Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) (64069 Views)

Gunmen Enforce Sit-At-Home Order In Ebonyi (Pictures) / Peter Obi's Campaign Rally In Ebonyi (Pictures, Video) / Atiku/Okowa Presidential Campaign Rally In Ebonyi (Pictures + Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Jasonekah98: 9:52pm On Nov 09, 2023
Blame the contractors.
Roads made with cement are actually really durable
Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Tareq1105: 10:02pm On Nov 09, 2023
This is contractors fighting back bcoz they're not ready to do quality jobs.

Umahi should insist on quality cement roads.
Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Nchenches: 10:07pm On Nov 09, 2023
AnonPoet:
An Ebonyi based civil society group has called out the minister of works, Dave Umahi over the deplorable state of the roads in Ebonyi while he served as Governor of the state .

The Group under the auspices of Conscience of the Ebonyi people frowned at the cement roads built by the minister just under a year as minister.

The group spokesperson, Oleka chike has called on the federal government to come to the aid of the people in Ebonyi state as the roads are becoming a nightmare for Travellers and commuters.

Oleka warned that , the minister has refused to listen to the people of the state to build quality roads instead of using cements that are not durable .

See Photos:
Where on earth do they build roads with cement?
Okorocha even roofed the roads of Owerri when he was governor and aiming to use Owerri as showcase for his urban development prowess. Once in APC or intention to join APC, the brain becomes reduced in size.
Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Programmer47: 10:32pm On Nov 09, 2023
MTNnews:
This road as bad as it is which road did Pandora criminal Peter Obi did that can stand toe to toe with this ?

You obidient ipob fools keep labouring in vain to tarnish Umahi's but who God as bless 3 trillion of your hate filled ipob father can not bring him down.

Lmao. Wahala for Umahi wey be Ipob still come be Apc join. The delulu don enter deluxe version like this
Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by kabillionaire(m): 10:50pm On Nov 09, 2023
magoo10:
one agbado urchin said ipob went at night to pour acid on the road grin
how foolish can some people look trying to defend what is obvious.

i pity ebonyi people with the debts they will pay in future.

this scenario played out in imo state when rochas was building roads and bridges every where.
You forgot statues
Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by christm386: 12:00am On Nov 10, 2023
Hpesoj:

For someone that "schooled ... and ... graduated in 2018," I expect you to be able to communicate in a sensible and civil manner without resorting to insults and name-calling.

Fine, the roads were constructed in 2016. That's about 7 years. Now tell me, should roads constructed 7 years ago be this bad when there are are also roads in this same country that lasted decades (despite poor maintainance) before they take up the condition of these 7 year old roads?

If it is new to you that roads do last over 7 years and still be in good shape, I won't hold it against you, I'll just encourage you stop applauding mediocre project.

Needless to say that my comment have nothing to do with the governor or state. I don't care about any politician neither am I a fan of any.

Sorry if i came off as rude, u misinformed someothers who has no knowledge of this, This roads just needs some little maintainace, I do drive. So when i tell u this roads are not yet bad/that_bad, and of all the roads he contructed in Ebonyi if this is all these guys can come up with then kudos to him, remember they are tryjng everything to stop his plan to construct all federal roads with cement, materials for cement in Nigeria z locally sourced... Unlike it's counterpart... which z imported

1 Like

Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by christm386: 12:04am On Nov 10, 2023
Programmer47:

Lmao. Wahala for Umahi wey be Ipob still come be Apc join. The delulu don enter deluxe version like this

Funny guy, u should know umahi won Ebonyi state when he was in PDP. That said am obidient and I Love Umahi, i was happy when he was appointed minister of works.. people have different oppinion about different things, obidients are millions on young Nigerian... we have different perspective of something but have one thing in common, We want a working country that our parents couldn't give us!
Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Programmer47: 12:20am On Nov 10, 2023
christm386:

Funny guy, u should know umahi won Ebonyi state when he was in PDP. That said am obidient and I Love Umahi, i was happy when he was appointed minister of works.. people have different oppinion about different things, obidients are millions on young Nigerian... we have different perspective of something but have one thing in common, We want a working country that our parents couldn't give us!

MTNnews:
This road as bad as it is which road did Pandora criminal Peter Obi did that can stand toe to toe with this ?

You obidient ipob fools keep labouring in vain to tarnish Umahi's but who God as bless 3 trillion of your hate filled ipob father can not bring him down.

