Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

South Africa's Mamelodi Sundowns Wins Inaugural Africa Football League PICS) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / South Africa's Mamelodi Sundowns Wins Inaugural Africa Football League PICS) (514 Views)

My Story As Hawker And Orphan To Africa’s Football King – Osimhen (Pictures) / MFM Women’s Basketball Club Wins 2023 Zenith Women’s Basketball League(pics) / Usain Bolt Signs For Mamelodi Sundowns, South African Football Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa's Mamelodi Sundowns Wins Inaugural Africa Football League PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 11:33pm On Nov 12, 2023
Mamelodi Sundowns of South Africa were crowned the first-ever Africa Football League (AFL) champions after they beat Wydad Casablanca 2-0 to win 3-2 in aggregate at Loftus Versfeld Stadium (Pretoria) on Sunday.

Goals either side of the half by Peter Shalulile and Aubrey Modiba ensured that Sundowns became the first team to lift the trophy of the inaugura[b]l competition.

They also pocketed R75m ($4-m) for winning the title. They came into the final trailing 2-1 following their defeat in the first leg in Casablanca last week Sunday.

But there was nothing stopping them from being crowned the champions as they outplayed the Moroccan giants yesterday.

It was also revenge after Wydad knocked them out from the Caf Champions League semifinal at the same venue in May.

Yesterday, Sundowns dominated from the onset as they showed their intention of winning the match and were rewarded before the interval as Shalulile marked his return when he netted from a rebound to give his side the lead.

Modiba doubled the lead following the recess after he capitalised from Wydad’s poor defending after they lost the ball and slotted on the far post.

Try as they may, Wydad could not find a goal as Sundowns defended well for their victory and became the first team to win the AFL.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: South Africa's Mamelodi Sundowns Wins Inaugural Africa Football League PICS) by superintendents(m): 11:36pm On Nov 12, 2023
They deserve it..

They work for it.. congrats

2 Likes

Re: South Africa's Mamelodi Sundowns Wins Inaugural Africa Football League PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 11:42pm On Nov 12, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa's Mamelodi Sundowns Wins Inaugural Africa Football League PICS) by Urheadmaster(m): 11:43pm On Nov 12, 2023
When will Kano pillars FC participate in the tournament or they not part of it
Re: South Africa's Mamelodi Sundowns Wins Inaugural Africa Football League PICS) by KingCold: 11:58pm On Nov 12, 2023
WannaHowzit:
Mamelodi Sundowns of South Africa were crowned the first-ever Africa Football League (AFL) champions after they beat Wydad Casablanca 2-0 to win 3-2 in aggregate at Loftus Versfeld Stadium (Pretoria) on Sunday.

Goals either side of the half by Peter Shalulile and Aubrey Modiba ensured that Sundowns became the first team to lift the trophy of the inaugura[b]l competition.

They also pocketed R75m ($4-m) for winning the title. They came into the final trailing 2-1 following their defeat in the first leg in Casablanca last week Sunday.

But there was nothing stopping them from being crowned the champions as they outplayed the Moroccan giants yesterday.

It was also revenge after Wydad knocked them out from the Caf Champions League semifinal at the same venue in May.

Yesterday, Sundowns dominated from the onset as they showed their intention of winning the match and were rewarded before the interval as Shalulile marked his return when he netted from a rebound to give his side the lead.

Modiba doubled the lead following the recess after he capitalised from Wydad’s poor defending after they lost the ball and slotted on the far post.

Try as they may, Wydad could not find a goal as Sundowns defended well for their victory and became the first team to win the AFL.
wait for the hate
Re: South Africa's Mamelodi Sundowns Wins Inaugural Africa Football League PICS) by chiiraq802(m): 12:00am On Nov 13, 2023
Congrats to them.

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Mamelodi Sundowns Wins Inaugural Africa Football League PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 12:01am On Nov 13, 2023
Global reaction

Re: South Africa's Mamelodi Sundowns Wins Inaugural Africa Football League PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 12:20am On Nov 13, 2023
Lol - JaceBlaze, KingCold I wonder if this will make front page because its an historic moment in African football - the launch of the AFRICAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE won by black South Africa 😁😁😁🇿🇦🏆

I thought Nigerians lived and breathed football. But black SA won so it wont make front page in Soccer-geria coz of jealousy and envy🇳🇬👎🏾💩💩💩😂😂😂.

Where the 🇳🇬white worshippers at 😂😂😂?

cc TheSuperX, jamesversion, warl0ck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa's Mamelodi Sundowns Wins Inaugural Africa Football League PICS) by JaceBlaze: 12:42am On Nov 13, 2023
WannaHowzit:
Lol - JaceBlaze, KingCold I wonder if this will make front page because its an historic moment in African football - the launch of the AFRICAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE won by black South Africa 😁😁😁🇿🇦🏆

I thought Nigerians lived and breathed football. But black SA won so it wont make front page in Soccer-geria coz of jealousy and envy🇳🇬👎🏾💩💩💩😂😂😂.

Don't expect this to make front page😃 .Just don't lol

But the question is - who the hell is going to stop Msanzi this year?

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Mamelodi Sundowns Wins Inaugural Africa Football League PICS) by shox(m): 12:44am On Nov 13, 2023
If you want it posted to the front page real quick you can post it on randland or whatever.🫤
Re: South Africa's Mamelodi Sundowns Wins Inaugural Africa Football League PICS) by GanagiBitrus: 1:59am On Nov 13, 2023
Re: South Africa's Mamelodi Sundowns Wins Inaugural Africa Football League PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 7:14am On Nov 13, 2023
JaceBlaze:

Don't expect this to make front page😃 .Just don't lol

But the question is - who the hell is going to stop Msanzi this year?

Proteas must do the needful in India 🏏😎

1 Like

Re: South Africa's Mamelodi Sundowns Wins Inaugural Africa Football League PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 7:15am On Nov 13, 2023
shox:
If you want it posted to the front page real quick you can post it on randland or whatever.🫤

I've posted on DSTV's Supersport🇿🇦. It's all you'll see today 👍🏾
Re: South Africa's Mamelodi Sundowns Wins Inaugural Africa Football League PICS) by Princezibk: 11:04am On Nov 13, 2023
As a bonafide Nigerian 🇳🇬,,, I celebrate with South Africa 🇿🇦 🎊🎉🍾🍾… Even tho they can be very annoying 🤣🤣
Re: South Africa's Mamelodi Sundowns Wins Inaugural Africa Football League PICS) by Warl0ck: 5:15pm On Nov 15, 2023
WannaHowzit:

stop mentioning me gayman

(1) (Reply)

Can Nigeria Win Afcon 20i2? / Sebastian Vettel Crowned 2011 Grand Prix World Champion / D-i-s-a-s-t-e-r! It's A Collective Failure -kodjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.