Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,677 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

I Regret Graduating With A First Class - Nigerian Lady Says - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Regret Graduating With A First Class - Nigerian Lady Says (3295 Views)

After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? / Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba / The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Graduating With Second Class Lower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Graduating With A First Class - Nigerian Lady Says by LikeAking: 7:19pm On Nov 12, 2023
bola4dprec:
but she is not a virgin

Are u a ritualist?
Re: I Regret Graduating With A First Class - Nigerian Lady Says by Entanglement: 7:33pm On Nov 12, 2023
abhosts:
You don't need connections to land a good job in Nigeria if you are a first class brain. I know several people that landed great jobs because they aced the tests and job interviews and not because of connections.
oga shut up your smelly sinking mouth there angry

Even with first class you still need 💯 connection in this country undecided

I know your father tinubu has paid you to wrote this rubbish
Re: I Regret Graduating With A First Class - Nigerian Lady Says by Mhizzard(m): 7:53pm On Nov 12, 2023
9182736455O1999:
3rd class ke? Na even o level go dey head them.
Nigeria don spoil to that extent?
Re: I Regret Graduating With A First Class - Nigerian Lady Says by samuelpeters(m): 8:10pm On Nov 12, 2023
It doesn't mean she should regret anything.

First class/BGS and her department didn't see any reason to retain her?

Is she that unemployable.
Re: I Regret Graduating With A First Class - Nigerian Lady Says by bola4dprec(m): 8:12pm On Nov 12, 2023
LikeAking:

Are u a ritualist?

confirmed
Re: I Regret Graduating With A First Class - Nigerian Lady Says by Blitzking: 8:18pm On Nov 12, 2023
Doxy1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5XaCruHxi0?si=nZhe1yqRyPnTEpcP

A Nigerian lady has said she regrets graduating with a first class and being the best graduating student of her department.

According to the young lady, she concentrated solely on her academics and forgot to have a social life.

She said she has graduated and has no social skills or any form of network as she did not interact with even her classmates while in school. She said she has come to the sudden realization that having ‘’connections'' in Nigeria is very important.
request for ur transcript and getting the Hell out of the this shithole.. go for graduate studies in the US..don't give up

1 Like

Re: I Regret Graduating With A First Class - Nigerian Lady Says by 90dbest: 8:44pm On Nov 12, 2023
Harddiskng:

Are you minding her. I have worked with 4 different organizations (3 of which are large corporations, 1 medium sized).

I didn’t need any human connection to get into any one of them. Just Baba God and my application.
So define baba god for us , educated black man or woman?
Re: I Regret Graduating With A First Class - Nigerian Lady Says by yinkeys(m): 11:18pm On Nov 12, 2023
Doxy1:
Sociology
Not STEM
undecided
Re: I Regret Graduating With A First Class - Nigerian Lady Says by BigDawsNet: 9:05am On Nov 13, 2023
1stClass may not have much effect in Nigeria employment labour..

But for you guys still in school and you which to japa on scholarship... abeg.. buckle well oh... First class will take you overseas 💯

Also.. Good result will help you quickly secure an admission
Re: I Regret Graduating With A First Class - Nigerian Lady Says by Purvan(m): 10:06am On Nov 13, 2023
School na scam

Alll those you invested in school simply your parents told you , go to school, get good grades and graduate then get a good job

All na scam

Best to drop out from school system because it's useless and baked with outdated curriculum

Educate yourself if you have the guts, pick a trade or learn to code

Go to the library and read books

This girl should find something to do with her life either by getting married to someone self sufficient or do something with her life
Re: I Regret Graduating With A First Class - Nigerian Lady Says by ItisWell22(f): 12:00pm On Nov 13, 2023
DKM123:
But where is the lie?

I say where is the lie?

A neighbor came out with a third class in Geology and got a job in one of the biggest oil firms in Nigeria. Her dad was a top executive....

Anyway, some first class products are still at an advantage in the Job market sha especially for scholarship abroad. Incase, you are thinking it's not worth it. Remember that 3rd class is not worth it either.

I’m glad you balanced your comment.

Life na risk, we just gatz choose the risk we can bear its consequences.
Re: I Regret Graduating With A First Class - Nigerian Lady Says by sirrhidd(m): 5:51pm On Nov 13, 2023
[quote author=Doxy1 post=126926085]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5XaCruHxi0?si=nZhe1yqRyPnTEpcP

A Nigerian lady has said she regrets graduating with a first class and being the best graduating student of her department.

According to the young lady, she concentrated solely on her academics and forgot to have a social life.

Yes, graduating with a first class is good but it is not enough. To be employable in the labour market, you have to possess employable skills.

Many graduates can't even operate the Microsoft Office Suites and they want to work in big companies, you have to bring values or add value to the company, be current with latest industry tech skills, upskill yourself, and jobs will definitely be looking for you.

Meanwhile, I take different tech courses and currently teaching MS OFFICE SUITES, if you are interested in becoming a professional with Microsoft office tools, kindly WhatsApp me on this number 09033473095...Gracias

(1) (2) (Reply)

Online Msc/mba Degree, Anyone Gone Through It? / Uniuyo Remedial? / Niger Delta University Admission List Is Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.