Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day (17812 Views)

Can This Happen At Nigerian Embassies? / Immigration To Issue Passports In 774 Lgas, Says Aregbesola / Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by kapelvej: 3:38pm On Nov 06, 2023
Also in Sweden, same day for renewal
Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by nurex01(m): 3:39pm On Nov 06, 2023
Good.
Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by Shikena(m): 3:39pm On Nov 06, 2023
Should be noted that it was not a busy embassy at all (not sure of today) but that's not the issue being discussed.

1 Like

Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by obailala(m): 3:44pm On Nov 06, 2023
The embassy at Brasilia is obviously not a busy embassy.

1 Like

Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by Maureenben: 3:49pm On Nov 06, 2023
Yes I got my Mexico 🇲🇽 visa same day 💕💕I was interviewed by 12 and they asked me if i can wait till 3pm to pick up my visa in Abj because i told them am going back owerri tomorrow for my work with 8.am flight and they pleaded with me to wait to get my visa which i left and came back 4pm and collected it💕

2 Likes

Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by Afamed: 3:51pm On Nov 06, 2023
Good, the way you see these children of bitterness and hate talk down on Nigeria.

The irony of it all, most of them have never traveled outside their villages to know the happenings around the globe.

The bitter children are always the one to talk down on the country

1 Like

Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by Wizygreat12: 3:53pm On Nov 06, 2023
Me shall i pay 520euro that is naira then is 600k as last month to get my is call express 3days the passport is out and was send to me by my address here in italy grin grin grin
Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by finallybusy: 3:54pm On Nov 06, 2023
Sukkot?

I learned a broken clock is correct twice a day. I always mistook the saying for “an incorrect clock.” It finally makes sense to me.

1 Like

Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by rickleye: 3:54pm On Nov 06, 2023
ramalot:
I saw a thread on the front page a few days ago, titled "Can This Happen At Nigerian Embassies?"

The thread had a pic depicting a lady's social media post about getting an emergency US passport in a few hours, at a US embassy.
In that thread, the overarching sentiment of posts was - that could never happen at a Nigerian embassy.

Well, the definitive answer is.. YES, it can and it does.
I know this, because I did it only 3 months ago. A standard Nigerian passport renewal, not an emergency passport like thaty lady got.
And no, I'm not talking about any "back doors" or "greasing" any palms.

I responded in that thread, but felt it's also relevant to emphasize it in detail in a new thread. Nigeria is incredibly incompetent at most things, but once in a while, something works. As they say, even a broken clock is correct once a day.

Just for context, I travel with a US passport, but use my Nigerian passport when going to Nigeria, or some African countries.
I've renewed my US and Nigerian passports in multiple countries (as I travel quite a bit), so I've had some experience with both.

From the screenshot in that previous thread, it's clear the lady was NOT in the US when she got the emergency passport. In the US, we don't go to an "embassy" to get a passport, as "US embassies" don't exist in... the US. The emergency passport is no big deal and comes with only 5 or 6 pages, so you still need a standard renewal when you get home.

Also, the current estimated time for a US passport within the US is 11 weeks, and the "rush" service is 5-7 weeks. There has been a lot of passport backlog, similar to the situation in Nigeria, but it's a bit better now, I believe. I renewed my US passport in Argentina last year, and got it in about 2 weeks.

Anyway, I went to Brasilia, Brazil 3 months ago, to renew my Nigerian passport, as that was the only passport-issuing location in the region I was traveling. I first visited the Nigerian embassy in Argentina and was told they don't produce passports, but I could get it in Brazil on the same day. I was very skeptical of that information, because... Nigeria.

As it turns out, the entire process from getting there, to receiving my new passport was a few hours. It wasn't some emergency passport either. It was a standard passport. I paid online > booked an appointment > went there. Paid an administrative fee > did the capturing and walked out with my new passport all in 2-3 hours. I was literally the only person being attended to at the Nigerian embassy, though. It was empty, except about 4-6 embassy staff I saw. The guy who attended to me was also very polite and professional (something lacking in most Nigerian operations).

