Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

You Need A Screenwriter? Here I Am - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / You Need A Screenwriter? Here I Am (198 Views)

Looking For Professional Screenplay Writer Or Screenwriter Or Movie Script / Looking For Professional Screenplay Writer Or Screenwriter Or Movie Script / An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Need A Screenwriter? Here I Am by toluvision: 8:57am On Nov 10, 2023
INT. MY CREATIVE SPACE - ANYTIME

Ready to bring your story to life? Look no further! I'm your go-to screenwriter, I only craft narratives that captivate. Let's turn your vision into cinematic brilliance! 🎬✍️ #ScreenwritingMagic.
Re: You Need A Screenwriter? Here I Am by joshkke(m): 11:39am On Nov 11, 2023
Sample?
Re: You Need A Screenwriter? Here I Am by toluvision: 4:14pm On Nov 11, 2023
joshkke:
Sample?

Re: You Need A Screenwriter? Here I Am by We4all: 5:07pm On Nov 11, 2023
toluvision:

This is a constructive criticism: Your sample screenplay contains some flaws. Firstly, you did not introduce your characters.

Secondly, you shouldn't be using present continuous tenses in screenplays.

There are other flaws, but let me stop here. If you perfect your skills, you will make a great screenplay writer. Cheers!
Re: You Need A Screenwriter? Here I Am by toluvision: 5:20pm On Nov 11, 2023
We4all:

This is a constructive criticism: Your sample screenplay contains some flaws. Firstly, you did not introduce your characters.

There are other flaws, but let me stop here. If you perfect your skills, you will make a great screenplay writer. Cheers!

Thanks for the observation but I also need to correct and
inform you that Scripts are written in the present continuous tense because it allows the audience to listen and see actors' actions as they take place. Different from novels and other forms of writing that use any tense or flow, the script uses the present tense and the present continuous tense as they show ongoing actions in a given statement within a script that will continue to occur after the statement is mentioned, i.e., the action remains continuous in the present and in the near future. In other words, the present continuous tense allows the actor to continue with the action they are presented with in the script..

As for not introducing the characters , he/she only asked for samples and those were just screenshots.

Thanks once again.
Re: You Need A Screenwriter? Here I Am by joshkke(m): 11:30am On Nov 15, 2023
[I'm sorry, all this shows is proper script format which any screen writing app can give you. Even the dialogue is generic. Wanted to see a 10-15 page sample that actually shows xter dev, dialogue technique, at least the indication of a plot and a xter story arc, etc. This won't do, I'm afraid. Not if you serious about your post. Thanks anyway

quote author=toluvision post=126912286]

[/quote]
Re: You Need A Screenwriter? Here I Am by joshkke(m): 11:32am On Nov 15, 2023
[Good observations, except for the present continuous tense thing. A film unfolds in the 'Now' so you do write in present continuous tense.

quote author=We4all post=126913139]

There are other flaws, but let me stop here. If you perfect your skills, you will make a great screenplay writer. Cheers![/quote]
Re: You Need A Screenwriter? Here I Am by 5p1naz(m): 4:04pm On Mar 16
Toluvision, I'm looking for a screenwriter. I sent you an email. Let's chat.
Re: You Need A Screenwriter? Here I Am by We4all: 10:52pm On Mar 17
5p1naz:
Toluvision, I'm looking for a screenwriter. I sent you an email. Let's chat.

I am also a screenwriter. Drop your email or WhatsApp contact.

(1) (Reply)

Greatest Successful Videos || How To Plan A Successful Idea | Most Powerful Teac / Everything Finance & Research (EFR) / Introduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.