Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,463 members, 7,836,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

What I Did As I Got Tired Of Job Hunting + Summary Of Me - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What I Did As I Got Tired Of Job Hunting + Summary Of Me (492 Views)

5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? / Some Fun While Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What I Did As I Got Tired Of Job Hunting + Summary Of Me by captaininiobong(m): 8:59pm On Nov 07, 2023
Hello everyone, i use to read of how people job hunt and never believed I will do so when I was an undergraduate. Im a graduate now (2 years) and have applied in numerous firms. Some don't reply. Some after interview I don't hear from them.

I decided to learn something by changing the format of my CV. This time I searched for profesional cv of I.T Technical Support Staff
and how to respond in interviews. I corrected the errors and detailed mine to be somewhat similar but not plagiarized.

I appreciate the creator for the opportunity to be in university and graduate successfully but if I had known this type of knowledge I have now, after my secondary school, I would have learnt a tech skill and by now I wouldn't have been in the shoe to job hunt. All my days in computer engineering department, University of Uyo, Akwaibom State, I have been reading textbooks and solving maths just to pass exams with no experience in tech.

I studied computer engineering in uniuyo 2013 but never one day in my life where we taught how to fix or couple a faulty computer. The dirty old programming language we were taught, most of us manage to pass because we had strategy to pass. It was after my service year I started to learn python programming and I compared it to qbasic I use to learn in school, it was a waste of time and resources.

So I decided to focus on what I love doing in data science. But it has not really been easy learning alone. Sometimes when I'm out of data, I have to wait till another week before I get one.

I was working in one of the schools in Abuja as a computer teacher, but one of my guy had little issues which made us left. I had to leave because I was threatened. My guy is a digital marketer and he collected loan from some men in the school to buy courses inorder to resell, guess what, business didn't go as planned and he ended up defaulting. But base on I signed as guarantor for him, I had to leave or else the little 40k I was paid, someone will start dragging it with me to pay loan.

Trust me it's not easy to stay without a job. But immediately I had to apply inorder schools which I'm sure if they will call , it will be by the beginning of next session.

I wanted something I can do like to repair computers which was the skill I learnt after school but no place to practicalize it except where I learnt. This is Nigeria , if you affiliate with anyone they will feel you got no idea about computer Technical work and the next thing is to bill you that you are a beginner, so often times I go to schools that makes use of computer and drop my business card to tell them about my service.

I can also teach computer for secondary schools which I kept on applying and hoping to be called. If it is successful, I will be able to find time towards the evening to dedicate to my data science course with extensive learning. Since I was able to get a core i5 system during my service year.

Recently, I contacted a someone who is in Lagos if there are jobs there he said yes but the only issue is having where to stay. I don't even know how to get to Lagos probably I would go and sleep under the bridge then with time I will recover.

I grew up in a family where I don't know who is my uncle , aunty, cousin or whatever. I passed through hell in uniuyo with hunger and pains. Only to find that my own uncle is in cross river, he never sent me, he didn't even know if I exist. When he learnt I'm about to graduate during the heat of COVID, he said he wanted to see me. I loose guarded him immediately because when I needed him he never showed up, he felt I will be stress and burden to him.

I swear, What kept me in university sucessfully were; my God, my mum's prayers, my prayers and my weed but I dont cush anymore again, and don't really find pleasure because age is catching up. I cushed weed to overcome depression and get motivated to study. I always go to night class with weed in bag. Well this is just for another day but In the university I went, if your spirit is sensitive, you can see a demon and sense it, so not everyone graduates successfully some spend longer years than others. I spent 8 years (talk for another time).

My advice to everyone who is in same job hunting is to get a digital skill, some courses can go as low as 5k but learn from someone who is making money from it. There are many half baked tutors looking for your money after that you won't hear from them or you won't find value. Anyone you are paying money too, find out his or her earnings in a video call.

If you have a mobile phone, try learn a skill. I was at advantage because I learnt Amazon kdp from my guy and as a result I was able to write my own Amazon kdp book and throughout this time when I am jobless atleast I use to earn 5k - 10k every 60days from Amazon without working (I had done the working earlier ago) but this goes to data and food as my parents aren't working and I got junior one in university to look after.

I never wanted to plus because responsibilities where on my shoulder and I knew if I go to devil to get money, I will be given the instructions never to spend on anyone around me except the one I will use for ritual. The reason is that I fought with devil sometime ago and won but If you ask me I can't explain. So I never planned on going to doing anything illegal or ritual because the money will be on condition, and I'm always defaulting condition, I'm this kind of person that doesn't like condition especially if I see it hurt my freedom.

I was thinking on selling my laptop but it looks like a stupid decision because I believe to use it and make funds no company can pay me. At my age now, how much do I want to save that will buy me a car or build a house and get married. So I never did that because I believe in online.

Experienced members in the house, how did you manage the condition of no job after graduation and learning a digital skills to earn online?

