Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,164 members, 7,835,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day (35333 Views)

UK Deputy High Commissioner Lays Wreath At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day / Photo: President Buhari And CJN Walter Onnoghen At Armed Forces Remembrance Day / Tension In Gbaramatu Kingdom As Soldiers Lay Siege (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by DeepSight(m): 10:28am On Nov 12, 2023
codemaniacs:

I know naptu2. he is a paid political humanoid.

Last question. Just to be clear, you also say that the slave trade never happened. The Trans Atlantic slave trade, that is. Just to confirm there isnt some sarcasm I am missing. Thank you.
Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by codemaniacs: 10:28am On Nov 12, 2023
Catapault:

Are you dumb?

I JUST TOLD YOU WHAT THE UK ANNUAL BUDGET IS.

THEY CAN AFFORD TO SPEND ON BEAUTIFICATION AND MAINTENANCE ON ANYTHING THEY WANT.

DO YOU ALSO WANT TO KNOW THEIR INCOME PER CAPITA?

Mumu.

Oh sure, it is their “white skin colour” that mysteriously, magically makes them love nice gardens.

Is that what you want to hear?

Dumbass, stupid slave.

Abeg lost from my face.

Mumu.

he will quote endlessly expecting you to continue to reply him especially now that you are getting emotional...

he has mental issues and anti-african sentiments.
Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by naptu2: 10:28am On Nov 12, 2023
codemaniacs:

that's the problem.

the posts seems neutral on the surface but beneath it is a tool of hypnosis meant to make you sympathetic to whyte people.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by codemaniacs: 10:30am On Nov 12, 2023
Hungerbadoo:
Thunder fire you

the wise take corrections but the fool enjoys his foolishness..
Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by naptu2: 10:30am On Nov 12, 2023
DeepSight:

Last question. Just to be clear, you also say that the slave trade never happened. The Trans Atlantic slave trade, that is. Just to confirm there isnt some sarcasm I am missing. Thank you.

Why are you engaging a troll that just wants to provoke fights and derail the thread?

The mods will soon be here to clean up the thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by letu(m): 10:30am On Nov 12, 2023
naptu2:
UK in Nigeria🇬🇧🇳🇬 @UKinNigeria

After all the obvious truth, those colonial Christianity apologist that we have in Nigeria will start talking rubbish on how those colonial Christians, pastors, Christian priest and Bishop obviously know to have played a significant role that helped the colonialists to conquer Africa, they will keep going with their foolishness on how different they are. They will keep making excuses that the colonial Christian are and still remain different from the colonial government/ soldiers, that they all came on their own differently.
Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by DeepSight(m): 10:31am On Nov 12, 2023
naptu2:

Why are you engaging a troll that just wants to provoke fights and derail the thread?

The mods will soon be here to clean up the thread.

Sorry jaare. I just wanted to confirm his lunacy. Respect.
Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by Catapault: 10:32am On Nov 12, 2023
codemaniacs:

he will quote endlessly expecting you to continue to reply him especially now that you are getting emotional...

he has mental issues and anti-african sentiments.

My brotha, I swear, people like this just irritate me.

And they are all over this forum. undecided
Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by lexy2014: 10:33am On Nov 12, 2023
Catapault:

Are you dumb?

I JUST TOLD YOU WHAT THE UK ANNUAL BUDGET IS.

THEY CAN AFFORD TO SPEND ON BEAUTIFICATION AND MAINTENANCE ON ANYTHING THEY WANT.

DO YOU ALSO WANT TO KNOW THEIR INCOME PER CAPITA?

Mumu.

Oh sure, it is their “white skin colour” that mysteriously, magically makes them love nice gardens.

Is that what you want to hear?

Dumbass, stupid slave.

Abeg lost from my face.

Mumu.

you are getting emotional but getting emotional doesnt answer simple question. kindly answer as enumerated.

1. the topic is about a cemetery. why is the entire Yaba cemetery not like the portion where the British buried their dead?

2. is it wealth and class that made the British part of the cemetery different from the other parts of Yaba cemetery?

3. is it wealthy people that the British people buried in Yaba cemetery?

4. what has "wealth and class" got to do with how the British take care of their dead many years after they are buried?

5. pls define "wealth and class".
Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by Catapault: 10:34am On Nov 12, 2023
lexy2014:

you are getting emotional but getting emotional doesnt answer simple question. kindly answer as enumerated.

1. the topic is about a cemetery. why is the entire Yaba cemetery not like the portion where the British buried their dead?

2. is it wealth and class that made the British part of the cemetery different from the other parts of Yaba cemetery?

4. what has "wealth and class" got to do with how the British take care of their dead many years after they are buried?

