Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,362 members, 7,864,680 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:23 AM

Famous African Magician That Cuts His Wife In Half And Put Her Back Together - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Famous African Magician That Cuts His Wife In Half And Put Her Back Together (1122 Views)

#EndSARS: Rema Cuts His Dreadlocks Signature Hairstyle In Solidarity (Photos) / BBNaija: Miracle Ikechukwu Cuts His Dreadlocks (Photos) / CDQ Cuts His Dreadlocks - See Before And After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Famous African Magician That Cuts His Wife In Half And Put Her Back Together by meedoLock(m): 5:54pm On Nov 13, 2023
Did you hear about professor peller while growing up in the 90s? If you are conversant with south west Nigeria, you would know the echoe and roaring of professor peller (Nickname) with his unbelievable magic tricks.

Enjoy the write up put together by Ronuspirit[i][/i]

This famous Magician was born in 1941 at Iseyin, Oyo State, Nigeria and he was named Moshood Folorunsho Abiola. He would later pick on the stage name of ‘Professor Peller’, an appellation that has stuck to him like a second skin.

He is the father of Shina Peller the popular socialite.

When Professor Peller was alive, he was the most brilliant magician in all of Africa. Even in death, Peller remains the greatest of all. He performed not only before princes but also held kings spellbound with his magic.

That was how Femi Oyebode, a Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Birmingham described Peller and one of his shows in 1972 at the George V Stadium in Lagos.

He was a perfect picture of debonair gentleman and was assisted by an attractive young woman. He flicked his white handkerchief and a white dove flew out. He pulled at his cuff links and flowers bloomed under his command. He was confident, majestic. He was suave and graceful.

His biggest ever trick was when he levitated his assistant who was also his wife and cut her in two without drawing blood. He locked her in a cupboard, chained up several times over yet she disappeared!

It was a masterful performance. The crowd clapped, hooped and loudly cheered. We were seduced against our better judgment, and believed that the trick was real.

He was a prolific and magnificent magician with many shows, some of which were the Invisible General, the Escaping Box, Changing Dresses and the Zigzag. One thing with Peller’s performances is that they were executed with maximum finesse and accuracy.

The life of this great magician was cut short prematurely due to an assassination attempt on his life that was successful. His wife Alhaja Silifat Adeboyin Peller, as she is currently known as, in an interview with BBC News Yoruba she said that it was the questions that were asked to late Professor Peller that led to his downfall. It was in an interview that he was asked when he could ever be found without his charms and he answered that when he observed prayers, he was charmless and that was the information that was banked on to carry out his assassination attempt. The story told us that the people who were sent to assassinate him, greatly capitalized on his weak point, waited till he was ready to observe prayer noon prayer and execute him at the sport. No one knew the motive for the brutal killing at the time. Just the mere sayings and speculations.

This is how the mighty ones are fallen in a very light and meaningless way.

As he was loved widely that was the same way he was envied by many and that envy was what led to his death. Nevertheless magic in Africa cannot be spoken about without mentioning professor Peller and that in itself is a glorious life well lived.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Famous African Magician That Cuts His Wife In Half And Put Her Back Together by meedoLock(m): 5:57pm On Nov 13, 2023
Unfortunately, social media was not that prevailing back then to further trend him for us all to see. He started his performance at the grassroot, at the communities, occasions and for the kings.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Famous African Magician That Cuts His Wife In Half And Put Her Back Together by SIXTEENTH(m): 6:17pm On Nov 13, 2023
Master of illusion, even as of then some folks are jealousy of his magical prowess. Enemies been lurking around like they did to Samson as of Old.

In life learned to keep what ever makes you great discreet.
Keep resting Prof. Peller
Re: Famous African Magician That Cuts His Wife In Half And Put Her Back Together by muyico(m): 6:32pm On Nov 13, 2023
I tot Nike peller is his daughter?
Re: Famous African Magician That Cuts His Wife In Half And Put Her Back Together by princeade86(m): 6:32pm On Nov 13, 2023
Olowo idan gangan

1 Like

Re: Famous African Magician That Cuts His Wife In Half And Put Her Back Together by meedoLock(m): 7:56pm On Nov 13, 2023
SIXTEENTH:
Master of illusion, even as of then some folks are jealousy of his magical prowess. Enemies been lurking around like they did to Samson as of Old.

In life learned to keep what ever makes you great discreet.
Keep resting Prof. Peller

My brother. No one is infallible but people gets betrayed since the time of Adam.
Re: Famous African Magician That Cuts His Wife In Half And Put Her Back Together by meedoLock(m): 7:57pm On Nov 13, 2023
muyico:
I tot Nike peller is his daughter?

Yes, that's correct. Nike peller is also widely know due to her social life style
Re: Famous African Magician That Cuts His Wife In Half And Put Her Back Together by virginchaser(m): 9:50pm On Nov 13, 2023
Prof Peller. He has a house each somewhere in Onipanu and Bodija.

1 Like

Re: Famous African Magician That Cuts His Wife In Half And Put Her Back Together by Moniya4Real(m): 10:20pm On Nov 13, 2023
The question I always ask regarding that particular,putative magic he performed is: was there blood when the woman was supposedly cut into two? If not, then forget about the authenticity of the notorious magical act.
Re: Famous African Magician That Cuts His Wife In Half And Put Her Back Together by meedoLock(m): 7:19am On Nov 14, 2023
Moniya4Real:
The question I always ask regarding that particular,putative magic he performed is: was there blood when the woman was supposedly cut into two? If not, then forget about the authenticity of the notorious magical act.

Lol, of course one should be curious about that too. As a matter of fact, I wondered that too, but magics and tricks are all about illusionist beyond one's imaginations at times.

Some assumed he got his power and tricks from India then.

(1) (Reply)

"Time For Me To Expose You", Angela Okorie To Zubby Michael (video) / Why I Divorced Kanye West” – Kim Kardashian Finally Opens Up / How Cartel Night Life In Owerri Collected Cubanas Chief Priest Customers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.