Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Degree For Sale: Lagos Assembly Invites Commissioner, LASU VC, Others - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Degree For Sale: Lagos Assembly Invites Commissioner, LASU VC, Others (19487 Views)

Degree For Sale: Sting Operation Exposes LASU Certificate Racketeering / Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello As LASU VC: Lagos Indigenes Allege Marginalisation / Fayemi Sacks EKSU VC, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Degree For Sale: Lagos Assembly Invites Commissioner, LASU VC, Others by budusky05(m): 4:15am On Nov 08, 2023
Why buy certificate in Nigeria when Chicago university runs it free

1 Like

Re: Degree For Sale: Lagos Assembly Invites Commissioner, LASU VC, Others by NSK4U(m): 5:07am On Nov 08, 2023
Why should Lagos Assembly be inviting Lasu administrators over certificate forgery? Oh I see, because they don't have bullion vans to share to those representatives. Do they really have the moral or legal right to question anyone on certificate forgery when it has become the norm?
Re: Degree For Sale: Lagos Assembly Invites Commissioner, LASU VC, Others by FireUpNow(m): 5:19am On Nov 08, 2023
LASU is the satellite campus of Chicago State University. Why is corruption so rife in this country! With just WAEC/GCE certificate they can still contest for political positions. I don't know the craze for university degrees
Re: Degree For Sale: Lagos Assembly Invites Commissioner, LASU VC, Others by Stevyne: 5:49am On Nov 08, 2023
aQUINandmore:
While I was working in a federal polytechnic in Southern part of nigeria, an OND certificate signed by the rector office was 80,000 naira while HND was 150,000.

Funny thing was, the school fees per session of the institution was 45k for evening student and around 15 to 20k for regular students.

The fact is it happens in EVERY public universities, polytechnics, colleges, even in secondary schools things dey play.

If you know how curropt Nigerians are in nature, you go just shake your head and smile. cheesy
you still get connect for that poly?
Re: Degree For Sale: Lagos Assembly Invites Commissioner, LASU VC, Others by Hassanmaye(m): 6:27am On Nov 08, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
That is very swift! I applaud the Lagos State Assembly for quickly rising to the occasion like a working efficient system we are known for in Lagos state. I am equally not surprised that the LASU management is cooperating fully.

Lagos state will get to the bottom of this and ensure that everyone indicted is sanctioned and this unfortunate incident never happens again.

NUC and DSS should extend the sting operation to other schools, especially the state, private and the newly created federal universities. The National Assembly should give all the support to NUC and DSS ( even JAMB!) to tackle and this kind of menace in the universities. It's common unacceptable!)

Below was my initial response:

Eko o gba gbere at all at all.

For now they are regarded as innocent until proven otherwise but if they are eventually proven as guilty, none of them will escape jail, everyone involved must have their day in court.

This is not a state or region where a young woman will forge her JAMB result then drag a whole institution like JAMB with the support of most of her people behind her claiming she was being persecuted not until the bubble bursts that she is the liar.

We will not cover you up because our Lagos is not a hiding place for you if you're not going to be law abiding.

I know that the LASU management and Governing Board will definitely cooperate. The Lagos State House of Assembly must conduct an enquiry on this serious issue as well to understand the whole issue.

This is a very commendable action by the Federal Government agency, DSS and Prof. Fagbohun, the former VC.

I recommend that the DSS and NUC conduct sting operations across board, especially all the SU, SU ,SU state 'universities', private and new FG schools. This report on LASU is heart breaking and completely unacceptable! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Noise

1 Like

Re: Degree For Sale: Lagos Assembly Invites Commissioner, LASU VC, Others by nkemoma(m): 6:30am On Nov 08, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
That is very swift! I applaud the Lagos State Assembly for quickly rising to the occasion like a working efficient system we are known for in Lagos state. I am equally not surprised that the LASU management is cooperating fully.

Lagos state will get to the bottom of this and ensure that everyone indicted is sanctioned and this unfortunate incident never happens again.

NUC and DSS should extend the sting operation to other schools, especially the state, private and the newly created federal universities. The National Assembly should give all the support to NUC and DSS ( even JAMB!) to tackle and this kind of menace in the universities. It's common unacceptable!)

For now they are regarded as innocent until proven otherwise but if they are eventually proven as guilty, none of them will escape jail, everyone involved must have their day in court.

This is not a state or region where a young woman will forge her JAMB result then drag a whole institution like JAMB with the support of most of her people behind her claiming she was being persecuted not until the bubble bursts that she is the liar.

We will not cover you up because our Lagos is not a hiding place for you if you're not going to be law abiding.

I know that the LASU management and Governing Board will definitely cooperate. The Lagos State House of Assembly must conduct an enquiry on this serious issue as well to understand the whole issue.

This is a very commendable action by the Federal Government agency, DSS and Prof. Fagbohun, the former VC.

I recommend that the DSS and NUC conduct sting operations across board, especially all the SU, SU ,SU state 'universities', private and new FG schools. This report on LASU is heart breaking and completely unacceptable! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Mugu.. all this epistle and you failed to acknowledge the KingPin himself The Founder of Certificate forgery in high places

Ebola GBola Achmed Tifnubu!!

