Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job (15480 Views)

How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? / Car Driving On Three Wheels In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Driver Gets Ticket Dismissed After Driving On Autopilot With Feet Out Of Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by CaptainFM1: 3:51pm On Nov 07, 2023
Imagine your pilot learnt how to fly planes on youtube.
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by virginchaser(m): 3:59pm On Nov 07, 2023
havecycle:
Who else have used online resources to professionalize on driving before?

You are good to go. Let someone take you to a lonely road on Sunday to have a feel of the road and remove fear. Also, sturdy road signs, always have a guess stop at every junction before you enter the road. Follow universal driving codes and not copy from your local road users because many knows how to move vehicles but aren't good drivers. Never you feel like a professional. It takes one incident to mess up twenty years experience. Good luck.
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by jojothaiv(m): 4:26pm On Nov 07, 2023
This thread dey muzz me aje.

😂😂😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by LZAA: 4:29pm On Nov 07, 2023
Honestly...
I wouldn't recommend professional driving for you just yet
There is a reason the term "make im hand strong" is used in driving in 🇳🇬
1.,A manual car is quite a whole different scenario
Na why most manual cars after a while look like war vets 😄
2. It is easier when "your hand strong"(😄) to manoeuvre traffic than when you are a beginner
Just take it easy it's all i'll say
Peace ✌️
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by IMASTEX: 4:38pm On Nov 07, 2023
havecycle:

I will sir. I just pray everything works well for me.
It all depends on you. Driving is more of brain work than physical activities. For me, I just asked which is brake, gas, etc. I memorized it and when I finally got the chance, that was it. I stepped on it very little to see the feedback for moving into the road. Las las, driving na mind.
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by iammolise(m): 5:07pm On Nov 07, 2023
Driving experience in a less busy place to a very busy location are completely different experiences altogether, I learnt that after driving forklift in a company environment then went to learn Keke driving from my friend, mehn when I finish street level and he encouraged me to enter actual main road asphalt, bruh the first truck that passed my Keke on full speed, the breeze that blew me squeezed my balls (talkless of say u neva even drive actual car na YouTube car u drive angry ... nor try am oh), I had to go back to street level. But one thing I learned is, it's all mind and then again make sure your focus is on point, you don't want to be forgetful and always be well rounded with the main road rules, stay on your lane, no DO-OVERS, and lastly don't ever try to drag road with your senior boss dem(truck drivers, jeeps and generally any other road users) they are your oga, they've been in the system for a very long time, don't compete, especially with the baddoz "Dangote trucks"... But first and foremost Please go to a friend who has had actual road experience to take you there to acquaint yourself with real road life before going for the job.

My 2cents
Peace brother ✌️
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by Banbanna(m): 5:47pm On Nov 07, 2023
Nice one, Smart guy! That's why I do sometimes thank God for inspiring some these people who put up those kind of very useful resources/materials on the internet for ordinary pple 2 use
ruffDiamond:
I taught myself to become full electrician today via Google search and animated diagram,took down a lot if note(still have it)then practical offline cool.I have gone ahead to install and wire up a lot of house till date.God bless the inventor of Google search engine!..it was later I made use of YouTube,but was later monetized by greedy bloggers.gmake sure you do practical too o before you go jam person car undecided
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by Abel1987: 6:02pm On Nov 07, 2023
havecycle:
Who else have used online resources to professionalize on driving before?
I LEARNT HOW TO DRIVE A BIKE (SCOOTER ) FROM YOUTUBE, AND AM PERFECT TODAY.
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by slimmax: 6:13pm On Nov 07, 2023
We wey read book take learn wetin go come be of us
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by PotatoSalad(m): 6:27pm On Nov 07, 2023
My guy learnt how to drive on YouTube.
He's been driving since 2021 and you'd think he has more than 10 years of driving experience. Very foolish boy hahaha. That guy ehn.
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by mukthar2000(m): 6:40pm On Nov 07, 2023
Nice, but don't forget motor insurance cover for compensation in case of any occurrence. Best luck
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by assu2013(m): 6:40pm On Nov 07, 2023
Let him go to YouTube and drive there
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by Olajide200(m): 6:59pm On Nov 07, 2023
No risk. All he has to do is to be careful and drive with the mindset that he is the only sane driver. I av been driving a manual gear for 28 years. I never learnt it anywhere. Just picked Dad’s car when he isnt around and drive
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by Godsonkemz(m): 7:18pm On Nov 07, 2023
havecycle:
Inability to drive has deprived me opportunity from getting a job and as I don't have money to pay and be trained by a driving school, I decided to use online resources to learn it.

