Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? (8442 Views)

Bill Wiese: 'I Died & Went To Hell' (23 Questions About Hell) / Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? / Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by SimeonOTC(m): 10:31am On Nov 12, 2023
Since 2019, I stop attending with my heart. Except for crossover night only.. that's like once in a year since 2019.

That thing is really not for me. I may sound weird but church was stopping me from being productive. I became mentally weak and unserious. I couldn't save money or earn better money cause I was too religious. Had to stop and free myself from that chain.
Church is good but it's not for me. I can go strictly on invitation. But on a normal Sunday, Nope!

3 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by Exceed15: 10:33am On Nov 12, 2023
This morning
Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by Rybnyk(m): 10:33am On Nov 12, 2023
6:30am, 12/11/23
Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by BucketMan: 10:39am On Nov 12, 2023
I go to church only when I'm doing really well Financially and not the other way around.

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by Theweekend: 10:39am On Nov 12, 2023
iCauseTrouble:
2019 was the last time I went to church. I have been using my Sundays for more productive things.
Like now, I am on my laptop working.
man wey sabi
Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by StUriah(m): 10:39am On Nov 12, 2023
Jesus was smart to have visited the synagogue when he was a child, and again when he, as an adult, went to destroy wares of those who came for commercial activities in the synagogue.

He realized that going to worship centers have no impact in your spiritual life. Your personal relationship with God is what matters.

Franzinni:
Jesus didn't go to church .... Religion is a drug, you have direct connection to your God, you don't need to go to a building to surround yourself with individuals bursting at the brim with self deception, dedicating 1 day of the week to gather together and act like they are righteous only for them to return to the life of perpetual sin... Remember the bible says your rather be HOT or be cold ... If you are lukewarm God will spit you out ... It's unfortunate the large majority of christians are lukewarm. Sunday Sunday medicine.

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by StUriah(m): 10:43am On Nov 12, 2023
Most guys go to church on Sunday and still end up sleeping with some Choristers immediately after church service.

This I have done in the past.

2 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by Petersamuel8(m): 10:48am On Nov 12, 2023
I they inside church now
Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by hustla(m): 10:59am On Nov 12, 2023
4/5 years ago grin
Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by Tboymessiah(m): 11:08am On Nov 12, 2023
Kelvinnchucks:
It's beginning to become clearer to the average nigerian that going to church day and night technically doesn't change anything.

You go to church because you "Want" something from "God". Then you try to bribe him to favour you quicker with tithes and offerings. Once those "needs" are met another "want" comes up, and since "wants" are insatiable you'll keep going back with needs.

Anyone that's going because they truly love God unconditionally and not because they need something from him should be the only one going to church.

The rest of you will join me in he'll if it exists.
P.s My autocorrect doesn't even recognize it

NasoLifeBe!!!

The most reasonable reply with correct analysis

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by annayawchee: 11:08am On Nov 12, 2023
Jan 1 2023.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by SeriouslySense(m): 11:09am On Nov 12, 2023
John 4:23-24. He said, But the hour cometh and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father seeketh such to worship Him.

God is ever near and present, so in your private room, where no one can see you, go to God and give him thanks and spend time with the creator.

I go to church, as i can, somtimes i dont go, but i love spending time with God everyday, because in the presence of God there is Joy.

The more you spend time with our God, then you can know God more and knowing God helps our character and soul.

Our God is wonderful, slow to anger, abounding in mercy and love, and Holy, who hates sin and who chooses to have mercy on whom he choose to have mercy upon. Therefore seek him and run to the presence of the almighty.

Without God, is darkness, and in him is Life. Without our God, what can you do, nothing

2 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by jpmoriarti(m): 11:13am On Nov 12, 2023
March 2018. I don't suppose I'll ever back again
Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by Zooposki(f): 11:15am On Nov 12, 2023
ZACHIE:
There is no pride in this.

Asking backsliders to come and celebrate their churchlessness is a sin.

Poop on tread!

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by kareemkamil(m): 11:21am On Nov 12, 2023
Who church help
Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by Pauliaette(m): 11:27am On Nov 12, 2023
It's been long, I'm not proud anyway.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by stacyadams: 11:29am On Nov 12, 2023
Bluezy13:
I'm not ready for noise and drama.
Watching mature and "sane" people put up an act in the name of worship some god is traumatizing.

Hahahaha very traumatizing
Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by iramure(m): 11:30am On Nov 12, 2023
About 10 years ago when I realised that church na scam coupled with the COVID 19 exposing Nigeria pastors as original fake only interested in milking your purse dry using the scamming unholy book..
Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by weedfada(m): 11:31am On Nov 12, 2023
Omo na two years ago o (at a wedding ceremony grin ) But I hook up to Dr Creflo Dollar every Sunday (World changers Ministries). That's my Sunday tonic, God blesses me through that nigga more than any Nigerian Pastor or Church I ever known. I wan start dey sow into his ministry sef. RNS!
Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by Ten06(m): 11:33am On Nov 12, 2023
I'm a very serious Christian before now but I have stopped attending services since 4 months ago.
I love God and still worship him but I will not attend churches which have introduced different doctrines which are not biblical.