So, not only can you get your international passport at a Nigerian embassy in a few hours, it's a permanent passport - not an emergency one. Shout out to the Nigerian embassy in Brasilia, Brazil. The embassy in New York is a different story. Took me many months and headaches to renew there, in 2017.

The attached image is from a video I took outside the Nigerian embassy, in Brazil.

Glad to know that miracles do happen.
Just the case for 1 out of 196 countries Nigeria has its presence
Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by mickells(m): 4:03pm On Nov 06, 2023
In South Korea, you can get it the same day as well.

2 Likes

Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by Eniitankorede: 4:16pm On Nov 06, 2023
Chetas81:
ONLY IF THE FRAUDULENT MENTALITY IS NO MORE

Most Nigerians commit fraud. That’s where national rebirth should start. Government is made up of Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by Sleekfingers: 4:27pm On Nov 06, 2023
academySteps:
Hello guys please I’ve stayed in Europe for 3 years and I will renew my passport in 2025. Is it possible to change my date of birth if I want to renew it again ? Like I want to make a correction in the year . Is it possible to do it and can I renew it in any European countries that people normally renew thier passports

Na for Abuja be that o.
Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by lexy2014: 4:41pm On Nov 06, 2023
ramalot:
I saw a thread on the front page a few days ago, titled "Can This Happen At Nigerian Embassies?"

The thread had a pic depicting a lady's social media post about getting an emergency US passport in a few hours, at a US embassy.
In that thread, the overarching sentiment of posts was - that could never happen at a Nigerian embassy.

I know this, because I did it only 3 months ago. A standard Nigerian passport renewal, not an emergency passport like thaty lady got.

I responded in that thread, but felt it's also relevant to emphasize it in detail in a new thread. Nigeria is incredibly incompetent at most things, but once in a while, something works. As they say, even a broken clock is correct once a day.

Just for context, I travel with a US passport, but use my Nigerian passport when going to Nigeria, or some African countries.
I've renewed my US and Nigerian passports in multiple countries (as I travel quite a bit), so I've had some experience with both.

From the screenshot in that previous thread, it's clear the lady was NOT in the US when she got the emergency passport. In the US, we don't go to an "embassy" to get a passport, as "US embassies" don't exist in... the US. The emergency passport is no big deal and comes with only 5 or 6 pages, so you still need a standard renewal when you get home.

Also, the current estimated time for a US passport within the US is 11 weeks, and the "rush" service is 5-7 weeks. There has been a lot of passport backlog, similar to the situation in Nigeria, but it's a bit better now, I believe. I renewed my US passport in Argentina last year, and got it in about 2 weeks.

Anyway, I went to Brasilia, Brazil 3 months ago, to renew my Nigerian passport, as that was the only passport-issuing location in the region I was traveling. I first visited the Nigerian embassy in Argentina and was told they don't produce passports, but I could get it in Brazil on the same day. I was very skeptical of that information, because... Nigeria.

As it turns out, the entire process from getting there, to receiving my new passport was a few hours. It wasn't some emergency passport either. It was a standard passport. I paid online > booked an appointment > went there. Paid an administrative fee > did the capturing and walked out with my new passport all in 2-3 hours. I was literally the only person being attended to at the Nigerian embassy, though. It was empty, except about 4-6 embassy staff I saw. The guy who attended to me was also very polite and professional (something lacking in most Nigerian operations).

So, not only can you get your international passport at a Nigerian embassy in a few hours, it's a permanent passport - not an emergency one. Shout out to the Nigerian embassy in Brasilia, Brazil. The embassy in New York is a different story. Took me many months and headaches to renew there, in 2017.

