Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

A Tech Skill Will Make Your Life Easy When You Travel Out. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Tech Skill Will Make Your Life Easy When You Travel Out. (1234 Views)

How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. / I Want To Travel Out Of Nigeria......in Need Of Help Ooooo / Keep My Federal Government Job Or Travel Out To Dubia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Tech Skill Will Make Your Life Easy When You Travel Out. by FatherOfJesus: 8:45am On Nov 12, 2023
I'm going to use Germany as an example, if you are not a professional in architecture, Healthcare, Engineering and ICT, na hustle you go go hustle.
You will be paid 15 euros per hour working as a factory worker or as a cleaner in a restaurant. As a tech person, I learnt frontend web development and now I'moving to backend, you know how much they pay us in Germany? Entry level receives 40 euros per hour.

Don't just travel out, prepare yourself. Learn a skill

8 Likes

Re: A Tech Skill Will Make Your Life Easy When You Travel Out. by RealEmilokan: 12:15pm On Nov 12, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
I'm going to use Germany as an example, if you are not a professional in architecture, Healthcare, Engineering and ICT, na hustle you go go hustle.
You will be paid 15 euros per hour working as a factory worker or as a cleaner in a restaurant. As an tech person, I learnt frontend web development and now I'moving to backend, you know how much they pay us in Germany? Entry level receives 40 euros per hour.

I sent you an email.
Re: A Tech Skill Will Make Your Life Easy When You Travel Out. by Ay04z(m): 2:52pm On Nov 12, 2023
How can I learn a front end web?
Re: A Tech Skill Will Make Your Life Easy When You Travel Out. by mmag(m): 3:13pm On Nov 12, 2023
Ay04z:
If you have a laptop and internet connection, you can use roadmap.sh and follow through.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Tech Skill Will Make Your Life Easy When You Travel Out. by FatherOfJesus: 4:09pm On Nov 12, 2023
Ay04z:
There so many resources online.
Get a laptop and pick one.

All you need is time and dedication. Coding takes time, time and time.

1 Like

Re: A Tech Skill Will Make Your Life Easy When You Travel Out. by Ay04z(m): 4:19pm On Nov 12, 2023
mmag:

If you have a laptop and internet connection, you can use roadmap.sh and follow through.
okay boss
Re: A Tech Skill Will Make Your Life Easy When You Travel Out. by cbaba: 5:46pm On Nov 12, 2023
Google the Odin project and take the front end learning path. 1.5 hrs a day learning and coding.

If u know u don't have time everyday to learn it, pls don't start. There is no halfway. U learn and build projects and save it.

Consistency is the key......6months is ok....Goodluck.
Re: A Tech Skill Will Make Your Life Easy When You Travel Out. by Average9jaman: 8:53am On Nov 13, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
You will be paid 15 euros per hour working as a factory worker or as a cleaner in a restaurant. As a tech person, I learnt frontend web development and now I'moving to backend, you know how much they pay us in Germany? Entry level receives 40 euros per hour.

Nice. How long u bin there?

Do you work remotely or on site

Being in the IT space ova there, what other IT skills do you think pple can prepare themselves with (if for instance coding is not the persons strong point) that may be in demand ova there?

Thanks
Re: A Tech Skill Will Make Your Life Easy When You Travel Out. by FatherOfJesus: 9:39am On Nov 13, 2023
Average9jaman:

Nice. How long u bin there?

Do you work remotely or on site

Being in the IT space ova there, what other IT skills do you think pple can prepare themselves with (if for instance coding is not the persons strong point) that may be in demand ova there?

Thanks
I just got to Germany not quite long. I got a programming job in less than a month and it's hybrid.
It's beneficial, I only have to work for 8 hours a day and my 2 days salary pays my rent of 500 euros monthly and I still get change.

You can do UI/UX for product designing if you don't want to code, it's a highly sort-after skill here. If you can learn it and then do couple of projects, you are good to go. To cap it up, you can do courses in project management. You need to take it as a lifestyle.

I learnt the basics of frontend in 6 months, I also learnt UI/UX along the line(which should be a basic knowledge for a developer anayways), I did some couple of projects to showcase my skills.

2 Likes

Re: A Tech Skill Will Make Your Life Easy When You Travel Out. by marsoden: 10:11am On Nov 13, 2023
FatherOfJesus:

I can see two paths here.
Please Which of them is the front end?

Re: A Tech Skill Will Make Your Life Easy When You Travel Out. by emmy4real94(m): 11:19am On Nov 13, 2023
How do people get visa to Germany from Nigeria... I believe it's too difficult!
FatherOfJesus:

Re: A Tech Skill Will Make Your Life Easy When You Travel Out. by FatherOfJesus: 2:47pm On Nov 13, 2023
emmy4real94:
How do people get visa to Germany from Nigeria... I believe it's too difficult!
U don't need to get Germany visa, you only need to get any schengen country to get to Germany.
Re: A Tech Skill Will Make Your Life Easy When You Travel Out. by FatherOfJesus: 2:48pm On Nov 13, 2023
marsoden:

I can see two paths here.
Please Which of them is the front end?
go through Javascript, Javascript script is a frontend programming language while Ruby is backend
Re: A Tech Skill Will Make Your Life Easy When You Travel Out. by emmy4real94(m): 10:19pm On Nov 13, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
U don't need to get Germany visa, you only need to get any schengen country to get to Germany.
I see...
Re: A Tech Skill Will Make Your Life Easy When You Travel Out. by emmy4real94(m): 10:21pm On Nov 13, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
so broo . I do product design. with many gigs over there, you could share some tasks to me over here for small pays..

1 Like

Re: A Tech Skill Will Make Your Life Easy When You Travel Out. by Tekkyboy(m): 11:20pm On Nov 13, 2023
I'm a laptop and phone enginear, is it marketable in Germany
Re: A Tech Skill Will Make Your Life Easy When You Travel Out. by Average9jaman: 6:27am On Nov 15, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
I just got to Germany not quite long. I got a programming job in less than a month and it's hybrid.
It's beneficial, I only have to work for 8 hours a day and my 2 days salary pays my rent of 500 euros monthly and I still get change.

You can do UI/UX for product designing if you don't want to code, it's a highly sort-after skill here. If you can learn it and then do couple of projects, you are good to go. To cap it up, you can do courses in project management. You need to take it as a lifestyle.

I learnt the basics of frontend in 6 months, I also learnt UI/UX along the line(which should be a basic knowledge for a developer anayways), I did some couple of projects to showcase my skills.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Results Of MrBiggs Test In Festac / Pulisher/writer Needed / Help With Guiness Test Format

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.