Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote (19723 Views)

Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg / I’m A Billionaire In Terms Of The Kind Of Ideas I Have- APAMS Boss / 4 Best-kept Secrets Of Business Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by cococandy(f): 10:59pm On Nov 11, 2023
SeaTrade:
The real question is why don't you have a policy maker in your pocket?

Tribe, religion, ethnocentrism, corruption, bribery?
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by PoliteActivist: 11:00pm On Nov 11, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Tell them sir. While our people keep running away, Chinese and Indians keep coming in and smiling to the bank. Imagine Chinese investing in our ceramics industry and exporting to China and other African countries. Them full edo state. Meanwhile, edo people would
be running to Italy and other EU countries. Chinese juju most be working.

Our annual tent in an eyebrow area in a Nigerian city is one month rent overseas. I don't get it

Ever heard of division of labour? You specialize in what you do best. Edo people don't do ceramics best, but bedmatics...
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by Advancedman(m): 11:08pm On Nov 11, 2023
mactoni91:
Because everyone gets Cheap Labour.

Poor Compensation and Benefits.

The perfect truth.
If adequate renumeration were paid as standard most so-called big idiots flexing on people's labour and sweat will know their level.
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by SeaTrade(m): 11:08pm On Nov 11, 2023
cococandy:

Tribe, religion, ethnocentrism, corruption, bribery?

The north(predominantly hausa/muslim) has the largest number of poor people per unit area,
Going by your analogy,they shouldn't be poor then since all it takes to find Nigeria favorable is being Muslim,hausa..
Drop your corruption argument as almost everyone from all geopolitical zones throw bribes around and are corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by membranus: 11:27pm On Nov 11, 2023
SeaTrade:
Remember,you don't just hike the price because you want to.
You have to own majority of the entire supply to be able to control price point in the markets,so to you,does it take a dunce to be able to control supply in a market?Do you know what it takes to acquire the capacity to be able to mop up/own an entire/majority supply in a 200m people market ?You think a fool can do that?
There's nothing illegal about milking your customers if you can,afterall it's a free market,you can always get from the competition.But of course my competitors can't supply you cause they can't fill up the supply volume I offer you so you'd always come back to me and buy at my prices after my weak competitors have exhausted their meagre supplies .
Bleep the customers,Bleep the consumers,Bleep the distributors,Bleep morality
What matters is profits,EOD.
You can all see BUA that put ex depot prices at N3500 and yet prices are yet to reflect on the streets because the volumes to actually crash street prices aren't there because distros will simply mop up all he's got to offer at 3500,hoard and maintain old price,rinse and repeat.This wouldn't happen if BUA can oversupply and flood the markets,
Abi where distributors want see money and warehousing to mop up and hoard 60MMTPA capacity of cement if BUA could achieve this? undecided Business isn't black and white dear friend.
That means he just enriched middlemen and made no effect on consumers asides media parade,
Again Bleep the customers, its business.

Give BUA, and Ibeto and other competing firms a level playing ground, with exceptional government patronage as given Dangote, and watch if they too would not be able to build up the same transportation and warehousing capacities like Dangote within 5 years. They too are not minions in business development, and they are going to do it, even just by government stopping biased pampering of Dangote Industries.

Also you said, everything is business, and that as long as you are making money, bleep the customers, and to hell with business ethics.
Well, you can only try that in an outlaw economy like Nigeria, where anything goes. Can Microsoft try that in Europe, or Samsung and their native managers try that in South Korea or Ali Baba in China? Their managers will end up in gulag, with hefty fines that will shake their bottom lines.

As we all know, Nigeria business environment is a wilderness, where those that should enforce business laws are neck deep in corruption, which allow business racketeers like Dangote and you to thrive. Driving prices to the roof to fill your hellish pockets, while your unfortunate victims, the bleeped customers, are begging daily for amelioration. The Nigeria business climate is full of greedy business men who are addicted to their ever mounting wealth like drug barons, with no care for their afflicted buyers.

I can only say, enjoy your bloated wealth while it lasts, but I am very sure it won't lasts forever. One day sanity in business practices will happen to Nigeria, and then undue profiteering will cease. I am dreaming of that day.

