Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,664 members, 7,813,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc (30097 Views)

I Don't Want My Mother To Come For My Omugwo / I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by Map1(m): 2:30pm On Nov 08, 2023
daveP:

Lol. Me wey know. I just don't want to go that route. I no want type paragraph
you see age and maturity will always determine woman character, that is why I always pity some of guys who get married to all this small girls and jobless, the guy that married this girl is the one that will suffer for it.
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by Mom007(f): 2:54pm On Nov 08, 2023
OmugwoAunty:

Understood. I have no allegiance to my mom and she didn’t even really raise me. My life is doing fine, I have job, husband and child. I would not have said anything until people started accusing my husband of being wicked and barring my aunt from visiting. My mother told people to warn my aunt from visiting because my husband doesn’t want her there. M

That’s why I released the screenshot.

Yes. The trappings of comfort that makes us forget the laws of God. I have job, money, good husband therefore I don't need to honor my mother. That is literally the meaning of what you typed up there. Why are you here seeking advice then?
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by Mom007(f): 3:06pm On Nov 08, 2023
allenpaul:
. Honestly i think you actually the mumu u trying to call her you failed to see her mother evil intent she did paint her husband bad person and what's special about who sees a child first if not the fact the wicked always find an excuses to justify the evil

This is what you get with a generation that assumes they are not only wiser than their parents but wiser even than God. A woman that can call her own sister a husband snatcher and is going to such lengths to prevent her from coming to the home of her daughter and you don't ask yourself why. Even the sister kept calm but op and her Co instigators like you are fuming at the mouth. What is my own? Now she is facing d heat plus the ones to come, am I affected? Then you, I hope you can do same to your own mother...

1 Like

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by Swiftgrp: 3:10pm On Nov 08, 2023
OmugwoAunty:
Nairaland, please what should I do?

I gave birth 9 months ago and for some reason, my mom never expressed interest in visiting me and my child. She is a new wife now and I heard from some family members that when she wanted to come, her new husband said ‘your daughter has other people around, why are you worrying yourself’.

I did not take it personally at all. My mother has never been a dependable person. Me and my mom still talk everyday and my child is always on her status. This is her ONLY grandchild.

My mom’s elder sister’s (my aunty) youngest child is moving to my area. My aunty said that she’ll visit me during the move, and come and hold baby. She reached out to my mom and even told my mom that if they plan it, they can visit me together. My mom and my aunty are VERY close. I even consider my aunty my second mom in a way.

Suddenly, my mom starts calling me, saying she wants to plan her visit. I say okay. But with work and everything, my aunty will get here before her. She started telling me not to let my aunty into my house, saying that my aunty is a husband snatcher etc. she said my aunty will destroy my home. I tell her I don’t care about that. She started calling their mutual friends and telling them to tell me that my aunty is a husband snatcher. I did not fall for that.

Frustrated, she called my aunty and said that the truth is that my husband is uncomfortable. She said that MY husband is not from our town and that my husband’s people don’t like visitors. She said that I did not tell her about this out of respect.

My aunty called me and was apologizing, saying that she did not know. I responded and said that this is a lie. I even put my husband on the phone. Here’s my mistake - I sent her a screenshot showing my mom saying that she’s a husband snatcher and that’s why I should not let her into my home.

My aunty and I now agreed that we should let peace reign and that she won’t visit. She said she will still like to see me and we can meet somewhere. MATTER SUPPOSE TO END.

My mom decided to bring my aunty husband into this. She told my auntys husband that his wife is not respecting my husband’s wishes. My auntys husband now sent her my screenshot saying that he knows the real reason and that your child doesn’t even support you.

The screenshot has shattered my mom. She feels betrayed. My siblings who live with my mother are calling me a betrayer. I want to salvage the relationship between my siblings and I, not so much my mother. I have not spoken to any of them since the screenshot.

What do I do? How do I approach this.

Look... It was wrong for your mum to call her biological sister a husband snatcher and still went ahead to tell other folks about the fact that her own sister is a husband snatcher. You biological mum is the real betrayer here for instigating this whole quagmire and you must NOT let your siblings guilt-trip you about any betrayal even though your mother has your baby's picture as her DP.

In any event if your mother is indisposed or isn't alive, would you NOT find a way to take care of your baby alone or with the assistant of your spouse and maid?