Understand before commenting. The hypocrisy that abounds in the Apc is simply on another scale. No tact, no sense, just insults and inshallah
Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Catapault: 1:28am On Nov 10, 2023
viodemus:
This shows incompetence.

Not understanding material science and engineering. Has cost Nigeria finances trillions, then the added corruption money involved is almost a trillion.

We think say na to snap picture with oyibo be the only wisdom. While you were 419 ing their people, they were 419-ing your future.

Any African country that thinks that Europe or asia will come and build infrastructure like roads and buildings for them, is an unserious country. They will rather financially invest or donate money, than build it. These countries are loosing those kinds of labor skills. Latin America are the labor builders now, especially for 12 stories and below; even them will soon graduate to designers only like the Europeans and some parts of Asia. Sometimes their theories are wrong, because they are loosing the labor skills; one wrong mix or missed timing can compromise cement roads before they harden.

These developed countries are still good in agricultural labor and skills, they are good with engine design and production, they are good with computers, and medicine research. They don't have time to come and be building one place for an African wanna be king. If na big company you call, dem go just send some low ranking personnel to go supervise the work, send one high ranking person to go close the deal. That loe ranking person, go use your project learn, get im trade hours up.

Africa lacks experts and leadership.
Africa also lacks growth mindset. Skills like infrastructure, takes 7 to 8 years to master. It is a team work. Also knowing what to do when a machinery is not available.

Africa is dead last in machinery building.
Africa is suppose to be the highest builders of cranes, all sorts of cranes. Any building, any building related thing, any road, any road machinery, any road maintenance and upgrade, Africa are suppose to be the experts of that, for the next 50 years. Not just in labor, but also in design and research.

Hopefully the incompetent projects no dey everywhere like that.

Talk talk talk.

Set up your own crane building company nau...

Na to point fingers?

Africa is this, Africa is that.

Africa is not a person standing somewhere.

It's YOU.

1 Like

Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by rockyh(m): 1:42am On Nov 10, 2023
Zonefree:
Using Lagos and Ogun standard, these roads are clean.
they are international standard,you can't drive your car for a week without going for wheel balancing except you lack routine maintenance
Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by viodemus: 2:12am On Nov 10, 2023
Catapault:

Talk talk talk.

Set up your own crane building company nau...

Na to point fingers?

Africa is this, Africa is that.

Africa is not a person standing somewhere.

It's YOU.

You are very correct.

One thing I have done in Africa, especially Nigeria, is setup businesses. Atleast 70% of them are still functional, doing well maybe not great like a few of them; Then the rest are softwares and connection trades. You know, I try to stay sharp with them. I can't do it all. But with Grace, things are still together. Then, there are survival situations that need voluntary help, like tribal discrimination for genocide which I detest, which sometimes need expertise and finances. I don't want to be stinking rich just because grace gave me knowledge and ability, but is also good to make main partners (mostly those that work for the businesses), is feels good to me to make them successful. Basically, try to spread grace anytime I can.

They are components of a crane, of oil and gas, and software, that we own the patent for. Not all those parents or licenses are with the the same name. This took work, and still do. One of my best historic entrepreneur person I emulate is Westinghouse; I love many of what he did, but also learn from his mistakes.

Overall, I am still a learner and adjuster of/to life, I guess that is an eternity thing. I hope to stay anonymous. Plan my projects, finance some with other people, and then general stock investments. I am not billions of dollar wealthy, but I have done lots so far for many people - not just those who work with us. If I no do again, many people fit dey help me for years to come. But i thank goodness, say e never reach that level yet. We thank God that we didn't get rich off fraud, or through stealing from a national treasure, or some shady ways. Just know say, we dey try. Wetin those wey get opportunity to go to FG, sg, lg, and have various contracts, dey do so far.

My own businesses and investments started at 2011, and it has helped many, that have turned around to give me opportunities and other investment wisdom.
Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by BALLOSKI: 2:34am On Nov 10, 2023
Do you know how bad this little issue they're complaining about would be if it's asphalt-based?
Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by 4KNGOATS(m): 4:38am On Nov 10, 2023
AnonPoet:
An Ebonyi based civil society group has called out the minister of works, Dave Umahi over the deplorable state of the roads in Ebonyi while he served as Governor of the state .