Steps:

Put the car on neutral before turning it on or press the clutch pedal if it's on gear.

Start the car

Press the accelerator pedal and release your foot from the clutch pedal slowly and the car is on motion.

Press the clutch pedal again to change gear.

Press the break pedal alongside the clutch pedal to slow down and bring the car to a stop.

And so on.

With these, I pray I'm good as I am about to pick up a driving job.

Pray for me and other road users.

I can't stay jobless anymore especially with penniless pocket.

God help me.

Your training is not complete until you obtain a driving license which authorize you to drive, otherwise you'd become an easy prey, a delicious food for police.

1 Like

Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by MrJames007: 7:26pm On Nov 07, 2023
havecycle:
Inability to drive has deprived me opportunity from getting a job and as I don't have money to pay and be trained by a driving school, I decided to use online resources to learn it.

Steps:

Put the car on neutral before turning it on or press the clutch pedal if it's on gear.

Start the car

Press the accelerator pedal and release your foot from the clutch pedal slowly and the car is on motion.

Press the break pedal alongside the clutch pedal to slow down and bring the car to a stop.

And so on.

God help me.
Change to which gear
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by Shakathezulu1: 7:59pm On Nov 07, 2023
havecycle:

Steps:

Start the car

And so on.

God help me.
If you try that online stuff, you learnt about driving in real life. Iku pa e oh
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by armadeo(m): 8:03pm On Nov 07, 2023
havecycle:

Steps:

Start the car

And so on.

God help me.

This guy you go tay for jail. Your village people are after you if what you've written up there is true.

Better don't try it and let them be ashamed.

Na manual you dey learn sef not even automatic. Lol.

Better look for money and attend a driving school first before trying yourself.

Driving is a skill picked up with repetitive actions. Over and over again till it becomes an automated activity. Not by guessing or craming what to do.

1 Like

Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by lendahand(m): 8:13pm On Nov 07, 2023
havecycle:

Steps:

Start the car

And so on.

God help me.
oga everything is not internet biko, get someone to help you practicalize what you learnt. You mustn't go to driving school but practice first before hitting the main road, e get why....
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by OlujobaSamuel: 8:19pm On Nov 07, 2023
correctguy101:

On YouTube?

The baba tried.

I taught myself to drive with no tutor. Just my guy's car and me teaching ourselves how to live and survive with each other... cheesy

And today, few will believe I never received any formal training.. smh

Hmmmmm, your situation is not same with op.
I also learnt how to drive without a formal tutor, started with home testing during cleaning, my area was a new site with very scanty houses and enough grassy/bushy area, so it was easy to catch up.
Op wants to learn on YouTube to take up a driving job, it's not like he has direct access to personal car to do self test, imagine someone under work pressure driving within town to meet up delivery, to crown it all, such individual is a YouTube learner

1 Like

Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by bluefilm: 8:31pm On Nov 07, 2023
havecycle:

Steps:

Start the car

And so on.

God help me.

Christmas is around the corner.
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by candygist: 9:05pm On Nov 07, 2023
By the time all these danfo drivers and conductor, truck drivers give you small body hit, you will find yourself inside the gutter. But if you can survive the first one week of driven on Lagos road. Then you are ready to be a certified Lagos driver.
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by Timothy89(m): 9:16pm On Nov 07, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

You guys should always understand people's point before saying all these kind things.

