Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial (16478 Views)

FG, Resist IMF’s Deadly Pills! - Daily Trust Editorial / Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial / Scandalous Brawl In The Villa: Daily Trust Editorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by DaddyJapan(m): 1:24pm On Nov 06, 2023
Racoon:
Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema

https://dailytrust.com/tinubu-learn-from-zambian-president-hichilema/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1699229962

While I understand the larger import of this post - since even a broken record has some uses - it is worth noting that Hichilema himself is quite unpopular at home. This I have on good authority from my people in the Zed cool

Deprived of greater understanding of the local context, discussed below, many Africans consequently measure Hichilema against what they are grappling with in their own countries. In other words, the strength of Zambia’s democracy and the state of its economy have barely improved under Hichilema, but the situation is so bad elsewhere that outsiders, peering in from a distance, look to Lusaka with uncritical admiration.

If much of Africa is saturated with ineffective leaders, Hichilema is considered better because he occupies a spot a long way down this inglorious list.

The second reason behind Hichilema’s positive image abroad is that he positions himself to be flattered by the West, often at Zambia’s expense. One of the most concerning and longstanding weaknesses of many African leaders is their craving for approval by the United States and Europe.

In Hichilema’s case, this repulsive obsession appears to be incurable. He has a particular weakness for praise — especially if it comes from white South Africans, Europeans and Americans, who consequently, do not have to work hard to make him feel that he is one of them. It is a psyche that Western countries have exploited to effortlessly recruit him as “a useful idiot” who can help them secure their strategic interests in security, energy and mining, and counter the growing influence of China and Russia in Zambia

Source: https://mg.co.za/thoughtleader/opinion/2022-12-18-why-zambias-president-is-popular-abroad-but-a-disappointment-at-home/

Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by dappydozzy(m): 1:28pm On Nov 06, 2023
AbuTwins:
Zambia no be Nigeria!

Election don finish as Obi no enter na to continue dey antagonise Tinubu!

Zambia no be Nigeria !! You guys think and live in a fool paradise. So what are we exporting in Nigeria. There are far more better african countries in terms of GDP, financial inclusion, tech. development etc. By the time, this country is finished, by this political class, you will know what's up.
Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by siaco(m): 1:31pm On Nov 06, 2023
Racoon:
Sarrki, Afamed, Omenka, Seunmsg, Mannabbqgrillls, Nlpolicewoman, NgeneUkwenu

All these ones you tagged don't have sense anymore, their brains have replaced with agbado.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by siaco(m): 1:34pm On Nov 06, 2023
AbuTwins:
Zambia no be Nigeria!

One zombie decteted
Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by Exceed15: 1:39pm On Nov 06, 2023
And he used " let the poor breathe" to deceive his useless APC supporters. Who is suffocating Nigerians now ?
Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by reddingtonblack: 2:02pm On Nov 06, 2023
NOwazobia:
Na dem go complain say money no dey, na dem go still wan sustain their wasteful unproductive life with try the slightest to make sacrifice for the sit they occupy.

Citizens should make sacrifices, while officials sustain and increase their opulent lifestyle. undecided

Asin undecided sometimes i wonder if they have listen to themselves.

Nigerians should tighten there belt for more hardship and suffering whereas they are not even ready to manage a 2022 SUV, ordinary 2004 corolla Nigerians can't buy without advance loan

If Nigeria will ever get better Nigerians have to do more than just "REACTIONs"

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by Princedapace(m): 2:07pm On Nov 06, 2023
themanderon:
So long as Nigerians don't protest the wrongdoings of these criminals in power they will never stop. How can they claim Nigeria is broke and cannot pay salaries and that people should endure while they use the "little cash" in their own crude lies to live ostentatious lifestyles?
.....Only the violent taketh it by force......So long as Nigerians did not protest the daylight robbery by Inec in the last sham elections these rogues will never stop. APC has destroyed everything they have touched and if Nigerians don't resort to begging to live they will never stop.
This is what I have been saying! No labour Union to mount pressure on the politicians, the opposition is already dead and cant even lead protests.
These are what the opposition parties can use to match for changes and turn around. In other countries, opposition helps drive govt accountability! But here, each election, they just go home to relax.
Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by Greattha: 2:12pm On Nov 06, 2023
Waste of saliva, ink and time.

Their dumb supporters will call you wailers while they still go ahead with their frivolities despite the outcry...

Cos they know "nothing will happen"
Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by Bravepenis: 2:22pm On Nov 06, 2023
The state we are in today is as the results of evil implants from the older generation, 99.9% of Nigerian irredeemable and will waylay any progressive agenda to sail the nation.
Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by FRANKOSKI(m): 3:37pm On Nov 06, 2023
Racoon:

https://dailytrust.com/tinubu-learn-from-zambian-president-hichilema/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1699229962

I HEARD THAT NIGERIA IS GONE AND NOW I'M BELIEVING IT SERIOUSLY .
Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by naturefellow(m): 4:15pm On Nov 06, 2023
Templarlandry denreledave N3TRAL helinues seunmsg moh247 duro4change LeoDeKing mannabbqgrils freestuffsng

You'd never see the corn-fed poultry on this thread.
Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by naturefellow(m): 4:17pm On Nov 06, 2023
Greattha:
Waste of saliva, ink and time.

Their dumb supporters will call you wailers while they still go ahead with their frivolities despite the outcry...

Cos they know "nothing will happen"
speaking the truth to debunk lies and deception is not waste of time.
Eventually light overcomes darkness, like dawn comes after night.
Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by ican2020: 4:51pm On Nov 06, 2023
Asking someone who is very arrogant to learn
Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by Crafteck1: 5:47pm On Nov 06, 2023
AbuTwins:

It's less than the 2500 I posted earlier.

