Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? (2563 Views)

Where Is "Holy Ghost Fire" Mentioned In The Bible? / The Four Types Of Tithes As Mentioned in The Bible / Types Of Prayers Mentioned In The Bible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by VikingKing: 5:43pm On Nov 08, 2023
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all indication points to Nigeria. Why weren't we taught this in Bible class as kids?

As in, how else could you have described Nigeria??

Mynd44
Nlfpmod
Mukina2

2 Likes

Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by VikingKing: 5:46pm On Nov 08, 2023
OLAADEGBU Righteousness2 other knowledgeable people should please educate us. This is Nigeria.
Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by MS247: 5:48pm On Nov 08, 2023

Why una they famz middle east mythology and story book

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by OPICANTO2223: 5:49pm On Nov 08, 2023
VikingKing:
OLAADEGBU Righteousness2 other knowledgeable people should please educate us. This is Nigeria.

Just like queen of Sheba died in Yoruba land. Ghana should also be mentioned
Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by Catapault: 5:51pm On Nov 08, 2023
It could be. The description is certainly of a place in West or Central Africa which lie ‘’beyond the rivers of Ethiopia”, ie beyond the Nile river, looking from Israel.

4 Likes

Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by VikingKing: 5:53pm On Nov 08, 2023
OPICANTO2223:

Just like queen of Sheba died in Yoruba land. Ghana should also be mentioned

Is Ghana divided by rivers? Does Ghana worship the Eagle symbolism the way Nigeria is quick to slap Eagles wings on anything its affiliated with? We even named our football teams after flying things 🤣🤣

Are Ghanains notorious all over the world like Nigerians?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by Catapault: 5:55pm On Nov 08, 2023
MS247:

Why una they famz middle east mythology and story book.

The Old Testament was written by black men.

The Israelites were black Africans.

Lamentations 5:10

“Our skin is black like an oven”

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by VikingKing: 5:55pm On Nov 08, 2023
Catapault:
It could be. The description is certainly of a place in West or Central Africa which lie ‘’beyond the rivers of Ethiopia”, ie beyond the Nile river, looking from Israel.

Bro if its West Africa then it's most certainly Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by Catapault: 5:59pm On Nov 08, 2023
VikingKing:

Bro if its West Africa then it's most certainly Nigeria.

Perhaps, but the “tall and smooth skinned people” description seems to fit people in northern Nigeria, South Sudan, Mali, Senegal etc.
Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by VikingKing: 6:00pm On Nov 08, 2023
Catapault:

Perhaps, but the “tall and smooth skinned people” description seems to fit people in South Sudan, Mali, Senegal etc

We have Shuwa-Arabs here too na, the Hausa-Fulanis

BTW... is Mali divided by a confluence of Rivers? What about S.Sudan? Senegal?

2 Likes

Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by Catapault: 6:04pm On Nov 08, 2023
VikingKing:

We have Shuwa-Arabs here too na, the Hausa-Fulanis

BTW... is Mali divided by a confluence of Rivers? What about S.Sudan?

Yeah, I just added northern Nigeria to the list. The Niger River does ‘divide our land’, so Nigeria is a very strong possibility for the description.

4 Likes

Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by VikingKing: 6:08pm On Nov 08, 2023
Catapault:

Yeah, I just added northern Nigeria to the list. The Niger River does ‘divide our land’, so Nigeria is a very strong possibility for the description.

If it is then why weren't we taught this in church? Is it that they don't know? Perhaps they haven't given it a thought? Because I found this in a foreign forum while searching for something on Google. Even foreigners think it's Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by kettykin: 6:09pm On Nov 08, 2023
The only light skinned tribes are in igbo Land and niger Delta and this is what makesup the defunct Biafra.

The only landscape that fits this prophecy is Biafra. Little wonder the devil and his cohorts have been fighting tooth and nail to abort Biafra

3 Likes

Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by LAXconfidential(m): 6:12pm On Nov 08, 2023
kettykin:
The only light skinned tribes are in igbo land niger delta

True, there are actually more dark smooth-skinned people than light in Nigeria. This could be true

1 Like

Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by illicit(m): 6:15pm On Nov 08, 2023
West Africans rarely travel far

Until much later
Most of our ancestors died and were buried here
Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by LAXconfidential(m): 6:20pm On Nov 08, 2023
illicit:

Until much later

The Queen of Sheba

King of Mali

Their travels are well documented

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by illicit(m): 6:21pm On Nov 08, 2023
LAXconfidential:

The Queen of Sheba

Some say she is Ethiopian
Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by Catapault: 6:21pm On Nov 08, 2023
illicit:

Until much later

You are wrong.

