Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Haram Jobs - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Haram Jobs (8325 Views)

Why Is Pork Haram? / Birds Seen Doing Tawaf (Circumambulation) At Deserted Masjid Al Haram / Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Haram Jobs by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:25am On Nov 10, 2023
Praise be to Allah.

Haram jobs
Some jobs are haram in and of themselves, such as working in riba-based banks and places where alcohol is sold . Some may be haram because of things in the work-place that are contrary to Shari`ah, such as mixing between men and women , or because it is stipulated that one should wear haram clothing or do other things that are contrary to Shari`ah, such as shaving the beard . It is not permissible for the Muslim to do either type of job.

Jobs of the second type vary in the degree to which they are haram. The one which incurs the greatest burden of sin is that which involves writing down or recording riba (usury), then that which involves selling or manufacturing haram things , then that in which the workplace environment is haram.

The last category should not be taken lightly, because it has an impact on the religious commitment and conduct of the worker, especially the fitnah of women which was the first fitnah of the Children of Israel and is the most harmful fitnah for the Muslim man, as our Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) told us.

If mixing between men and women is something that happens in your country and you can hardly find any job that is free of that, and you think that your being in that job will be beneficial and that you will be able to put a stop to some of that evil and reduce some of it, and you will be able to advise the employees who are under your authority, enjoining them to do what is good and forbidding them to do what is evil as much as you can, and you can take precautions and measure which will help you avoid the fitnah of women – such as hastening to get married if you are not married, not looking at them or being alone with them – and if the work requires you to sit with some of the female employees you can leave the door of the office open and not sit close to them and so on, then we think that your being present in the workplace and achieving some of the interests of Shari`ah and reducing some evils, is better than keeping the workplace devoid of the righteous and leaving it to those who do not pay any attention to religion or to the rulings of Shari`ah, so that these evils become more widespread and it becomes more difficult to fight them. How many teachers and university professors have taught in mixed institutions and Allah has benefited many through them, and warded off a great deal of evil.

We hope by Allah’s grace that you will be one of them.

However, if you think, after taking the job, that you cannot adhere to your religious commitment and that you are being pulled into haram gradually, then you have no choice but to leave that job immediately. If a person gives up something for the sake of Allah, Allah will compensate him with something better than it, as the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said. https://islamqa.info/en/answers/107144/haram-jobs-in-islam

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Haram Jobs by God1000(m): 9:59am On Dec 08, 2023
We are too religious but very ungodly in our behavior

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Haram Jobs by Lukuluku69(m): 10:04am On Dec 08, 2023
God1000:

It is about God's Commands.

Your choice whether to obey or disobey.

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 (KJV) Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil
Re: Haram Jobs by Fiscus105(m): 10:12am On Dec 08, 2023
When are you going to come to realisation that all these draconian rules not feasible in modern era?

All these rules were conjured by a certain individuals when world still at his knees. wen Islamic religion still within one local area, when people not struggling to get jobs and not in 21st century that races, ideology, and different religions are mixing on secondly basis couples with joblessness and wide spread poverty.

The (alcoholic) Haram money they are sharing in Abuja, hope you guys would reject it as ur salaries at end of the month too?..

If Saudi and UAE are finding ways to open up from religion draconian rules that are causing economy entanglement cum backwardness, how much less you kafri in black Africa.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Haram Jobs by Expanse2020(m): 10:13am On Dec 08, 2023
God1000:
No human nature is Godly it's all lies you are telling yourself.

When God tell us to do something and our nature will prevent us from doing it but to do our own will so the God that tell us to do it will just be looking like us until we see the repercussions ourselves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Haram Jobs by heffem(m): 10:37am On Dec 08, 2023
I guess using your phone to bring this to our knowledge too is Haram..... Isn't it ? And! Ogbeni Seun, lemme ask you this before you ban me again.... Why is there segregation on the Islamic and Christians forum....why the declaration? ....hmmmm, I see why this forum isn't progressing

14 Likes

Re: Haram Jobs by Raheeqilmaktoom: 12:55pm On Dec 08, 2023
Masha Allah for the reminders, may Allah make us steadfast and make things easier for us.
Re: Haram Jobs by MUTEAU(m): 12:56pm On Dec 08, 2023
A person that is working in haram place ,and not yet see any alternative for now, and has family plus other responsibilities.. what can he/she do ?
Re: Haram Jobs by ShoeGetSize: 1:01pm On Dec 08, 2023
Why is a MUDSLIME running to the Bible for salvation?

Lukuluku69:

It is about God's Commands.

Your choice whether to obey or disobey.

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 (KJV) Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil

1 Like

Re: Haram Jobs by Lukuluku69(m): 1:04pm On Dec 08, 2023
ShoeGetSize:
Why is a MUDSLIME running to the Bible for salvation?

To simply show the Deaf, Dumb and Blind Man worshipping Dotards how lost and erring is there present sorry ways.

1 Like

Re: Haram Jobs by ShoeGetSize: 2:14pm On Dec 08, 2023
You mean the same MUDSLIMES who bow down 5 times a day to a black stone which will be Allah's assistant on Judgment Day?

You mean the followers of the illiterate pedophile from 7th century Arabia are too dense to understand that God can become a man and enter into His creation? I'm shocked!🤯

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbas said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said concerning the Stone:

“By Allah, Allah will bring it forth on the Day of Resurrection, and it will have two eyes with which it will see and a tongue with which it will speak, and it will testify in favour of those who touched it in sincerity.”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 961; Ibn Maajah, 2944

Lukuluku69:

To simply show the Deaf, Dumb and Blind Man worshipping Dotards how lost and erring is there present sorry ways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Haram Jobs by dmaze: 4:30pm On Dec 08, 2023
Jazakumullah Khairan for this beautiful reminder. May Almighty Allah SWT reward you and us, amin.
Re: Haram Jobs by Avoidme: 7:44am On Dec 09, 2023
Don't you think this phone you're using to type this trash is haram?? Abi you think say them segregate genders for the manufacturing facility

Na religion go finish this country, evil people everywhere undecided angry

And all these useless rules Seun makes one accept before posting here is discriminatory and crapp!! Everyone is free to air his/her opinion on a Christian thread, but you make me sign one useless agreement before I can air my opinion here!! Rubbish!!

Well let me tell you "I DON'T believe that there is no god/God but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet."

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Rashduct4luv:
Praise be to Allah.

Haram jobs

2 Likes

Re: Haram Jobs by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:35pm On Dec 14, 2023
Avoidme:
Don't you think this phone you're using to type this trash is haram?? Abi you think say them segregate genders for the manufacturing facility

Phone is not haram to use.
Those things that are haram have being specified in the Islamic texts. Having said that, a phone can be like a knife, you make cut oranges or kill yourself!

Na religion go finish this country, evil people everywhere undecided angry

Religion won't finish Nigeria! Greed, selfishness, ignorance, nepotism, tribalism, etc may do that!

And all these useless rules Seun makes one accept before posting here is discriminatory and crapp!! Everyone is free to air his/her opinion on a Christian thread, but you make me sign one useless agreement before I can air my opinion here!! Rubbish!!

Well let me tell you "I DON'T believe that there is no god/God but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet."

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Channel your grievance to the right place!

(1) (Reply)

Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) / You're A Traveller Praying Behind A Imam, Can You Still Shorten Your Solah? / Common Mistakes During Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.