He said he is damn broke and can't afford to pay for driving class, I was expecting something like "find time and meet up with me, let me see if I can teach you how to drive"
If na fuel, you go tell am make he arrange whatever he can for that and not your last paragraph. It is not necessary.

you've to let someone know he's going mad before he finally run mad, even learning computer functions on YouTube, you need to still practise it outside before you can be called professional

someone want to go and get a driving job and perhaps end his own life or be in prison on manslaughter, you're talking about babysitting him

you should do that on my behalf, I stand on the earlier post you quoted without feeling remorse
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by Timothy89(m): 9:26pm On Nov 07, 2023
JesusDeliveres:
To be honest

I learnt how to drive on YOU TUBE and ill say that again

When my elderly pops got his highlander some years back and he could not drive due to age.. i quickly went to YouTube and typed in the search bar how to drive the same type/model/year of highlander my pops bought

I paid attention as to how d guy first ignited the engine.. then he said you PRESS the brakes to release the gears to D-DRIVE from P-PARK .. Then you slowly press the throttle to make it accelerate then your eyes are gazed towards the road while you navigate the steering to wherever you want..

With Time i learnt..cus motor dey available
As time went by i learnt the road signs and traffic rules.. I also learnt how to use the mirrors(side and inner mirrors) very important

Now its been 4years I learnt how to drive on YouTube... There's no place i cannot actually drive to anywhere in 9ja... Infact lemme say my driving skill is top notch no one would have thought i learnt it free from YouTube with the way i drive...

Note*...... i don bash the highlander like 2times before i finally learnt it very well

I have a valid license now and I've not even had any cause to bash again.. im now a pro

PS... What worked for others might not work for you ... This just my own experience learning how to drive on you tube

it worked for you at the detriment of bashing you popman car twice, let him try it with his employer car that's he learning it for and he will get serious beating of his life that's if he no hit people join

you learn to drive your popman car, he's learning to drive someone who doesn't have any bloodline with him grin

some post on this forum self cheesy

1 Like

Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by rockyh(m): 2:25am On Nov 08, 2023
havecycle:

Steps:

Start the car

And so on.

God help me.
its like you want to commit suicide,you think driving is cooking or washing of clothes better desist from entering a vehicle

2 Likes

Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by Lexusgs430: 3:41am On Nov 08, 2023
JesusDeliveres:
To be honest

I learnt how to drive on YOU TUBE and ill say that again

When my elderly pops got his highlander some years back and he could not drive due to age.. i quickly went to YouTube and typed in the search bar how to drive the same type/model/year of highlander my pops bought

I paid attention as to how d guy first ignited the engine.. then he said you PRESS the brakes to release the gears to D-DRIVE from P-PARK .. Then you slowly press the throttle to make it accelerate then your eyes are gazed towards the road while you navigate the steering to wherever you want..

With Time i learnt..cus motor dey available
As time went by i learnt the road signs and traffic rules.. I also learnt how to use the mirrors(side and inner mirrors) very important

Now its been 4years I learnt how to drive on YouTube... There's no place i cannot actually drive to anywhere in 9ja... Infact lemme say my driving skill is top notch no one would have thought i learnt it free from YouTube with the way i drive...

Note*...... i don bash the highlander like 2times before i finally learnt it very well

I have a valid license now and I've not even had any cause to bash again.. im now a pro

PS... What worked for others might not work for you ... This just my own experience learning how to drive on you tube

This valid driving license you claim to have now, was this licenced issued based on your YouTube driving experiences or you went to a proper driving school and eventually passed a practical test ........

A vehicle is weapon........
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by yusufmurry: 6:44am On Nov 08, 2023
Driving starts from the mind. Conceptualize and imagine it real first. That is the first way to start.

To this, try as often to sit at car's front seat. Carefully observe how they drive, how they change gear, breakdown, how they manoeuvre incoming and behind cars.

If you have friends or neighbours, talk to them to take you out to drive at football pitches or similar place.

Or Lastly, go to driving school. Some are cheap.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by badboyTee(m): 1:33pm On Nov 08, 2023
Omotaday:
I also learnt to fly an airplane on Youtube. I hope the Nigerian Airforce can employ me to fly the president and his cabinets.
GOATED cheesy cheesy. The OP nah werey on a norms I hope he dies alone and doesn't take inocent people along with him
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by badboyTee(m): 1:41pm On Nov 08, 2023
DDIA:

When someone's time in this world is near, these are the kind of ideas he starts getting. grin

In case you drive to the great beyond and we don't know, Adieu in advance grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key / Police Impound 22 Cars In Abuja, Arrest 4 Suspects / Police IG Unveils 2019 Edition Of IVM Granite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.