Next time though, you have to keep your mouth shut when someone as close to you as your mother tells you a personal secret like that because a lot of women cannot handle secrets for too long and they would spill the beans.

Take care. wink
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by OmugwoAunty: 3:21pm On Nov 08, 2023
Swiftgrp:

Look... It was wrong for your mum to call her biological sister a husband snatcher and still went ahead to tell other folks about the fact that her own sister is a husband snatcher. You biological mum is the real betrayer here for instigating this whole quagmire and you must NOT let your siblings guilt-trip you about any betrayal even though your mother has your baby's picture as her DP.

In any event if your mother is indisposed or isn't alive, would you NOT find a way to take care of your baby alone or with the assistant of your spouse and maid?

Next time though, you have to keep your mouth shut when someone as close to you as your mother tells you a personal secret like that because a lot of women cannot handle secrets for too long and they would spill the beans.

Take care. wink

As you can see I’ve been taking care of my baby without family help for 9 months now. I did not request help from anybody especially because I live far away.

It was not a family secret. Mom and aunty already called both of themselves husband snatchers and blocked each other. The screenshot was me acknowledging that I know why my mom didn’t want to visit and that I did not support my mom.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by OmugwoAunty: 3:22pm On Nov 08, 2023
Mom007:

Yes. The trappings of comfort that makes us forget the laws of God. I have job, money, good husband therefore I don't need to honor my mother. That is literally the meaning of what you typed up there. Why are you here seeking advice then?

Seeking advice on how to navigate my siblings. My mother and my relationship have been bad for over a decade, before I even turn 18,so I’ve lost interest since.
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by kaydee(m): 3:27pm On Nov 08, 2023
jmaine:

A mother who did not care to visit her daughter and grandchild in over 9 months citing a flimsy reason is a PERFECT MOTHER...

She only picked interest when her elder sister who was MORE SENSIBLE than her volunteered to do a duty she absconded from for GOOD 9 MONTHS...

She did not only show an egoistic interest but went out of her way to ensure she destroyed the entire family in the process..

Una well done....

Her elder sister is more sensible? I see! I rest my case!
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by OvertheTop(m): 3:37pm On Nov 08, 2023
OmugwoAunty:

I gave birth 9 months ago and for some reason, my mom never expressed interest in visiting me and my child. She is a new wife now and I heard from some family members that when she wanted to come, her new husband said ‘your daughter has other people around, why are you worrying yourself’.

I did not take it personally at all. My mother has never been a dependable person. Me and my mom still talk everyday and my child is always on her status. This is her ONLY grandchild.

My mom’s elder sister’s (my aunty) youngest child is moving to my area. My aunty said that she’ll visit me during the move, and come and hold baby. She reached out to my mom and even told my mom that if they plan it, they can visit me together. My mom and my aunty are VERY close. I even consider my aunty my second mom in a way.

Suddenly, my mom starts calling me, saying she wants to plan her visit. I say okay. But with work and everything, my aunty will get here before her. She started telling me not to let my aunty into my house, saying that my aunty is a husband snatcher etc. she said my aunty will destroy my home. I tell her I don’t care about that. She started calling their mutual friends and telling them to tell me that my aunty is a husband snatcher. I did not fall for that.

Frustrated, she called my aunty and said that the truth is that my husband is uncomfortable. She said that MY husband is not from our town and that my husband’s people don’t like visitors. She said that I did not tell her about this out of respect.

My aunty called me and was apologizing, saying that she did not know. I responded and said that this is a lie. I even put my husband on the phone. Here’s my mistake - I sent her a screenshot showing my mom saying that she’s a husband snatcher and that’s why I should not let her into my home.

My aunty and I now agreed that we should let peace reign and that she won’t visit. She said she will still like to see me and we can meet somewhere. MATTER SUPPOSE TO END.

My mom decided to bring my aunty husband into this. She told my auntys husband that his wife is not respecting my husband’s wishes. My auntys husband now sent her my screenshot saying that he knows the real reason and that your child doesn’t even support you.

The screenshot has shattered my mom. She feels betrayed. My siblings who live with my mother are calling me a betrayer. I want to salvage the relationship between my siblings and I, not so much my mother. I have not spoken to any of them since the screenshot.

Women and Drama!
Chai .

even at that Age.... shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by Swiftgrp: 3:51pm On Nov 08, 2023
OmugwoAunty:

As you can see I’ve been taking care of my baby without family help for 9 months now. I did not request help from anybody especially because I live far away.

