Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Canada Conference Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Conference Visa (1213 Views)

Italy Conference Visa / Help Usa Conference Visa Requirements / Conference Visa Denied At The U.S Consulate Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canada Conference Visa by Teniola101: 6:08am On Nov 14, 2023
Hello house, I greet everyone specially with all due respect. I’m new here and I will like to ask some few questions. Actually I just got my Canada visa and I’m due to travel by the end of this month. I’m going for a 1 day conference in Nanaimo, B.C. I will like to ask which airport will be my Port of entry? How many days should I book for my ticket, I was thinking of booking for 7 days I don’t know if it’s right like that, and also will I have to book for another domestic flight or bus because Nanaimo is like another 2 hours to Vancouver international airport.. I will be glad to get ideas responses. Thank you
Re: Canada Conference Visa by ahmedio2017(m): 8:37am On Nov 14, 2023
How did u apply for the conference bro
Re: Canada Conference Visa by Teniola101: 11:21am On Nov 14, 2023
I applied through an agent
Re: Canada Conference Visa by justwise(m): 11:56am On Nov 14, 2023
Teniola101:
Hello house, I greet everyone specially with all due respect. I’m new here and I will like to ask some few questions. Actually I just got my Canada visa and I’m due to travel by the end of this month. I’m going for a 1 day conference in Nanaimo, B.C. I will like to ask which airport will be my Port of entry? How many days should I book for my ticket, I was thinking of booking for 7 days I don’t know if it’s right like that, and also will I have to book for another domestic flight or bus because Nanaimo is like another 2 hours to Vancouver international airport.. I will be glad to get ideas responses. Thank you

One day conference ? Make sure that the agent tells you all the information he put in your visa application form else you are likely to be deported at the Poe.

From your post it’s obvious that you know not much about that conference or have an idea what the agent did.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Conference Visa by Teniola101: 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2023
justwise:

One day conference ? Make sure that the agent tells you all the information he put in your visa application form else you are likely to be deported at the Poe.

From your post it’s obvious that you know not much about that conference or have an idea what the agent did.

Thank you, what kind information do I need to know please, and also do I need to book another flight when I get to the Vancouver airport as that is not my final destination
Re: Canada Conference Visa by Teniola101: 5:46pm On Nov 14, 2023
justwise:

How many days is advisable to book for ticket please
Re: Canada Conference Visa by justwise(m): 8:09am On Nov 15, 2023
Teniola101:

Thank you, what kind information do I need to know please, and also do I need to book another flight when I get to the Vancouver airport as that is not my final destination

Ask the agent to tell you all the information he entered in the visa application about you. Ask him to tell you everything about the conference.

Try and verify if that visa is genuine.

Lastly are you working or doing any business ?
Re: Canada Conference Visa by zichien: 8:39pm On Nov 15, 2023
I agree. The post get as e be. Someone wey get enough sense to get canada visa for conference attendance--suppose get enough sense to use google to figure out the closest international airport to wey him dey supposedly go him one day conference. Walahi. No wonder these agents dey cash out! Simple information wey less than 5 mins you go find am for google.. people go dey pay agent money..chai.
justwise:

1 Like

Re: Canada Conference Visa by Teniola101: 8:48pm On Nov 15, 2023
zichien:
I agree. The post get as e be. Someone wey get enough sense to get canada visa for conference attendance--suppose get enough sense to use google to figure out the closest international airport to wey him dey supposedly go him one day conference. Walahi. No wonder these agents dey cash out! Simple information wey less than 5 mins you go find am for google.. people go dey pay agent money..chai.

If you read and understand what I asked it’s very simple, have made my research already and I wanted to confirm to be 100 percent sure but I can see people replying are not even giving me the question I asked, instead his asking me if my visa is genuine lol, will the embassy issue and stamp me a fake visa in the first place because I submitted and pick up my passport myself, some people here will sha want to talk like say na dem wise pass. Anyway I get your information and point. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canada Conference Visa by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 9:43pm On Nov 15, 2023
justwise:

Hey !

@ Justwise

Teniola101 posted same into General Canada Visit/Tourist visa section ..and Ahmedio2017 asked the same how did you get the visa question...the same deja vu is also happening in this lone post of Teniola101 ...

I am just laughing....

There is God ..Don't give up.
Re: Canada Conference Visa by justwise(m): 10:04pm On Nov 15, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey !

@ Justwise

Teniola101 posted same into General Canada Visit/Tourist visa section ..and Ahmedio2017 asked the same how did you get the visa question...the same deja vu is also happening in this lone post of Teniola101 ...

I am just laughing....

Done with him..wishing him all the best
Re: Canada Conference Visa by Teniola101: 1:37am On Nov 16, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey !

@ Justwise

I am just laughing....

Getat if you don’t have anything helpful to spit here
Re: Canada Conference Visa by Teniola101: 1:38am On Nov 16, 2023
justwise:

Done with him..wishing him all the best

Thank you
Re: Canada Conference Visa by gforce5: 4:15pm On Nov 16, 2023
OP, since you already have your visa, it would be advisable to book your return ticket for 7 days in case something comes up. I normally advise clients to apply for a visit visa if they are attending a conference as it gives them more flexibility. A Conference visa is issued for a very limited time period and comes with many stipulations.
Teniola101:

2 Likes

Re: Canada Conference Visa by zichien: 7:36pm On Nov 16, 2023
Nothing personal just an advice. From my brief 2min google search seems Vancouver international airport is the closest international airport, and so will most likely be your port of entry to Canada. ( But this all depends on your airline). Then you can either get a domestic flight from Vancouver to Nainamo, or take a bus, ferry or rent a car. Here is a link to the island. https://tourismnanaimo.com/how-to-get-here/
If your "conference" is a 1 day conference then would recommend at least 5-7 days to enjoy the Island, and Vancouver. As others have suggested make sure you know the name of the "conference" and have proof to show that you work in that field, have as much info at your finger tips so you can sound confident at the POE. ... and not stammer when questioned at the POE.
Best of luck

If you read and understand what I asked it’s very simple, have made my research already and I wanted to confirm to be 100 percent sure but I can see people replying are not even giving me the question I asked, instead his asking me if my visa is genuine lol, will the embassy issue and stamp me a fake visa in the first place because I submitted and pick up my passport myself, some people here will sha want to talk like say na dem wise pass. Anyway I get your information and point. Thank you[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

Has Anyone Here Ever Been On A Cruise To The Caribbean? / Info On Dublin Visa? / Any One With Experience In Obtaining Bulgarian Student Visa In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.