Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue (19621 Views)

Magu Failed To Remit N48billion Loot Including Seized Jets, Hotels— Salami Panel / Train Attack: FG Asks Nigerians To Raise Money For Patients' Treatment / FG Asks All Account Holders In Financial Institutions To Re-Register Despite BVN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by Chetas81(m): 1:06pm On Nov 07, 2023
Mykelslim:
Who wants to buy a country? I have one for sale
oniranu citizen lack of idea, contribution and development, just give yourself and the country to the Chinese government for free
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by frustratedlife: 1:06pm On Nov 07, 2023
I'm yet to meet up with my fees after the last increase. Is like I'm voluntary withdrawing from school.
Unfortunately I've come along way after spending 4 years of study.
This will probably be one of my biggest life regret
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by Bosch10(m): 1:44pm On Nov 07, 2023
Houseontherock1:
Students will pay more...it all goes back to the struggling parents in an ailing economy undecided
you get the point
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by evictor305: 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2023
Let me be your virtual assistant for document creation and editing (PDF, WORD, EXCEL etc), School project, Assignment and Online registration. Contact us today, Distance is not a barrier, We can achieve alot together.

Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by Fizalis(m): 1:50pm On Nov 07, 2023
Are you in support of this move by FG?

forgiveness:
Best way to go. The America and U.K universities we want to emulate or compare ourselves to are generating revenue from high school fees. The reason there are provisions like scholarship, loan etc to pay tuition fees

This is the autonomy the universities were fighting for. Now that it has been granted, there should be no more excuses.
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by aestake: 1:53pm On Nov 07, 2023
Blaze14k:
E don red how will universities improve there institutions when the federal government is taking there share, state will equally take theres. Like am confused can someone explain how the rascality will work to improve our institution
...their/theirs...

1 Like

Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by aestake: 1:54pm On Nov 07, 2023
frustratedlife:
I'm yet to meet up with my fees after the last increase. Is like I'm voluntary withdrawing from school.
Unfortunately I've come along way after spending 4 years of study.
This will probably be one of my biggest life regret
You too in school?
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by Sermwell(m): 1:57pm On Nov 07, 2023
Teymanhenry:
Its a good move but they should ensure these schools don't extort money from students
If you're not a fool, where will the school get the money from??

The struggling parents will have to be the one to pay for it!!

1 Like

Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by yungevvy(m): 1:58pm On Nov 07, 2023
world123:
🧐

Please can you pray for me Sir? I'm having severe bodily pains recently. I've tried praying myself, but not much had changed.
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by onyxo76(m): 2:09pm On Nov 07, 2023
Maize247:
Imagine a university generating over 10 billion a year and does not want the government to look into their account. Multiply N100,000 by 20,000 students. Acceptance fee is their, post utme fees is their and others. Government are not supposed paying them salary with the amount of money the vc have access to. A government Arabic school was discovered to have generated over 300million but was able to remit just little recently. Government should make them remit almost everything
seems you have no idea how a university runs...if you have someone who works in the bursary or audit of a university let them tell how things are run, 10 billion indeed, as if students pay school fees every month.Ask how much goes into payment of electricity bill per month, the least i know is at least 45million, multiply that by 12 and get your figure...there are other operation cost that i don't need to go into now.
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by clems88(m): 2:14pm On Nov 07, 2023
Strike loading grin
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by Blaze14k: 2:29pm On Nov 07, 2023
aestake:

...their/theirs...

Yah sometimes I don't pay attention to that
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by OctavianAC(m): 2:32pm On Nov 07, 2023
ijustdey:

https://leadership.ng/amid-cash-crunch-federal-govt-asks-varsities-others-to-remit-40-revenue/

Federal Government is taking, state, local government, and community will still come and take from a school (education) that they were supposed to finance, and you say Nigeria is not cursed.
Those that supported APC for presidency, hope you have seen what you supported?
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by Ikinternational: 2:41pm On Nov 07, 2023
forgiveness:
Best way to go. The America and U.K universities we want to emulate or compare ourselves to are generating revenue from high school fees. The reason there are provisions like scholarship, loan etc to pay tuition fees

This is the autonomy the universities were fighting for. Now that it has been granted, there should be no more excuses.

Revenue from High School fees abi ?

Seriously lol

Easy to tell when clueless local boy is talking
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by Quebec91(m): 3:02pm On Nov 07, 2023
cheesy
SeeWahala:
Hehehe, shebi the youths talk say dem no wan protest the daylight robbery wey happen for aso rock grin say na mohbad case na him dey pepper their body pass, well . . .

