Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,996 members, 7,814,396 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Creative Ways To Get A Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Creative Ways To Get A Job (9146 Views)

Is It Real?Just got a Job Invite / AT LAST! Got A Job Through Nairaland. / "I Need a Job" Threads & Resume Posting Welcome Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Creative Ways To Get A Job by jimctu: 2:38pm On Feb 03, 2012
Re: Creative Ways To Get A Job by MrMM: 3:00pm On Feb 03, 2012
Reading your story is a blessing to me. May your testimony be permanent in JESUS name.
Re: Creative Ways To Get A Job by Naijacareerist: 3:05pm On Feb 03, 2012
To get an internship is all how you use your network. Get a profile on linkedin, start connecting with people who work at companies you want to work at. Ask if you can meet with them that you are interested in learning about their companies. Never first tell someone you need a job. Take time to get to know them.
Re: Creative Ways To Get A Job by Naijacareerist: 3:06pm On Feb 03, 2012
To get an internship is all how you use your network. Get a profile on linkedin, start connecting with people who work at companies you want to work at. Ask if you can meet with them that you are interested in learning about their companies. Never first tell someone you need a job. Take time to get to know them.
Re: Creative Ways To Get A Job by stanleyd(m): 4:35pm On Feb 03, 2012
CCLP,ARIK AIR,GLOBACOM & MOBIL has vacancies now.SMS ur name,email to 08184636553 for full details.

Get Job vacancies on ur phone for just N500/Month.08184636553.

Powered by www.25centsms.com
Re: Creative Ways To Get A Job by nex(m): 10:53am On Feb 05, 2012
the most creative way to get a job is to create it by yourself for yourself!
Re: Creative Ways To Get A Job by jaz(m): 7:01pm On Feb 05, 2012
please guys, how can i get a IT placement with a good company. i am supposed to be on industrial training now but dont know how to get a place.
Re: Creative Ways To Get A Job by Gword: 1:14pm On Feb 06, 2012
sniperwolf:

Send Naija employer THANK YOU LETTER?

Yes - it works. Lemme share my experience with you.
I work as a HR consultant. Most times the candidates that get the job interviews and offers
are those that take a different step.

What do I mean?

We look at three things.

1. Your presentation
2. your Qualification
3. Your passion

How you present your Resume or CV matters. It must be different from others
There are many things you can do to look different.
-change the design
-don't include some unimportant things
-place your value connecting with the employer needs where it will be noticed.
-use a hook that will attract the employer.

Cover letters are very effective. But there is a way to make it deadly.
I will talk about that next time.

Thank you letters? It depend how you relate well with your intended company.
You need to create a Passionate but not desperate attitude.

Connection is good. Depending on how you use it. However, you will need to still prove yourself.

One thing that is bad about some job seekers - the way they look for job is porous.

Dont just use forums and Tuesday guardian - there are better more effective ways.

I see many 2:2 get jobs faster these days than even the 2:1 and First class.

Why?

passion and perception.

degree don't get jobs these days, you have to bring something to the table.

So get to work.

Learn, there is a way you use a cover letter and Thank you letter that it will produce
remarkable result. use them wrongly - you're fried!

The brilliant ones learn the difference.

Have a great day.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FRSC Recruitment Form Is Out! / 7 Ways To Know That Your Job Is At Risk / Fg Unemployed Nigerians Registration Programme - Access The Portal Directly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.