Good night sir, it is time for my quiet time with God.
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by Eriokanmi: 11:29pm On Nov 11, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Ever heard of division of labour? You specialize in what you do best. Edo people don't do ceramics best, but bedmatics...
LOL

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by denzel231: 11:34pm On Nov 11, 2023
BOSSkesh:
You are very correct sir
Only the japarians don’t know this
deceive urself
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by ezewealth(m): 12:23am On Nov 12, 2023
SeaTrade:
You have to own majority of the entire supply to be able to control price point in the markets,so to you,does it take a dunce to be able to control supply in a market?Do you know what it takes to acquire the capacity to be able to mop up/own an entire/majority supply in a 200m people market ?You think a fool can do that?
There's nothing illegal about milking your customers if you can,afterall it's a free market,you can always get from the competition.But of course my competitors can't supply you cause they can't fill up the supply volume I offer you so you'd always come back to me and buy at my prices after my weak competitors have exhausted their meagre supplies .
You can all see BUA that put ex depot prices at N3500 and yet prices are yet to reflect on the streets because the volumes to actually crash street prices aren't there because distros will simply mop up all he's got to offer at 3500,hoard and maintain old price,rinse and repeat.This wouldn't happen if BUA can oversupply and flood the markets,
Abi where distributors want see money and warehousing to mop up and hoard 60MMTPA capacity of cement if BUA could achieve this? undecided Business isn't black and white dear friend.
That means he just enriched middlemen and made no effect on consumers asides media parade,
I remove cap. You are a core bizness man like me

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by nony43(m): 12:30am On Nov 12, 2023
richiemcgold:
I always laugh whenever I hear some folks saying no business can thrive in Nigeria.
...dem no know anything, walahi.
My current ROI in Nigeria here can't be attainable in the US, except you ain't paying taxes and other bills.

In this current democratic dispensation?
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by stephenponti(m): 1:04am On Nov 12, 2023
Because government gives you undue advantage.
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by zed7: 1:11am On Nov 12, 2023
SeaTrade:
Use to think you were smart,never would I have thought I'd find you in such pettiness.
You think a group like DIL will round trip dollar when they have machines and equipment worth multi billions of dollars to import to complete their refinery? undecided
What now do they do with the so called naira gains they made from round tripping?
Maybe you think Dangote is still looking for Duplex money,
Clown.

Stick to topics you know boy. Anyways, it's a public forum, nor be everything dem dey tell small pokin.
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by Juju70(m): 1:13am On Nov 12, 2023
Says mr monopoly
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by Tijani009: 2:58am On Nov 12, 2023
OneCandleAway:
If I was receiving monopoly on production of certain goods from govt of course Nigeria will be the best.

Why wasn't it the best for your dangite noodles when you had to compete with indomie?
He fails when he has to compete woth another product,bua is better , golden penny is better indomi is better, mr chef salt is better so on
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by Lifestone(m): 3:01am On Nov 12, 2023
1TrippleCee:
Says the fraud
Why do you guys always hate successful people. To you Dangote is a fraud and yet he is the highest employer after Government with hundred of thousands youth employed in his Companies in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by FKMagazine(m): 4:50am On Nov 12, 2023
Abi na
Because na Dangote dey control almost all market sector here, that's why he has the audacity to say rubbish
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by soccerlite: 5:18am On Nov 12, 2023
SeaTrade:
Nobody that knows their onions will pay you because their vehicle killed you on the road,that's why insurance exist.

Funny

There's no need conversing with typical nigerians
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by Lanretoye(m): 5:28am On Nov 12, 2023
immortalcrown:
Who in his position will say otherwise?

Actually, he said the truth but failed to explain why the secret does not benefit Nigerians. Nigerians suffer more than the citizens of many other countries.
go to neighbouring afican countries and see the meaning of sufferness,i dare you...
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by emmaodet: 6:20am On Nov 12, 2023
SeaTrade:

grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by emmaodet: 6:23am On Nov 12, 2023
SeaTrade:
If CBN doesn't give DG unfettered access to fx,who then will they now give? undecided Plastics 40ft Chinese knock off importers?
You can't prove CBN sold fx to DG at less than official rates so drop it.
With scale comes power to bend rules to your favour in forms of tax holidays,breaks and waivers.
Even traders like myself that have scaled up sometimes clear the markets of choice products and cause artificial scarcity by sheer Purchase order volumes and hike prices afterwards,then imagine what now happens in you have the firepower of Dangote Group?It's not out of place oga,the world isn't suppose to be fair.Go big or go home.
There's nowhere government bullied anybody out of business because of DG,don't even bring up the boring Ibeto story.
Dangote is just smarter than everybody else,it's that simple.

