Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,216 members, 7,815,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs (32044 Views)

Women Demand Justice For Khadijat Yahaya, Allegedly Killed By Kogi SDP Thugs / Edo 2020: DSS Arrests APC Supporter For Vote-Buying In Edo (Pictures) / Nigeria Is Finished. Police Snatching Ballot Box. #kogidecides #kogidecides2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by AnonPoet: 3:28pm On Nov 11, 2023
People suspected to be SDP thugs have gunned down a 35-year-old APC supporter, Umar Hassan, at his Agala Ogane Polling Unit, Anyigba.

Fear gripped voters at the Polling Unit as SDP thugs were on rampage, threatening to kill anyone who vote against the “Igala Agenda”.

An eye witness who identified himself simply as Adamu, told newsmen how the SDP thugs invaded the Polling Unit with sophisticated weapons, threatening to kill anyone who “doesn’t vote for the SDP”.

“It was like what we watch in horror movies as they invaded our Polling Unit with very dangerous weapons. Unfortunately, Hassan fell victim and he was gunned down.

“They kept chanting war songs that they will kill anyone who voted against the Igala Agenda. They targeted Hassan being an APC member.

“What surprised me most was that the Military guys that had been targeting APC supporters for arrest and harassment were not on ground to save Hassan’s life. It was so unfortunate”.

There was calm across many Polling Units in Anyigba until the gunmen stormed many units to fight anyone suspected to be an APC member.

Reports show that the poll has been peaceful so far in the Central and Western Senatorial Districts.

When contacted, the Spokesperson of the APC Governorship Campaign Council, Hon. Kingsley Fanwo condemned the attack and urged security agencies to fish out the killers immediately.

“The gruesome murder of Hassan Umar whose only sin was being an APC member is unacceptable. The security agents in the area should fish out the murderers immediately.

“In the 21st century, it is sad that people are still killed for supporting a particular political party. It is unacceptable and condemnable. We knew the only agenda of the SDP is to wage violence against our people. We must restore confidence in our electoral process”, he said.
https://newsnowonline.com.ng/2023/11/11/update-kogidecides-apc-supporter-umar-hassan-allegedly-gunned-down-by-sdp-thugs-in-anyigba/

Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by TruthsFM: 3:31pm On Nov 11, 2023
APC man

2 Likes

Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by slivertongue: 3:35pm On Nov 11, 2023
APC propaganda

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by Prince111111: 3:35pm On Nov 11, 2023
Too bad.. people dey para for broom party no be small

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by TruthsFM: 3:36pm On Nov 11, 2023
This news is not true at all. The moderators should take note

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by donleo92(m): 3:36pm On Nov 11, 2023
one thing I have learnt in life is not to talk carelessly outside the comfort of my house.

even if them dey talk against my preferred candidate for outside, I no fit open mouth talk. to avoid stories that touch..

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by TruthsFM: 3:36pm On Nov 11, 2023
Kogi 2023: 3 Killed As Nigerian Military Thwarts Ballot Box Snatching Attempt

Anyigba, Kogi State – 11 November 2023

In a dramatic turn of events during the ongoing governorship elections, the Nigerian Military reportedly intervened to prevent the brazen attempt by three political thugs believed to be associated with the APC (All Progressives Congress) to snatch ballot boxes in Anyigba, Kogi State. The confrontation resulted in the fatal shooting of the alleged assailants.

Eyewitnesses on the ground reported a sudden escalation of tensions as the suspects attempted to disrupt the electoral process. According to preliminary reports, the trio, allegedly working for the APC, made a daring move to seize control of the ballot boxes, a critical incident that threatened the integrity of the elections.

The Nigerian Military, deployed to maintain law and order during the elections, swiftly responded to the threat, engaging in a confrontation with the political thugs. In the course of the confrontation, gunfire ensued, resulting in the tragic demise of the three alleged assailants.

Authorities on the ground, including representatives of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and security forces, are currently investigating the incident to ascertain the circumstances surrounding the clash. The incident highlights the heightened tensions and potential for violence that can accompany election-day activities.

The incident in Anyigba has sent shockwaves through the community, with residents expressing concerns about the potential for further violence. The electoral process has been temporarily halted in the affected area, pending the conclusion of the investigations and the restoration of calm.

As the nation awaits further updates on the incident, questions arise regarding the broader implications for the electoral process in Kogi State. The incident underscores the need for heightened security measures to ensure the safety of voters and the integrity of the democratic process.

