Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? (18844 Views)

My Car Has Been Stolen In Maitama Abuja(photo) / Urgent Help Needed My Car Is Missing / Camry, Honda Most Stolen Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by sexlog(m): 6:13pm On Oct 27, 2011
Honda is d most stolen car in d north, but toyota in d west.
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by kabukabu50(m): 6:16pm On Oct 27, 2011
nusdog:

But are these American specs strong enough for our bad roads?

And how fuel efficient are they?

I'll still prefer german cars as alternative, only they're expensive on the average.

Some american cars are pretty good on gas mileage,Ford Fusion,Chevy Cruze,Ford Flex have models that get an average of 30 mpg,the same mileage you would get from a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry.

Odunnu:

Nobody will buy them either
They would be for my personal use grin
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by pkv(m): 7:15pm On Oct 27, 2011
sexlog:

Honda is d most stolen car in d north, but toyota in d west.
if ur honda car is stolen and taken 2 kano.4get it cos u wuld neva c it again even in the aftalyf.
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by eros(m): 7:30pm On Oct 27, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

Hmmm if they are stealing Toyotas I am not surprised.
Toyotas are very reliable cars and only require care unlike acuras tongue
(so much for a luxury car lol) although hondas are pretty decent too

The Acura requires the same care you give Toyota. I have been driving a 2001 Acura TL for 2 years now and have only had to change the power steering pump. Anyday, anytime me love my Acura. One of the best luxury cars out there.
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by hamsky: 8:45pm On Oct 27, 2011
[size=20pt]   Why you dey ask? You wan join the business[/size]
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by WebSurfer(m): 8:54pm On Oct 27, 2011
angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by r231(m): 8:57pm On Oct 27, 2011
Toyota Camry
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by banqkool: 9:04pm On Oct 27, 2011
its bulldog or academy for honda accord while CRV 2001 as just joined the league too
for toyota its 2.2 pencil or tiny light at a very alarming rate everywhere.
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by oc2fish: 9:27pm On Oct 27, 2011
This topic reminds me of how customers treat us when we are introducing CAR TRACkER to them in the field. They always say they dont mind their car to be stolen or that the money dosnt cost them much even if it was taking.
That man would have safe his family and the entire world that much stress assuming the car has a tracker installed in it.
With this tracker they would have been able to see the location history where the car has driven to that day and subsequent days, the street name ,at what speed the car is moving and they would have be able to catch those thiefs because the tracker would have led the police to the house where the car is packed.
I dont know why Nigerians put themselves in tight condition because of lack of exposure and trust.
If their are people on this page that has a car and does not have a CAR TRACKER you can call funmi 08039238478 for more discussion and the tracker car be installed in your house. you don't need to travel far to do that.
The function of CAR TRACKER can not be compared with INSURANCE, they perform different functions and from our findings in SECURITY business, CAR TACKER takes the best mark. If you care to know why call 08039238478

Pls Funmi can you help me instal tracker in my BENZ 230 (Regular).

Anywhere Golf is the most stolen car becos of it use by transporter.
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by mencer(m): 10:11pm On Oct 27, 2011
TOYOTAS, esp, CAMARY cool
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by playahP(m): 10:25pm On Oct 27, 2011
very funny. I had car tracker installed in my parent car car before it was stolen last month.

I STILL NEVER SEE TRACE OF THE CAR.
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by seedord247(m): 10:33pm On Oct 27, 2011
playah P:

very funny. I had car tracker installed in my car before it was stolen last month.

You should have consult Ifa or Orunmila to help you in the search. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by playahP(m): 10:38pm On Oct 27, 2011
THESE PEOPLE REALLY DO NOT TELL US THE DOWN SIDE OF CAR TRACKERS

MMMCCCHHHHEEEWW, E BE LIKE SEY NA SANGO I GO DEY USE FROM NOW ON!!!
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by splitnaija(m): 10:49pm On Oct 27, 2011
I used  MTN's Adata C-track but it failed 8 months into a 12-month subscription period and thank God my car wasn't stolen

Now, I use black magic (baba suwe type) and it's very effective (NDLEA can testify to that)
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by Akiika: 11:36pm On Oct 27, 2011
Very funny, are there car thieves on Nairaland now? Nigeria Police that should have such statistics don't, they are busy collecting 20 naira at the road block.
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by chineds(m): 12:00am On Oct 28, 2011
All of you dont know what you are talking here. You are forgetting VOLKSWAGON BEETLES is the most lucrative for Armed robbers.
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by harakiri(m): 3:47am On Oct 28, 2011
This is a no-brainer. Toyota of course (especially those ugly Camry's).
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by Nymphnode(m): 4:43am On Oct 28, 2011
chineds:

All of you dont know what you are talking here. You are forgetting VOLKSWAGON BEETLES is the most lucrative for Armed robbers.

