Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,926 members, 7,814,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Website Flipping Business - Partners Needed - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Website Flipping Business - Partners Needed (407 Views)

I Wrote A Book About Starting A Lucrative Website Flipping Side Business / Beginner’s Guide To Website Flipping Business / How To Become A Millionaire With Domain Flipping Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Flipping Business - Partners Needed by Gosiso: 6:18pm On Nov 08, 2023
If you've heard about website Flipping, then you know how lucrative it can be.

I've flipped a few sites before that I built from scratch, but I have an idea I want to try out.

The idea is to utilize expired domains to quickly build high authority sites that I can resell in 6-month time frames for between $2,000 to $3,000.

I'm open to partnerships and willing to share responsibility to make the business a profitable one.

After selling the site, profit would be split 60/40 in favour of partners.

Here are some areas I'll be in charge of:

- I'll provide the hosting for the whole set up
- I'll build the site and do the SEO
- I'll research content ideas and work with freelancers to develop high quality contents
- I'll provide adsense account if there's need to make money with the site before selling it.

What I expect from partners:

- Buy the domain name and have control over it (This is important to provide leverage for partners)

- Provide funding for the articles

- Provide advice if you have any complementary experience

Kindly indicate if you're interested.
Re: Website Flipping Business - Partners Needed by Gosiso: 7:39am On Nov 09, 2023
Good morning! Any takers?
Re: Website Flipping Business - Partners Needed by Gosiso: 2:23pm On Nov 10, 2023
Serious partners only. Let's make money!
Re: Website Flipping Business - Partners Needed by kingobi97: 2:27pm On Nov 10, 2023
What's the idea here, I don't get. People flip domains without buying hosting and building the site

Why are you building the site?
Re: Website Flipping Business - Partners Needed by Gosiso: 2:51pm On Nov 10, 2023
kingobi97:
What's the idea here, I don't get. People flip domains without buying hosting and building the site

Why are you building the site?

Yes, you're right.

You can flip a domain name without building a website or blog on it.

But domain flipping is quite different from website flipping.

With domain flipping, there's no guarantee that someone would buy your domain. It's more of a gamble.

A lot of domain flippers can attest to this.

While it is possible to sell a domain for good profit after few days of purchase, majority of domainers would never be that lucky.

In fact, many domainers today are sitting on a long list of domain names that may never sell.

The next best thing is then to park the domain name and start earning a small income from visitors. But that is if the domain already has strong backlinks and organic traffic.

However, with website flipping, you are going to make the site even more valuable by building out the organic traffic with strong content and backlinks that guarantees that someone would be willing to pay for the site.

It doesn't matter if the domain used is a shitty one, as long as it gets reasonable traffic and can make money, someone would pay for it.

Let me use this analogy. Domain flippers are like land sellers while website flippers are like property developers.

Now, you know who is more likely to consistently make money from the business for a very long time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Website Flipping Business - Partners Needed by TechSavvyStack: 10:08am On Nov 11, 2023
Gosiso:

Yes, you're right.

You can flip a domain name without building a website or blog on it.

But domain flipping is quite different from website flipping.

With domain flipping, there's no guarantee that someone would buy your domain. It's more of a gamble.

A lot of domain flippers can attest to this.

While it is possible to sell a domain for good profit after few days of purchase, majority of domainers would never be that lucky.

In fact, many domainers today are sitting on a long list of domain names that may never sell.

The next best thing is then to park the domain name and start earning a small income from visitors. But that is if the domain already has strong backlinks and organic traffic.

However, with website flipping, you are going to make the site even more valuable by building out the organic traffic with strong content and backlinks that guarantees that someone would be willing to pay for the site.

It doesn't matter if the domain used is a shitty one, as long as it gets reasonable traffic and can make money, someone would pay for it.

Let me use this analogy. Domain flippers are like land sellers while website flippers are like property developers.

Now, you know who is more likely to consistently make money from the business for a very long time.

In your analogy, land will always sell faster....
The increased cost of developing a property makes it more expensive on the side of the investors.
Re: Website Flipping Business - Partners Needed by Liftkid(m): 11:20am On Nov 11, 2023
Let’s talk about it
Re: Website Flipping Business - Partners Needed by Gosiso: 12:08pm On Nov 11, 2023
TechSavvyStack:

In your analogy, land will always sell faster....
The increased cost of developing a property makes it more expensive on the side of the investors.

The plan is not to sell faster.

The plan is to increase the chances of selling the property and making consistent income.

If you buy a shitty domain name or a domain name that nobody wants, then you've already lost your investment.

However, I could take that same shitty domain name and turn it into a site that sells for thousands of dollars.

On the side ofn cost...

The increased cost of developing the property shouldn't be a concern for a true investor.

The argument should come down to the economics of the ROI.

For example, I have a writer that could write a 4,000 word article at N1 per word.

If he delivers 4 articles per week, that'll be an outlay of 16k per week from the investor, paid after the articles are delivered.

I plan to publish at least 100 articles on the blog before selling it.

So, the total investment from the investor would be around 400k over the course of 6 months.