I’m done with you.

Get lost.
Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by lexy2014: 10:35am On Nov 12, 2023
Catapault:

I’m done with you.

Get lost.

like I said, you are getting emotional but getting emotional doesnt answer simple question. kindly answer as enumerated.

Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by codemaniacs: 10:40am On Nov 12, 2023
DeepSight:

no sarcasm..

it is story meant to keep black people in carribeans and america against west Africans.

whyte people did not have the infrastructure to move large amount of people from one continent to another.

whyte people in that era were also very racist and hated black people so they will kill any black person they see rather than trade with that black person.

In 2023, Africans are tribal.. In that era, Africans would have been very tribal and trying to kidnap one African from his ethnic nation would have meant attacking his entire ethnic nation simply put, it would have been impossible to kidnap one black person away from his ethnic nation because his tribes people will fight back.
Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by codemaniacs: 10:42am On Nov 12, 2023
Catapault:

My brotha, I swear, people like this just irritate me.

And they are all over this forum. undecided

they are very plenty...

its as if there's a "task force" somewhere that's just meant to make anti-african comments on the internet.
Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by DeepSight(m): 10:43am On Nov 12, 2023
codemaniacs:

no sarcasm..

it is story meant to keep black people in carribeans and america against west Africans.

whyte people did not have the infrastructure to move large amount of people from one continent to another.

whyte people in that era were also very racist and hated black people so they will kill any black person they see rather than trade with that black person.

In 2023, Africans are tribal.. In that era, Africans would have been very tribal and trying to kidnap one African from his ethnic nation would have meant attacking his entire ethnic nation simply put, it would have been impossible to kidnap one black person away from his ethnic nation because his tribes people will fight back.

Thank you very much and have a nice day. You need prayers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by smalls001: 10:45am On Nov 12, 2023
Its funny they keep using that phrase "To make the World a Safer Place". The world is more dangerous than it was back in 1914 and 1945. These people did not even know what they were really fighting and dying for.
Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by Kavaista: 10:56am On Nov 12, 2023
It's interesting reading the stories of Nigeria's forgotten WW1 and WW2 forgotten Heroes smiley
Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by eepeepook: 10:57am On Nov 12, 2023
I’m surprised stupid children didn’t post memes regarding the event. That’s the only activity your IQs can process regarding serious topics.

My grandfather fought in the Second World War; the only japa his broke ass experienced in one hundred and one years. Once the Africans were used and of no benefit to the white man, they were dumped back in their countries to live mediocre existences. He became a mechanic and engaged in the activity till death, fathering forty plus children along the way. It’s funny his Hot behind didn’t father any mixed race children with German women. He may have faced execution for trying such. Their white superiors made it known that their use was combat and nothing else. African governments don’t care to ask Germany to return remains of slain Africans who enlisted for the war. Did they honestly enlist? My grandfather said boys were rounded up, trained in a playful manner and sent off in ships. When the cold of winter hit them, they concluded they were in hell. Eating boots and cannibalizing the dead were a staple in between shivering your bottoms off. He always narrated the story with childish glee.
Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by codemaniacs: 10:59am On Nov 12, 2023
DeepSight:

Thank you very much and have a nice day. You need prayers.
Prayers are powerless and are for people who are under religious hypnosis.

you need reality. not whyte people created reality
Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by MrPresident1: 11:37am On Nov 12, 2023
Isaiah 2:4
And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by naptu2: 12:17pm On Nov 12, 2023
Live from the Cenotaph.

King Charles, politicians, high commissioners (including the Nigerian High Commissioner), service chiefs, etc. lay wreaths after the 2 minutes silence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYUcCzToc7U
Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by N3TRAL: 12:18pm On Nov 12, 2023
smalls001:
Its funny they keep using that phrase "To make the World a Safer Place". The world is more dangerous than it was back in 1914 and 1945. These people did not even know what they were really fighting and dying for.

Nope, the world is safer.

It is safer for black people than it was in 1945.

It is safer for women than it was in 1945.

It is safer for dissidents like atheists and homosexuals.

The biggest thing we've worried about in the last 2 decades is just a strain of virus. A vaccine was invented within one year. Our pandemic claimed lesser lives in 2020 than it did in Europe over 100 years ago.
Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by N3TRAL: 12:21pm On Nov 12, 2023
eepeepook:
I’m surprised stupid children didn’t post memes regarding the event. That’s the only activity your IQs can process regarding serious topics.