Thanks for reading my piece.
Re: What I Did As I Got Tired Of Job Hunting + Summary Of Me by Rumor2ruth: 7:17am On Nov 08, 2023
Hmmn,this is very deep. Everyone with his own life drama. Don't loose hope bro,God almighty is your strength. Better days ahead.
captaininiobong:
Hello everyone, i use to read of how people job hunt and never believed I will do so when I was an undergraduate. Im a graduate now (2 years) and have applied in numerous firms. Some don't reply. Some after interview I don't hear from them.

I decided to learn something by changing the format of my CV. This time I searched for profesional cv of I.T Technical Support Staff
and how to respond in interviews. I corrected the errors and detailed mine to be somewhat similar but not plagiarized.

I appreciate the creator for the opportunity to be in university and graduate successfully but if I had known this type of knowledge I have now, after my secondary school, I would have learnt a tech skill and by now I wouldn't have been in the shoe to job hunt. All my days in computer engineering department, University of Uyo, Akwaibom State, I have been reading textbooks and solving maths just to pass exams with no experience in tech.

I studied computer engineering in uniuyo 2013 but never one day in my life where we taught how to fix or couple a faulty computer. The dirty old programming language we were taught, most of us manage to pass because we had strategy to pass. It was after my service year I started to learn python programming and I compared it to qbasic I use to learn in school, it was a waste of time and resources.

So I decided to focus on what I love doing in data science. But it has not really been easy learning alone. Sometimes when I'm out of data, I have to wait till another week before I get one.

I was working in one of the schools in Abuja as a computer teacher, but one of my guy had little issues which made us left. I had to leave because I was threatened. My guy is a digital marketer and he collected loan from some men in the school to buy courses inorder to resell, guess what, business didn't go as planned and he ended up defaulting. But base on I signed as guarantor for him, I had to leave or else the little 40k I was paid, someone will start dragging it with me to pay loan.

Trust me it's not easy to stay without a job. But immediately I had to apply inorder schools which I'm sure if they will call , it will be by the beginning of next session.

I wanted something I can do like to repair computers which was the skill I learnt after school but no place to practicalize it except where I learnt. This is Nigeria , if you affiliate with anyone they will feel you got no idea about computer Technical work and the next thing is to bill you that you are a beginner, so often times I go to schools that makes use of computer and drop my business card to tell them about my service.

I can also teach computer for secondary schools which I kept on applying and hoping to be called. If it is successful, I will be able to find time towards the evening to dedicate to my data science course with extensive learning. Since I was able to get a core i5 system during my service year.

Recently, I contacted a someone who is in Lagos if there are jobs there he said yes but the only issue is having where to stay. I don't even know how to get to Lagos probably I would go and sleep under the bridge then with time I will recover.

I grew up in a family where I don't know who is my uncle , aunty, cousin or whatever. I passed through hell in uniuyo with hunger and pains. Only to find that my own uncle is in cross river, he never sent me, he didn't even know if I exist. When he learnt I'm about to graduate during the heat of COVID, he said he wanted to see me. I loose guarded him immediately because when I needed him he never showed up, he felt I will be stress and burden to him.

I swear, What kept me in university sucessfully were; my God, my mum's prayers, my prayers and my weed but I dont cush anymore again, and don't really find pleasure because age is catching up. I cushed weed to overcome depression and get motivated to study. I always go to night class with weed in bag. Well this is just for another day but In the university I went, if your spirit is sensitive, you can see a demon and sense it, so not everyone graduates successfully some spend longer years than others. I spent 8 years (talk for another time).

My advice to everyone who is in same job hunting is to get a digital skill, some courses can go as low as 5k but learn from someone who is making money from it. There are many half baked tutors looking for your money after that you won't hear from them or you won't find value. Anyone you are paying money too, find out his or her earnings in a video call.

If you have a mobile phone, try learn a skill. I was at advantage because I learnt Amazon kdp from my guy and as a result I was able to write my own Amazon kdp book and throughout this time when I am jobless atleast I use to earn 5k - 10k every 60days from Amazon without working (I had done the working earlier ago) but this goes to data and food as my parents aren't working and I got junior one in university to look after.

I never wanted to plus because responsibilities where on my shoulder and I knew if I go to devil to get money, I will be given the instructions never to spend on anyone around me except the one I will use for ritual. The reason is that I fought with devil sometime ago and won but If you ask me I can't explain. So I never planned on going to doing anything illegal or ritual because the money will be on condition, and I'm always defaulting condition, I'm this kind of person that doesn't like condition especially if I see it hurt my freedom.

I was thinking on selling my laptop but it looks like a stupid decision because I believe to use it and make funds no company can pay me. At my age now, how much do I want to save that will buy me a car or build a house and get married. So I never did that because I believe in online.

Experienced members in the house, how did you manage the condition of no job after graduation and learning a digital skills to earn online?

Thanks for reading my piece.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Can One Really Make In Tech / Primmer.co A Legit Or Scam Website? / Need A Speaker For 2 Hour Talk On Marketing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.