3 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by Bluezy13(m): 11:34am On Nov 12, 2023
yommen:

If people worshiping God is your own source of trauma, then it's obvious you need to see a Psychiatrist.

Secondly, the Bible is very complete and has example for every character. Yours is like the case of Mikah, one of David's wives who complained about how King David danced to God. She turned out to be the only woman in the Bible who God cursed never to have a child and it was so.

Stop vibrating.
You are ignorant of the origin of the Roman politically fabricated and documented piece you call Bible.

2 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by vickydevoka(m): 11:38am On Nov 12, 2023
insidelife22:
Good morning Fellow brethren, I was born in a very religious family, when I was small I enjoyed attending church. I sometimes even slept in the church (back then it was allowed by our church).

In 2010 I went to stay with one of my aunts, she was Catholic, so I started attending Catholic Church with her. Then in 2014 I left and have been staying on my own since then.

To be honest I have not been to Church more than five times, the last time I went to church was in July 2018, don't know why but that's just it.
Last yr
Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by uchwar1: 11:40am On Nov 12, 2023
Chibuzoc:
grin I don forget, but I remember when assemblies of god de fight even with gun for church
lolz! Them fall my hand too

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by Fredoh(m): 11:47am On Nov 12, 2023
kodab:
1.I stop going to church after I apply for navy and the pastor told me they will shortlist me but unfortunately they didn't,he ask me to do some stuff which I did but later on they didn't shortlist me so I move on,
2.there was a day I went to church then because I came late my pastor use me to preach till she finished preaching it's hurt Sha
3.my pastor told me that I was owing them money for offering ,for the past 4 Sunday I didn't came to church that's I must pay,I begin to loose interest in the church
4.i discover now that most churches only care about Money not God,

Your pastor pushed you out of that church Sir, and you’re right to leave. Only that you could go to another trusted one.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by tylesh(f): 11:55am On Nov 12, 2023
I’ve only been to church four times this year . I haven’t been consistent in going to church ever since I lost my mum last year October. It has been a struggle
Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by Decarbonisation: 12:03pm On Nov 12, 2023
insidelife22:
Good morning Fellow brethren, I was born in a very religious family, when I was small I enjoyed attending church. I sometimes even slept in the church (back then it was allowed by our church).

In 2010 I went to stay with one of my aunts, she was Catholic, so I started attending Catholic Church with her. Then in 2014 I left and have been staying on my own since then.

To be honest I have not been to Church more than five times, the last time I went to church was in July 2018, don't know why but that's just it.

29 years ago.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by Psammmy(m): 12:13pm On Nov 12, 2023
2006🤣😂

quote author=insidelife22 post=126920597]Good morning Fellow brethren, I was born in a very religious family, when I was small I enjoyed attending church. I sometimes even slept in the church (back then it was allowed by our church).

To be honest I have not been to Church more than five times, the last time I went to church was in July 2018, don't know why but that's just it.[/quote]
Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by chidi2003(m): 12:16pm On Nov 12, 2023
UptownVibes:
Emeka and the other guy grin.. Those guys made AG tire me those days..
Paul Emeka and Chidi Okoroafor's gangsters tussle for supremacy!

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by sonofthunder: 12:18pm On Nov 12, 2023
insidelife22:

Today.

Don't be proud of vanity.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by missionmex(m): 12:23pm On Nov 12, 2023
AbuTwins:
Wetin dm dey do there?
Dem dey cast out demon from the head of people like you.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by UptownVibes(m): 12:23pm On Nov 12, 2023
chidi2003:

Paul Emeka and Chidi Okoroafor's gangsters tussle for supremacy!
Yes,I can't forget that period. They now had two fashion ,just like political parties. That was when I left AG.. Come tire for church matters. If AG can be like that,others can do same too.. What matters to me now is my personal relationship with God,not church anymore.. Church is now business/political houses..

2 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? by AskNgige2: 12:25pm On Nov 12, 2023
ReacherSaidNoth:
About 4-5 times in the last ten years. Last time was in 2021 for my niece's dedication, the experience was traumatizing with the loud speakers and all round chaotic nature of service. Some nuts will have to be loose in my head before I put myself through that again.

This is why I prefer Catholic church

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Beware Of "A Balanced Message" - Olamide Obire / Checkout Bishop David Oyedepo’s Luxurious House, Cars And Private Jet / Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.