Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) (44048 Views)

Air Force Plane Suffers Tyre Burst, Overshoots Runway (Picture) / Air Peace Plane Overshoots Runway In Port Harcourt / Air Niugini Plane Lands In The Ocean, Overshoots Runway In Micronesia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) by 3ice9ce: 1:09am On Nov 13, 2023
ViceGovernor:

He's a family friend and no Okun person has ever been gomina in kogi state it's not fair.
Now food is very bitter in my mouth I can't eat since afternoon

You go see shege this one wey Dino has been stripped naked. Fools like you are supporting that animal because of the crumbs he is giving you.
Re: Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) by bfeather1: 2:34am On Nov 13, 2023
This is the time to check the safety and operational processes, procedures and compliances, fitness, air worthyness and certifications, including proactiveness of personnel working in the aviation sector.
If care is not taken, with all these incidents within a duration of 2weeks, airplanes that should never had been passed will fly the air.
This is not a drill where every danfo or cars is allowed to ply the road.
If you love anyone who loves the air, try to tell them to avoid the airspace until the Nigerian government openly declare an emergency in the aviation section.
Re: Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) by Yestogood: 3:55am On Nov 13, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Na everything una dey investigate?

Is it not very clear?

Which investigation dem want conduct again?

Simply write a report and apply sanctions where necessary, stop wasting time on any investigation.

The delicate nature of air travel necessitates such measures. You see, a plane cannot be stopped mid air to check if the last time it overshot the runway, unmitigated damage was done to the nose gear which renders further flying dangerous.
They have to get it right one time, first time.
Re: Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) by fieldbus: 4:05am On Nov 13, 2023
obyno82:

The funny thing is that this didn't look like it overshot the runway. What I feel happened is that the plane landed and slowed down as usual and the pilot must have made a hard turn when trying to taxi to where it will stop it now turn away from the tarred runway to the sandy side that was why the nose wheel was stuck.
God bless you bros.that was exactly what happened, that's not the runway but the taxiway to the hanger area.the run way is smother. I took off from warri yesterday with airpeacece from warri by 10am and we got to Abuja by 5pm because of this incident. The pilot has a lot of explanation to give. The funniest thing is that the minster of aviation was in the flight,after hovering for almost 30 min in Abuja we were diverted to Enugu where we waited fr bout an hour
Re: Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) by bdon123(m): 5:16am On Nov 13, 2023
That aircraft is run by aero.I hav taken its 3 times within d past 1 month
Re: Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) by Medium76: 6:23am On Nov 13, 2023
joepepsy:
Do you know where am tying from? grin grin Switzerland😀😃😄😄,I was expecting you to make your point,why I should patronise you, most of you guys can be so empty, address people with respect and conviction,you don lose one customer be that...I know the next will be, who dash you Switzerland,you wey dey Oshogbo or aba etc.

You can be in heaven for all I care. What you said was uncharitable and I don't have to pretend about it. Being in Switzerland or wherever doesn't give you the privilege to scorn at or put someone elses business down. Have a nice century Sir.
Re: Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) by CJStarz: 6:47am On Nov 13, 2023
Naija na country of endless investigations🤣🤣

LeoDeKing:

Is it not very clear?

Simply write a report and apply sanctions where necessary, stop wasting time on any investigation.

Re: Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) by CJStarz: 6:48am On Nov 13, 2023
Hehehehe......d plane for kukuma enter Aso Rock as to dey Waka dey hungry am🤣🤣🤣
Re: Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) by bewla(m): 7:14am On Nov 13, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Is it not very clear?

investigation need to happen oo
See that runway as he tie tie, abi amateur ,the pilot , the plain safe fit done old, sunlight fit shine the pilot , Malu cow fit run the street , mic fit no work , lastly my sister of the night got enter the plain no want pay

So let them investigate toryy no they end
Re: Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) by thunderbabs: 7:48am On Nov 13, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Is it not very clear?

Na money dem go use do investigation na grin Dem go buy assorted pen and paper, money for drinks for the investigators, investigators will need to fly in from Switzerland etc

You no sabi our ways to steal money ni shocked
Re: Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) by joepepsy(m): 8:39am On Nov 13, 2023
If you can't tolerate nonsense, my guy you have no business in business, Just forget it.
Medium76:

You can be in heaven for all I care. What you said was uncharitable and I don't have to pretend about it. Being in Switzerland or wherever doesn't give you the privilege to scorn at or put someone elses business down. Have a nice century Sir.
Re: Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) by Medium76: 9:11am On Nov 13, 2023
joepepsy:
If you can't tolerate nonsense, my guy you have no business in business, Just forget it.

I am happy you have finally come to admit that what you said in the beginning was nonsense, we are getting somewhere. You should know that we have different temperaments as humans, you can't push me and tell me how to fall, you can't beat a child and tell the child not to cry. I said what I said bro. Send a DM if you need affordable lands in Abuja.
Re: Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) by Novice1(m): 10:24am On Nov 13, 2023
this is pilot recklessness. he should be able to estimate space that is enough for his aircraft. suspend his licence for 3 years
Re: Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) by sinero: 11:03am On Nov 13, 2023
LordIsaac:
Almost all flights from 2pm cancelled! What a country!

You people just come here to vomit rubbish, what is wrong with the country this time?
Sometimes this year, the whole of British Airways flights from London Heathrow was cancelled, nobody from that country pulled down their country. If it was abroad you'll commend them for being safety driven but its Nigeria now, you'll talk trash.
Re: Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) by LordIsaac(m): 11:07am On Nov 13, 2023
sinero:

You people just come here to vomit rubbish, what is wrong with the country this time?
Sometimes this year, the whole of British Airways flights from London Heathrow was cancelled, nobody from that country pulled down their country. If it was abroad you'll commend them for being safety driven but its Nigeria now, you'll talk trash.
You are the one that speaks rudely without knowing the context of my argument.
Re: Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) by allthingsgood: 1:21pm On Nov 13, 2023
evictor305:
You must be leaving in a cave not to know you can have access to this level of information easily

so where is your source Lubbish fake news propagandists
Re: Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) by djseanjohn77: 1:41pm On Nov 13, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Is it not very clear?

Investigation is an international standard procedure in incident or accident - there has to be investigation, risk assessment, trend analysis etc. But what do notice know? They see everything as waste of time.
Re: Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) by gabrielmorinho(m): 7:22pm On Nov 13, 2023
Sunnymatey:
Ayade scrap metal alias Cally Air is causing obstruction at Abuja airport runway.

Pls Ayade to come for his scrap metal

From what you typed, you are from akwa ibom right? Is this the first time an aircraft is overshooting its runway? I smell sentiment and bitterness ooo
Re: Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) by Jossibest(m): 8:23pm On Nov 13, 2023
Just take a look at abuja plane run way full of stretch marks.
Is a pity that a whole capital city of Nigeria air port is like that
Re: Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) by ZeusP(m): 8:48pm On Nov 13, 2023
Mismanagement
Re: Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) by DrMuzungu(m): 9:29pm On Nov 13, 2023
DiscoverID:
That aircraft is 24 years old scrap that is allowed to be flying in Nigeria.

People who do not understand the aviation sector should avoid commenting. Age of the aircraft does matter, but maintenance matters a lot more, as well as pilot training. Even the brand new aircraft can fail if not maintained properly. Likewise, a 24 years old aircraft can perform well, if maintained well. Have you heard about A, B, C and D checks for aircraft? If you did, can you list what has to be done during each and when are these performed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nasarawa Pastor Survives Terrible Accident On His Way To His Hometown (Photos) / Accident Along Benin/owo Express Way In Ondo State(pic) / Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.