If the site sells for just $2,000 which is over 2million naira, and the investor gets his 60% cut which is about 1.2 million, that's a healthy 300% profit.

And that's discounting whether the site earns any income along the way via adsense revenue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Website Flipping Business - Partners Needed by Gosiso: 12:13pm On Nov 11, 2023
Liftkid:
Let’s talk about it

Let's chat on WhatsApp. Number on signature.
Re: Website Flipping Business - Partners Needed by RESHARPENED: 1:36pm On Nov 11, 2023
Only idiots will take you up on this offer.

First, you want 40% of the sales proceeds for doing virtually NOTHING.

You intend to "hire a writer" for #1/word while the investor forks out over #400,000 in tranches of #16,000 per week.

While you bring NOTHING.

The turnover period on flipping websites for $1K to $2K will NOT be less than 12 MONTHS.

Channel that #400K towards targeted and skilled domain name acquisitions and you'll get a similar, if not better, ROI. ALL without the need for a "middle man".

Finally, your #1/word "writer" is likely going to use AI to write the articles. With poor edits, no doubt. If that's the case, then the organic traffic, i.e value, you hope to add to the domain names is nothing but a pipe dream.

Search engines will rarely reward such terrible jobs long enough for profit realization. In fact, your efforts could end up hurting the domain name.

Next, you talk big without showing proof that you've done this before. Sounds a lot like you want someone to shell out #400K for your "experiment".

1 Like

Re: Website Flipping Business - Partners Needed by Gosiso: 2:20pm On Nov 11, 2023
RESHARPENED:

First, you want 40% of the sales proceeds for doing virtually NOTHING.

You intend to "hire a writer" for #1/word while the investor forks out over #400,000 in tranches of #16,000 per week.

While you bring NOTHING.

The turnover period on flipping websites for $1K to $2K will NOT be less than 12 MONTHS.

Channel that #400K towards targeted and skilled domain name acquisitions and you'll get a similar, if not better, ROI. ALL without the need for a "middle man".

Finally, your #1/word "writer" is likely going to use AI to write the articles. With poor edits, no doubt. If that's the case, then the organic traffic, i.e value, you hope to add to the domain names is nothing but a pipe dream.

Search engines will rarely reward such terrible jobs long enough for profit realization. In fact, your efforts could end up hurting the domain name.

Next, you talk big without showing proof that you've done this before. Sounds a lot like you want someone to shell out #400K for your "experiment".

You're wrong for saying that I bring nothing.

Firstly, I'm paying for the VPS hosting that cost about 15k per month.

I'm also paying to use a keyword research subscription that costs about 10k per month.

I set up the site, do all the SEO and site speed optimizations. I make sure that the site uptime is good.

I do periodic offline backups for the site and solve any onsite issues that might come up.

I come up with the article topics, keyword variations, and the outline to guide the writer.

I also edit the final copy, publish and market the articles to get backlinks and grow the site organically.

On the writer using AI, you're wrong again.

He doesn't use AI tools, he's a writer extraordinaire!

He'll charge me N1 per word because we have a relationship and I introduced him to the world of freelancing.

Plus the site niche would be one he enjoys writing in, he could even write for free sometimes.

We've worked on many projects and he handles some freelancing jobs for me when I don't feel like writing.

Moreover, he's currently writing for one of my blogs in the finance niche, and the site is doing well.

He is not your everyday writer. He writes only long-form articles or research papers of not less than 4,000 words, plus he's niche agnostic.

I could bet he writes better than your N10 per word writer. If you're in doubt, put some money on this.

My role in the partnership would often be overlooked by people who haven't managed a big project before.

A manager isn't paid to take on many roles, but to manage systems and people so as to ensure the overall success of the project.

Partnerships are underrated in Nigeria because people overrate themselves and exaggerate potential results. I understand the risks involved and hope that I could share that risk with others with the hope of sharing the gains as well.
Re: Website Flipping Business - Partners Needed by RESHARPENED: 3:53pm On Nov 11, 2023
Gosiso:

You're wrong for saying that I bring nothing.

VIRTUALLY nothing.

Firstly, I'm paying for the VPS hosting that cost about 15k per month.

A VPS hosting is excessive for a startup blog you're going to flip after a year. Also, there are a lot of places to get cheaper VPS hosting if you insist on it for some weird reasons.

I'm also paying to use a keyword research subscription that costs about 10k per month.

Which one?

I make sure that the site uptime is good.
This is NONSENSE. Save the jargons for people who don't know better.

You have ZERO influence on the uptime after the initial configuration of the DNS.

I do periodic offline backups for the site...

Another nonsense.

I come up with the article topics, keyword variations, and the outline to guide the writer.

Okay. But your "#10k/month Keyword Tool" will do 99% of the heavy lifting here.

I also edit the final copy, publish and market the articles to get backlinks and grow the site organically.

I'll give you the first part.

On the second part, how do you hope to market the articles?

Guest post or buying links?

Who'll fund that? The investor, right?

the writer using AI, you're wrong again.

He doesn't use AI tools, he's a writer extraordinaire!

Writer extraordinaire yet he'll write a 4,000-word uniquely written and thoroughly researched article for less than $4?

