Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job (15424 Views)

How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? / Car Driving On Three Wheels In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Driver Gets Ticket Dismissed After Driving On Autopilot With Feet Out Of Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by ruffDiamond: 1:15pm On Nov 07, 2023
I taught myself to become full electrician today via Google search and animated diagram,took down a lot if note(still have it)then practical offline cool.I have gone ahead to install and wire up a lot of house till date.God bless the inventor of Google search engine!..it was later I made use of YouTube,but was later monetized by greedy bloggers.gmake sure you do practical too o before you go jam person car undecided

1 Like

Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by HITsquad: 1:16pm On Nov 07, 2023
He only needs to practically understand the wheel movement right now... nothing more.

I learned how to drive by simply watching my old man drive from the passenger's seat.

Majority of Nigerians don't even learn how to drive in the official sense... They simply hop on the driver's seat and start figuring it out on the way.
My point is, Driving a car is one of the most easiest things to learn how to do... especially if you are a natural quick learner. The first thing you need to do is to overcome the initial "driving fear".... I don't have the scientific explanation for it, But the fear does exist, its natural and waiting for everyone who chooses to take the wheel lol. But once you conquer that bloody fear? You are 100% good to zoom!

Bottom line... The whole driving thing looks difficult and more scary when you are looking at it from the outside... But once you hop on that steering?? the rest is just story.
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 07, 2023
Congratulations in advance on anyhow you see am.
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by Timothy89(m): 1:22pm On Nov 07, 2023
seborrhic:

The concern should not be for the Op Because he has clearly given up his freedom,as he would likely cause an accident when he takes any car out,and thus be in prison soon;the concern should be for that of the innocent lives his folly may cause to lose their lives.
Even people who were taught still need time and grace to take a car out to the road themselves,talkless of online learning!

are you minding him! when I finished from driving school, it was when I bought my first car I get perfect in driving
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by yewit37486: 1:23pm On Nov 07, 2023
HITsquad:
He only needs to understand the wheel's movement(practically) right now... nothing more...
I learned how to drive by simply watching my Old man drive from the passengers seat.

Majority of Nigerians don't even learn how to drive officially, They simply hop on the driver's seat and start figuring it out on the way.
My point is... Driving a car is one of the most easiest things to learn to do.. especially if you are a quick learner. The first thing you need to do is to overcome the initial "driving fear" and you are good to go.
The whole thing only looks difficult when you are looking at it from the outside... But once you hop on that steering, the rest na story.

And that is exactly why driving in Nigeria is mayhem. Many people do not know the rules of the road - right of way, who has priority at roundabouts, what to do at junctions, when to use the indicator etc.
It's not about moving the car, there is much more involved.
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by Sholaco: 1:27pm On Nov 07, 2023
havecycle:
Inability to drive has deprived me opportunity from getting a job and as I don't have money to pay and be trained by a driving school, I decided to use online resources to learn it.

Steps:

Put the car on neutral before turning it on or press the clutch pedal if it's on gear.

Start the car

Press the accelerator pedal and release your foot from the clutch pedal slowly and the car is on motion.

Press the clutch pedal again to change gear.

Press the break pedal alongside the clutch pedal to slow down and bring the car to a stop.

And so on.

With these, I pray I'm good as I am about to pick up a driving job.

Pray for me and other road users.

I can't stay jobless anymore especially with penniless pocket.

God help me.
be very careful, because you have not explain to us how you will put the gear in a reverse, watching your mirror before overtaken and what to do if you a hook in hold-up... And what about the rules of the road signs?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by Image123(m): 1:33pm On Nov 07, 2023
havecycle:
Inability to drive has deprived me opportunity from getting a job and as I don't have money to pay and be trained by a driving school, I decided to use online resources to learn it.

Steps:

Put the car on neutral before turning it on or press the clutch pedal if it's on gear.

Start the car

Press the accelerator pedal and release your foot from the clutch pedal slowly and the car is on motion.

Press the break pedal alongside the clutch pedal to slow down and bring the car to a stop.

And so on.

God help me.

You're a killer on the loose. You don't learn driving online. Would you want an online doctor to use you for surgery experience/experiment? Driving is literally hands on.
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 07, 2023
That's good if he studied it very well.
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by nasstil: 1:39pm On Nov 07, 2023
I drive the first day I bought my car, the mechanic only show what to do few hours, but I drive myself home

havecycle:

Steps:

Start the car

And so on.

God help me.

1 Like

Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by Josephilemona(m): 1:39pm On Nov 07, 2023
Hahahaha! You too funny. Ask polythecnic engineering student & university student the essence of what they have learnt in school, then you will discover university is just like your useless driving lesson on youtube while polythecnic is raw, practical & reality, my brother please look for someone to teach you real thorough driving, if not you will be jail for manslaughter or cupable homocide.
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by fitinwell: 1:46pm On Nov 07, 2023
havecycle:

Steps:

Start the car

And so on.

God help me.

No serious Business Firm, will give you this Driving Job without a drivers license and testing your driving skills.
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by Ate247(m): 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2023
havecycle:
Who else have used online resources to professionalize on driving before?
through playing need for speed on play station. I knew how to drive
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by Ayobamix(m): 1:54pm On Nov 07, 2023
havecycle:

Steps:

Start the car

And so on.