The upcoming days will likely see increased scrutiny and discussions surrounding the incident, as stakeholders and the public demand transparency and accountability in the investigation.

Source: https://thebureau.com.ng/kogi-2023-3-killed-as-nigerian-military-thwarts-ballot-box-snatching-attempt-in-kogi/

3 Likes

Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by OKUCHI11(m): 3:39pm On Nov 11, 2023
different news different sites... some say na soldiers gun the guy down... this one say na thugs... which one we go believe

8 Likes

Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by FuckingMachine: 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2023
Give me his wife's number so I can console her and Bleep her well to forget the loss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by Urheadmaster(m): 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2023
There's always a bloodshed in every elections in kogi state

2 Likes

Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by harryboyng(m): 3:42pm On Nov 11, 2023
I thought they all signed a peace accord form some days ago. I dropped a comment on the page. I said it. Their leaders keep signing forms but on Election Day..the supporters get the end part.

Now that you are gone. I hope others will learn.

You leave house for morning die for another man’s course. A man that will forget you especially when he wins. You put your dear family in distress. How you sef wan rest well?

Naija!!! I hail thee

6 Likes

Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by jrobbins: 3:42pm On Nov 11, 2023
Lies.

I'm in Anyigba

Soldiers did it

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by BluntCrazeMan: 3:42pm On Nov 11, 2023
Must there be this level of violence??

Must person dieee??
Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by ClearFlair: 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2023
Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by Nemesis0147(m): 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2023
So people still kill and die for politicians?
Nawa oh

1 Like

Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by EmperorFred: 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2023
Lol Soldiers were said to have killed him
Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by YourKarma: 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2023
They're only following in TInubu's footsteps

1 Like

Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by Blaze14k: 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2023
I have no pity for anyone killed here. If u participate in election rigging u deserve to die.

1 Like

Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by seunlayi(m): 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2023
What a loss to his people
Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by tommy589(m): 3:44pm On Nov 11, 2023
Lives are expendable when politics becomes a lucrative business. Better to stay safe,hungry and pray for a better day than be dead. RIP
Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by oluwaseunamos33(m): 3:44pm On Nov 11, 2023
Waisting precious life because of how much? Nigeria people learn
Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by SIXTEENTH(m): 3:45pm On Nov 11, 2023
jrobbins:
Lies.

I'm in Anyigba

Soldiers did it

Are you for real
Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by Adjovi: 3:45pm On Nov 11, 2023
Nawa which kine rubbish politics are we practicing in this part of the country self. Reasons why those who have good intentions don't want to go into politics. It's so so dirty and dangerous in Nigeria.

Stupid thugs. The people that sent you to grab ballot box are in their houses chilling , their children are abroad schooling, you dey here dey die for them. Very foolish human being

2 Likes

Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by Raskimonojendor: 3:46pm On Nov 11, 2023
Idiots. The politicians you are fighting for don't care about you or your family. If you give yourself up as a tool to be used by them, then you are fucking stupid
Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by Nonexisting1: 3:46pm On Nov 11, 2023
News say he is a political thug. No fuccks given.

Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by Mandate2023: 3:48pm On Nov 11, 2023
If na APC gun down person nw we for don see a lot of things here

2 Likes

Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by Ikpunnegi01: 3:48pm On Nov 11, 2023
Support the evil in the zoo and..
Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 3:48pm On Nov 11, 2023
Why was it not Helinus, freestuffng, manabbq, suenmsg, Yarimo or those headless nairaland mobs ? I wish cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by CaptainAyub: 3:49pm On Nov 11, 2023
Tinubu’s legacy.
Grab it,snatch it,run away with it!
People now feel there’s No need going to court because court has been bought over.
Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by yommen: 3:49pm On Nov 11, 2023
slivertongue:
APC propaganda

You people should try and exhibit some sense na. APC go still kill APC? Of course na opponent kill am na! Do you support a party with your two eyes closed?

1 Like

Re: Kogidecides: APC Supporter, Umar Hassan Allegedly Gunned Down By SDP Thugs by rspy: 3:49pm On Nov 11, 2023
FuckingMachine:
Give me his wife's number so I can console her and Bleep her well to forget the loss.

Bad guy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafrans And Shi'ites Protesting At Anti-corruption Summit, London (Photos) / Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari / Chris Ngige Shows Off His Dance Skills At Akanu Ibiam Airport, Enugu (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.