Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,436 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

My Boss Denied Me My Right To Cast My Vote - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Boss Denied Me My Right To Cast My Vote (595 Views)

Edo Election. OBASEKI IS OFFICIALLY AN EX GOVERNOR . I Just Cast My Vote. / "How I Experimented To See If My Vote Counts" - Twitter User / Now My Vote Doesn’t Count. This Is Unacceptable! - Nigerian Lady Cries Out(video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boss Denied Me My Right To Cast My Vote by Fchristo(m): 8:38am On Nov 10, 2023
I want to know if there is any such law or immunity giving to Federal civil service boss to stop his subbordinates from going to cast their votes because it is a State Governorship election in the state where he is a Branch Accountant. Bayelsa State is conducting their Governorship Election and as a Bayelsan, it is your right to go to your village and cast your vote tomorrow being Saturday which is the election day and those going to very far greeks moves this morning to various Communities in the State. I am deprived of going to exercise my right.
Re: My Boss Denied Me My Right To Cast My Vote by user32(m): 8:40am On Nov 10, 2023
resign and sue him

1 Like

Re: My Boss Denied Me My Right To Cast My Vote by Fchristo(m): 8:41am On Nov 10, 2023
user32:
resign and sue him

Really, where will i have the money to make case with him
Re: My Boss Denied Me My Right To Cast My Vote by adesegun121(m): 8:41am On Nov 10, 2023
Ok
Re: My Boss Denied Me My Right To Cast My Vote by HarunaWest(m): 8:56am On Nov 10, 2023
Fchristo:
I want to know if there is any such law or immunity giving to Federal civil service boss to stop his subbordinates from going to cast their votes because it is a State Governorship election in the state where he is a Branch Accountant. Bayelsa State is conducting their Governorship Election and as a Bayelsan, it is your right to go to your village and cast your vote tomorrow being Saturday which is the election day and those going to very far greeks moves this morning to various Communities in the State. I am deprived of going to exercise my right.
Embark on leave. That's you fairest option. No law says he must grant you a day off for election purpose except the government declares it.
Re: My Boss Denied Me My Right To Cast My Vote by Fchristo(m): 10:36am On Nov 10, 2023
HarunaWest:
Embark on leave. That's you fairest option. No law says he must grant you a day off for election purpose except the government declares it.
The State Government declared today public holiday
Re: My Boss Denied Me My Right To Cast My Vote by BlueRayDick: 11:04am On Nov 10, 2023
Fchristo:

The State Government declared today public holiday

U work for the Federal civil service not Bayelsa state civil service.

The Federal civil service is not bound by any public holiday declared by Bayelsa state government. Your boss did the right thing by denying u absenting yourself from work today. If he had granted ur request, he would have been unfair to other staff from different states who didn't get any special holiday when their state elections were conducted earlier on (e.g Osun State, Anambra state, etc)
Re: My Boss Denied Me My Right To Cast My Vote by FreeStuffsNG: 11:06am On Nov 10, 2023
Fchristo:
Don't fall for the antics of your village people o. You're a Federal civil servant o not Local Government Area civil servant.

Please go and read your employee manual for Federal civil service.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Denied Me My Right To Cast My Vote by Bioboy1213(m): 12:16pm On Nov 10, 2023
user32:
resign and sue him
best advice so far
Re: My Boss Denied Me My Right To Cast My Vote by Validated: 12:42pm On Nov 10, 2023
Fchristo:

Really, where will i have the money to make case with him

The stop disturbing cyberspace
Re: My Boss Denied Me My Right To Cast My Vote by Fchristo(m): 2:20pm On Nov 11, 2023
Validated:

The stop disturbing cyberspace

You're not being sure
Re: My Boss Denied Me My Right To Cast My Vote by Fchristo(m): 4:01pm On Nov 11, 2023
BlueRayDick:

U work for the Federal civil service not Bayelsa state civil service.

The Federal civil service is not bound by any public holiday declared by Bayelsa state government. Your boss did the right thing by denying u absenting yourself from work today. If he had granted ur request, he would have been unfair to other staff from different states who didn't get any special holiday when their state elections were conducted earlier on (e.g Osun State, Anambra state, etc)

I was mad at him for doing this but you have a good point there
Re: My Boss Denied Me My Right To Cast My Vote by Deogratiasfx: 5:05pm On Nov 11, 2023
Fchristo:

I was mad at him for doing this but you have a good point there

Is there even any point wasting resources and taking the risking of travelling? The highest rigger will win and the smartest to buy the court over will be confirmed. So relax and enjoy ur weekend.
Re: My Boss Denied Me My Right To Cast My Vote by Fchristo(m): 11:18am On Nov 13, 2023
Deogratiasfx:

Is there even any point wasting resources and taking the risking of travelling? The highest rigger will win and the smartest to buy the court over will be confirmed. So relax and enjoy ur weekend.

thank you

(1) (Reply)

Anambra State Govt and Afreximbank Sign Development Agreement In Egypt (photos) / Open Defecation: Ogun Communities Stink, Govt Threatens Crackdown / Troops Confront Bandits In Taraba, Recover Arms And Ammunition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.