The Group under the auspices of Conscience of the Ebonyi people frowned at the cement roads built by the minister just under a year as minister.

The group spokesperson, Oleka chike has called on the federal government to come to the aid of the people in Ebonyi state as the roads are becoming a nightmare for Travellers and commuters.

Oleka warned that , the minister has refused to listen to the people of the state to build quality roads instead of using cements that are not durable .

See Photos:
Damn sonofaggots
Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by wasi9ice: 6:31am On Nov 10, 2023
Is that all?
Is this what you called deplorable?

Go to some other states l and see what deplorable is , I don't want to mention their names,
Umahi even tried ,,
Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Zion14: 3:23pm On Nov 10, 2023
Nawa
Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by MasterTeeUSA: 7:55pm On Nov 10, 2023
Steel reinforcement are absolutely useless...which school did you go to? What will distribute the load bearings coming from trucks? Please pay attention in school...maybe they shouldn't use steel reinforcemt when building bridges as well. No wonder we have roads that don't last long...because of mindsets like this. There is a reason why we use reinforced steel in buildings specific to the type of buildings you construct. In case you forgot...go back all the way to Young Modulus

Alusiizizi:

That is actually quite wrong. For starters, steel reinforcements are absolutely useless when building roads. The main issue here is that the idi0ts that built those roads forgot to take thermal expansion into account, when the sun comes up, that hard cement will expand and crack, and with regular use, completely destroyed in a matter of months. What a real engineer would have done if he wanted to build roads with cement would have been to do it block-wise, putting flexible buffers between each and every block that make up the road to allow for afore-mentioned thermal expansion. In tar roads, it is the tar that serves the dual purpose of adhesive and flexible buffer between the gravel that it is mixed with.
Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Alusiizizi(m): 9:22pm On Nov 10, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
Steel reinforcement are absolutely useless...which school did you go to? What will distribute the load bearings coming from trucks? Please pay attention in school...maybe they shouldn't use steel reinforcemt when building bridges as well. No wonder we have roads that don't last long...because of mindsets like this. There is a reason why we use reinforced steel in buildings specific to the type of buildings you construct. In case you forgot...go back all the way to Young Modulus

The force profile for a bridge is completely different from road supported from underneath by the earth. For slabs of cement used to build roads, the force is almost entirely compressive, whica unreinforced cement blocks can manage without issue, while bridges will typically have much larger force profile, including torsion, sheer and compression, hence necessitating the use of steel reinforcements.
Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by MasterTeeUSA: 1:22pm On Nov 11, 2023
Force is entirely compressed...I just smile. Again you need to pay attention in school. The ground is always shifting and steel reinforcement is used on roads in the US. They remove the asphalt and repave them...they can do the full maintenance within 2-3 days because cars and trucks can still ply the road during maintenance due to reinforcement. Go to factories in Nigeria...you will see steel wire mesh. I use them in all of my compounds and you won't see cracks...5yrs in...I do exactly what needs to be done...steel reinforced cement plastering. Nigeria roads do not have weight limits...if anything, that should be the norm not the exception

quote author=Alusiizizi post=126900374]

The force profile for a bridge is completely different from road supported from underneath by the earth. For slabs of cement used to build roads, the force is almost entirely compressive, whica unreinforced cement blocks can manage without issue, while bridges will typically have much larger force profile, including torsion, sheer and compression, hence necessitating the use of steel reinforcements.[/quote]
Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by MasterTeeUSA: 1:24pm On Nov 11, 2023
Alusiizizi:

The force profile for a bridge is completely different from road supported from underneath by the earth. For slabs of cement used to build roads, the force is almost entirely compressive, whica unreinforced cement blocks can manage without issue, while bridges will typically have much larger force profile, including torsion, sheer and compression, hence necessitating the use of steel reinforcements.

Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Chikeluba25(m): 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2023
I don't understand. Is Umahi a quack or he is syphoning public fund with white elephant project?

Below is the yet to be used Ebonyi airport runway that was completed few months ego.

They have maped out billions of naira to reconstruct a yet to be used runway from concrete to asphalt. Reason: They said that asphalt is now better than concrete which can course wears and tears to the tyres.

Does that mean Engr. Umahi do not know all these before using and advocating for poorly constructed concrete road?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What I Saw At A Rich Politician's Party. / “Meet Muhammadu Buhari” Trends As Nigerians Drag President Buhari On Twitter / Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.