It was not a family secret. Mom and aunty already called both of themselves husband snatchers and blocked each other. The screenshot was me acknowledging that I know why my mom didn’t want to visit and that I did not support my mom.
That's beautiful.
You're doing well by taking care of your baby all by yourself. I have a clearer understand of this situation now with your response here.

It seems your mum and her sister are in their 40s to early 50s to have called each other husband snatchers. They both must still be very hot and pretty women. In any event, this should not escalate further and you personally have to reach out to your aunt's husband to call a family meeting later on where you all can apologize to one another... Especially your mum and her sister. Your aunt's husband is a man here and should be able to bring everybody together.

Time heals all wounds and I know you all will get back together as a family because blood is thicker than water. The word SORRY has the ability to lead to forgiveness on all sides.

Do you get me?

Cheers.
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by Boss13: 4:14pm On Nov 08, 2023
OmugwoAunty:

You have destroyed your mom's relationship with her sister. You have also destroyed your relationship with your mom. Finally, your relationship with your aunt can never be the same.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by Ishilove: 4:27pm On Nov 08, 2023
OmugwoAunty:
I need to clarify. I told my mother that my aunty will not visit, but that I will still see her and greet her. My mother was still upset, she even mentioned that how can her sister meet her grandchild before her.

I insisted that I would still see her, that’s when she went to my auntys husband. I sent the screenshot because she started telling people that it’s my husband that won’t allow my aunty to visit. I wanted to vindicate myself and my name. People started asking me what kind of husband did I marry that will bar family from coming over. My home is always open. My uncle and his family even visited, only my mother refused to come.

I cannot visit her yet personally, because my baby is too young to travel long journey. I also don’t think it’s my place to be dragging my child up and down.
Why is everyone all up in your marriage?
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by MySolace: 4:32pm On Nov 08, 2023
OmugwoAunty:

Aunty, I honestly was blown off wen I read u saying u sent a screenshot of ur mum telling u not to allow ur aunty to come around, and even called her sis a husband snatcher... sad sad
Dats just d height of it. Wot exactly were u thinking? Wot stopped u from telling ur aunty dat ur mum must've misunderstood things, dat she should not worry dat things are ok, da she should come... U went ahead saying wot I don't know. U made it sound as though u hated ur mum. I mean, if anyone calls u a bad child or a betrayer, I don't think it's out of proportion...
The enmity u created between ur mum and her sis would b very hard to salvage. I mean, it's not just a hearsay, d screenshot was a clear evidence ur mum spoke ill of her sister, how do u expect d so-called elder sister to forgive her easily?

U never loved mum nor ur family.

Ha, d only way I could forgive such if I were ur mum's elder sis is to convince me d screenshot u sent was an AI generated, and didn't come from u and ur mum's chat(her supposed close loving sister).

And as for forgiveness from ur immediate family, na to find a way and say u never sent anything to ur aunty, dat infact, ur WhatsApp was hacked. If possible rake around, make report to police station, lay some accusations... All is just to make dem believe u didn't sell dem out da way. Dat ur WhatsApp was actually hacked. Else, u've ostracized urself from ur family for a very long time to come.

Also, besides ur mum not coming for ur omugwo, have u people been in good terms? ... because, if u guys were, u must've seen more tactful way to approach dis issue from d start.
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by MySolace: 4:33pm On Nov 08, 2023
OmugwoAunty:

Aunty, I honestly was blown off wen I read u saying u sent a screenshot of ur mum telling u not to allow ur aunty to come around, and even called her sis a husband snatcher... sad sad
Dats just d height of it. Wot exactly were u thinking? Wot stopped u from telling ur aunty dat ur mum must've misunderstood things, dat she should not worry dat things are ok, da she should come... U went ahead saying wot I don't know. U made it sound as though u hated ur mum. I mean, if anyone calls u a bad child or a betrayer, I don't think it's out of proportion...
The enmity u created between ur mum and her sis would b very hard to salvage. I mean, it's not just a hearsay, d screenshot was a clear evidence ur mum spoke ill of her sister, how do u expect d so-called elder sister to forgive her easily?

U never loved mum nor ur family.