U are not wise at all

1 Like

Re: Degree For Sale: Lagos Assembly Invites Commissioner, LASU VC, Others by sirqeeboi(m): 7:15am On Nov 08, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Hahaha.. You're kidding right?Please remove private universities abeg. Universities are not like primary and secondary schools.

And if UNILAG is not there, just forget it wink UNILAG is the only school that has a brand in Nigeria. That's why most applicants who don't get in end up in those other schools later to come for UNILAG for PG.

Don't exempt UniLag, all schools are guilty except proved otherwise. do you know all this schools run different program which give room for all these certificates forgery. DLI part time sandwinch and all sort. Jamb has been trying to regulate these corruption by ensuring all the programs went through Jamb also ensuring not admitting more than capacity and minimum academic session are met but these schools aren't cooperating, have these loop hole to perpetrate their works.
just provide 5 credits olevel and get a certificate.

1 Like

Re: Degree For Sale: Lagos Assembly Invites Commissioner, LASU VC, Others by Kaiser20: 7:16am On Nov 08, 2023
You, people should have mercy on Tinubu, LASU, Lagosians, and SW, as you all can read, they have abandoned this post already.
No commentaries.

1 Like

Re: Degree For Sale: Lagos Assembly Invites Commissioner, LASU VC, Others by DOM7: 7:23am On Nov 08, 2023
Tinubu gate! Certificate has been bastardized in Nigeria from Buhari to Tinubu,is just mere paper so don't waste tax payers money investigating it anybody can get it from a vendor.

1 Like

Re: Degree For Sale: Lagos Assembly Invites Commissioner, LASU VC, Others by MrUchenna1(m): 7:51am On Nov 08, 2023
They don't have the moral right to do such..... CHARCOAL WAN BLEACH
Re: Degree For Sale: Lagos Assembly Invites Commissioner, LASU VC, Others by Hoelujohn: 8:06am On Nov 08, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

The culprits have not done anything bad. They only got it from third party vendors which the supreme court says it's legal.

1 Like

Re: Degree For Sale: Lagos Assembly Invites Commissioner, LASU VC, Others by Noblemanonpoint: 8:38am On Nov 08, 2023
They need to be brought to the book. The crazy thing is this basically happens in all schools. These ones were exposed.
NUC and DSS need to spread their tentacles to catch these criminals.
Re: Degree For Sale: Lagos Assembly Invites Commissioner, LASU VC, Others by ambale(m): 9:00am On Nov 08, 2023
Hope yawa no go gas Sha

Cos some of those assembly members fit don even benefit from the fraud sef

Abi no be naija again

Let's watch how they do their job sha
Re: Degree For Sale: Lagos Assembly Invites Commissioner, LASU VC, Others by slowice(m): 9:04am On Nov 08, 2023
Tilumbu built that too grin it's legal so why bother the VC. If you must invite anyone start from the builder of all things grin
Re: Degree For Sale: Lagos Assembly Invites Commissioner, LASU VC, Others by Nwanna2588: 9:34am On Nov 08, 2023
One thing I know is that if it is anything from 2014 till date, they cannot get away with it because JAMB has their list
Re: Degree For Sale: Lagos Assembly Invites Commissioner, LASU VC, Others by Richhaley(m): 10:54am On Nov 08, 2023
Good morning house Let us
Get you accommodations
Start requests and also doing your Booking and reservations
đź“ť
If you are a fresher/newly admitted and hasn’t resumed
Now is the time to start getting your apartments if you have been given admission and have paid school fees cause the price of apartments are still normal now buh will soon start going up and apartments are becoming scarce

https:///JW9TVVemWePGbGKCEpGLhe
Re: Degree For Sale: Lagos Assembly Invites Commissioner, LASU VC, Others by jackie111(m): 12:41pm On Nov 08, 2023
ednut1:
Many of those in lagos house of assembly also bought their LASU degrees.

4 years in LASU is really nothing
3 millie and everything don set
Re: Degree For Sale: Lagos Assembly Invites Commissioner, LASU VC, Others by newoffer: 7:14am On Nov 10, 2023
Make we report people wey no go Lasu wey dey write LASU for their profile.
skylarr:
I hope that the Lagos State University investigates this matter fully and deeply in order to get to the bottom of it. Everyone involved should be brought to book. Such should not be tolerated in a reputable institution such as LASU.
Acts like these forms the bedrock of corruption in the society and unfortunately, same people will say Nigeria isn't working.
Re: Degree For Sale: Lagos Assembly Invites Commissioner, LASU VC, Others by RepoMan007: 2:23am On Dec 31, 2023
Reminder.

1 Like

Re: Degree For Sale: Lagos Assembly Invites Commissioner, LASU VC, Others by CodeTemplar: 4:39pm On Jan 02
LASU

Faster than Cotonou.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From FUTO Convocation As Okorocha Bags Doctorate Degree / Federal University Ebonyi Generates Own Power, Independent Of National Grid / Download WAEC Past Questions PDF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.