My grandfather fought in the Second World War; the only japa his broke ass experienced in one hundred and one years. Once the Africans were used and of no benefit to the white man, they were dumped back in their countries to live mediocre existences. He became a mechanic and engaged in the activity till death, fathering forty plus children along the way. It’s funny his Hot behind didn’t father any mixed race children with German women. He may have faced execution for trying such. Their white superiors made it known that their use was combat and nothing else. African governments don’t care to ask Germany to return remains of slain Africans who enlisted for the war. Did they honestly enlist? My grandfather said boys were rounded up, trained in a playful manner and sent off in ships. When the cold of winter hit them, they concluded they were in hell. Eating boots and cannibalizing the dead were a staple in between shivering your bottoms off. He always narrated the story with childish glee.

Must have been a horrendous experience.
Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by musicwriter(m): 12:45pm On Nov 12, 2023
to remember service personnel who have made the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty to ensure that we live in a safer world

The above is actually a mockery! Africans were forcefully abducted to a war we didn't bargain for, a war we knew nothing about it's cause.

And below is what they're not telling you.

1. After the war, Britain abandoned the African soldiers in Burma and evacuated only the white soldiers. Before you defend your white masters, look for the video on YouTube.

2. During the war, the African soldiers were not fed. They ate raw meat, in fact, Adolf Hitler used to mock Britain and France for "fighting along their slaves". Before you defend your white masters, look for the video on YouTube.

3. Britain refused to pay gratuity and upkeep money to the survivors. France paid some

4. This strategy of using African soldiers to defeat another part of Africa wasn't new. That's exactly how they acquired their slaves- using one African tribe against another. Then, later blamed you for selling yourselves into slavery.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by YoungBlackRico(m): 1:48pm On Nov 12, 2023
naptu2:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8201717.stm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWIHOIZVZtE
What do you expect from the British, they either loot and plunder or use you
Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by 2mch(m): 2:05pm On Nov 12, 2023
They carry our innocent men go fight war when not concern them. Rubbish. War that they will still use to oppress them. Africans better stop being useful idiots. Government should please clear all those foreign and useless graves. What an insult. Let them return our money they have plundered and stolen for years. Let them also do repatriations for slavery and then we can begin to talk.

1 Like

Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by Bravepenis: 2:14pm On Nov 12, 2023
The white men started raping us long time ago.
The misfortune of black race started Year 1616
Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by Occurstaem(m): 2:24pm On Nov 12, 2023
War that didn't concern Africa.
Our leaders need to do better to develop Africa.
Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by Patriotsleague: 3:34pm On Nov 12, 2023
As yesterday so is today, the world depends on fearless heroes, to stand against tyranny and dictatorship, to stand against forces of evil, fighting unrelentingly to take our collective freedom and choice. Barbarians blinded by concocted doctrines of segregation, discrimination, doctrines that talk of conquest, and terrorism.

Take a stand, fight for Africa and global freedom and emancipation.

1 Like

Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by caye(m): 4:52pm On Nov 12, 2023
DID YOU GUYS READ THOSE HIDDEN RACISM/ HATRED INSIDE THIS ARTICLE?

When I was young, we were shown and told about the bravery of the Gurkhas of India in fighting the Japanese.
They were always praised throughout the white media.

Surprisingly, the white man forgot the thousands of Afrikans who died saving their asses, so as to prevent a Japanese Asian wide empire.
Intact, the Japanese were called " The Invisible Japanese Army" ( Read Lord Mountbatten's photo autobiography).
Yet the Indians and Afrikans were able to dislodge them in Burma.

But the Africanṣ were not recognised. Their efforts were downplayed. In fact, in the 1st European tribal war, so that the returning Afrikans would not be a political force, they decided to give them mere lands to farm: not to be employed in the civil service.

This shows the dark mind of the white man.

To further compound this , READ WỌLÉ SOYINKA'S BOOK " AKE" , he discussed.the man called Powell. Powell, who founded the boys scout, was a commander in the (1st)? European tribal war. He said HE DIVERTED FOOD RATIONS FOR HIS AFRIKAN TROOPS TO THE WHITE TROOPS, while the Afrikans under his command died of hunger on the battlefield!
Imagine an Afrikan dying in a war instigated by the (un) royal houses.of Europe and the International Bankers ( let the reader understand!) He died IN VAIN.

LESSON LEARNT
: plus, don't go die in the white man's wars. Don't die in the Jewish or Arab wars.
Let them be, because even they will insult and hate your sacrifice and your corpse.

N.B:- I had relatives who fought in the 2nd European tribal war. They came back in a bad shape.
Don't let your be like that. Let the white man die his own death; since he loves war and bloodshed.

