lived in the South west.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Airways: A Peek Into Its Heydays / 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Obudu / Lady Overwhelmed With Gratitude As She, 16 Escape Death In Serious Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.