Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX (16931 Views)

CBN Probe: Emefiele’s Driver, 19 Apex Bank Officials Quizzed / Oshiomhole Talks About Tinubu's Soft Spot For Women's Empowerment (Video) / Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by dre11(m): 7:46am On Nov 06, 2023
CBN probe: Influential Nigerians seek Tinubu’s intervention for soft landing over $5bn FX misappropriation

As the Jim Obazee-led special investigative panel probing the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) wraps up its assignment, influential Nigerians fingered in various financial infractions are jostling to meet with President Bola Tinubu to secure a soft landing.

Top on the list are top importers, manufacturers and politically-exposed businessmen who are allegedly neck deep in foreign exchange round-tripping totalling over $5 billion.

It was gathered that presidential aides are blocking these persons from having access to Tinubu in order not to affect the investigation nor its outcome.

Reliable sources told Daily Sun that President Tinubu is not ready to listen because “he wants to cleanse the financial ecosystem and plant the economy on a success path.”

“Those fingered in any infractions will be made to face the full wrath of the law because there are no sacred cows. They’re part of the reasons the foreign exchange market is in disarray and efforts are ongoing to restore normalcy and confidence in the system.

“I know many of them are lobbying seriously to meet with President Tinubu to secure some sort of soft landing, including returning the FX and avoiding prosecution. The panel has uncovered a lot of things and many of these influential people are currently on the investigative dashboard of the panel. Their staff have been grilled and a lot has been uncovered. The full report will be ready any moment from now”, a source close to the panel told Daily Sun”.

It was also discovered that members of the investigative panel have been receiving threatening messages since they lifted the lid on various financial malfeasances of FX traffickers whose firms have also come under investigation.

In July, President Tinubu constituted a special investigative panel to probe the apex bank and other Government-owned businesses.

He directed the team to report directly to his office to insulate them from hurtful bureaucratic bottlenecks.

In September, the panel extended its dragnet to companies and establishments owned by top shots of the apex bank and board members.

While the companies were kept under wraps as investigations deepened, Daily Sun, however, gathered that some of them were believed to be used as conduits for anchor borrowers’ loans and foreign exchange rackets; as there are no commensurate investments on ground to justify the hefty facilities.

In the course of the investigation, former CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele and his deputies resigned and were replaced with a fresh team led by Dr. Yemi Cardoso.

In August, the apex bank released its Consolidated Financial Statements for the last seven years, making it the first time since 2015 that the apex bank will open its book available for public scrutiny.

https://sunnewsonline.com/cbn-probe-influential-nigerians-seek-tinubus-intervention-for-soft-landing-over-5bn-fx-misappropriation/

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by omodoagba(m): 7:48am On Nov 06, 2023
Cool

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by Racoon(m): 7:53am On Nov 06, 2023
And the EFCC, ICPC, NFIU, and NPF are still watching the body language of the figurehead up there before they act right?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by Therock5555(m): 7:54am On Nov 06, 2023
..I hope they'll come out and announce the saboteurs to the public?

Let's know who and who are the enemies of this country or some paddy of theirs are included, so they'll bring stories on how balablu became bulaba.

Anyone reading this, a special blessing awaits you this week.

No be me talk am oh, na mummy G.O send me.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by ImDStar: 7:54am On Nov 06, 2023
Nothing will happen to anybody.

You can't have the type of institutions Nigeria have and expect something better, it's the way it's.

It's not about prayer or wishing well, it's the reality on ground.

10 Likes

Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by laivwire(m): 7:54am On Nov 06, 2023
Buhari sunk the country's economy to new depths with his ineptitude and nonchalance to intricate economic matters leaving key decisions to his minions to do as they wish often times to their own benefit.

Tinubu seems to be more educated in these things. Change is also expected when administration switches, the skeletons of past administrations are brought to the open but this is a normal practice. Buhari also did his initial gragra with EFCC back then. Cbn is releasing records of past 7 years (Buhari's tenure wink)

I don't think Baba is a messiah and I rooted for a different candidate but I hope things get better.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by Kelvinofficial: 7:55am On Nov 06, 2023
Lol
Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by happney65: 7:55am On Nov 06, 2023
"He wants to cleanse the financial eco system" grin grin grin

It would be easier for my late grandmother,dead and buried since 2020 to wake up from the dead than for Tinubu to do any anti corruption fight. Infact corruption just gone higher to greater lengths.

P.S Did anybody notice the EFCC never arrested any of the immediate past Govornors who left office last May. First time such would be happening since EFCC was formed.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by YouAreNobody: 7:55am On Nov 06, 2023
Government of scammers, by scammers and for scammers

2 Likes

Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by Itisallright: 7:55am On Nov 06, 2023
Wahala no dey finish...
Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by princepeter566: 7:56am On Nov 06, 2023
No wonder dangote was giving press statement not long ago.