Hmmmm @ bolded
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by emmaodet: 6:27am On Nov 12, 2023
SeaTrade:
Use to think you were smart,never would I have thought I'd find you in such pettiness.
You think a group like DIL will round trip dollar when they have machines and equipment worth multi billions of dollars to import to complete their refinery? undecided
What now do they do with the so called naira gains they made from round tripping?
Maybe you think Dangote is still looking for Duplex money,
Clown.

grin grin
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by Sirianese: 6:36am On Nov 12, 2023
Of course it is, when you can fix prices and also break just about every other law of business ethics tongue
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by immortalcrown(m): 6:57am On Nov 12, 2023
Lanretoye:
go to neighbouring afican countries and see the meaning of sufferness,i dare you...
Does my comment say no suffering in other countries?
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by SeaTrade(m): 7:00am On Nov 12, 2023
zed7:

Stick to topics you know boy. Anyways, it's a public forum, nor be everything dem dey tell small pokin.
Funny thing is I'm quite sure you can't open your mouth and say this if we were standing next to each other.
Anyways,enjoy the anonymity the forum provided you while it lasts,
See butterfly weh dey call me boy,wonders.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by Greggdekor007: 7:39am On Nov 12, 2023
NwaNimo1:
For bandits, jihadist and pirates,....

So unfortunate that we have people like you among us.
Someone is out there saying good words about the country, trying to woo investors so that the life of the likes of you will improve, yet you are here denouncing, demoting, and degenerating your country. Even the poor and aggrieved Americans still Shout GOD BLESS AMERICA while they condemn their Political leaders,
Nigeria will be Great
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by vikstandon(m): 8:02am On Nov 12, 2023
Faiththatworks:
Oga Dangote we are following you bumper to bumper,let the world know the real truth about Nigeria.
Nigeria is an investor's delight.
Electricity generation and supply is chaotic, invest in it and make massive returns.....

Rail Transportation is non existent,invest in it and make massive returns.....

Education nko, open a primary, secondary or even a university and make good returns....

Housing Deficiency is something else,my brother,have the capital to build properties anywhere in Nigeria and make your returns....
Even Ordinary japa is big business,I read somewhere a company called Vesta is packaging japa location and procedures and they are smiling to the bank.
I keep saying to all the intelligent investors,Oga Dangote is ringing the bell for the massive explosion that's coming.
I take Ibeju-lekki as an example, imagine having Agbara in Ogun state,Warri in Delta State and Apapa in Lagos in one Single Local Government,infact in one Street in Nigeria...

Dangote Refinery,Lekki Sea Port and Lekki Trade free Zone are located within 5 minutes of each other in One local government in Lagos,the opportunities that will happen in that area alone in the next 5 years will be mind-bugling,throw in the Lagos-Calabar road and what you have is any investors delight.
That's why Kenttimo Limited is selling cheap properties cos we have already tapped into Alhaji Dangote Dream.
Patronize Us for Your Landed property in My Estate.....
https://www.nairaland.com/7905580/introducing-silvergate-estate-ibeju-lekki

IF YOU ONLY SEE AND HEAR THE EVIL IN NIGERIA,YOU WILL MISS OUT OF THE GOOD.
God Bless Nigeria....

Dangote rings the bell, but hates competitors. He will do anything to make sure you go underground, if he perceives you as a threat.
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by Brushstrokes20: 10:09am On Nov 12, 2023
Says the monopolistic Shylock scum!
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by Fearyourcreator: 10:24am On Nov 12, 2023
richiemcgold:
I always laugh whenever I hear some folks saying no business can thrive in Nigeria.
...dem no know anything, walahi.
My current ROI in Nigeria here can't be attainable in the US, except you ain't paying taxes and other bills.
Igbos can't make what they make here in other countries... money dey important like crazy for this country, especially fake and used products... crazy money... the profit margin is huge
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by Fearyourcreator: 10:27am On Nov 12, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Tell them sir. While our people keep running away, Chinese and Indians keep coming in and smiling to the bank. Imagine Chinese investing in our ceramics industry and exporting to China and other African countries. Them full edo state. Meanwhile, edo people would
be running to Italy and other EU countries. Chinese juju most be working.

Our annual tent in an eyebrow area in a Nigerian city is one month rent overseas. I don't get it
Most Nigerians no get inner eye ... they just want to flex ... funniest thing is the oyinbos here no too dey use luxury ooo...
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by yom2(m): 11:05pm On Nov 12, 2023
1TrippleCee:
Says the fraud
did he stole ur money? Stop making unnecessary enemies
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by yom2(m): 11:07pm On Nov 12, 2023
NwaNimo1:
For bandits, jihadist and pirates,....

was he ever a politician? Bigot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Banks Stop Cash Withdrawal From Overseas Atms / Make Money Online With Email Processing, What Do You Think? / Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.