200% increase in school fees loading grin

All of una go smell the coffee eat the beans
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by aestake: 3:02pm On Nov 07, 2023
Blaze14k:

Yah sometimes I don't pay attention to that
Ok.
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by walezy14(m): 4:28pm On Nov 07, 2023
Federal government is doing the right thing. Most of the internally generated revenue by federal universities are under utilized by the school authorities. In a situation where a vice chancellors of universities has money more than political appointees.
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by Mykelslim: 4:34pm On Nov 07, 2023
Chetas81:
oniranu citizen lack of idea, contribution and development, just give yourself and the country to the Chinese government for free
I'm not surprised you talk to your f.a.ther like that.
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by Fearyourcreator: 4:52pm On Nov 07, 2023
SunFlow:
Another Fee hike loading....

Nonsense and Ingredients
Go Yankee go school na
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by tuzle(m): 4:55pm On Nov 07, 2023
Teymanhenry:
Its a good move but they should ensure these schools don't extort money from students
u are funny. Good move after they removed subsidized payment from schools. Common 100k they increased unilag school fees too, student started complaining, now imagine government now collecting 40% from the money that isn't enough before.
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by blacksam01: 4:56pm On Nov 07, 2023
Teymanhenry:

plz explain how it is good news....i want to learn
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by tuzle(m): 4:59pm On Nov 07, 2023
Charly68:
Very good idea. They want.salary without responsibility before.. everyone must be on their toes now..
the student nko? It also serves them right abi. Thank God I have graduated, students will start paying nothing less than 500k in the next 4 to 5years in federal schools.
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by OmoFiditi: 5:06pm On Nov 07, 2023
We tinubu supporters are okay with this move.

Carry go. Tinubu omo olode ide.
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:24pm On Nov 07, 2023
Maize247:
Infact, everything should be remitted to the government account in the first instance

How have they accounted for the one remitted to them ?
Is that how your so-called American universities function?
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by DollarMarley247: 5:30pm On Nov 07, 2023
Sometimes we complain for nothing. Do you know how much University makes. Take for instance. You are the owner of a private university. And you think you will be spending more them 60 % to run the school. Not only Government are corrupt. If you are currently a student or you have ever paid school feel. You notice you are paying for what you never make use of, like insurance feel, hostel feel ETC.... But for the Government to make use of the 40% if another topic of the day. Corruption continues
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by melodyogonna(m): 6:47pm On Nov 07, 2023
Remit 40%? Do the universities even have enough as it is? The hell?
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by frustratedlife: 7:07pm On Nov 07, 2023
aestake:

You too in school?
Yeah, more disheartening this is happening in a boko Haram region where learning should be encouraged
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by Blackdisciple(m): 8:18pm On Nov 07, 2023
And we think this administration has something to offer nigerians same revenue that will go into their pockets, why school fees no go high
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by bluefilm: 8:23pm On Nov 07, 2023
Johnrake69:
Lol… Instead of investing to turn around our institutions now na tax Tinubu wan dey collect after subsidy removal and floating the naira?

Nigeria is doomed!!!

A leopard can never change its spots.

Once a tax master; always a tax master.

But don't worry.

The new administration is still favoring them.
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by Chetas81(m): 8:44pm On Nov 07, 2023
Mykelslim:

I'm not surprised you talk to your f.a.ther like that.
HHHHMMM SO AGBAYA OLUYA LIKE YOU TALKING IN SUCH MANNER,PLS SEE YOUR DOCTOR FOR MEDICAL CHECKUP
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by Bimpe29: 8:55pm On Nov 07, 2023
How do we strike balance between accountability, improved remittance of IGR on the part of the federal government and sound/healthy finances and improved infrastructure base on the part of the federal universities?
Re: FG Asks Universities, Others To Remit 40% Revenue by armadeo(m): 9:34pm On Nov 07, 2023
Teymanhenry:

Do you even understand anything ? Where will the school get the money to give the govt, from the students of course.

If they need 1k before and must now pay govt 400 then they need to raise like 1750 pay government 700 (40%) to get their 1k.

So get ready for a hundred percent increase in everything school related.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Customs-Officer Arrested For Ferrying Arms For Boko-Haram / Condition Before We(niger Deltans) Support Biafra / Fayose In Fresh Trouble For Alleged Diversion Of N8.877bn Paris Club Refund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.