13 Likes

Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by Tvegas(m): 7:56am On Nov 06, 2023
We said it that the current destruction of the naira was not due to organic demand within the country rather its the work of the fx Cabal in the country. Nigerians are the enemy of Nigeria.

This country will work in my lifetime, may God give PBAT and all elected leaders the courage to sanitise the country.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by dalongjnr: 7:56am On Nov 06, 2023
Deal with the economic saboteurs!

7 Likes

Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by michlins(m): 7:57am On Nov 06, 2023
New week,new lamba

What can $5bn do in the forex market right now? Something one cartel can buy and starts to sell at inflated prices slowly. Problem $10bn couldn't solve, you want to solve it with 5bn

1 Like

Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by Chinjo2: 7:57am On Nov 06, 2023
I laugh at those who think anything good will come out of this investigation panel.
The best we can get is just the exposé.
Tinubu lacks the moral capacity to fight corruption.

8 Likes

Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by Yugoslavia247(m): 7:57am On Nov 06, 2023
The same tape they played in Buhari era.
Trying to paint Buhari as a man that fights corruption.
Now they want to make Tinubu look like a saint.

I believe them sha.
It is not like it would change anything if I don't.

A criminal is a criminal.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by Raxxye(m): 7:57am On Nov 06, 2023
Investigations always at the beginning of new administrations. Findings swept under the carpet except the culprits are in different political groupings and are unwilling to jump ship to the ruling party. Else, nothing else!

6 Likes

Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by Dubetex96(m): 7:57am On Nov 06, 2023
I blamed the Buffon that spear headed the leadership of this country for this economic sabotage.

The Dullard of kastina was busy giving dollar grants to his cronies and their business associate with impunity and nepotism.

Under him CBN witness high level of financial rascality that kept us in this rough economic woes

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by Emyson01(m): 7:58am On Nov 06, 2023
Same story. The sacred cows will always be preserved. They are only good at raiding unprotected Nigerians at night.

1 Like

Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by BluntCrazeMan: 7:59am On Nov 06, 2023
Well..

Tinubu fit give them the soft landing they seek shaa.
Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by Ola9ja23: 7:59am On Nov 06, 2023
Return all the gooddam thing looted before we can talk of soft or hard landing

2 Likes

Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by benuejosh: 7:59am On Nov 06, 2023
They will land like the private jet that flew the minister of power recently.

1 Like

Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by Obakoolex(m): 8:00am On Nov 06, 2023
undecided Nigeria has never seen the kind corruption that happened under Buhari regime before.
Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by Kukutente23: 8:00am On Nov 06, 2023
Lol
Na today?
happney65:

It would be easier for my late grandmother,dead and buried since 2020 to wake up from the dead than for Tinubu to do any anti corruption fight. Infact corruption just gone higher to greater lengths.

P.S Did anybody notice the EFCC never arrested any of the immediate past Govornors who left office last May. First time such would be happening since EFCC was formed.

You dey mind the yeye report planted by Tinubu propaganda machine?
Who are the importers? They should mention one, just one businessman who has been arrested or interrogated since Emefiele was arrested in June. Like someone said, all these stories are being planted just to give their Zombies something to hold body in their suffering and smiling mode.
Even the Emefiele was just moved to EFCC after DSS exhaust their cluelessness. I mean, it took them five months to know that DSS is not competent to handle economic and financial fraud matters!!
Who are the people running this country self?

If the Obazee report was really that groundbreaking, you'll have seen some people run away from this country by now. All the businessmen, former govs, ministers, SAs under Bubu are still in Nigeria living life as if nothing happened. That report is just a newspaper report. Quote me.
P.S. You can compare it with the Mueller probe in US and see how many people were already charged to court even before the probe was completed!!

2 Likes

Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by TruthsFM: 8:01am On Nov 06, 2023
The same type of influential Nigerians that has killed the economy. Hmm 🤔
Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by dfrost: 8:01am On Nov 06, 2023
Racoon:
And the EFCC, ICPC, NFIU, and NPF are still watching the body language of the figurehead up there before they act right?

Independent bodies acting dependently? 😝🤣
Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by Elliotwaveforec: 8:01am On Nov 06, 2023
The way Naira go strengthen e, Dollar hoarders go commit suicide. Make we dey watch!

5 Likes

Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by swaggerjack: 8:01am On Nov 06, 2023
happney65:

Nigeria under state capture of evil occultic men.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by bigdammyj: 8:02am On Nov 06, 2023
Noted.
Re: CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX by elujah1(m): 8:02am On Nov 06, 2023
happney65:

I don't support this government though, but all those arrested in the past, what came out of it?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kachikwu Ibe In Abu Dhabi For UAE Energy Forum / Fashola Laments Lagos-Ibadan/2nd Niger bridge Budget Cuts by NASS / Federal Government To Improve Remuneration For Teachers, Other Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.