Ha, d only way I could forgive such if I were ur mum's elder sis is to convince me d screenshot u sent was an AI generated, and didn't come from u and ur mum's chat(her supposed close loving sister).

And as for forgiveness from ur immediate family, na to find a way and say u never sent anything to ur aunty, dat infact, ur WhatsApp was hacked. If possible rake around, make report to police station, lay some accusations... All is just to make dem believe u didn't sell dem out da way. Dat ur WhatsApp was actually hacked. Else, u've ostracized urself from ur family for a very long time to come...
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by henrimoto(m): 4:33pm On Nov 08, 2023
Mom007:

This is what you get with a generation that assumes they are not only wiser than their parents but wiser even than God. [b]A woman that can call her own sister a husband snatcher and is going to such lengths to prevent her from coming to the home of her daughter and you don't ask yourself why. [/b]Even the sister kept calm but op and her Co instigators like you are fuming at the mouth. What is my own? Now she is facing d heat plus the ones to come, am I affected? Then you, I hope you can do same to your own mother...
... What about the said "mother" ...A Grand mother that is " A new wife" ... Doesn't that point the kind of woman she is too?

A Grand mother that is a "new wife" ...no be person husband dey marry her abi na young bobo dey marry her ?

You wan speak for the "Mother". The Mother is even the one with "Husband Snatching " strait.
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by Olaideolayemi(m): 6:24pm On Nov 08, 2023
You don't act well in the matter at all!!!You caused the problems also look for solution!!!
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by DavidEsq(m): 7:16pm On Nov 08, 2023
ojun50:
Family wahala no be small tin

Visit them, explain tins to them, make them see reasons why you acted that way and apologized them. If they are not responding well leave and give them time dey will come back to you
That's the reason I don't bother with them at all. I hate petty talks and "dis one say, that one say". So even if na my name u call for the matter, I go just lock up, swallow the rubbish dey look u. I don't think it's ok to feel the need to explain oneself or to anyone. I'd just tell u "don't worry yourself about it". All those wey don try to call my name for matter don finally tire because Dem know say I no send.
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by mcprince32(m): 8:35pm On Nov 08, 2023
You lack wisdom. But there's underlying issues between them before now, your aunt's husband is up to something too. He's better off a woman.
Just stay away for now.
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by Mom007(f): 11:42pm On Nov 08, 2023
henrimoto:
... What about the said "mother" ...A Grand mother that is " A new wife" ... Doesn't that point the kind of woman she is too?

A Grand mother that is a "new wife" ...no be person husband dey marry her abi na young bobo dey marry her ?

You wan speak for the "Mother". The Mother is even the one with "Husband Snatching " strait.

Op, you see your life now? When you insult your mother, you open room for every tom and dick to do the same abi what is the meaning of the above comment so? This fellow has as good as called your mom a loose woman with husband snatching traits. Ntoorrr

1 Like

Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by BALLOSKI: 4:14am On Nov 09, 2023
LilX2:

That's what we're saying she should do...correct her and not expose her.
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by hakeemhakeem(m): 5:42am On Nov 09, 2023
oluplus:
You should not have sent the screen shot of your chat with your mum wot your aunt.
You should have managed the situation in a better way.

If you find who shares in your ideas and you guys are free, she more open with her aunt than mother.probably they knew the character of her mother
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by dxpecial(m): 5:52am On Nov 09, 2023
vg
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by BALLOSKI: 6:50am On Nov 09, 2023
OmugwoAunty:

They were already enemies before the screenshots. They were fighting each other directly and she directly had accused her sister about coming to my house to wreck my home. They had already blocked each other.

The damaging part was that I said something around the fact that , I know what my mom said about you and I don’t support her.

That's why we're chastising you here. You can tell your mom to desist from such allegation and not reveal what she said to her sister. That has further deteriorated their relationship. Since you know your mom, you should be the one mending fences.

Don't expose your family to your husband, it might work against you, too.

Apologize to your mom.
Re: My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc by michi2011: 1:00pm On Nov 10, 2023
You recently had a baby, is it even up to a year.
Why do these people not even understand that a new mother is a hormonal and emotional person.
Ignore all of them please I beg you.
Focus on your child and family - build yourself.
When they are ready they will come back but you would have changed by then and no longer want to be close to them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad / Nigerian Man Celebrates As His Friend Becomes A Father After 11 Years Of Waiting / How To Know You Are In A Healthy Relationship Or Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.