Peace out.
Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by Swiftgrp: 5:08pm On Nov 12, 2023
naptu2:
UK in Nigeria🇬🇧🇳🇬 @UKinNigeria

https://twitter.com/UKinNigeria/status/1723264451657297985
Truly historic.
Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by Swiftgrp: 5:10pm On Nov 12, 2023
naptu2:
Nigerian troops in the two world wars and why the Nigerian High Commissioner will lay a wreath today.

Kamerun was colonised by Germany, so there were concerns with the outbreak of World War 1 that Nigeria could be attacked by Kamerun/Germany. Troops were mobilised for the defence of Nigeria and for action against Kamerun/Germany. The war on Nigeria's eastern front raged between 1914-1916. Nigerian troops captured Yaounde and Douala and were able to drive the Germans to Spanish Guinea (now Equatorial Guinea) where they were disarmed. The Royal Navy sent some warships to Nigeria to assist with the campaign.

Germany also colonised Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania and parts of Kenya, so Nigerian troops were also deployed to East Africa to fight against the Germans. This phase of the war lasted from 1916-1918 and resulted in a victory for the allies (British Empire [Indians, East, West and South Africans], Belgian and Portuguese forces). At least 2,700 Nigerians died in this campaign.

Nigerians also famously fought in the 2nd World War. Nigerian troops were deployed in 1940 to participate in the defence of Kenya. They also fought in Abyssinia (Ethiopia), Somalia and Sudan. They returned to Nigeria in 1941.

Back in Nigeria, they were deployed to the northern and western borders after France fell, to prevent a possible attack by the Vichy French (there were concerns that the Vichy French would try to invade Nigeria and this resulted in several false alarms in 1941 and 1942).

Their most famous battles in the war were in India and Burma between 1943 - 1945. Many famous Nigerian soldiers, such as Sergeant Hama Kim, Wellington Bassey and Johnson Thomas Aguiyi-Ironsi, fought in this phase of the war. They were engaged in intense and brutal fighting against the Japanese in awful conditions.

The BBC has produced several documentaries (on tv and radio) about the exploits of these Africans in South-East Asia. A British journalist, Barnaby Philips, produced a documentary for Al-Jazeera in 2012 called "Burma Boy" in which he tracked down a Nigerian soldier that fought in Burma during World War 2 and got him to tell his story. He also tracked down the children of the Burmese man who sheltered the Nigerian soldier when he got injured and the Japanese were looking for him. Barnaby Philips also wrote a book about Nigerian soldiers who fought in Burma. It's titled "Another Man's War".

Many Nigerian sitcoms in the 1970s and 1980s had a character that was a former major who fought in the 2nd World War (usually in Burma, but also in the Carribeans), eg Sura Di Tailor, Second Chance and Village Headmaster.

Many Nigerian graves remain in cemeteries at the Dalet Chaung near Tamandu, the Rangoon Memorial and the Taukkyan War Cemetery in Burma.

Several barracks in Nigeria are named after places where Nigerian troops fought and died during the 2nd World War. These include Dodan (Ikoyi), An (Yaba), Myohaung (Yaba), Arakan (Apapa), Marda (Yaba) and Tamandu Barracks (Apapa) in Lagos; Letmauk Barracks in Ibadan; Dalet, Mogadishu, Colito and Kalapanzin Barracks in Kaduna; and the Chindit Barracks in Zaria.

Ceremonies were held in certain military cemeteries in Nigeria on the 11th to honour soldiers who died in these wars.

That's why the Nigerian High Commissioner will lay a wreath at the Cenotaph in London today.

Picture 1: Inspection of Nigerian recruits.

Picture 2: West African and Indian troops in India during the Second World War.

Picture 3: A West African soldier being operated on during the War.

Picture 4: Nigerian troops board a Royal Air Force Dakota plane for the journey to Burma to take part in Operation Thursday.
Awesome!

Togo and the Ewe-speaking parts of what is now Ghana were under German colonial rule till the Germans lost World War 1 and had to surrender their colonial processions to the victorious European allies.

Great thread... Saved.
Re: British Soldiers Lay Crosses At Yaba Cemetery To Mark Remembrance Day by smalls001: 5:36pm On Nov 12, 2023
N3TRAL:

Nope, the world is safer.

It is safer for black people than it was in 1945.

It is safer for women than it was in 1945.

It is safer for dissidents like atheists and homosexuals.

The biggest thing we've worried about in the last 2 decades is just a strain of virus. A vaccine was invented within one year. Our pandemic claimed lesser lives in 2020 than it did in Europe over 100 years ago.
I'm not talking of black people, virus nor pandemic neither did the article. I'm referring to conflicts, wars, terrorism and co.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shekau Flees Nigeria / Police Arrest Yoruba Nation Agitators For Hijacking Radio Station / Nigerian Tribune Newspaper Sacks 160 Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.