Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) (5032 Views)

An Aerial View From Chicago State University / Bigger Cargoes To Berth At Onitsha Port Soon – FG / Please What's Tinubu Doing In This Picture? (pic Included) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) by XerXers: 7:20pm On Nov 06, 2023
nedu666:

Rubbish. When lekki sea port was commissioned we all saw the pictures on Nairaland, you did not accuse Yorubas of being loud

When lagos train was commissioned we all saw pictures on Nairaland you did not accuse Yorubas of being loud

Same thing with first container to Ibadan, bridge commissioned by sango, ordinary two electric bus, we all saw pictures.

But because of containers in the east, you say lgbos are too loud.

Oga we like loud and if you don't like it, use a rope or jump inside lagoon
How these phools think they will set standards on how Igbos should live their lives baffles me.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) by IkeIgboNiile(m): 7:24pm On Nov 06, 2023
OmoFiditi
Some Ibos are too loud and it attracts too much hate to the tribe..
Why can't some of you just quietly build without making noise and gathering more enemies?

Use your head sometimes, use wisdom.

When I was doing my PhD, less than 1% of my acquaintances knew, when I finished, the thing shocked many. I got my PhD at 28.
Loudness no be 'wiseness'.

"Wiseness" Osogbo PhD 🤣🤣
Re: Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) by Housing(m): 8:25pm On Nov 06, 2023
Racoon:
Develop the port there and see the Lagos port crumble. The port have been waiting for dregging but government have been foot dragging.

Available data from people in the business says otherwise. Check number of containers going to South East from Apapa it is fourth in terms of percentage while 30% are destined to South West with Lagos as destination for 60%. North West is came second with 23% followed by South South with Port Harcourt and Edo States having the highest of those trucks destinations.

A simple request on Truckers platform will cure your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) by proeast(m): 8:43pm On Nov 06, 2023
Most of you from the SW talk like illiterates. You talked about available data but instead of providing the so-called available data, you decided to pull numbers from your anus.

Federal government agencies like NIWA has reported that most containers are destined for the SE, particularly Onitsha and Aba. Even common sense will tell you that most importers in Nigeria are based in Onitsha, Lagos and Aba. But here you are saying that NW, SW, & SS receives more imports. Even SS relies on Aba and Onitsha for most of their goods.

Hate has made you completely bereft of common sense.

Spits!

Housing:

Available data from people in the business says otherwise. Check number of containers going to South East from Apapa it is fourth in terms of percentage while 30% are destined to South West with Lagos as destination for 60%. North West is came second with 23% followed by South South with Port Harcourt and Edo States having the highest of those trucks destinations.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) by igwebuike01: 8:54pm On Nov 06, 2023
Housing:

Available data that you couldn't make available? Just allocating numbers pulled from your as.s

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) by igwebuike01: 8:55pm On Nov 06, 2023
proeast:
Most of you from the SW talk like illiterates. You talked about available data but instead of providing the so-called available data, you decided to pull numbers from your anus.

Federal government agencies like NIWA has reported that most containers are destined for the SE, particularly Onitsha and Aba. Even common sense will tell you that most importers in Nigeria are based in Onitsha, Lagos and Aba. But here you are saying that NW, SW, & SS receives more imports. Even SS relies on Aba and Onitsha for most of their goods.

Spits!

Even Eastern yorubaland like Ondo rely on Onitsha

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) by colonelwealth(m): 10:01pm On Nov 06, 2023
OmoFiditi:
Why can't some of you just quietly build without making noise and gathering more enemies?

When I was doing my PhD, less than 1% of my acquaintances knew, when I finished, the thing shocked many. I got my PhD at 28.

I actually endorse this message of your too 85%.
Most Igbos have to learn to be quiet while building things in progress or be less vocal.
I understand the need to tell oe's own stories to avoid another telling it in a mixed up way but it is also wisdom to avoid much exposure to avoid unnecessary haters/hatred/sabotage.
Re: Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) by Lovemeharder(f): 3:39am On Nov 07, 2023
Beautiful!
Re: Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) by Typing: 5:15am On Nov 07, 2023
OmoFiditi:

Igbo and Chest beating are like rice and beans grin

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) by Bridget95(f): 5:51am On Nov 07, 2023
OmoFiditi:

You yorubas always want the Igbos to be silent and none existent. You always shout onto of your voice that igbos are loud. What is wrong in being expressive of one's success. There is freedom of expression in our constitution but yorubas always want the Igbo man to be quiet and down in pains. Are you guys enemies of progress?