Dude, spare me the BULLSHXT!

He'll charge me N1 per word because we have a relationship and I introduced him to the world of freelancing.

Now, we're getting closer to the truth.

Your super writer will collect peanuts because he allegedly reveres you. You are bringing in a THIRD PARTY with whom you have an existing relationship into a new business deal.

As I said earlier, you are being SHADY.

Also, sounds like you are teaching a "masterclass" on freelancing with the promise of jobs after the class. Hence, you're using this thread to drum up business for your other business.

the site niche would be one he enjoys writing in, he could even write for free sometimes.

You don't say.

We've worked on many projects and he handles some freelancing jobs for me when I don't feel like writing.

You're a writer yourself?

The irony writes itself. This is a nice strategy to get #16k/week. It's ALMOST genius.

Moreover, he's currently writing for one of my blogs in the finance niche, and the site is doing well.

Where are the stats for the blog. Your judgement is obviously NOT objective.

Also if you have so many blogs, why do you need someone who'll fork out #400,000 just so you can be a "manager"?

Are your blogs not profitable?

If they are not, why do you think someone should "invest" #400K of their money in another one of your undertakings.

Are your blogs profitable?

If they are, why don't you invest part of your money into your proposal and keep the WHOLE profit for yourself?

He is not your everyday writer. He writes only long-form articles or research papers of not less than 4,000 words, plus he's niche agnostic.

B.S.

I could bet he writes better than your N10 per word writer. If you're in doubt, put some money on this.

You'd lose. You'd lose every time.

My role in the partnership would often be overlooked by people who haven't managed a big project before.

B.S.

A manager isn't paid to take on many roles, but to manage systems and people so as to ensure the overall success of the project.

Save this for secondary school kids

Partnerships are underrated in Nigeria because people overrate themselves and exaggerate potential results. I understand the risks involved and hope that I could share that risk with others with the hope of sharing the gains as well.

Isn't that what you are doing, though?

You understand the risks involved? That's shocking! I don't remember reading anywhere you've written about those risks.

All you've written about are sunshine and rainbows.

You understand the risks involved but you're looking to trap ignorant folks who do NOT understand the risks involved into a #400,000 "investment".

At this point, allow me to refer you to my original post:

Re: Website Flipping Business - Partners Needed by Gosiso: 5:22pm On Nov 11, 2023
RESHARPENED:

You may be right.

That's why there's a quote that says dumb and dumber gets richer and richer.

Your analysis paralysis is already evident and clearly shows that your only role on this thread is to play the cynic.

I'm not here to prove you wrong or divulge any information about my business. When I get a concrete offer, I'll then discuss other intricacies to clear all doubt.

This offer isn't for web gurus who know all the things about building and flipping websites for profit.

It's for business-minded people who can identify an opportunity for making money with realistic expectations.

My goal for creating this thread is one of two outcomes.

1, Find a partner to collaborate with on this project and show others here that flipping websites can be done. OR...

2, In the case that no one partners with me, I'll be able to create a lot of attention/interest here so that people can follow the project, maybe become readers, and probably show people that this can be done.

Either way, this would be an open project and I'll be using Nairaland along with other sites to grow the project.

It's going to be interesting because I won't build it in secret.

I'll share the whole process here, right from the first stage of preordering the shitty expired domain, creating the site, writing the first post, etc.

This could be fun!
Re: Website Flipping Business - Partners Needed by DigitalJobs: 7:11pm On Nov 11, 2023
Gosiso:

You may be right.

That's why there's a quote that says dumb and dumber gets richer and richer.

Your analysis paralysis is already evident and clearly shows that your only role on this thread is to play the cynic.

I'm not here to prove you wrong or divulge any information about my business. When I get a concrete offer, I'll then discuss other intricacies to clear all doubt.

This offer isn't for web gurus who know all the things about building and flipping websites for profit.

It's for business-minded people who can identify an opportunity for making money with realistic expectations.

My goal for creating this thread is one of two outcomes.

1, Find a partner to collaborate with on this project and show others here that flipping websites can be done. OR...

2, In the case that no one partners with me, I'll be able to create a lot of attention/interest here so that people can follow the project, maybe become readers, and probably show people that this can be done.

Either way, this would be an open project and I'll be using Nairaland along with other sites to grow the project.

It's going to be interesting because I won't build it in secret.

I'll share the whole process here, right from the first stage of preordering the shitty expired domain, creating the site, writing the first post, etc.

This could be fun!

This is Great.

Have you gotten your partner already?
Re: Website Flipping Business - Partners Needed by Janiewinkle: 1:34pm On Nov 13, 2023
How many partners are you looking for? Can I still join
Re: Website Flipping Business - Partners Needed by Gosiso: 11:35am On Nov 15, 2023
Janiewinkle:
How many partners are you looking for? Can I still join

Ideally, just one partner for the sake of clarity. The deal is still open.

(1) (Reply)

12 Highly Profitable Side Hustles You Can Start In Nigeria / Can Someone Explain To Me How Binance Is Killing Our Economy / By Line Creation......help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.