The attached image is from a video I took outside the Nigerian embassy, in Brazil.
where is the video?
Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by Image123(m): 5:00pm On Nov 06, 2023
You forgot to inform us of the amount you paid and the number of Nigerians that come to this embassy daily or weekly on average.
Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by GreaterFuture(m): 5:13pm On Nov 06, 2023
ramalot:

How much did you pay?
Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by u3fine(m): 5:14pm On Nov 06, 2023
My colleague in Vietnam travelled to Malaysia on the 25th of September to renew her passport and collected it same day.
NB: You must have made payment online and obtain introduction letter from the Nigerian Embassy in Vietnam after which a date for capturing will be scheduled for you to come and capture and collect same day.
Kudos to the Nigerian Embassy in Hanoi

2 Likes

Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by optimusprime2(m): 5:17pm On Nov 06, 2023
academySteps:
Hello guys please I’ve stayed in Europe for 3 years and I will renew my passport in 2025. Is it possible to change my date of birth if I want to renew it again ? Like I want to make a correction in the year . Is it possible to do it and can I renew it in any European countries that people normally renew thier passports

Yes it is possible! and Yes you can!
If your president did it in the US, why can't you?
Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by Calitoscassius(m): 5:32pm On Nov 06, 2023
Tonymegabush1:
Please Nigerians in the UK what support do the Nigerian embassy in the UK offer its citizen who resides in the UK?
Non, nada! Zilch!
Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by Calitoscassius(m): 5:33pm On Nov 06, 2023
How can one confirn this lie?
Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by Calitoscassius(m): 5:41pm On Nov 06, 2023
academySteps:
No! You have to go back to Naigeria and start making amendments on your passport. Why would you wanna change your date of birth? Were you not born the day you claimed you were? What about your finger print that has already being taken? grin people cannot go about about changing their date of births, unless for fraudulent reasons. That is to say you are not who you claimed you are. Even if you managed to change it which is impossible, your finger prints still remains the same.

1 Like

Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by Bhol28: 5:51pm On Nov 06, 2023
Even here in Nigeria it is happening,a friend travelled to a passport issuing office outside lagos state and came back with the passport same day,but not possible in Lagos,Abuja and other very busy passport offices, he paid, snapped same day and got the passport
Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by chukxie(m): 6:02pm On Nov 06, 2023
At the Nigerian embassy in Beijing, the renewal and issuance of new passports are done within a day! The Nigerian embassy in Beijing is the best in the world in that regard. Respect!

1 Like

Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by shotuns: 6:14pm On Nov 06, 2023
Nigerian Embassy Beijing. same day collection. Fill your form online, submit and make payment online print out to be submitted physically at the embassy, both morning and ab7fternoon session same day collection.

1 Like

Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by 1Dray(m): 6:21pm On Nov 06, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Some people who claim to love Nigeria will be sad, angry and heartbroken because of the OP post.

You mind is blinded with hate.
Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by Judybash93(m): 6:44pm On Nov 06, 2023
It's the same in Beijing. You'd get your passport the same day you apply.

1 Like

Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by Tonymegabush1(m): 6:52pm On Nov 06, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Non, nada! Zilch!

Really? So even in case of emergency or distress they no send us over there
Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by donogaga(m): 8:34pm On Nov 06, 2023
ramalot:

Quite impressive.

Could you please send me the address of the Naija Embassy in Brazil?
Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by ramalot(m): 9:27pm On Nov 06, 2023
donogaga:

Quite impressive.

Could you please send me the address of the Naija Embassy in Brazil?

It's at Lote 5, SEN Av das Nacoes, 70800 - 400. Asa Norte, Brasilia

Their number is +55 61 2106-0050
Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by frostmate2: 10:37pm On Nov 06, 2023
Yes its true. Nigerian Embassy Abu Dhabi within few minutes some years back

1 Like

Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by Akeem79(m): 12:36am On Nov 07, 2023
chukxie:
At the Nigerian embassy in Beijing, the renewal and issuance of new passports are done within a day! The Nigerian embassy in Beijing is the best in the world that regard. Respect!

Do you know anybody there ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by goody234: 2:26am On Nov 07, 2023
just travel with your expired passport to nigeria until they get their act together
Re: Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day by donogaga(m): 11:10am On Nov 07, 2023
ramalot:

It's at Lote 5, SEN Av das Nacoes, 70800 - 400. Asa Norte, Brasilia

Their number is +55 61 2106-0050

Thanks boss.

I want to go for holiday in Brasil, I will use the opportunity to get a new passport there since I can get it same day. That makes sense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South Africa Visa Application Delay / Photos: Sandton City (near Jo´burg) In South Africa / Malta Visa Requirements Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.