Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,680 members, 7,831,108 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Nigerian Pharmacy Are Running Out Of Drugs - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Pharmacy Are Running Out Of Drugs (197 Views)

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Compares Prices Of Drugs Between January 2023 & Now / It's Been 5yrs And Am Running Out Of Patience / COVID-19: Stop Revealing Details Of Drugs Used For Treatment- FG Warns Survivors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Pharmacy Are Running Out Of Drugs by Dboy2023: 6:08pm On Nov 10, 2023
When I read that gsk pharmaceutical was pulling out of Nigeria, I did not think much of this. Am sure like most Nigerians will say nothing concern me .

Well what is worrisome, is the health minister is not bothered to do anything to stop most of these companies closing and fed govt is not stopping them

Well the effects have started has most drugs in market are currently on the high side or certain classes of drugs are fast disappearing from the market. A class of drug fast running out or is on the high side are antibiotics.
There are some brands that are disappearing fast from the market and Nigerians are not talking.

Will it reach a point till people start dying because of the lack of drugs before the government will do something in pharmaceutical sector. An example is augmentin, you will not see this antibiotics every where again, if you do the price will shock you.

A 625mg oral augmentin branded is 28k...
I v augmentin running out, you can only get unbranded. Our attitude towards things that are relevant to us is appalling. Health sector should be paramount to every government. I pray the government of the day should find a solution fast.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Protect Your Prostate: 5 Habits To Avoid / Gregory University Holds Maiden Induction For Medical Doctors On 5th December / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.