Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Ghanaian Visa: How Long Would It Take To Have One Process At The Lagos Embassy - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ghanaian Visa: How Long Would It Take To Have One Process At The Lagos Embassy (499 Views)

FG Patches Potholes On Sagamu-Ore Axis Of The Lagos-Benin Expressway / More Pictures Of The Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction / Fight Breaks Out At The Lagos Airport As NLC Attempts To Shut It Down. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghanaian Visa: How Long Would It Take To Have One Process At The Lagos Embassy by IjeBos(m): 7:03am On Nov 08, 2023
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a Ghanaian Visa at the Lagos embassy?
Re: Ghanaian Visa: How Long Would It Take To Have One Process At The Lagos Embassy by aoshi: 7:21am On Nov 08, 2023
You need a visa to visit Ghana?
Perhaps you aren't a West African.
Re: Ghanaian Visa: How Long Would It Take To Have One Process At The Lagos Embassy by IjeBos(m): 7:53pm On Nov 08, 2023
aoshi:
You need a visa to visit Ghana?
Perhaps you aren't a West African.

My Nigerian passport expired, thought I'd be able to sort it out before heading out to Ghana when I land in Nigeria. But had to move the Ghana trip up earlier (a couple of business days after I land). Need to know if I can get a Visa in 24-48 hours or so at the Lagos embassy.

Thanks for you help though.
Re: Ghanaian Visa: How Long Would It Take To Have One Process At The Lagos Embassy by Fountain777: 9:44pm On Nov 09, 2023
You don't need a visa to gwt to Ghana, simple get a passport, health card and a few bucks for transport, hotel, ABC transport will take you there hassel free drom lagos as long as you got a passport and health card
Re: Ghanaian Visa: How Long Would It Take To Have One Process At The Lagos Embassy by Ojey1234: 6:06am On Nov 10, 2023
Good day house pls who is going to Ghana that can help me go along with my international passport for entry and dippature stamping
Re: Ghanaian Visa: How Long Would It Take To Have One Process At The Lagos Embassy by IjeBos(m): 10:16pm On Nov 10, 2023
Fountain777:
You don't need a visa to gwt to Ghana, simple get a passport, health card and a few bucks for transport, hotel, ABC transport will take you there hassel free drom lagos as long as you got a passport and health card

My Nigerian passport is expired. I can get it done in most a week, once I land in Lagos. But, I need to fly out to Ghana 5 days after I land. The dates I need to be in Ghana are already set. I am about to get a passport waiver, whatever that is, to get it done faster. But, I haven't been given certainty that I can get the Passport by the time I fly out. Everything in Nigeria seems to involve some level of uncertainty and so I want to have a fool proof option. If I can get the GH Visa done in a day, I'll do that and just pick up the passport when I get back to Lagos. If, I can't I'll send my US passort to the Ghana Embassy in the US for a Visa. I appreciate the advice, but it doesn't pertain to my situation.
Re: Ghanaian Visa: How Long Would It Take To Have One Process At The Lagos Embassy by IjeBos(m): 7:49pm On Nov 22, 2023
A friend told me about the ECOWAS travel document, says it can be completed in a couple of hours and will let me into Ghana. Will try this route. Will update how it works out.
Re: Ghanaian Visa: How Long Would It Take To Have One Process At The Lagos Embassy by IjeBos(m): 1:48pm On Jan 07
Update:

There are options to gets this done which I am unfortunately am personally aware of.
1.) You can get a Nigerian passport done in a day (with a cost). The problem is you have to make sure your NIN will validate. If not game over.
2.) Ghana has a Visa On Arrival policy processed when you land at the Ghana airport for the Xmas period. Problem is that this working is dependent on the Nigerian gate agent being aware of the policy and not looking to keep you off the flight for a bribe (400k).
3.) There is an ECOWAS travel passport-document you can get relatively quickly. The problem is that for whatever reason they are not readily available. Now, if you do need one and have a good contact, you can find one and have one processed and delivered to you in about 10 hours from outside your state for a cost.

Moral: Nigeria will frustrate you and if you are in a similar situation as I, get your documents sorted before arriving in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It That People In Nigeria Settle Down Quicker Than Japa People / Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport Abuja Temporarily Shutdown / Communal Crisis At Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.