West African ships of the Mali Empire sailed to the Americas several hundred years before Christopher Columbus, who supposedly ‘discovered’ the region.

Read the book “They Came Before Columbus” by Ivan Sertima.

It’s filled with evidence and details.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by illicit(m): 6:22pm On Nov 08, 2023
LAXconfidential:

The Queen of Sheba

King of Mali

King of Mali

Much later, most think he got lost at sea

1 Like

Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by VikingKing: 6:27pm On Nov 08, 2023
APCNig:

If you concentrate on your life, maybe you would not beg for food like those before you

Is everything alright at home?

4 Likes

Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by VikingKing: 6:33pm On Nov 08, 2023
illicit:

Some say she is Ethiopian

She was said to be of Yoruba decent, and she is buried in Ijebu Ode.

6 Likes

Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by Catapault: 6:45pm On Nov 08, 2023
VikingKing:

If it is then why weren't we taught this in church? Is it that they don't know? Perhaps they haven't given it a thought? Because I found this in a foreign forum while searching for something on Google. Even foreigners think it's Nigeria.

The idea is not to empower you by showing you your greatness, but to suppress you, and make you feel dependent for your salvation on a white ‘saviour’.

That was how the white missionaries branded the religion to our forbears whom they conquered.

And that’s the same theme carried on till today by our so-called pastors. The blind leading the blind.

If not, we would EASILY notice that it’s a book about what happened to the Africans who dominated the so-called ‘middle east’ in ancient times.

That ‘middle east’ is actually northeast Africa if you go back far enough.

Our ancestors were driven from there just as they were driven from Egypt, after thousands of years of dominating the region.

Zephaniah 3:10

“From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia, my DISPERSED ONES shall bring my offering”.

Amos 9:7

“Are you not just like ETHIOPIANS to me, o children of Israel, said the Lord”

Statements like this are all over the bible, showing the Israelites were Africans.

5 Likes

Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by T8ksy(m): 6:48pm On Nov 08, 2023
kettykin:
The only light skinned tribes are in igbo Land and niger Delta and this is what makesup the defunct Biafra.

Am light-skinned, like my old man and my paternal G/mother however, we are all "true shoin of the shoil" - Yoruba.
Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by Brek: 7:00pm On Nov 08, 2023
Catapault:

The Old Testament was written by black men.

The Israelites were black Africans.

Lamentations 5:10

“Our skin is black like an oven”
No it's talking about hunger

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by Catapault: 7:04pm On Nov 08, 2023
Brek:

No it's talking about hunger

Does a white man’s skin turn “black like an oven“ when he is hungry?

Nope.

That only happens to black folks during famine.

Go and watch old videos of famine in Darfur and Somalia. The people turn pure pitch black.

So black that they turn an ash-coloured, smoky grey black, like of an ‘oven’.

2 Likes

Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by Macdeey: 7:11pm On Nov 08, 2023
VikingKing:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all indication points to Nigeria. Why weren't we taught this in Bible class as kids?

Mynd44
Nlfpmod
Mukina2
It could have been mentioned , Because Bible has been edited and modefied Over a period of time! Anything is possible cool cool cool
Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by KillahPriest: 7:18pm On Nov 08, 2023
They're waking up finally cool

5 Likes

Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by eshie(m): 7:24pm On Nov 08, 2023
Macdeey:
It could have been mentioned , Because Bible has been edited and modefied Over a period of time! Anything is possible cool cool cool

Well, Bible talks of Simeon named NIGER which means black

Acts 13:1
[1]Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.
Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by OPICANTO2223: 7:27pm On Nov 08, 2023
VikingKing:

Is Ghana divided by rivers? Does Ghana worship the Eagle symbolism the way Nigeria is quick to slap Eagles wings on anything its affiliated with? We even named our football teams after flying things 🤣🤣

Are Ghanains notorious all over the world like Nigerians?

Noooo, frustration has killed most African countries due to lots of factors. Homo sapiens, homo erectus, kenyapiticus , etc are all associated with African human evolution 🧬
( are they all linked in the bible?). Did queen of Sheba died in Yoruba land?. Before the bible, tora etc what was?. Forget what is written because history is written by human. There is also eagles of Mali

2 Likes

Re: Was Nigeria Mentioned In The Bible? by swaggerjack: 7:54pm On Nov 08, 2023
VikingKing:

Mynd44
Nlfpmod
Mukina2
Yes, Nigeria was mentioned.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does "Juju Or Jaz" Really Work? / Why Targetting Christmas Market Place? / Sowore: Why Olukoya Is Dragging Me To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.