Gbam!
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by jidewin(m): 6:30am On Oct 28, 2011
First on the list is TOYOTA.any toyota brand is ever market ready.robbers can snatch 2008 toyota camry now and sell it for 500k.all this jist about easy maintenace, "puff"one of the reasons toyota brand is hot here is its "fuel efficieny" period.Only God knows how those japs developed that tech and system.
Next in line is honda.just as posters have written here,if you have ever lived or been to northern nigeria,honda is their preffered choice.even if its 1972 model,but in kaduna,if you have all the types of honda and you don't have at least a peugeot 406,you are yet to join "the league of big men".
In south east anything volkswagen product, "Golf,passat,audi,"most are not into bmw cos of its fuel consumption but you see those 3 brands,they're hot cakes in south east.from edo state upward.however in cross river and akwa ibom,their preffered choice is the swedish car VOLVO.
Therefore if you want less stress and less worrisome on parts,go for american cars.I use ford expedition,although it guzzles fuel (in hold ups)that monster has got LIFE,strenght,CLASS and enough room for everybody.(American SUVs are more suitable for lagos roads if you are living off lagos island)and the cost of parts are not different from any japanese, check from ladipo,ojuelegba,owode onirin,maryland and ogba,all american parts (genuine used or brand new)are readily affordable.
For car dealers,they would prefer to sell Toyota,honda,nissan products cos that's what most nigerians are after. now the trend is changing.
Above all,if your preference lies amongst these 3,then get a working DIY tracker or the biometric scanner car security devices. Cheers
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by itiswell1(m): 6:42am On Oct 28, 2011
Baby Boy
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by tonte23(m): 6:59am On Oct 28, 2011
Toyota Camry> Definately toyota Camry
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by pkv(m): 8:22am On Oct 28, 2011
splitnaija:

I used MTN's Adata C-track but it failed 8 months into a 12-month subscription period and thank God my car wasn't stolen

Now, I use black magic (baba suwe type) and it's very effective (NDLEA can testify to that)
tnx 4 d advice.na who b ur consultant jujuman me wit am biko
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by Welder(m): 8:31am On Oct 28, 2011
This wan wey all of una dey mention toyota camry pencil or tiny light so. . .i don dey fear o.
splitnaija:

I used MTN's Adata C-track but it failed 8 months into a 12-month subscription period and thank God my car wasn't stolen

Bros, e be like say u go show me that level too o. . .cos i no mind
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by mishooo(m): 8:33am On Oct 28, 2011
chineds:

Why is that so??
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 28, 2011
Seems most of you agree that the most stolen car is Toyota Camry, but then, which of the Camrys is the most preferred for thieves? Is it the Muscle, or Idi-Alhaja (aka 'Big for nothing'), or 2.2 big-light, or 2.2 tiny-light? Which of these models is the most stolen? I really need to know abeg. Make I know where my fate dey.
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by Biscute(f): 8:57am On Oct 28, 2011
Toyota cars are the most stolen cars in Nigeria because of its second hand value and cheap maintenances
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 28, 2011
playah P:

very funny. I had car tracker installed in my car before it was stolen last month.

You mean these car trackers marketers are a hoax? shocked
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by femmy2010(m): 10:35am On Oct 28, 2011
Any make of vehicles can be stole so we should just pray that ours would never be taken from us,
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by floyet(f): 12:12pm On Oct 28, 2011
i m kinda suspicious of the poster,hope u aint getting info from NL indirectly,baba G O D dey watch u o.
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 28, 2011
mbatuku2:

You mean these car trackers marketers are a hoax? shocked
They are not hoax. They are only useful in developed countries where there are proper maps even to the smallest street and police respond in seconds to pin point point of robberies and give hot pursuit by helicopters, even with all these, cars are still stolen. In Nigeria, the only states with good map network on gps are lagos and abuja, even in lag and abuja, it's only about 50 percent of the streets in both states are on the gps map. So once ur car leaves lagos, just forget it.

There is one tracking company though with a device that you text in your car, this can stop the engine anywhere in the country as long as there is gsm network. Even with that, i wont want someone to to point a gun at me, it's not a good experience. With that being said, who know what strong sedan car one can buy similar to the performance and nice design of a 2003 toyota corolla?
Re: Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? by megawave(m): 8:29am On Oct 29, 2011
how many cases of stolen E.O.D have u heard.
abegi stop saying what you are not sure of.
before a thief can steal your E.O.D they will sweat, except at gunpoint and u can bet with active security systems your car will not go far cos i ride one, but for CAMRY, its a regular thing.

Note: car owners flexing around with their keys opening their doors via remote, pls reduce it especially when you are in public places cos i heard there is a new device that high tech thieves use to capture the frequency of your remote key and later decode it and once decoded, i.e knowing the serial code of your car key its easy to program it on another key pls beware, open your door often by inserting your key into your door

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers / Police Or VIO: Who Should Check Road Worthiness Certificate? / How To Determine When It's Safe To Overtake (Photos) A Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.