20K for typhoid fever?
Chai!

The Plasmodium species and the Salmonella Typhi/Paratyphi disturbing you are rich man type!

Augmetin
Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by Tyktoker: 7:04pm On Nov 06, 2023
Whenever tinubu tell Nigerians to commit sacrifices for a better Nigeria what he always meant was "go and commit suicide for all I care". He worked hard in the Nigeria parlance of 419 to get here. Na you give am the format? Na him time to route all the money to his dynasty!
Racoon:

Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by Snapdrag0n: 7:28pm On Nov 06, 2023
Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by surgical: 7:31pm On Nov 06, 2023
successmatters:
You cannot give what you don't have.

The certificate forger is habitually bad.
He is in fact a sqaundermania ,a very reckless spender
Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by Snapdrag0n: 7:32pm On Nov 06, 2023
Please stop mentioning zambia in your rubbish expression. First the country GDP is like annual Lagos budget, not even Nigeria's entirely but their currency is strong.

Secondly the country is having steady light as it's in Europe. Most white people even South Africans are now leaving their country to settle there. UBA, access bank, dangote and other Naija companies are now on ground making cool Kwacha.

Thirdly the city of Lusaka is like Lagos night life and no crime, reason you see lots of white people even at night both Muslims and Christians walking with their kids, wife into shops and no one dare to kidnap them. When it comes to peace, zambia is on top. When last did you see a white lady, kid or man in street of your state? They've gone hiding because of kidnapping (insecurity).

Lastly, they respect their people. The system is not corrupt like Nigeria were people in the so call NEPA office will wickedly cease to give light just because they need their cuts. So every effort by the government seems abortive.. Naija too corrupt and with wicked souls.

Most of our professors, lecturers are now Teaching there because the currency is 50times higher than naira and the walfare is great.

I'll advise Nigerians to migrate to zambia if you can't afford Europe, use that money and start a business in Zambia and under 6month if you don't make it big time more than your friends in UK and USA, call me names. After making your money, 2yrs return and bring your wife and children, if need be and you're not married, look for zambia lady who's figures are like those in South Africa and marry. They love Nigerians and they're beautiful.

How did I know all these? My gf is a zambian and my uncle is Dean school of medicine at Mulungushi University, teaching pharmacology. Recently her daughter finish Alevel from JUPEB, and he invited her over. She's doing third year now.
For information and link to get invited, visa, more information or who to get InTouch. WhatsApp+260968576635
Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by newoffer: 7:54pm On Nov 06, 2023
Shebi una like shege. When dem ask una to come for 1 derica of rice una go rush 440 to go collect. These guys don't mean well for anybody.
Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by Caleb15(m): 8:13pm On Nov 06, 2023
"Hardtackers tack harder"
Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by AbuTwins: 10:52pm On Nov 06, 2023
Crafteck1:

Augmetin

I Sabi am. I don use am for leg infection about 6 years ago.

It's Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid!

But na rich man medicine now o!

Na cheaper substitute person dey look for now!
Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by Crafteck1: 11:43pm On Nov 06, 2023
AbuTwins:

I Sabi am. I don use am for leg infection about 6 years ago.

It's Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid!

But na rich man medicine now o!

Na cheaper substitute person dey look for now!

Exactly, but those are less effective, rocephin too, that injection saved lots of lives including mine, used to cost 3k,now its probably above 10k...one daily for 6 days..
Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by Dybala11(m): 2:31am On Nov 07, 2023
AbuTwins:
Zambia no be Nigeria!

And you think that a call for our politicians to do better should stop because of a particular candidate??
This is a silly comment from you sir, even if it is Peter Obi that is doing this rubbish hin go still chop insult and opposition from well meaning Nigerians.
Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by Dybala11(m): 2:33am On Nov 07, 2023
dinero101:

It's under Tinubu's regime that we got to find out that Soldiers are not federal govt staff o.. because no #35k anywhere o..
So soldiers are under the civil service commission abi?
Dey play.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by Greattha: 3:37am On Nov 07, 2023
naturefellow:
speaking the truth to debunk lies and deception is not waste of time.
Eventually light overcomes darkness, like dawn comes after night.

Lets hope they dissapoint critics by doing the right thing.

Even though "truth" and "debunking of lies" have become subjective in Nigeria

Everyone claims to know the truth and debunk lies while calling anyone who isn't in their camp the liar.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by awoluyi(m): 5:30am On Nov 07, 2023
I believe that after this extravagant spending, poor Nigerians will be in better position to BREATHE.
Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by Splashme: 6:14am On Nov 07, 2023
Sad
Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by Olaideolayemi(m): 6:29am On Nov 07, 2023
Daily trust anslysis is based on weak economic policy,not strong economic policy, buying luxury item in govt doesn't equivalent to economic growth and development,Daily trust fail to analyze the effect on the economy and the standard of living of people's.. When economy is strong,Govt can spend huge fund on asset for running the activities of govt,but all cost of running governance will be managed to show impact,not just for luxury purposes!!!
Re: Tinubu: Learn From Zambian President Hichilema - Daily Trust Editorial by naturefellow(m): 9:27am On Nov 07, 2023
Greattha:

Lets hope they dissapoint critics by doing the right thing.

Even though "truth" and "debunking of lies" have become subjective in Nigeria

Everyone claims to know the truth and debunk lies while calling anyone who isn't in their camp the liar
That's how low in morality and unintelligent we've come as a people.

Truth is universal, indisputable!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency / 'Free Sheikh Zakzaky' Rally In Katsina (Photos) / Brother Of Lt. Col. Umusu Killed By Boko Haram Writes Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.