God help me.
brotherly driving is far far behind what you learnt from YouTube go for the practical aspect of it. If its money I trust all the nairalanders just drop your aza let see what we can do to help you
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by mejetov422: 1:56pm On Nov 07, 2023
Training only your eye sight is risky, you can borrow someone car or rent just for the sake of practical,

The truth be say nor enter road with wetin you learn online
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by Ubanz: 1:57pm On Nov 07, 2023
Scanty knowledge of driving without practical experience is extremely dangerous. Try go for a driving class or ask a friend who owns a car to teach u.

Remember as a first timer you can't get a fresh driver's license without proof of passing through a driving school.
If you force your way, it could lead to a endangering your life and that of others.

By the way whose car are you planning to wreck? Because your first attempt at getting a driving job will be your first practical test and will no doubt end in disaster.
With your YouTube experience,can you overtake a dangote truck in a Trunk A road?

1 Like

Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by Bhol28: 2:00pm On Nov 07, 2023
You need practice with an experienced driver by your side at least for few days,don't hit major highways with just this youtube training.You will sweat o.
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by havecycle: 2:02pm On Nov 07, 2023
nasstil:
I drive the first day I bought my car, the mechanic only show what to do few hours, but I drive myself home

Nice one. Determination.
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by bigtt76(f): 2:06pm On Nov 07, 2023
While this is an ingenious way to learn driving, you would need guidance from an experience driver to share tactical ways to handle some real-life scenarios you would face on the road. These are not textbook scenarios but dynamic in nature.

havecycle:

Steps:

Start the car

And so on.

God help me.

2 Likes

Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by lagosrd: 2:12pm On Nov 07, 2023
He should also download car racer game too. It helps in learning how to dodge pot holes.
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by Goldbw122(m): 2:15pm On Nov 07, 2023
havecycle:

Steps:

Start the car

And so on.

God help me.

You better learn how. To drive well oo because when you hit there will. Be problem.. ooo becareful
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by Moneyboyz: 2:15pm On Nov 07, 2023
No one thought me how to drive, I bought a car and started driving.
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by Afamed: 2:21pm On Nov 07, 2023
There is no single risk as long as he keeps driving only on YouTube
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by ECO405(m): 2:37pm On Nov 07, 2023
Drive 4 were u 4 Learn
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by Stylz69(m): 2:45pm On Nov 07, 2023
You need real-world experience! YouTube can teach you the theory of driving but you need the experience of operating the motor vehicle with other road users and pedestrians!
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by OvertheTop(m): 3:12pm On Nov 07, 2023
havecycle:

Steps:

Start the car

And so on.

God help me.

as it stands, you are a potential HAZARD to innocent Pedestrians.
if you kill somebody...Na jail o.
you better go to driving School First and learn for a 6 months
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by obainojazz(m): 3:22pm On Nov 07, 2023
I taught myself too…. Used to practice at night and I brace it one day grin
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by DDIA: 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2023
havecycle:

Steps:

Start the car

And so on.

God help me.
When someone's time in this world is near, these are the kind of ideas he starts getting. grin

In case you drive to the great beyond and we don't know, Adieu in advance grin grin

1 Like

Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by DDIA: 3:28pm On Nov 07, 2023
sharpwriter:

You too, you laugh shey cheesy grin.. I read him mention clutch cheesy grin
I swear. CLUTCH fa! grin

I pray he doesn't kill anyone in the process.

1 Like

Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by OGrockinnewacct: 3:31pm On Nov 07, 2023
Well this was how I learnt how to drive a manual transmission car several years ago. Before then I was driving my mum’s car(auto) until the only car available in the house was a manual transmission.
Thanks to YouTube and Google, I’m a pro today.
I will advise the op to test run with another vehicle on a lonely road consistently for at least a week before taking the job.
Also, get familiar with all road signs.

All the best
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by AllDModsAreMaad: 3:41pm On Nov 07, 2023
Timothy89:
are you catching cruise or trying to crack joke

first learn how to ride bicycle on YouTube and practise it outside before trying to move your new apartment to the grave

Before I will even teach you how to drive, you will know the basic functions of car components, after teaching you, I will set theoretical exam for you, if you get 80% then we'll go to the field

You guys should always understand people's point before saying all these kind things.

He said he is damn broke and can't afford to pay for driving class, I was expecting something like "find time and meet up with me, let me see if I can teach you how to drive"
If na fuel, you go tell am make he arrange whatever he can for that and not your last paragraph. It is not necessary.
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by triplek2000: 3:46pm On Nov 07, 2023
am sure with all this , it is better for you to only drive on YOUTUBE
Re: After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job by AllDModsAreMaad: 3:47pm On Nov 07, 2023
Try and get someone close to you to give you a practical experience, few days of that will make you more proficient.

Even if it is buying them fuel for the duration of your learning and tipping them something once in a while during the process of learning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Upgrading From 195/65R15 To 205/65R15 Tyres On My 2004 Corolla S / Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) / I Got An Accidented 2017 Accord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.