Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Obaseki Says Ongoing Reforms In Creative Industry Will Transform Edo To Nigeria, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Says Ongoing Reforms In Creative Industry Will Transform Edo To Nigeria, (145 Views)

Wike Replies Obaseki, Says Edo Governor Is A Serial Betrayer / White Money Meets Ugwuanyi, Becomes “Ambassador Of Enugu State In Creative Arts” / Wike Campaigns For Obaseki, Says "Today Is The End Of Godfatherism In Edo" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Says Ongoing Reforms In Creative Industry Will Transform Edo To Nigeria, by UdabaPrince100: 8:52pm On Nov 08, 2023
Obaseki says ongoing reforms in creative industry will transform Edo to Nigeria, Africa’s creative, entertainment hub

_*…You’ve made us proud Edo people, Johnny Drille tells gov*_

_*…commends devt strides, support for young talents*_

The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has said ongoing reforms in the State’s creative and entertainment sector will reposition the State as Nigeria and Africa’s creative and entertainment hub.

The governor said this when he received Edo-born sensational singer and songwriter, John Ighodaro, popularly known as Johnny Drille, who was on a courtesy visit, at the Government House, Benin City, the Edo State capital.

Obaseki said his government has, in the past seven years, undertaken nuanced reforms to change the narrative in the State, placing the State on the path of sustainable growth and development.

He noted that Edo State is blessed with talented people who are making the State proud and placed it on the global map for good, noting that efforts by his government in the creative sector have been to support and discover young talents and direct their creative minds.

Obaseki noted, “We are working to create an enabling environment for our youths to succeed especially in the entertainment Industry. We have put the modalities on ground to hunt for young talented minds in our schools and direct their young minds.

“We are working to position Edo State as a design hub as we are currently working with some Edo ladies who are into design and arts. I was with them at the Lagos Design Week. We are also looking at arts as we work with some Nigerian artists to promote arts. We have one of our citizens who won the Master Chef in Italy making us proud.”

He added, “Enhancing youthful talent in Edo State, we are focusing on music, films, arts, design and fashion. Our strategy is to be that creative hub where the real creative work is done while Lagos can be the showroom. As a government, our role is to create the enabling environment for youths in the State to succeed in their craft.”

Commending the governor for creating the enabling environment for youths to thrive in the State, Johnny Drille, said: “I thank you for making this happen. Thank you for creating the atmosphere and platform for young minds to express themselves. I have never seen people proud to be citizens of the State like now that you created opportunities for them to excel in the entertainment industry.

“I was at the Victor Uwaifo Creative Hub. I visited the studio, cinema and other different parts of the building, it's wonderful. This is the kind of facility the youths need to express themselves. Youths are now proud to be from Edo and working hard to excel as well as succeed as the platform has been created by your administration.”

He further noted, “We have so many talented youths waiting to be unleashed and shine, taking advantage of the platform created by the Governor Obaseki-led administration. We are grateful for a platform like the creative hub. I performed at the Alaghodaro Concert last year; it was amazing seeing lots of young and talented minds.

“We have several Edo artists doing well like Rema, Shallipopi, myself, and others who look forward to spotting Edo young talent and also are able to assist in several capacities to elevate our arts, culture and entertainment industry in Edo State.”

*PHOTO CAPTION*

L-R: Edo-born sensational singer and songwriter, John Ighodaro, popularly known as Johnny Drille; Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, and Pastor Vincent Ighodaro, during a courtesy visit, at the Government House in Benin City.

Re: Obaseki Says Ongoing Reforms In Creative Industry Will Transform Edo To Nigeria, by justified007: 9:05pm On Nov 08, 2023
Obaseki and his loads of unfulfilled promises and unimplemented ideas 🤣🤣🤣.

He's always good at speaking and promising heaven and earth but his brain just can't implement those ideas and no wonder his called Mr MOU
Re: Obaseki Says Ongoing Reforms In Creative Industry Will Transform Edo To Nigeria, by Kul3ger(m): 9:11pm On Nov 08, 2023
Johny Drille, another proud Bini product

Rema, a big Bini brand too

As much as that dude called shalipopi represents Bini to the core, I never still understand watin that bros de sing
Re: Obaseki Says Ongoing Reforms In Creative Industry Will Transform Edo To Nigeria, by Kenedos(m): 11:10pm On Nov 08, 2023
Son of the soil.we are proud of our own son' Johnny Drill.Governor Godwin Obaseki has reviewed entertainment industry in Edo State by building a world class creative hub.

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: Igbo Youths Should Be Treated Like Others - Senator Umeh (Video) / Abdulgafar Ozovehe Abdulazeez Congratulates The Kogi State Governor-elect / Edo Fertilizer Company Produces Over 80,000 Tonnes Of NPK Fertilizer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.