Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Ways Soulwinning Make You Wise - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ways Soulwinning Make You Wise (126 Views)

Last Year Must Had Made You Wise? / How Sex Can Make You Miss Your Ultimate Flight / Why Did Wise King Solomon Marry 700 Wives?(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ways Soulwinning Make You Wise by topshore(f): 3:07pm On Nov 14, 2023
Scripture Text: Proverbs 11: 30

James 3:17 defines wisdom: "But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good friuts, without partiality, and without hypocrisy." (KJV)

The fear of the Lord is indeed God's wisdom (Psalm 111:10). From the above definition of wisdom, we can affirm that only those who fear the Lord can possess all the qualities defined. The Bible says in James 1:5 that if anyone lacks wisdom, he should ask from the heavenly Father; He will give it to us without hesitating.

There are many ways we can acquire and grow God's wisdom: by asking Him in prayer, through the fear of the Lord, and most importantly, by winning souls for God.

Our Scripture text today confirms that he who wins a soul is wise. This simply tells us how important soul-winning is to God. Soul-winning is the heartbeat of God. God Himself started the act of soul-winning by giving us His only Son, Jesus Christ, to win our souls back from darkness and destruction into His marvelous light and eternal life. Anyone who participates in soul-winning usually gets more attention from heaven, and God personally blesses him or her with His wisdom.

The question is: "In what ways does soul-winning make you wise?"

The wise will shine like the stars forever, and those who lead many to justice will be like the angels forever. (Daniel 12:3). Righteous people bear fruit that lasts, and those who win souls are wise. (Proverbs 11:30).

1. The soulwinners are wise. According to Webster, wisdom is "the right use or exercise of knowledge." The person who wins souls doesn't just know the truth; they also put what they know about the message into practice. It is what they are supposed to do: "preach the gospel to every creature." A soulwinner is a growing, bright, shining star in the sky that God made. They like how wise God is. "...and he who wins souls is wise." (Prov. 11:30).

2. People who win souls are good at praying. When someone has a heart for people, they pray before, after, and during their witnessing. Soulwinners know they need spiritual help more than anyone else. After someone shares their faith story, they always ask for prayer: "Please pray for so and so to be saved," "Pray that the Lord will help me the next time I talk to them," or "Please pray that they will grow in the Lord now that they are saved." People who win souls are good at praying.

3. Soulwinners know a lot about the afterlife. To be a soulwinner, your spiritual eyes must be wide open. When you talk to people about their souls, you can't help but feel that everyone is going to either heaven or hell for all time.

4. People who win souls will know a lot about the Holy Spirit. You grow closer to the Holy Spirit when you win souls. Being a witness for Christ isn't just a school project once you've mapped out the plan of salvation in your Bible and marked important texts about it. The soulwinner knows they need the Holy Spirit's help very much. The Holy Spirit is always there to help the soulwinner. He is here to give the soulwinner, who looks to God for divine help, power, help, and lessons. Soulwinners all say they have been guided and strengthened by supernatural forces as they watch. Someone who is good at soulwinning has a bond with the Holy Spirit. The soulwinner knows a lot about the Holy Spirit. "You will have power, though, once the Holy Spirit comes upon you. You will be witnesses for me in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." (Acts 1:cool

5. The Bible says that soulwinners are smart. Again, wisdom means "using knowledge in the right way." The soulwinners know more about God's Word than just what they learn in school. They know how to use God's Word in the right way. The person who wins souls holds the Sword of the Spirit close to their heart and in their hand. Soulwinners read, study, and memorise the Bible for the benefit of their own souls as well as the souls of everyone they preach to. Every Christian book, sermon, and Sunday school lesson is read not only to improve their own souls but also to help the people they preach to. In the fight for faith, soulwinners learn the Bible. When someone shares their religion, they may be asked tough questions that they don't know how to answer. They are driven to look for the answer in the Bible. "Failures" in soulwinning are actually the way to later success. "Study to show that you are good enough in God's eyes, a worker who doesn't need to be ashamed, correctly dividing the word of truth." (2 Timothy 2:15).

6. Soulwinners know how to be holy. You will want to be pure and close to the Lord if you care about Him. The soulwinner knows that food can only come from vessels that are clean and rooted in Christ (John 15). The people you witness to expect you to live like Christ and show them what the truth is all about. People who are lost will hold you to a high standard because they know how a Christian should act. The Lord helps those who win souls to live a holy life so that His light can shine through and save souls.

7. Soulwinners know a lot about the church. You will be faithful to the church if you win souls. The church is a great spot to show people Jesus. People who are not saved are more likely to walk through the doors of an evangelical church to get salvation. A Christian who cares about their soul will be at church to lead others to Christ. People who are soulwinners are always passing out gospel tracts and asking their coworkers, friends, and neighbours to church. When they show up, they'll want to be there. Someone who is good at soulwinning knows that the church is a place where they can grow and where new Christians can grow too. This is where we follow the part of the great command that says "all things" (Matthew 28:20). We "continue in doctrine and fellowship" there (Acts 2:42). Soulwinners know how important the church is.

8. Soulwinners are aware of what other people need. Soulwinning will make your heart soft. The world is broken and full of sin, and people are having a hard time. You will hear heartaches and broken hearts as you speak out for Christ. People who are soulwinners step out of their own little worlds and feel what other people are feeling. The soulwinner helps other people carry their burdens and leads them to the Lord Jesus Christ, who is the ultimate bearer of all burdens. "He who goes out and weeps while carrying valuable seed will definitely come back with joy, carrying his sheaves with him." (Exodus 126:6).

9. Soulwinners know how to find joy in Christ. Being happy makes you win souls. "...come back with joy, bringing his sheaves with him." (Psalm 126:6a) "Likewise, I tell you, the angels of God are glad when one sinner turns away from his or her sins." (Luke 15:10). Besides having your own soul saved, the best joy is seeing other souls saved. The soulwinner's heart feels the same joy that people in heaven feel when they are with the angels. When someone wins souls, they live with the joy of heaven.

10. Soulwinners know how to be a good friend. You make friends when you win souls for Christ. You will always remember the person or people who led you to Christ. The soul and the soulwinner have a special connection. It's very rewarding to be a spiritual parent.

11. Soulwinners know a lot about God and are clever. It's close to God's heart to win souls. People who win souls know God and His ways from personal experience. He who wins souls is a friend of Christ. They have a relationship with Jesus that other people don't have. They work together with Christ to find those who are lost. Their goal in life is the same as Christ's, who "is come to seek and save that which is lost." (Luke 19:10). The person who wins souls follows Christ and seeks to fish for men.

Are you born again? Are you a soul-winner? Has your soul been won for Christ? Are you wise? If your answer to these questions is no, then don't delay. This is the right time to repent and give your life to Christ. Tomorrow might be too late.

God bless you.

If you would like to give your life to Christ, just say this short prayer:

"Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You now; come into my life; take control of my life; and change my world. I say bye-bye to the devil, and I enter the Kingdom of Light. Thank You Jesus Christ; in Your name I pray, amen".

Congratulations!!!

"Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."2 Corinthians 5:17

Peace!

Also read: https://www.pastorjack.org/?p=2438#:~:text=Soulwinners%20are%20wise%20concerning%20church,to%20guide%20others%20to%20Christ.

Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional, Vol. 8, 2023- Dr. D.K Olukoya.

(1) (Reply)

IDF Says It Found Hamas Rocket-making Lab, Weapons And Tunnel Entrance Inside Ga / My Untold Story Of Me And My Ex-girlfriend� / The Spirit And Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.