What's the relationship between the topic and your so- called PHD without anything to show for it. Get a life

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) by Bridget95(f): 5:55am On Nov 07, 2023
colonelwealth:

Most Igbos have to learn to be quiet while building things in progress or be less vocal.
I understand the need to tell oe's own stories to avoid another telling it in a mixed up way but it is also wisdom to avoid much exposure to avoid unnecessary haters/hatred/sabotage.
stop talking nonsense. What do you mean by vocal? Are we in another country? Who doesn't know about the port in onitsha,is it news that most containers head there?
Re: Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) by DonHummer(m): 7:08am On Nov 07, 2023
OmoFiditi:

you are quite right, a lot of kids on this forum just don’t know how to cordinate. Igbos weren’t known for such attributes before but in recent times things changed with these our younger generation with their abuse of social media
Re: Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) by 2elliot: 7:18am On Nov 07, 2023
OmoFiditi:

You are an slowpoke.
Re: Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) by 2elliot: 7:21am On Nov 07, 2023
DonHummer:
you are quite right, a lot of kids on this forum just don’t know how to cordinate. Igbos weren’t known for such attributes before but in recent times things changed with these our younger generation with their abuse of social media
Mumu
Re: Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) by 2elliot: 7:24am On Nov 07, 2023
colonelwealth:

Shove your opinion in your ass
Re: Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) by 2elliot: 7:30am On Nov 07, 2023
OmoFiditi:

I have made more pro-Ibo posts on NL than you. Check my post history.

Truth must be said.

Even Americans and Russians are silent about their capabilities most times. That's why they send spies to each other's territory to evaluate the enemy's true strengths.

But with some loudmouthed Ibos, their enemies don't need spies, they will open their mouths and spill all details online.. Not a virtue.

Silence is a powerful tool in the art of war and survival..
You be mumu. America and Russia that boast of their military capabilities every eke market days are the people you say that they do not boast? Is it not america that just announce that they are working on a new and more powerful misile just recently? You are just hating for nothing.
Re: Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) by kettykin: 7:36am On Nov 07, 2023
The same people hyping Lagos as the best thing happen to mankind and opening threatening igbo merchants with market closure and revocation of certificates of occupancy suddenly want igbos not to highlight the rapid traction of onitsha port, ife na eme.

I only pity gullible igbos , is it not the awareness of the onitsha port that will draw igbos away from Lagos to the east
Re: Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) by pandax: 8:19am On Nov 07, 2023
OmoFiditi:

Ever wondered why Igbos are good in Business?; being loud is also a marketing strategy . Igbos will surely do better as an Independent state with a common language that is not strictly English Language.

The parochial ethnocentrism of some Nigeria tribes will not allow Igbos and indeed other Nigerians to attain their full potential. Restructure or Split the damn suffocating Nations!
Re: Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) by igwebuike01: 9:21am On Nov 07, 2023
kettykin:

The same people hyping Lagos as the best thing happen to mankind and opening threatening igbo merchants with market closure and revocation of certificates of occupancy suddenly want igbos not to highlight the rapid traction of onitsha port, ife na eme.

I only pity gullible igbos , is it not the awareness of the onitsha port that will draw igbos away from Lagos to the east
This thread is actually to make a case for a second port, possibly downstream around Ogbaru. Haters can go and die
Re: Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) by sltn(m): 10:43am On Nov 07, 2023
proeast:

Spits!

SE SS depent on lagos, most goods from SS comes from lagos. even onitsha aba owerri get goods from PH. but when it comes to importing finish product or wine etc direct from asia or america SE lead.
Re: Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) by sltn(m): 10:45am On Nov 07, 2023
igwebuike01:
Even Eastern yorubaland like Ondo rely on Onitsha
big LIE!
Re: Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) by igwebuike01: 10:52am On Nov 07, 2023
sltn:
SE SS depent on lagos, most goods from SS comes from lagos. even onitsha aba owerri get goods from PH. but when it comes to importing finish product or wine etc direct from asia or america SE lead.
Get which goods from pH? Maybe to get the containers. Onitsha and Aba have the importers. If you are familiar with that area you will know that containers imported via pH ends up in Aba and pH traders come to Aba to buy it. Aba is more industrialized than pH by far. Oil is the only advantage in PH. Consumer goods produced in Aba or imported by Aba traders feed PH
I was travelling from Onitsha to warri the other day. Goods heading from Onitsha to warri filled the bus
Re: Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) by igwebuike01: 10:55am On Nov 07, 2023
sltn:
big LIE!
It's obvious yoruba people don't understand Nigeria at all. You need to travel more. Ondo and Ekiti get goods from Onitsha more than Lagos. Remember that these movement of goods are controlled by Igbo traders
Re: Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) by sltn(m): 10:56am On Nov 07, 2023
igwebuike01:

Get which goods from pH? Maybe to get the containers. Onitsha and Aba have the importers. If you are familiar with that area you will know that containers imported via pH ends up in Aba and pH traders come to Aba to buy it
bro am a trucker. Those containers coming from onne port(PH) to onitsha ARE FROM LAGOS fact!! through sea that's direct from apapa or tin can.
Re: Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) by igwebuike01: 11:00am On Nov 07, 2023
sltn:
bro am a trucker. Those containers coming from onne port(PH) to onitsha ARE FROM LAGOS fact!! through sea that's direct from apapa or tin can.
Are we not saying the same thing? The final destination of the containers is the main point here
With this River Port the barges sail the Onitsha instead of PH

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) by Ttipsy(f): 11:00am On Nov 07, 2023
sltn:
so onne Port still don’t get good imported from foreign

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Godswill Akpabio An Independent View Of Akwa Ibom State / How Dasuki Arrested Buhari In 1985 & Destroyed His 1st Marriage (PHOTOS) / El Rufai Struck By Mysterious Illness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.