Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 (9186 Views)

Google’s Equiano Submarine Cable To Begin Operations In Nigeria By December / Google Records Everything You Say Around Your Phone. Learn How To Delete Them / "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by TechPill: 10:27am On Nov 14, 2023
Google recent announced that all email addresses that has not been use for more than two years will be deleted from their system. Though there are some exemptions:

Google announced earlier this year that all unused gmail account that was created and has not be active for a period of 24 months will be deleted by December 1, but now the deadline is few weeks away. So how would you know if your gmail account is inactive, well it simple, according to Google, your gmail account is inactive if you have not perform the following;

1.Signing in; reading or sending an email
using Google Drive
2. watching a YouTube video
3. sharing photos
4. downloading an app
5. and using Google browser

All above listed must be done while your gmail account is signed in. So if you have not done any activities on your Google account in the past two years Google consider such account as inactive. Having said that, there are some exceptions, this policy only applied to personal accounts, if your account is tied to a school, an employer or other organizations this policy does not affect you. And if you have purchase something from Google play store or if you have a balance on your account you are safe from this policy as well.

"Google products reserve the right to delete your data when your account has not been used within that product for a 2-year period," Google states in its Inactive Google Account Policy. "December 1, 2023 is the earliest a Google Account will be deleted due to this policy."

So if an account is found inactive by the Tech giant, all content and data will be deleted. this includes a host of informations stored by Google, which include Google calendar events, Google photo, Google Doc and email.

If you have an account and don't want Google to flag as inactive kindly login on or before December 1 to save it from this policy.

Source: https://www.techpill.net/2023/11/google-to-delete-inactive-gmail.html

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by Adesina18111(m): 10:32am On Nov 14, 2023
Only God knows how many gmails are being created daily in Nigeria only not to talk of the whole world...I personally have more than 50 gmails on my phones and Lappy and I can't remember when last I opened some of them...I guess Google found out that unused/inactive gmails are getting too much...they should rather make it a Gmail per phone number...that will reduce the way people sign up on it...you can hardly sign up on yahoo mail these dayscheesy grin grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by Resetinc: 10:32am On Nov 14, 2023
Gmail is useless, even a primary school pupil can hack your gmail account 😂

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by azpekuliar: 10:32am On Nov 14, 2023
Anyone who has been inactive that long no longer needs the account or is likely dead.

6 Likes

Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by VanTee20(m): 10:32am On Nov 14, 2023
Let me sign in to my old gmail.

1 Like

Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by Blackfire(m): 10:32am On Nov 14, 2023
Badnews
Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by koko3: 10:32am On Nov 14, 2023
Wow
Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by ClimaxHerbalixt(m): 10:33am On Nov 14, 2023
Ham
Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by jayAjoku(m): 10:33am On Nov 14, 2023
Gboys will not like this news

10 Likes

Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by Kingpele(m): 10:33am On Nov 14, 2023
grin grin grin
Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by AntiChristian: 10:33am On Nov 14, 2023
This is great!

5 Likes

Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by id4sho(m): 10:33am On Nov 14, 2023
shocked

1 Like

Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by Nahunger(m): 10:33am On Nov 14, 2023
Ahhh but why na 🥲🥲💧

How coronaviruspro go take dey communicate Hamas now, before i forget, fuvk you too 🥲🥲🥲
Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by princeade86(m): 10:33am On Nov 14, 2023
Good
Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by ruggedboych: 10:34am On Nov 14, 2023
mtcheeeeeeeew sad angry
Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by Okiton: 10:34am On Nov 14, 2023
cheesy
This is a way to decongest their server
Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by Ololademrmoney2(m): 10:35am On Nov 14, 2023
Same as Corporate Affairs Commission. Let me help you file your annual returns from inactive to active on CAC portal so that you're not delisted from their server. Reach out to me via my contact number below.

1 Like

Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by BOSSkesh(m): 10:35am On Nov 14, 2023
Alright we’ve heard
Free Palestine
check my signature for free stuffs!!!!

1 Like

Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by Mhizzard(m): 10:36am On Nov 14, 2023
If they are to delete inactive gmail,they got many to erase.personally,there are so many i created without making use of them.
Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by Misterc(m): 10:36am On Nov 14, 2023
This move by Google will affect many of our nairalanders who are always creating new monikers to spit rubbish and gibberish online....
Including some Gboys who have been ripping off clients......

In other news.... Where's Slawomirr ?
Since the clamdown of EFCC on the Yahoo boys in Benin.... He's no longer active...

Hope all is well with him...

8 Likes

Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by spiSeyi: 10:39am On Nov 14, 2023
Resetinc:
Says a kid who don't even know what anSMTP is undecided , email is only useless to kids who have no dealings in big businesses cool

9 Likes

Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:41am On Nov 14, 2023
Ok, noted.
Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by Ttipsy(f): 10:42am On Nov 14, 2023
What are they waiting for?
Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by toluxa1(m): 10:43am On Nov 14, 2023
Adesina18111:
Only God knows how many gmails are being created daily in Nigeria only not to talk of the whole world...I personally have more than 50 gmails on my phones and Lappy and I can't remember when last I opened some of them...I guess Google found out that unused/inactive gmails are getting too much...they should rather make it a Gmail per phone number...that will reduce the way people sign up on it...you can hardly sign up on yahoo mail these dayscheesy grin grin

You're a yahoo boy

7 Likes

Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by Harrynight(m): 10:43am On Nov 14, 2023
grin

Better so I can use the phone number and the username to open another account

1 Like

Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by Burgerlomo: 10:43am On Nov 14, 2023
Thank you for posting this I almost forget 👍

1 Like

Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by spiSeyi: 10:45am On Nov 14, 2023
Kids are more concerned about FB, IG, WhatsApp nd Tiktok cheesy but real men check their emails from time to time cool

10 Likes

Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by seunlayi(m): 10:45am On Nov 14, 2023
No problem
Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by Natbrowny: 10:48am On Nov 14, 2023
Resetinc:

If i had read this on another platform. There is no denying the fact that the comment is from a Nigerian.

Too bad.

1 Like

Re: Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 by babaRUNtinz(m): 10:48am On Nov 14, 2023
Thoughts no be the same!

(1) (2) (Reply)

New E Tv Code Is Out / Does Glo Roll Over Unused Internet Data? / Recommend A Headset/headphones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.