Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN (15881 Views)

Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN / Naira Redesign: Old, New Notes Are Legal Tender – CBN Reveals / FG Bows To Will Of The Supreme Court: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by NCBLOG: 6:42pm On Nov 08, 2023
The Central Bank of Nigeria has instructed all its branches nationwide to continue issuing various denominations of both old and redesigned banknotes in ample quantities to deposit money banks.

The Apex Bank disclosed this in a statement signed by its Director, Corporate Communications, Isa AbdulMumin, and posted on its X handle on Wednesday.

This comes in response to reports of cash shortages in major cities, despite earlier assurances from the CBN about sufficient cash availability nationwide.

Part of the statement read, “For the avoidance of doubt, while reiterating that there are sufficient banknotes across the country for all normal economic activity, we wish to state unambiguously that every banknote issued by the Central Bank of Nigeria remains legal tender and should not be rejected by anyone, as stipulated in Section 20(5) of the CBN Act, 2007.

Accordingly, branches of the CBN across the country have been directed to continue to issue different denominations of old and redesigned banknotes in adequate quantities to Deposit Money Banks for onward circulation to bank customers.

We wish to restate that all denominations of banknotes issued by the CBN remain legal tender. In line with Section 20(5) of the CBN Act, 2007.”

It added that “no one should refuse to accept the naira as a means of payment.”

The CBN advised the public to accept all CBN-issued banknotes currently in circulation and guard against panic withdrawals.

“We reaffirm that there is sufficient stock of currency notes to facilitate normal economic activities. Furthermore, to reduce the pressure on the use of physical cash, members of the public are again advised to continue to embrace alternative modes of payment,” it noted.

Source: https://punchng.com/breaking-old-new-naira-notes-remain-legal-tender-cbn/

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by NCBLOG: 6:42pm On Nov 08, 2023
Latest Development, Coming From CBN NOW

Don't Forget, NC BLOG, Bring This UPDATE

2 Likes

Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by Freelancerr(m): 6:43pm On Nov 08, 2023
No wahala.

Hello fine people,
Christmas don reach shey una no go like hire me to help you edit eye-catching videos for your business? I also create wonderful videos like Motion graphics and 3D videos, I also edit perfectly.

I also do data entry jobs in case you need my service my number is on my signature, and you can text me on WhatsApp so we can discuss more your your project.

🙌

3 Likes

Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by Xscape1993(m): 6:43pm On Nov 08, 2023
It is well ooo.
Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by mariahAngel(f): 6:44pm On Nov 08, 2023
Tinubu will hate the new notes ehn! grin

22 Likes

Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by NCBLOG: 6:44pm On Nov 08, 2023
Xscape1993:
It is well ooo.

See More Photos @ www.naija.cover. com
Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by SIXTEENTH(m): 6:51pm On Nov 08, 2023
Nothing changed, Old or New
Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by illicit(m): 7:16pm On Nov 08, 2023
E no go better for Emefiele

✌️

82 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by Ever8090: 7:37pm On Nov 08, 2023
Mtcheewww...
Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by Sundaland: 7:45pm On Nov 08, 2023
Matters arising...
Inside the N5B Presidential yacht already delivered on credit...

The Chief Whip of the Nigerian Senate, Ali Ndume, confirmed last week that the controversial N5 billion Presidential yacht was purchased on credit and already delivered. See the link below for more

The fanciful yacht has already started accruing interest to be settled with income from various sources, including additional loans and from poverty-stricken tax payers.

A presidential yacht has a helipad, garden, spa, cinema, library, personal museum, sports centre, pools, suites and hospital.

Take a look at the luxury floating toy.

https://dailypostngr.com/2023/11/presidential-yacht-deal-already-signed-and-delivered-ndume/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by Kobicove(m): 7:45pm On Nov 08, 2023
I was not expecting anything different from the CBN on this matter undecided

7 Likes

Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by GeeMeshin1(m): 7:45pm On Nov 08, 2023
Update
Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by Mosba: 7:45pm On Nov 08, 2023
J
Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by Kobicove(m): 7:45pm On Nov 08, 2023
illicit:

✌️

I say a big amen to that!

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by Mandate2023: 7:46pm On Nov 08, 2023
Wetin concern us with expired note for dis tinubu period
Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by EngrchidiG25(m): 7:46pm On Nov 08, 2023
Way forward
Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by tesppidd: 7:46pm On Nov 08, 2023
We just suffered for nothing early this year...

And the man who presided over everything is in his village currently sipping fura da nunu, and feeling as docile and irresponsible as ever.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by chris4gold(m): 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2023
B4 nko
Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by marlow1962(m): 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2023
After all the stress and stupidity of some Nigerians too.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2023
There was no plans for the new notes or a plan on how to handle it....

I think it was just used to print more money into the hands of the Politicians for election purposes

5 Likes

Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by STEWpid(f): 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2023
Lobarton!!

A clear indicator that Emefiele messed himself big time.

10 Likes

Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by shiki(m): 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2023
cheesy ok
Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by Wizardslayer: 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2023
Nigeria is a banana republic.

Only God knows what buhari, tinubu and emiefile did with that politics of old naira.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by netpro(m): 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2023
They cheered and celebrated as millions of Nigerians were punished with this useless policy - thinking they will hurt President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

But man no be God. Who God has blessed, no one can curse.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by Ayoswit(f): 7:48pm On Nov 08, 2023
Mtcheew undecided
Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by tesppidd: 7:48pm On Nov 08, 2023
illicit:

✌️
Buhari
Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by JAMANZE: 7:48pm On Nov 08, 2023
Ndi ara

1 Like

Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by tesppidd: 7:48pm On Nov 08, 2023
STEWpid:
Lobarton!!

A clear indicator that Emefiele messed himself big time.
Anybody who thinks that Buhari was not 95 percent responsible is not smart at all.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old, New Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender – CBN by Thinktwicemybro: 7:50pm On Nov 08, 2023
Failed attempt to witdrawal old notes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lottery Forecasting Methods / I Want To Start Selling Snacks In A School. Need Advice / How To Verify Your Phone Number On Fiverr With Us Phone Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.